• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Sinnoh GTS (RP)

Dolan looked over at Victoria, "Jubilife City! Big beautiful City of Sinnoh. Lights! Camera! Action! It's gonna be a pretty great adventure. Take pictures, Visit major cities of Sinnoh, visit tourist attractions, maybe eat out at some of the nice resteraunts and see what secrets might lie in wait. Possibly put some of it in my book. What about you? I bet your going on a cool adventure too" Dolan said. "Ditto ditto(Translate: Lights! Adventure!)" Aloi cheered.

Dolan smiled at Aloi before turning his head to see a boy in a strange outfit. His coat kinda resembled a lab coat, but was it? "Hmmm... A shinx..." Dolan thought to himself. The boy's pokémon are so energetic it caused him to drop his tablet looking device. "Oh dear. You okay...?"

"T-thanks..." Zeke said with a sheepish rub of the back of his head as he quickly followed Tony towards the Professor's lab as Lightning kept close to her partner. Naturally she was as annoyed at Zeke's lack of attention to detail as anyone, which her expression did little to mask though Zeke shot her a scowl of his own. "Do not start with me, I am already a bit embarrassed as is..."

"Lux..." (Course I wouldn't dream of it...)

Last edited:
Reginald fist pumped behind Rowan's back, super pumped about taking part in Sinnoh's history and seeing some celebrities he grew up idolizing. "Thank you!" He took his Pokedex and Registration Card with a gleeful tone, pocketing them and putting aside his curiosity about the tech to better put his mind on more productive things (since he'll be there for an hour looking at his Pokedex's entries). Though, the Pokedex rang several times as there were Pokemon nearby it catalogued.

It was then that he heard someone walk in behind him and he looked over to see a skinny man in all black and a funny visor. He reminded Reggie of a supervillain in a TV show. Wondering if he was an actor or a cosplayer, he was about to ask him a question when he saw the weird device being handed to the professor. What even was it? That was when a Shinx popped out and tackled her trainer's head, the blue feline pouncing on his chest and making a quick lunge for his head. However, the man wasn't expecting it and he fell over, losing the tool on the floor a bit of a ways away. Reggie walked over to the tool and grabbed it, looking it over quickly before offering his hand (or forearm) for the fallen individual to use as a way to get up.

"Here. And I highly doubt something that fluffy is bound to cause broken skulls. Might usually take a lot more pressure than that." He tried saying to calm the two of them down. Where he came upon this information is a secret. Even people who spend exorbitant amount of time on the internet learn weird things that strike their fancy. The force to crush a human skull was one such odd weird thing Reggie had asked himself and looked up before. Why, he didn't know, but he thought it would be best to know, so he can best avoid the wildlife. Well, if they were ever that bloodthirsty to begin with. He also had no idea what language that was or what he even said, but it was probably curse words due to context.

Regardless of whether the man used Reggie's arm or ignored it and got up, Reggie handed him the PokeTool, unsure of what to even make of the strange device. "Oh, and here. It's hardly damaged, if at all. What is it, if you don't mind my asking?" Reggie was trying this best to be friendly, but the off-putting vibe coming from the man caused Elvira the Munna to hide behind Reggie's shoulder and Emeric the Shiny Haunter to float beside Reggie's shoulder, eyeing the man with confusion and wariness.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolphian grunted and sighed softly, softly taking the hand offered to him and getting brushing himself off as he got onto his feet. He then gently took his Multitool Analyzer and bowed in thanks. "Much appreciated, mein freund. I'm fine, don't worry. Of course, I'm aware of that, however it was just a play on words, really." He spoke quietly, seemingly embarrassed. He always tried his best to act cool and intelligent, however his Shinx often did things without thinking and was too energetic for her own good, which usually lead to accidents like this happening.

Blitzkriegler nuzzled her trainer and purred quietly, replying quickly before Adolphian could reply to the question of what his device was. "Shi! Shinx Shin! (Ohh! Who are you, are you a trainer like master? If you are, we could totally go on a journey together!)" She spoke. Adolphian sighed and shook his head softly, enough so that she didn't fall off.

