• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Smash To Bring New Pokémon X & Y And Movie 16 News Next Week

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
This weeks edition of Japanese TV show Pokémon Smash aired last night and brought with it the announcement that the show will be revealing brand new information to do with Pokémon X and Pokémon Y on the show next week, along with new information to do with the 16th Pokémon movie Extremespeed Genesect.

Pokemon_Smash_logo.png

It's worth noting that we are at the time of the month where Japanese magazine CoroCoro normally leaks, so the magazine will likely steal Pokémon Smash's thunder and bring us most of, if not all, the information first before Pokémon Smash has the chance to reveal it.

As for what the information will be, it's currently unclear, however many are speculating a new Eeveelution will be revealed as this week's edition of Pokémon Smash put a lot of their attention on the current group of seven Eeveelutions; not to mention how much overall attention has been put on Eevee recently with the Eeveelution trainer featured in the Unova League arc of the anime, and the Eevee Pokémon Short due to be shown before the 16th movie. Again though, at this point it's only speculation.

Whatever happens this is sure to be an exciting week for Pokémon fans!

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Pokémon Smash To Bring New Pokémon X & Y And Movie 16 Ne

Whee. I hope CoroCoro reveals a few new Pokemon. Together with it and Pokemon Smash we should hopefully receive a few more details to do with the currently revealed Pokemon as well, such as their 'dex classifications, height and weights, etc. :)

Maybe they'll have a new gameplay trailer prepared as well? That would be snazzy. Whatever it is, bring on the news!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

I hope we get some good and interesting stuff! Just a little bit excited for it, in case some new Pokemon get revealed or we get more information on the five we know about :D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Oh Dem. You really want that new Eevee evolution. :p

I'm kind of disappointed that we might be getting the information through the old channels of news. When the games came out considerably earlier in Japan than the rest of the world. But now that we're supposed to be getting the games everyone at once. After we got the announcement of the games in a different manner, I was hoping that we would continue to get all of the game news in a global release like that.

Sadly that does not appear so, and we'll have to be at the mercy of Japan once more. *fist shakes*

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Sir Red said:
Oh Dem. You really want that new Eevee evolution. :p

Well, I couldn't argue with the facts placed in front of me.... But yes, yes I do, muchly. x3

Sire Red said:
I'm kind of disappointed that we might be getting the information through the old channels of news. When the games came out considerably earlier in Japan than the rest of the world. But now that we're supposed to be getting the games everyone at once. After we got the announcement of the games in a different manner, I was hoping that we would continue to get all of the game news in a global release like that.

Sadly that does not appear so, and we'll have to be at the mercy of Japan once more. *fist shakes*

I think it will change a little bit, but then Pokémon will always have a much larger fanbase in Japan and I never thought they'd change their habits too much. If anything, Pokémon news for us will just be released through the US Facebook/Twitter account when Pokémon Smash airs, at best, if not they'll just save it up for Nintendo Directs. Either way if we aren't gabbing it from Japan we'll always be behind, which is sad.