• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Sinnoh Travels: Sign Up

The Roleplay: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-sinnoh-travels.19499/

Rules:

1. Have a good amount of writing in you posts, if you don't have a good amount of material to post, then don't post. Instead wait to post when you have enough to write about.
2. Communicate with the other Roleplayers, especially if you need clarification on various situations
3. Paying attention is important, write the dex number of your favorite Pokemon next to your name.
4. Not everyone will get excepted, if I feel that you lack proper Roleplaying experience, I apologize, but you will be turned down.
5. Read the Roleplay Rules of this site, especially to Pokemon Rules! You can even read them here
6. Have Fun.
7. No Battle Bond, Fakemon, or Z-Moves

Background Detail
It has been 5 years since Cyrus, leader of Team Galactic, attempted to destroy the world. Since then the Sinnoh Region has seen peace. However there lies a group of Pokemon Poachers who search and capture rare Pokemon to sell for high profit. Many Pokemon have been captured by these hunters and have been sold off as property for collectors, scientists, and even some trainers wishing to buy their way to becoming the best. While the Sinnoh Police Force (SPF) has tried to find these criminals, there has been no progress towards their capture.

But not everything has been dark and depressing, many trainers have spent their lives working hard in order to reach the ranks of a top trainer in hopes of battling and defeating the Champion Cynthia, however to this day, Cynthia remains undefeated. Maybe one day there will be a trainer who can defeat and take the title of Champion from her.

Character Sheet
Name:
Personality:
Experience:
Appearance:

Pokemon Bio
Species:
Nickname: (If it has no nickname put N/A or None)
Ability:
Obtained: (How did you get this Pokemon?)
Extra: (Optional)

Character Sheet
Name: Will Jackson#773
Personality: Will is a laid back trainer who likes to go with the flow of life. This is also reflected in his Pokemon's personalities as well. Will cares a lot for both his friends and his Pokemon and is willing to go through a lot to help them.
Experience: Will has no experience as a trainer.
Appearance: Will has dirty blond hair and wears blue shorts with a green shirt. Will's eyes are green and he has a scar from a surgery on his chest.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Chimchar
Nickname: N/A
Ability: Blaze
Obtained: Will obtained Chimchar as a gift for his 16th Birthday and also as a sign from his parents that he was aloud to take his first journey.
Extra: Chimchar wears a small red scarf around it's neck.

Character Sheet
Name: Drake Volt #738
Personality: Drake is more of a serious trainer. He tends to be analytical, aiming to make battles as efficient as possible for his Pokémon. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care for his Pokémon. Drake is caring and protective of Pokémon and close friends.
Experience: No experience as a trainer; has a little experience with breeding as his parents were Pokémon breeders.
Appearance: Drake has black, short, spiky hair, and dark blue eyes. He wears a black shirt and blue jacket and blue jeans with white sneakers.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Bulbasaur
Ability: Overgrowth
Obtained: Bulbasaur was Drake’s first Pokémon that he hatched from an egg while working with his parents.
Extra: N/A

Last edited:
Character Sheet
Name: Drake Volt
Personality: Drake is more of a serious trainer. He tends to be analytical, aiming to make battles as efficient as possible for his Pokémon. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t care for his Pokémon. Drake is caring and protective of Pokémon and close friends.
Experience: No experience as a trainer; has a little experience with breeding as his parents were Pokémon breeders.
Appearance: Drake has black, short, spiky hair, and dark blue eyes. He wears a black shirt and blue jacket and blue jeans with white sneakers.