"Blitz, please... Now's not the time to think about that. We haven't even updated our Pokemon database yet." He sighed, before looking back at Reginald. "As for what the device is... It's essentially a digital multitool, and has everything from a camera, to environmental analysis, to all the functionality of a high-end portable computer. It's actually a device our researchers at NanoCorp came up with, and it's almost ready to be released to the public, instead of being only available for NanoCorp's finest!" He continued, seemingly a bit calmer now that he feels a bit more comfortable with Reginald.

Admin edit: Do not spam colour tags. That's actually against our rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reggie pulled him up quite easily, thankful that the guy was a lot nicer than he had thought. Even Emeric and Elvira seemed to feel a lot better about the vibe he was giving off. Elvira looked between the Shinx and Reggie, using her telepathy to translate. Reggie let out a very wide and friendly smile at how the Shinx already liked him. Well, not to toot his own horn, but he's a very friendly person in general.

"Play on words? Must be a language I don't know." He gave the man a cheeky smile. "And you're welcome."

As Adolphian talked about the tool and NanoCorp, Reggie's eyebrows raised incredibly. He never heard of the company, but it must be worth investing in at some point. "That's really cool. Oh, I'm Reginald, but you can call me Reggie. This cutie-patootie pinkie pie here is Elvira, and this amazing ghost bud is Emeric." He curled his arms around his two Pokemon, pulling them both into his chest for a hug as they nuzzled into him before he let them go, allowing Elvira to rest on his shoulder and Emeric to talk with the Shinx with his own garbled specter talk.

"(Yes, Reggie is a trainer. A trainer mainly specializing in the Ghost-Type. We are here for sightseeing and maybe get a few badges along the way. Or ribbons from the contest. Who knows. Our humans will have to agree for that though.)"

Reggie moved to the side to allow Adolphian to give the tool to the professor.

After what seemed like a while of walking, Tony saw the Professor's lab in sight and looked back at Zeke. "Not too far, I can just see the old man's humble abode." He said somewhat bluntly. "And unless you already have a map, I think you should see about getting your hands on one. Journeying is good, but it's a lot better to know where you're going." His eyes shifted down to the Shinx before he stopped when he was close to the front door. "I may as well wait out here, not feeling like hearing what the old man has to say..."

As Zeke and his partner arrived, he soon saw what seemed to be the research building as his eyes seemed to widen; an innocent and almost infectious gleam shinned in them. This was it! In mere moments he'd get his Pokedex and begin his journey proper, and as Tony explained he'd hang outside Zeke nodded in acknowledgement as he seemed to struggle to contain his energy. "R-right! I'll be back soon, alright Lightning let's go see Rowan!"

"L-Luxio!?" (Wait hold on a second!?)

Before Lightning even finished her comment Zeke dashed ahead as he kicked up dirt with the speed he moved at as he raced to the lab with as much speed as his legs had with the electric type frantic in her efforts to catch up. As they approached the doors there seemed to be some people just in front which Zeke and Lightning seemed to catch up on but Zeke's efforts to slow himself down were complicated by the speed at which he moved; he kicked his heels to the ground and lightning even bit on his sock to try and drag him to a stop and thankfully he just managed to avoid slamming into an unsuspecting onlooker. "Uh, s-sorry just uh didn't expect people by the door."

"Luxio..." (You are pushing your luck...)

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolphian nodded and his visor slowly changed colour, now becoming a yellowish orange. He seemed to take a liking to Reggie and felt as if he was able to drop his darkness and be himself without worry. Blitz especially seemed happy that her trainer was so calm and relaxed, which wasn't very often.

