• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Solo Run

So for the longest time I have been thinking of doing solo runs on Pokemon, and out of curiosity, what Pokemon do you guys like to use for solo runs?

(Generation doesn't matter, and it doesn't have to be a starter necessarily, just something that you may be able to catch early game in whatever game you pick).

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Perhaps not technically a solo run, but I did once try a Bidoof-only run. Didn't get too far in it, though, partially because it was too much effort to time the videos to music, and partly because DPPt were really rather boring once BW came out...

I'm still debating hacking a Bidoof as my starter and doing it again in a Gen V game.

My last nuzlocke run for Pokemon Y ended up almost being a complete Solo run with Azumarill. If I had to pick a pokemon to run solo with for the latest generation I would have to go with the Marill line. They have use a good variety of moves and a well bred one in particular can muscle through most of the ingame battles without issue.

I remember inadvertently doing a Feraligatr solo run back in Silver because I was a n00b. Honestly I could've pulled it off in SoulSilver as well because Feraligatr has a nice movepool and decent stats all around to not be a liability.

I did one on accident with Feraligatr in the original Gold, but I was five and had no idea what I was doing. I somehow beat the Elite Four but I lost the game after that.

I did one again with an Audino in Pokemon White (Marshall was such a hassle, yeesh) and I did a Miltank run with Pokemon Y

So far I have only done one Solo run - in White 2 - with Watchog - back in BW2 it was my favorite Pokemon. It was very tough - struggled along the way, my biggest challenge was against the Fighting type Elite 4 - forgot his name, lost against him 4 times.
Already plan on doing one in Alpha Sapphire with Eevee.