Pokemon Bio
Obtained: Bulbasaur was Drake’s first Pokémon that he hatched from an egg while working with his parents.
I apologize but your bio is not complete, as of now denied

Character Sheet
Name: Drake Volt #738

Pokemon Bio
Better you have been accepted

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Character Bio
Name: Ryan Thorne #254
Personality: He is a bit of a hot head, he cares for his pokemon and believes that no matter how a pokemon is hard work can make it as good as you want it to be
Experience: He has only a bit of experience as a trainer as his father had taught him about it a young age
Appearance: He has black the same style as Paul's from the pokemon anime and he has brown eyes, his clothes are the same ones that are on the left of my profile picture

Pokémon Bio
Species: Treecko
Ability: Overgrow
Obtained: His father gave him this pokemon as a parting gift after he left to pursue his dreams, treecko was his first pokemon

todoroki

Previously gamora
ooh, this looks fun! may i ask where the rp starts?
-----------
Character Sheet

Name: Clark Oberson#468
Personality: He's quiet and well-mannered, but can be blunt at times. Clark is very amiable, but introverted to the point that he won't really go up and try to become friends with people he doesn't know well. He shows a deep interest in battling and Pokémon Contests, and has an affinity for more cute Pokémon. He's often lost in thought, his head in the clouds, to the point that he can be somewhat ignorant.
Experience: His experience is minimal, due to living in Floaroma Town, which has fairly tame Pokémon in the area. He's eager for the journey, and knows a fair bit about the nearby gyms and cities due to traveling with his family every year or so.
Appearance: He's fairly short at 5'4". His skin is a dark brown, and his hair is shaved on the side, with it going into a dreaded ponytail fading into blonde at the back. He dresses in baggy, colorful clothes, but fairly simple ones at that. He wears a blue bomber jacket for the chilliness of southern Sinnoh, and carries a beige satchel with jars of honey from Floaroma.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Togetic
Nickname: Freesia
Ability: Serene Grace
Obtained: He obtained the egg from his father a few years back and Freesia hatched a few weeks later. She evolved into Togetic in a battle against a Vespiquen and some Combee who had gone after Clark after he took some honey.
Extra: She has a red heart sticker on her cheek.

Species: Cherubi
Nickname: Serrulata/Serrie
Ability: Chlorophyll
Obtained: A couple years ago, Serrie started following Clark around after being attracted to some of his honey, and since then, it got to the point that she would come find Clark daily and try to get honey. After a while Clark just asked Serrie if she wanted to stay there, and she appeared cheerful at the thought.
Extra: She has a red heart sticker on the forehead of her left cherry.

Cyber_Poipole

Previously Cyberspace_warrik
Name: Rye Shiro #237
Personality: Rye is nice and easy going, a laid-back trainer, but when he has to be, he will be serious. He is also calm, even under most pressure, and very tactical.
Experience: Rye is taught to battle by his father, whom he began his journey to find. On a scale of 1 to 10, he would be 6.
Apperance: He stands at "5'8 and 1/2" and wears a baby blue jacket, jeans, grayish blue hair, and brown eyes. his is also caucasian

POKEMON:
Speices: Shinx
Nickname: none
Ability: intimadate
Obtained: Given as an egg by his father, shinx hatch at the same time rye said his first word. It was a match made in Poke-heaven. growing up, shinx wasnt trained, and now, he being 16, decided not to go to the profesers and take shinx to help him in his journy to find his father, and become the sinnoh champion.

ooh, this looks fun! may i ask where the rp starts?
-----------
Character Sheet

Name: Clark Oberson#468
Personality: He's quiet and well-mannered, but can be blunt at times. Clark is very amiable, but introverted to the point that he won't really go up and try to become friends with people he doesn't know well. He shows a deep interest in battling and Pokémon Contests, and has an affinity for more cute Pokémon. He's often lost in thought, his head in the clouds, to the point that he can be somewhat ignorant.
Experience: His experience is minimal, due to living in Floaroma Town, which has fairly tame Pokémon in the area. He's eager for the journey, and knows a fair bit about the nearby gyms and cities due to traveling with his family every year or so.
Appearance: He's fairly short at 5'4". His skin is a dark brown, and his hair is shaved on the side, with it going into a dreaded ponytail fading into blonde at the back. He dresses in baggy, colorful clothes, but fairly simple ones at that. He wears a blue bomber jacket for the chilliness of southern Sinnoh, and carries a beige satchel with jars of honey from Floaroma.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Togetic
Nickname: Freesia
Ability: Serene Grace
Obtained: He obtained the egg from his father a few years back and Freesia hatched a few weeks later. She evolved into Togetic in a battle against a Vespiquen and some Combee who had gone after Clark after he took some honey.
Extra: She has a red heart sticker on her cheek.

