• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Smash Update - 19th May

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Just a quick note: aside from a couple of extended shots from the latest trailer (extra Gogoat-ridiing footage, mostly) and solid confirmation that you can move diagonally, there was nothing new on this week's Pokémon Smash in Japan.

We at Pokécharms HQ are committed to sitting through absolutely insane Japanese children's television so you don't have to.

Read More

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Teapot said:
We at Pokécharms HQ are committed to sitting through absolutely insane Japanese children's television so you don't have to.
Heroes, each and every one of you. *wipes away tear*

Very disappointing that nothing new was revealed, though. :T

If what I'm hearing around the internet is true we will be getting weekly reveals from now on from Pokemon Smash! Which is music to my ears seeing regular new Pokemon, possibility of new types and reveals of cities, gums, leaders, E4, rivals and the champion is always good. Don't know if this is confirmed yet but hopefully it is

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Coreysawrus said:
If what I'm hearing around the internet is true we will be getting weekly reveals from now on from Pokemon Smash! Which is music to my ears seeing regular new Pokemon, possibility of new types and reveals of cities, gums, leaders, E4, rivals and the champion is always good. Don't know if this is confirmed yet but hopefully it is

Keep in mind that everything featured within CoroCoro hasn't been fully revealed yet by Smash, so there's a good chance that the weekly X & Y news that Smash features won't actually be new information. It could just be more highlights with very subtle new details. The extended gameplay videos were nice, but otherwise I'm not getting my hopes up until they actually reveal something brand new again. For now I'll just wait for next month's CoroCoro leaks. XD

Mind you, this week's Smash did teach me one thing: "PokeMorning!" is a great greeting. I must use this. :8B:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
PokeMorning!
PokeMorning, Linkachu! :D

Teapot said:
That was the first time I've ever sat through it. I figured I'd hang around and watch it in case we got loads of new stuff that needed sorting. But no. Just need therapy now instead :3:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Coreysawrus said:

As Katie already said, Smash have barely touched the sides of the CoroCoro leaks this far and by the time they finish the next CoroCoro will be out (which also promised X/Y news), and rinse and repeat for the next couple of months. That said, even if Smash is beaten to the big reveals I think the show could still bring us a lot of smaller details, so we'll see.

Just means a few more months of watching Japanese craziness! ^^