"Well, English isn't my native language, for German is. I'm a bit of a blatt sometimes." He chuckled, enjoying his little joke subtly referencing his Leafeon, Evilane. He smiled as Reggie introduced himself, and held out a hand for a handshake. "Ahh, it's quite nice to meet you, Reginald. Ich bin Adolphian Richter. However, you may call me whatever you prefer, I don't mind." He smiled, as he send out his two other Pokémon, which seemed rather confused as to why Adolphian was in such a good mood. "Hello Elvira and Emeric, I hope you two are doing well!" He continued, speaking in Pokemon speak.

Evilane circled Reggie and gave a few quiet noises of contempt, her cybernetic eye flashing as she scanned him up and down. She didn't speak, for she preferred to speak human(thanks to her neural cybernetics) and didn't want to draw attention to herself. Meanwhile, Blitz smiled and hopped off the head of her trainer, approaching the ghost with curiosity. "Shi! Shi shinx inx! (Of course, the whole point of Adolphian being here is for a vacation! He's wanting to experience a trainer's journey that he was never able to, since his past is... Less than glamourous.)" She spoke happily. Meanwhile, Adolph did as one would have expected him to do, and walked over to the professor, offering his device. "Gutt day, sir. Could you update my Pokemon database with Sinnoh's data? I only have the data for my home region, and badly need an update."

"Wow! You seem to have your entire journey booked down," Victoria commented after hearing about Dolan plans, "Well, as I said, I do plan on collecting eight badges to acquire eligibility for competing in the Sinnoh League. And along the way, experience the wonders the Sinnoh region has to off. As well as catching some new Pokémon."

After explaining her plans for Sinnoh, more people started to show up at the lab. First one was a male, who appeared to be wearing a lab coat of sort while having an 'emo' style going. He walked past them and entered the lab. Then two more showed, but one stayed a bit behind while the younger male began to run towards the building with excitement before coming to a stop after realizing Victoria and Dolan were kinda in his path.

Victoria smiled at the young man after her apologized for nearly bumping into them. "It quite alright," she respond, "Nothing happened, so no harm done. Plus, we really shouldn't have been loitering in front of the door to begin with. I presume you're here to see the professor?"

Piplup looked down at the young man's legs and noticed the Shinx that looked a bit annoyed at her trainer.

"Eight gym badges. Sounds like your plans are pretty booked as well" Dolan said. Dolan looked back over at the boy in the lab coat. Reggie helped him out. Reggie seemed like a cool dude. Dolan wasn't sure what to say to the boy so he simply smiled. A few moments later a blonde haired blue eyed boy walked in, "Oops, my bad" Dolan said scooting over to give the boy plenty room. As all this was going on, Aloi continued to sit on Dolan's shoulder watching and observing the others interact.

Jake listened as the others conversed, and Turtwig stood up from his position and made his way over to him and Sonny, and looked up at the two with a small smile, and carefully stood up on his back two legs, and rested the front two on Jake's leg.

"So...? Wanna come with us?" Jake asked and held up an empty pokeball.

"Turt." the pokemon nodded.

The human smiled as he lowered the ball to Turtwig's head and touched him with it.

The turtle pokemon was promptly sucked inside the pokeball, which then shut.

Once. Twice. Three times. Click.

Jake grinned as he raised the ball and looked at it, before he opened it and let the grass type out.

"Alright then, welcome to the team...oh, I-I have to think of a name for you...." he said in thought.

"...well...i'm sure one will come to me." he smiled.

Sonny just straightened up and looked at Jake, as he motioned to the door.

"Oh, right...Professor? I'm gonna take my leave if you don't mind. Thank you for everything, I promise i'll write everything I've learned down to show Professor Magnolia." he smiled, as he approached the lab door.

"I'll send you updates as to where I am every so often, if you ever need help, you have my Rotom Phone number."

He added as Sonny nimbly jumped up and gently sat on his shoulders, piggyback style, as Turtwig happily trotted after him, and stuck close to him.

Zeke took a moment to catch his breath before he smiled as thankfully the other presumed trainers seemed to take no issue with his near literal run in as he was asked if he wanted to see the Professor and seemed to be almost giddy on that. "Oh yes, today is the day I become a Pokemon Trainer, needless to say I've been waiting for this for what feels like an eternity!" Zeke said as the passion seemed to almost bleed out of each spoken word.