Species: Cherubi
Nickname: Serrulata/Serrie
Ability: Chlorophyll
Obtained: A couple years ago, Serrie started following Clark around after being attracted to some of his honey, and since then, it got to the point that she would come find Clark daily and try to get honey. After a while Clark just asked Serrie if she wanted to stay there, and she appeared cheerful at the thought.
Extra: She has a red heart sticker on the forehead of her left cherry.

Accepted it starts on Route 201, west of Sandgem Town.

Character Sheet

Name: Casey Lindquist #429

Personality: Kind, polite, and gentlemanly on the outside. He avoids battle and prefers to settle things peacefully. He acts twice his age, and is overall kind of a dad character. Caring little about himself, he'd rather help those around him.

Experience: His real name is Quince Corbat, who was a world-famous battler feared as "King Crobat." He was a former champion of Hoenn and held titles in Battle Maison Singles, Doubles, and Triples, having defeated Hoenn's Battle Chatelaines. Corbat fought in Alola's Battle Tree and even competed in Unova's Pokémon World Tournament, until he suffered a devastating loss, a career-ending defeat that left his pride in shambles and reduced him to the meek and peaceable individual he is today. No longer as cocky and competitive as he once was, he released his winning Pokémon and left for Sinnoh, all but disappearing from the public eye and assuming the identity of "Casey Lindquist." He is now an absolutely terrible battler, a complete trainwreck who likely has never touched a Pokéball in his life, and only has a Wingull that he met on his trip. After his fall from grace, it's like he's aged horribly and thinks he's way past his prime, even though he's only 20. Anytime someone points out a resemblance between him and King Crobat, which still happens occasionally, he just brushes it off. Casey doesn't exactly know what to do with his life now... Maybe he's just taking an extended vacation in Sinnoh or has retired from battling altogether. Or maybe, deep down, he longs for a fresh start and a chance to regain his former glory by defeating Cynthia.

Appearance: He dresses in a white blazer with a purple silk cravat and a white dress shirt underneath. White dress shoes, dress pants, and a fedora complement this look, which is way too fancy to be out for a casual stroll. His platinum blonde hair is almost white, and it seems that the only traces of darkness in his appearance are his gray-blue eyes.

Pokémon Bio

Species: Wingull
Nickname: Wink
Ability: Hydration
Obtained: Casey met the Seagull Pokémon when it flew over his boat ride to Sinnoh.

Last edited:
Character Sheet

Name: Casey Lindquist #429

Personality: Kind, polite, and gentlemanly on the outside. He avoids battle and prefers to settle things peacefully. He acts twice his age, and is overall kind of a dad character. Caring little about himself, he'd rather help those around him.

Experience: His real name is Quince Corbat, who was a world-famous battler feared as "King Crobat." He was a former champion of Hoenn and held titles in Battle Maison Singles, Doubles, and Triples, having defeated Hoenn's Battle Chatelaines. Corbat fought in Alola's Battle Tree and even competed in Unova's Pokémon World Tournament, until he suffered a devastating loss, a career-ending defeat that left his pride in shambles and reduced him to the meek and peaceable individual he is today. No longer as cocky and competitive as he once was, he released his winning Pokémon and left for Sinnoh, all but disappearing from the public eye and assuming the identity of "Casey Lindquist." He is now an absolutely terrible battler, a complete trainwreck who likely has never touched a Pokéball in his life, and only has a Wingull that he met on his trip. After his fall from grace, it's like he's aged horribly and thinks he's way past his prime, even though he's only 20. Anytime someone points out a resemblance between him and King Crobat, which still happens occasionally, he just brushes it off. Casey doesn't exactly know what to do with his life now... Maybe he's just taking an extended vacation in Sinnoh or has retired from battling altogether. Or maybe, deep down, he longs for a fresh start and a chance to regain his former glory by defeating Cynthia.

