1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask to Join Pokémon: SoulBound

Discussion in 'Pokémon Role Play Discussion' started by ThatJustin’sASpy!, Aug 26, 2019.

1. So, this is an RP Idea that I think I created at a worse time. I’ve never created a Pokémon RP, and I think my idea could be interesting. If you know me from a different RP I tried to make, the Persona RP to be specific, you probably knew that I nuked it not too long after it started. The reason for that was that I felt(not to be rude in any aspect, but) that most of the people in that RP didn’t really know what Persona was, and that’s mostly my fault for including a link to a website where you could find out more information, when in reality, I probably should’ve just let people join if they were at least acquainted with the series. With me sounding like an a**hole(which is totally fine, cause I kinda do right now), let me describe the story.

This story takes place in both the human world(Earth), where humans live alone with other humans and animals, and the Pokémon World, a world where only Pokémon live. The people and Pokémon of these worlds believed that neither of the other existed, and only theirs was real. Both worlds have trace hints of the opposite existing, but this evidence is in the hands of certain people among both, a group, or rather, organization, known as the Searchers. The Searchers are people and Pokémon of both respective worlds that were tasked with researching the artifacts that depicted the knowledge that another world could exist, one with life forms different than their own. Both groups from both worlds believed that there was another world, and tried their hardest to connect them. This was impossible until an artifact known as the Soul Splitter was found. Each world found one half of the device, and once they realized what could be done with it, they successfully opened a portal that connected the worlds. As Pokémon and humans conversed, the began sending humans and Pokémon to live in either world for a period of time. What they didn’t know was that the Soul Splitter split any souls that passed through the portal(if they passed into the world that wasn’t theirs) and made a new life form, a Pokémon for Humans, and a human for Pokémon, randomly in the world. These Pokémon and humans that shared soul bonds were known as the Soulbound, a new kind of human or Pokémon. Soulbound are able to communicate the language of the other world, as well as beign able to take share forms, where in the human world, humans can share a body with Pokémon, and in the Pokémon world, Pokémon can share a body with humans. They’re also able to completely swap their bodies, giving full control to the respective other, which works in between worlds. However, before the Searchers were able to completely finish all respective research, another group formed. This group had the name of the Conquerors, a group that believed that they could conquer the other world. This group was also on both worlds, and they attacked the Searchers to steal their research. Before the Conquerors could reach the Soul Splitter, the chief of both groups of Searchers called back their humans and Pokémon to their worlds, and shut the portal, taking each half of their research and the Soul Splitter with them. While the chieves held back the Conquerors, a single Pokémon and Human were sent to hide the valuable research, and more importantly, the Soul Splitter. These two did indeed share the half of the others soul, and each vowed to erase their memories before the portal was closed. All other Searchers were killed in the fight.After that, humans became legend and fiction to Pokémon, while Pokémon became entertainment to humans. The offspring of the two that hid the research do indeed share bonds in order of their birth. But they do not know this, as the memories and history
    have been somewhat erased...

Fast forward to today, a lot farther in the future. Humans are living in peace with other humans, and a huge franchise in their world is Pokémon, a fictional game, anime, and card series revolving around animal like creatures with elemental powers. And in the Pokémon world, Pokémon have built towns, and Humans are a common fiction in kids tales and legends. You, on the other hand... you start to have dreams. Dreams of villages and cities so detailed and beautiful, foods so delicious looking, devices never seen before. But they aren’t real, their just dreams. At least, that’s what you think. You wake up in the night, sometimes, so overcome with amazement. And then, you go back to sleep, your a bit disappointed that it was only a dream. You often write descriptions, make drawings, and even somethings attempt to create food or devices from your dreams. Some people you share with are amazed. Others are a little creeped out. But, alas, you know this world couldn’t exist... could it?

The following contains the Character Bio and Rules for the RP

For this RP, you will need to create a character for your human, a character that will represent half of your soul, and your Pokémon, a character that will represent the other half. Your Pokémon may not be a legendary, mythical, or Pokémon from Galar(yet), and your Human cannot be a Mary Sue or Gary Stu. Chose who you want to represent yourself wisely.
    Human Bio:

Name:
    Sexuality:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    History:
    Favorite Food:
    Feeling towards dreams:

Pokémon Bio
    Name:
    Species:
    Sexuality:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    History:
    Favorite Food
    Feeling towards dreams:

The personalities and favorite foods need to be similar in one way, but different. (For example, your human and Pokémon could both have a quirky nature, but one is really hyper and friendly and the other is calm and introverted)

