In our previous Mega Stone distribution articles, we've always noted that the end date for each of the codes is unknown, and to grab the stones using the codes while you could. Today, the exact date when the codes will expire has been announced – and how you can collect the last remaining Mega Stones to complete your collection in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
Firstly, all of the Mega Stone codes will expire on October 31st 2017, a few weeks before Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon drop. After that date, you won't be able to download the Mega Stones. Although it's unconfirmed, you should be able to trade your Mega Stones forward to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – so if you're wanting to use Mega Evolutions in the new games, be sure to catch 'em all while you can!
The last set of Mega Stones has also become available, so you can unleash Mega Latios, Mega Latias, Mega Ampharos, and Mega Altaria in battle. That code is DRACHE, and you'll need to enter it via the Mystery Gift option in the games to download the Mega Stones.
As this is the last distribution, this is a good time to recap all the Mega Stone codes, so it's simple to collect all the Mega Stones and enjoy all the broken hax awesome battle power they bring. So without further ado, here is how to get each Mega Stone:
Mega Stones Accessible In-Game
- Mega Blastoise, Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y: Defeat Red in the Battle Tree
- Mega Absol, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Garchomp, Mega Gengar, Mega Glalie, Mega Gyarados, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Lucario, Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir, Mega Sableye, Mega Salamence, Mega Scizor, Mega Sharpedo, Mega Slowbro: Buy for 64 Battle Points each at the Battle Tree's shop. (You'll need 960 points to get them all!)
- Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon: Buy at Antiquities of the Ages in Hau'oli City Mall for 10,000P each.
Mega Stones Available Through Events
If you're unsure how to use Mystery Gift to redeem codes, here's how:
- Mega Beedrill, Mega Medicham, Mega Audino, Mega Mawile: Download with the code INTIMIDATE
- Mega Houndoom, Mega Heracross, Mega Steelix, Mega Pidgeot: Download with the code AZUL
- Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Mewtwo Y: Download with the code M2DESCENT
- Mega Sceptile, Mega Blaziken, Mega Swampert: Download with the code MATSUBUSA
- Mega Tyranitar, Mega Manectric, Mega Abomasnow, Mega Aggron: Download with the code SABLEVOLANT
- Mega Gallade, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Lopunny, Mega Diancie: Download with the code POYONG
- Mega Latios, Mega Latias, Mega Altaria, Mega Ampharos: Download with the code DRACHE
- Make sure your 3DS is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Return to the game's title menu in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon, where you are offered to continue your game, access Mystery Gift, or access Live Competition. If you're in-game, save your game and then press L+R+Select to do a soft reset.
- Enter the Mystery Gift menu.
- Click Receive Gift.
- Choose "Get via Code/Password," then choose Yes and Yes again to connect to Wi-Fi.
- You will be asked to enter the code. Once the code has been entered correctly, the event corresponding to your code will appear: press A to download it.
- Return to the title screen and continue your game.
- Visit a Pokémon Center.
- To the left of the desk will be a deliveryman – talk to him to receive the event.