Appearance: He dresses in a white blazer with a purple silk cravat and a white dress shirt underneath. White dress shoes, dress pants, and a fedora complement this look, which is way too fancy to be out for a casual stroll. His platinum blonde hair is almost white, and it seems that the only traces of darkness in his appearance are his gray-blue eyes.

Pokémon Bio

Species: Wingull
Nickname: Wink
Ability: Hydration
Obtained: Casey met the Seagull Pokémon when it flew over his boat ride to Sinnoh.
Accepted

Name: Rye Shiro #237
Personality: Rye is nice and easy going, a laid-back trainer, but when he has to be, he will be serious. He is also calm, even under most pressure, and very tactical.
Experience: Rye is taught to battle by his father, whom he began his journey to find. On a scale of 1 to 10, he would be 6.
Apperance: He stands at "5'8 and 1/2" and wears a baby blue jacket, jeans, grayish blue hair, and brown eyes. his is also caucasian

POKEMON:
Speices: Shinx
Nickname: none
Ability: intimadate
Obtained: Given as an egg by his father, shinx hatch at the same time rye said his first word. It was a match made in Poke-heaven. growing up, shinx wasnt trained, and now, he being 16, decided not to go to the profesers and take shinx to help him in his journy to find his father, and become the sinnoh champion.
I apologize but as of now I feel that you lack proper Roleplay experience so you are denied.

Trainer Bio
Name: Pedro #691 (does it has to be a two-word name ?)
Personality: Pedro likes to spend his time alone, he's not that outgoing and confident, that lead to him having only one or two friends, he'd love to make new ones but always feel scared like if they were going to dump him, he's kind, always try to help others in need (well if they REALLY need help), he's energetic, and he's up for challenges sometimes, overall if you get to know him, he's a good friend
Experience: Pedro knows the basics of taking care of Pokemon and battling, but he lacks social skills, he often trains Hito alone, and not hanging out with other trainers that much, he's like a rookie trainer. Started off as a kid with a Pokemon to a mediocre trainer
Appearance: Pedro has yellow tinted skin, green eyes and messy ginger hair, he wears a white shirt covered by a green striped hoodie, he has a cap that he wears when traveling, it's yellow and has an ultra ball logo on it, he wears a pair of jeans and some black sneakers. He has a small dark blue bag filled with his needs too.
Pokemon Bio
Species: Litwick
Nickname: Hito (referencing to the Hitodama)
Ability: Flame Body
Obtained: Pedro found Hito when he was cleaning the attic, he found him in an old box of aroma candles
Extra: Hito has poor accuracy due to his left eye being wounded, who knows what happened to him but his eye was already like that when Pedro found him

And there you go, I'll be in the Waiting Room

Last edited:
@E.K.A.N.S.

reading your post you just put up on the RP, it feels like you are controlling/influencing my post about my character capturing the Starly.

"The Starly would have likely hollowed him out literally had a boy not captured one of them. The Starly would have likely hollowed him out literally had a boy not captured one of them. The birds, having eaten their fill, scattered after one of their own was sucked into a Pokéball."

This quote from your post implies that my starly was somehow involved in your RP when it clearly wasn't. No where in my post did I mention a flock of starly. I was my character have a one-on-one battle.

"Ah, a flock of Starly! And judging from their eating habits, they all seem to be Hasty-natured! What are the odds?"

then from this line, your forcing a nature upon my starly that I gave no indication to in my post.

From now on, I would appreciate for you to refrain from force my characters into tropes and situations that I did not approve of.

Thank you.

@Pyramid Prince

I see what you're concerned about, but that's not at all what I was doing. I wasn't forcing a Hasty nature on your Starly. My character was actually just calling them "hasty" because they ate so quickly with no actual knowledge of what their nature was. I phrased it weirdly, so I understand the confusion.

As for your second concern, my character and your character's situations are not mutually exclusive. Mine was being attacked by a flock, while you were battling a single Starly, separately. When the others saw one of its own being captured from where they were (farther off), they scattered. Then I approached you. That was how I pictured it.

In other words, the flock is my own situation.

This is a misunderstanding. I neither controlled nor forced your character into any situation.