Rules:
    -PokeCharms standard rules, They can be found under the Roleplay tab
    -No Mary Sues or Gary Stus
    -I will ask if Legendaries/Mythicals can be mentioned, but absolutely NO GALAR POKÉMON OR GALARIAN FORMS. Don’t even MENTION Galar at all.
    -Romance allowed, nothing past kissing, but please make it in between others and not your own Soulbound partner. That’s just... really weird.
    -You and your Soulbound partner can be different genders, I have no objections to that. For Genderless Pokémon, please provide an applicable suffix(For example, Frosty,
    My Cryogonal, is Genderless, but I use “he, him, and his” to talk about him.)
    -Please try to make posts about 5 sentences long as a minimum.
    -Use as clear and good of English as possible for you
    -Swearing is allowed, but use it mindfully if others. I usually only use Hell and Damn.
    -No Double-Posting unless it is in this discussion.
    -Please give a little bit of time before another posting, as others could be writing a post. Also, try to keep the speed of the RP to a medium at most.

If you read the rules, tell me your actual favorite food. (Even if it’s the same)

Thanks, and have fun!

Name: Justin Hardin
    Sexuality: Not really interested, but could be broken...
    Personality: Justin is the type of guy who sits at the back of a class, even when he tries to sit closer to the teachers desk. He’s calm, but introverted, though he is able to muster up just enough courage to talk to others. When he’s hooked on a feeling, he is HOOKED on that feeling, so for example, if you make him really happy, he’ll most likely be happy for the rest of the day. He’s decently intelligent, but he can be reckless. He’s afraid of very little, but he is easily frightened. Considers himself very average.
    Appearance: Full light grey clothing, including sweatpants, socks, shoes, shirts, and a jacket, as well as a big black backpack, and black headphones. He has pale pinkish white skin, medium thickness dirty blond hair, and deep brown eyes.
    History: For his whole life, he’s thought himself to be very average. He has his own weird likes and dislikes, he acts how others act during school, he does things other people do for fun. He hasn’t ever really felt like he’s been above or below and average person, and he doesn’t know what’s yet to come.
    Favorite food: He likes a lot of foods, so it’s difficult to determine his favorites, but absolutely DESPISES melons.
    Feelings about dreams: Justin wants to believe that a place like the ones in his dreams exists, but he doesn’t put a whole lot of belief in them. About a sixteenth of his mind says that the place is real, while the rest of his mind just logically assumes his imagination is running wild.

Name: King
    Species: Dewott
    Sexuality: Straight
    Appearance: A standard Dewott, but with a deep red and grey scarf.
    Personality: He tends to keeps thoughts and feelings to himself, but he gets along fine with others. He’s quick to change mood based on how everyone else is feeling, and can be pretty stand-up or understanding when others need it.
    History: King grew up in a smaller town in the Pokémon world. He does what he needs to, wether it be helping his parents with Berry harvests or being responsible, but a small part of him has always felt empty.
    Feelings towards dreams: Very defensive and secretive of them, but very interested. He wonders if this world does exist, and is most interested in the human technology.

2. I read the rules. My favourite food is mint chocolate ice cream.

Name: Allison Gracie Silverstone
    Personality: Charismatic and funny, Allie's a great person to be around. She's always excited to try new things and never backs down from a challenge. She tends to be a bit rash and rush into situations that she isn't prepared for, though.
    Appearance: Standing at a height of 5'7, Allie has long light blue hair and brown eyes. Typically, she wears a black skirt along with a blue tank top and black running shoes. She is of caucasian descent and has a slim build.
    History: Because she is only fourteen, she doesn't have a big history. She's a massive fan of the Pokemon franchise, and has been since her early childhood. She's typically not incredibly social in school, due to people seeing her as a bit weird.
    Favorite Food: She loves dessert foods of all kinds.
    Feeling towards dreams: She believes genuinely that the dreams must mean something, and that maybe there's something greater at play here than her wild imagination.

Pokémon Bio
    Name: Eve
    Species: Eevee
    Sexuality: Asexual
    Personality: Like her soul partner, Eve is charismatic and tends to be rash. She also loves adventure. However, she's quite rebellious and has a lot of nerve, tending to be sassy towards others. She's often sarcastic, especially when angered.
    Appearance: She looks relatively normal for an Eevee, with the exception of a small cream-colored patch of fur on her forehead in the shape of a heart.
    History: She doesn't have much of one. She's a relatively average Pokemon.
    Feeling towards dreams: She believes them with a passion, but would still be startled if she suddenly met someone of the other species.

3. Good bio, you have been accepted. Feel free to invite anyone you think might be interested(not that you HAVE to), I didn’t ping anyone because I have a very mixed “friend” (more like follower) group on this site.

4. Okay! I'll tag some people when I think of them.

5. Maybe a jerk move, but I’m just replying to keep this near the top of the discussions. Last time, my discussion was completely flooded out by other discussions.

6. Replying again to keep this near the top. I understand this isn’t discord, I just don’t want the discussion to be drowned in the sea of RP discussions.

