• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Smash To Be X & Y Special On The 16th

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Next weeks edition of Japanese TV show Pokémon Smash which is due to be aired on the 16th of June in Japan has been confirmed to be a Pokémon X and Pokémon Y special. The episode will be solely focused on the two games and will be featuring Junichi Masuda as a guest, so it should bring some interesting news.
Pokemon_Smash_logo.png
However it's worth keeping in mind that this week is already set to be quite a big one for Pokémon fans as the latest edition of CoroCoro will be released in Japan on the 15th and should leak a few days beforehand, likely bringing us all the latest news before Pokémon Smash does. That's all without even considering the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y focused presentation which will be held at E3 on Tuesday, which could bring us some interesting news itself.

Whatever happens this is sure to be an exciting week for Pokémon fans!

Last edited:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I dunno if we can expect much in terms of game info, or brand new Pokemon, but I'd fully expect a release date to solidify over the next week at the very least.

I'd like to think we'll also finally solve the Sylveon mystery, too.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Doctor Oak said:
I dunno if we can expect much in terms of game info, or brand new Pokemon, but I'd fully expect a release date to solidify over the next week at the very least.

I'd like to think we'll also finally solve the Sylveon mystery, too.

Pokémon Smash confirmed last night that we'd get a new (if not two) Pokémon next week, so I suspect CoroCoro will throw it at us beforehand. Pokémon Smash also stated that "The history of Pokemon Battles will change forever, new Pokemon shown one after another" in the preview for the next episode, so honestly I'd also expect a new type to be revealed, solving the Sylveon thing, and maybe something a little more. We shall see. :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Demelza said:
Pokémon Smash confirmed last night that we'd get a new (if not two) Pokémon next week, so I suspect CoroCoro will throw it at us beforehand. Pokémon Smash also stated that "The history of Pokemon Battles will change forever, new Pokemon shown one after another" in the preview for the next episode, so honestly I'd also expect a new type to be revealed, solving the Sylveon thing, and maybe something a little more. We shall see. :)
If they simply mean a new type, then okay. However, if they really plan to screw with the battle system that has been around since the get-go...I will not be a happy camper.

The prospect of new Pokemon is always a good one, though. I am excited to see what comes about this week. Really hoping it is not disappointing like the last time Pokemon Smash was supposed to reveal something.