Last edited:
Character Sheet

Name: Kai Reiss #139

Personality: This young boy is one that could be described as an extroverted, slice of life trainer. Kai is, for the most part, a sensible and positive person. He is simplisticly fashionable, empathetic, and tends to say that he always look at the bigger picture - and by "bigger picture" he means the aesthetic side. Standing out & stepping into the center of attention is usually his idea of living your best life. He loves to make bonds with both Pokemon and people... honestly anything that can entertain him and vice versa.

Experience: Kai has extremely little experience in the area of handling Pokemon. When his father was back in his prime, he was a Pokemon Coordinator, so naturally he was excited to share with his son the ways of Pokemon and his passion. This caused Kai to quickly grow adept to learning about Contests, performing, and the visual side of the creatures. However it has only been a couple months since he has been able to put to use his book knowledge as a Trainer himself.

Appearance: Kai stands at 5'6 ft and has light olive skin. His doe-like eyes are a light brown, and his hair is a sandy blonde and kept in a short, undercut style swept to the side. Being born in Snowpoint City, his accustomed clothing was usually large jackets and scarves - but now that he had taken it on to branch out and travel throughout Sinnoh, he prefers to wear a lighter weight beige hoodie with the number "00" printed on the back. Kai also wears tighter bleached jeans teared at the knee, and tan slip-on sneakers.

Pokemon Bio

Species:
Piplup
Ability: Torrent
Obtained: Thru. Professor Rowan whenever Kai became a recent Trainer.

Species: Kirlia
Ability: Synchronize
Obtained: Kai managed to find a lone Ralts soon after obtaining Piplup. They battled and he rightfully caught the psychic-fairy type, and began to bond with it just as much as Piplup until it eventually evolved into Kirlia.

Character Bio
Name: Zack Azura
Ethnicity: White
Personality: Zack is a very excitable and fun trainer. He is calm in situations and isn't a sore loser when they lose. He always tries his best when in a gym battle or any kind of battle. He always encourages his Pokemon when they lose or before they battle. Zack always wears a Black shirt with a Pokeball, A Red Unziped Sweater, Jeans, Black Shoes, and A Cap. He has Brown Hair, Blue Eyes, Sideburns, and Freckles.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Pikachu (Male)
Nickname: Sparky
Ability: Lightning Rod
Obtained: When Zap was 11 and still lived in Kanto, his father bought him a gift, which was a Pikachu, to leave for his new life as a Team Rocket Assistant (If Giovanni Died, He would be boss). Pikachu was highly rude and never really respected Zack and just Thundershocked him alot, but when Pikachu went missing and was being attacked by Team Rocket and Zack risking his life for him, Pikachu finally respected him and helped him from Team Rocket.
Extra: He wears a bandana.

Character Sheet
Name: Elijah Whitt

Personality: A very out-of-the-box thinker in and outside of battle. He's protective of his friends and is always looking forward to the next challenge that will come his way. He's restless when it comes to battling and always aims for victory. There's nothing closer to him than his Pokemon who he trains and takes care of everyday.

Experience: Elijah started his journey back in Kanto making his way to the Indigo League which he placed Top 16. After taking a short rest, him and Scyther, his starter, continued their way to the Johto Region competing in the League the same as before. After placing Top 8, he decided it was time to venture to Hoenn where he met up with his good friend, Ray, to take on the League there. Sadly losing in the Semi-Finals, he takes what he's learned to fly to Sinnoh and hopefully earn his victory in the League that he's been working hard to get. And of course, have fun along the way.

Appearance: Short, brown hair with white skin. He wears his typical pink hoodie, white jeans, and white sneakers. Topped of with his signature black belt, black cap, black backpack, he's one snazzy trainer.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Scyther
Nickname: None
Ability: Swarm

Obtained: Upon starting his journey in Kanto, Elijah, similar to Ask, was late receiving his starter Pokemon. Seeing as trainers before them took the typical 3, Professor Oak gave him some Pokeballs and told him to try and find a Pokemon in the wild. With a sense of determination, he traveled through Viridian Forest in search of a partner to call his own. Elijah noticed a section of the forest was lit aflame by and evil organization which he would later learn was Team Rocket. As he rushed into the flames to help the frightened Pokemon, he noticed something was caught under some fallen timber. After freeing the Pokemon he learned it was a Scyther under their the whole time. Scyther, after seeing Elijah had risked his life to save him, decided to travel with him and became his first ever Pokemon. These two are the best of friends and Scyther has never left Elijah's side since. No doubt his strongest Pokemon.