7. Mango137

Mango137 Previously Lewish37

This one seems a little too complicated for me, thanks though

8. Hm, interesting... It's night here in Crete, and the plot is super complicated, so I'll probably try to read it again once or twice tommorow or the day after. Thanks for thinking of me, by the way!

9. I'm interested ^-^ ill post one up soon

10. “Plot is super complicated”

Half of me: Hmm, I must be smarter than I though

The other half: You idiot, now not as many people will join.

11. Name: JC
    Personality: Brave(Only acts the part), Strong, Understanding, Strategic, Gentle, Calm, thinks before acting, Slightly Stubborn(mostly)
    Appearance: She is a light skinned young lady that stands at 5'3 in height. She has a well feminine build but light. She has dark brown long hair pulled up in a high pony tail since it almost touches the ground. She has light blue eyes with her right one slightly blind which her bang hides. She wears a black shirt that only covers her right shoulder as only her tank strap is visible on her right shoulder. On the front of the shirt it says "No Judgement Comments" in light blue, light red, and light green coloring. She wears shorts and flats on her feet as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. She wears bandages on her wrists and ankles. She wears a black and silver cross around her neck and glasses upon her face.
    History: Life as a child wasn't easy for her as she lost her father at a very young age leading to serous grief but if it wasn't for her mother and older brother Shadow's support to bring her back up she wouldn't be the young lady she is today. Although, she has always been chased because of the ability to understand animals or maybe even misjudged because of it.
    Favorite Food: Anything sweet
    Feeling towards dreams: She believes that there is a meaning behind those dreams she has but she mostly keeps them to herself. She mostly sketched out what she sees in her dreams so that she won't forget. She feels it must mean something like a connection towards something.

Pokémon Bio
    Name: Blue
    Species: Umbreon(Shiny)
    Personality: Like her soul partner, she is gentle and calm towards others. She is mostly Brave in any type of situation and has a more stragetic mind when it comes to battling just like her soul partner. She is very understanding towards others and will protect ones close and younger then her from any harm.
    Appearance: An Umbreon but with light blue rings and gold eyes with a black and blue flower on her right ear
    History: None in particular
    Favorite Food: Sweet Masaladas
    Feeling towards dreams: She feels that there is some sort of meaning towards the dreams she has as she wants to find the reason behind them. She keeps this to yourself to avoid drama

Alright done

12. Danke Schon sehr comarade! Both @EeviumZ and @LunarSilvally you have both been accepted. Also, extra thanks to @EveiumZ for bringing people here, and helping me realize that it can’t hurt to ask friends to join!
    (Thank you good friend! In German)

13. Ampharos' Dragon Blood

Ampharos' Dragon Blood Previously Altari_owl

I love complicated, intricate plots!

I made Heli for what it's worth...
    Not that it was a big THING but it was kinda intricate I guess

Do the "new species of Pokemon" mean fakemon? If so, I have just the one! If not, I can still post a bio. I wouldn't want to post it until you say, but I think this is gonna be a GREAT RP!

ThatJustin’sASpy! likes this.
  14. You know what? F it. I’ll allow fakemon! Just no Pokéhumans please! @Ampharos' Dragon Blood also I probably should change the wording! I didn’t mean new species, rather like a new... well, these Pokémon are different than average ones. But I think Fakemon would go perfectly with the story now that think of it!

15. Ampharos' Dragon Blood

Thanks so much!

Human Bio:
    Name: Leo Paadori
    Sexuality: He's not really sure yet. Might reveal later in the RP. (Looked it up, it's called Bicurious)
    Personality: Leo's a quirky kid. He's awkward, sure, but when he gets interested in something, he goes ALL OUT. Except for sports... Anyways, he kinda feels like he can't nerd out and as a result, is on the computer a lot.
    Appearance: Leo has clear contacts, black, curly hair, and pale skin. He usually wears a Pokemon T-shirt and some form of shorts or sweatpants.
    History: Leo grew up in a small town that I guess you could call a "resort town." It basically meant tourists thought they ruled the place and were pretty jerky compared to the other locals. His parents weren't rich, and their house was small compared to the others in his town. He was the quiet kid at his school, and his grades were about Bs. He has a few friends, but most of the boys at his school were jerks...
    Favorite Food: Calamari! He's barely ever tried it, but it tastes delicious!
    Feeling towards dreams: Leo's been drawing crude pictures and making up fantasies of them for a while. He longs for them to be real!