"O-oh uh right, intro. My name is Ezekiel, you can call me Zeke. And this is my partner Lightning." Zeke said as he passed introductions to the trainers that had been by the door. His Luxio of course needed a moment to breath and spit out the taste of sock from that sudden stop as she passed a scowl by her partner before she scanned the curious figures ahead of her.

"Luxio." (A pleasure and apologies my partner can be a fool sometimes.)

However the sound inside the lab of what appeared to be one of her evolution line had gotten her curious as her ears perked though Zeke himself wanted to focus knowing he had company waiting. "So uh the Professor is still willing to see people, right?"

Last edited:
~Dolan Larch...~

"Huh... Another pokémon trainer? That's cool!" Dolan said.

"haha! Don't forget to breathe every so often... Nice to meet you Zeke. I'm Dolan. Dolan Larch, and this is my best bud Aloi" Dolan said. "Ditto!(Translation: best bud!) Aloi cheered leaping off Dolan's shoulder before turning into a black and yellow shinx. "Dittooo!(Translation: Nice to meet you!) Aloi cheered.

"Oh... The professor is just right over there" Dolan said pointing at the white haired old man whom was speaking with Jake.

~Professor Rowan...~

"Yes. A journey would be most beneficial in your research now. I'll be sure to send the good Professor Magnolia your regards. Though if you manage to have spare time on your hands, I'm sure she will be delighted to hear from you as well. Take care now" Rowan said

Rowan turned and looked at the boy who had just walked in, "Yes, how may I help you, young man" Rowan said.

"Oh I am fine believe me, nice to meet you~!" Zeke smiled back as he seemed to have managed to control his tempo better, even if it still had that high energy as he had given a friendly welcome to Dolan. During this, Lightning seemed to become acquainted with the Ditto Aoi who seemed much more cheerful than the more reserved Luxio.

"Luxio." (A pleasure indeed.)

Lightning gave a friendly enough answer, though before a convo could get going Zeke heard the voice of Professor Rowan and unsure if he referred to himself or someone who entered before him but regardless he moved his way inside and Lightning sighed as she followed suit.

"Hello Professor. My name is Zeke, this is my partner Lightning and well...I came here to become a Pokemon Trainer. So if you could, I would like a Pokedex and Poekballs to call my own." Zeke said as he announced his intentions.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Soon enough, Adolphian managed to regain his bearings and sat waiting for the unknown trainer(well, unknown to him) to finish with Rowan so he himself could get his software updated, as currently, it only had data on the Pokémon from his home region of Stahlblatt, which were somewhat different from the Pokémon everyone else was used to. He was lucky to get three Pokémon that weren't Stahlian forms as part of his team, and was ready for his adventure, apart from the software updates he needed on his Digital Pokétool. He waited with his own Shinx, who sat on his head and played a little game where she would put a paw on one of his eyes, and her trainer would attempt to gently tap the paw covering his eye. Of course, her reactions were faster than his, being a rather energetic Pokémon, so he usually ended up tapping himself in the eye rather than the paw of his little sweetheart. However, he soon decided to take a look at the other trainers around him, and decided to be social and introduce himself to the fellow Shinx owner. He approached them and gave a neutral expression, bowing for politeness while also making sure Blitz didn't fall off his head. "Good day, I see you too have a Shinx. Definitely one of my favorite electric types, just before Emolga. This little bundle of love is Blitzkriegler, and I am Adolphian," he spoke, gesturing at the little blue and yellow creature now playing with his hair, "oh, and you are?" He continued, giving a neutral smile.