Extra: Stays as a Scyther and doesn't want to evolve. Also, doesn't like it's Pokeball much either and is always outside of it.

Last edited:
All good.

I'll wait for @PyroGaleZX to come back, reply some more on the RP and maybe accept some people who are waiting before I post again. If Will and @gamora 's guy Clark are still in Lake Verity and will be passing through Sandgem soon, Casey will stay right there looking confused in the middle of town for now, so you can help him out when you see him. I think that's a good way for our characters to meet.

Last edited:
Character Sheet
Name: Kiara "Kiki" Pierce #700

Personality: Kiki is a strong-willed girl and determined young girl. She's very sweet and optimistic about most things, her father often telling her she has 'stardust in her eyes', which she loves because she thinks it sounds cute. She loves cute things, especially when they're fashion related. Kiki is also very friendly, loving to make connections wherever she travels! However, Kiki is rather stubborn and proud, which is often puts her disadvantage when it comes to surrendering or even avoiding a fight. She's trying to learn to mind her own business, as she's gotten beaten up one too many times, but so far it isn't successful. She's very nosy. Kiki is also very pushy when she believes she's in the right, not respecting others preferences if she believes she created a better way.

Experience: Kiki was surrounded by Pokemon from a young age, her father being a Breeder and Coordinator. She was always near them; chasing them around her fathers' office, helping them put on cute outfits for shows, reading about the many moves she could teach them. Little 8-year-old Kiki could practically see her ribbons and medals. She doesn't have much experience, however, she's working hard to be like her idol, Fantina Konstantinova!

Appearance: Kiki is a small girl, being very petite and barely reaching 5'0, though she'll often claim that the additional few centimeters can be rounded into an extra inch. In terms of looks, she can be considered average; she has a round face, small nose, big dark brown eyes, with a glorious amount of freckles covering her brown skin. Her black hair is cropped to just above her shoulders, messily as if cut with a jagged blade, with her bangs hanging down to her chest. She wears a black shirt, a red overall skirt, black leggings and red flats.

Pokemon Bio
Species: Fennekin
Nickname: Jiji
Ability: Blaze
Obtained: When Kiki turned 14, her parent's allowed gave her Jiji, since she was ready to start her journey.
Extra: He wears fake gold cuffs around his legs and a matching necklace.

Name: Luke Orpheus #475
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blond
Height: 6’2
Hometown: Snowpoint city
Region: Sinnoh

Special Items: (N/A)
Trainer Type: (N/A)

Appearance
Standing at 6’2 he is not very bulky, but slender instead. He is not really pale or tan. His eyes are almost always in a cold glare. His hair is spiked up and he wears a dark blue jacket with a long collar and matches with black pants with a long blue stripe down the side. He wears running shoes for travel and dress casual shoes for battle.
Personality
He believes the strength in pokemon is the only thing that matters, and all other beliefs are ridiculous. He uses a wide variety of vocabulary mainly to show of his arrogance. He dislikes the weak mainly referring to them as “commoners” or “peasants.”
History
Being raised under wealthy trainers he grew up battling pokemon. His parents taught him many things about Pokémon though he never received one until his parents felt his training was completed. Because of this seeing weak and unwealthy trainers makes him feel above them. He wishes to become the champion of Sinnoh and champion of other regions as well. Enjoys watching his Pokémon defeat other Pokémon with ease. Secretly likes to pet fluffy pokemon.

Pokemon bio
Species: Shinx
Nickname: Lux
Ability: Intimidate
Obtained: Received as a gift on completion of his pokemon training from his parents.
Extra: Knows ice fang and desires Luke’s affection.