Pokémon Bio
    Name: Muku
    Species: Turnooki (more data below!)
    Sexuality: Bicurious
    Personality: Muku's quiet and shy, but energetic when hunting. As all Turnookis do, she can charm others into giving her food through some traits. She's learned to use this "charm ability" and sometimes can be tricky and manipulative.
    Appearance: I'll attach a picture soon, but for now she looks kind of like a Stufful but green with plants growing on her.
    History: Muku's parents were masters of their Charm Trait and were thieves. Muku learned to steal and doesn't know it's wrong. She doesn't hunt much, but her parents taught her Metal Claw (egg move) which she can hunt other Pokemon with. The other Pokemon are wary of her, but she has a group of friends who understand her.
    Favorite Food: Octillery meat! Her parents rarely bring it home, but it's oh so delicious!
    Feeling towards dreams: The dreams to Muku are just dreams, but they're her favorite ones and she likes having them.

Turnooki: Grass/Fairy

Ability: Overgrow, Charm Trait
    (Can "charm" others, making them think she's super cute and making her persuasive. She's not the best at this yet.

Learnset:

Tackle
    Baby-Doll Eyes
    Absorb
    Quick Attack
    Disarming Voice
    Grass Whistle
    -advanced-
    Giga Drain
    Dragon Claw
    Grassy Terrain
    Play Rough
    Seed Bomb

Stats in descending order: Sp. Atk, Atk, Spd, Sp. Def, Def

Evolves into:
    Radishlash, Grass/Fighting
    Abilities: Overgrow, Defiant
    Rabosid, Grass/Dark
    Abilities: Overgrow, Tough Claws

Coconut Shrimp!

#18 Ampharos' Dragon Blood, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  16. Astrapi

Astrapi Previously AstrapiDappletail

Im rather intrigued in this roleplay, and I think it could be interesting. But one question; Are fusions allowed, or just fakemon?

17. I asked this question to myself, and I’m afraid to say that I don’t think Pokéfusions will be allowed. The reasoning for this is that Fakémon are new Pokémon that are fan created, but Pokéfusions are already existing Pokémon that are fused together. I can see how a new species could be created, but I don’t exactly see how two Pokémon could fuse together in a Pokémon world setting where humans haven’t intervened in many years. I’m sorry if this upsets you, but I won’t be allowing fusions.

18. Ampharos' Dragon Blood

My fakemon I chose was actually my very first so if something seems off, just let me know and I'll change it.

19. Astrapi

Astrapi Previously AstrapiDappletail

Thats fine, I was just asking ^^
    Here my bio is!
    (you have noooo idea how many times autocorrect tried to murder me XD)

Name: Ffion (Not a typo, that is a real name) Swifte
    Sexuality: Demisexual and panromantic
    Personality: Ffion can be jumpy and anxious at times, but is also very calm and friendly. She tries to stay away from arguments and fights, but often finds herself in the middle of them. She is a dreamer and will do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is safe.
    Appearance: Rather tall for her age, around 5"6', with pale skin and a very freckly face. Her eyes are blue-green. She has medium length, pale brown hair with a side fringe. She wears a mainly white, short sleeved t-shirt with one orange-pink sleeve, and jean shorts, as well as white trainers. If its cold, she wears a grey hoodie that is slightly too big for her.
    History: Ffion lived a rather normal life with her parents, who where slightly overprotective of her. She'd often stay after school and go to the local park or something, but she'd usually get told off for this.
    Favorite Food: Not particularly fussy, will eat whatever she's given, but has a strong dislike towards curries and beans.
    Feeling towards dreams: Rather secretive about them, she prefers not to talk about them even when given the chance.

Pokémon Bio
    Name: Free
    Species: Fearidae (Fakemon)
    Sexuality: Demisexual and panromantic, like Ffion
    Personality: Very secretive and quiet, yet adventurous and always tries to achieve the best. He hates his name, mainly because he doesn't feel free, sometimes feeling trapped in his emotions or head. Despite this, he tries to keep a positive attitude and remain calm. Sometimes he can be straight up evil, tricking people and doing whatever he can to rid of them. Just... stay on his good side
    Appearance: Normal Fearidae, but has a few scars on his shoulder.
    History: Lived most of his life alone, isolated from others. Nowadays he tries to be social, but finds it hard.
    Favorite Food: Anything, not fussy. But anything spicy 'plays havoc with his intestines' - He just uses this accuse to avoid eating it.
    Feeling towards dreams: Hates them. Will try and keep himself awake to stop dreams from reaching him. The dreams he does get, however, he is secretive about.
    Moveset/learnset: Shadow ball, Confusion ray, Psycho cut, Mean look, Growl, Tackle, Lick, Crunch, Bite, Dark pulse, Copy cat, Cut, Psybeam

My favorite food is Louisiana style chicken strips

#22 Astrapi, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  20. Actually I think I might change Blue anf use one of my own Fakemon I created if that's alright

21. Ampharos' Dragon Blood

Ahh! I forgot the favorite food that says you read the rules! One sec...

22. If all is the same to everyone, I’ll be starting this RP soon. Just give me a while, I’m gonna have limited time to work with.