~Professor Rowan...~

"I see... Interesting" Rowan said before turning around. "Now where did I put those extra pokédex at, again... Hmmm... Ah. Here they are" Rowan said turning to his left. He stuck his hand inside of a cardboard box, and pulled out a pokédex. He reached into a bag on the table and grabbed some pokéballs. "Here's your pokédex, and here is your pokéballs. I'm guessing you would like to sign up for the league as well? If you have yet to do so, then I can go ahead and do that while your here, as well" Rowan said sitting down by his computer. Professor Rowan looked over at the boy in the lab coat, "I'll be with you in just a minute" Rowan said.

~Dolan Larch...~

Ditto shinx turned and looked at the shinx owned by the boy in the lab coat. The yellow flash pokémon jumped excitedly, "Ditto ditto!(Translation: Hello! Hello! Nice to meet you too)" Aloi cheered.

"Hello, nice to meet you" Dolan said waving to Adolphian.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ezekiel. I'm Victoria Melis," Victoria said to the young man, still smiling at him, "And this is Piplup."

"Piplup~! (Hello!)" Piplup chirped out.

The Kalosian trainer looked behind her when Professor Rowan called and watched Zeke go to him with a smile once more. "Ah, to be young and embark on a journey for the very first time," Victoria commented after Zeke walked away from the her and Dolan. She then turned back to the photographer. "Well, I believe I've delayed my departure for quite enough now," she said to him, "That first gym badge won't come to me on its own, so I best be getting a move on and take my leave. Maybe we'll run into each other again?"

While Zeke may have had his focus on Professor Rowan, as the Professor passed him his Pokedex and a set of Pokeballs which caused his eyes to gleam before he worked them onto his belt. That had been what he came here to do, though when he was informed Rowan could help him with his registration in the Sinnoh League seemed to jump at the chance. "Y-yes! I very much want to be part of the Sinnoh League thank you Professor~!" Zeke said in gratitude.

During this, Lightning had taken notice of the Shinx as she had a natural curiosity and moved to sniff her pre-evolution counterpart as Zeke's attention shifted to the guy in the lab coat who gave a friendly greeting as he smiled his way.

"Oh nice! Me and Lightning have been partners forever, she's my soul mate really. And I can respect another Shinx Trainer. My name is Ezekiel but you can call me Zeke, and together me and Lightning aim to take the Sinnoh League by storm!" Zeke declared with his usual high energy as he smiled Adolphian's way. "Nice to meet you."

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As Dolan turned towards him, he bowed once more and flashed a gentle smile. Blitz smiled and nuzzled Lightning softly, as a way to say, 'hello, I'd like to be friends with you.' While the two electric types interacted with eachother, Adolphian chuckled and his eyes sparkled, his 'emo' visage completely dropping as he felt truly comfortable, for once.

"Aww, that's actually really sweet, it's nice to see you have such a loyal companion. My own Blitz, I've had her since I was around... I'd say maybe 14, I raised her from an egg that a traveler gave me as a gift for giving them a tour of my home region. It's a pleasure to meet you, Zeke! I'd hope that we could perhaps travel together, as it's always better to go on a journey with someone you can trust." He replied. He decided to let out his other two Pokémon, Flare(a Vulpix) and Verdant, his original partner. They looked around the lab in curiosity, but stayed close to Adolphian due to being in an unfamiliar environment. "And these are my two other Pokémon, Flare and Verdant. They are both great Pokémon, and have saved me from quite a few tough scrapes." He smiled, hugging the two to his side, before letting them go. Verdant's cybernetic core on her chest started to glow a gentle shade of purple, and she sighed happily. "It's so nice to be in Sinnoh, the home region of my kind. Ohh, is that another Shinx? I heard a lot about them, but have never seen another trainer having one!" She spoke, her slightly robotic tone hinting at the source of her ability to speak Human languages.

Admin Edit: Colour tags stripped. Do not use those. That's against our global rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yep even if Lightning at times can be a bit...judgmental, of my style, in the end I wouldn't trade her for all the riches in the world. I can see you seem to share the same attitude with your Pokemon." Zeke said with a smile, and as if to further prove his care he released what has been his current team to this point; a Vulpix and a particular Leafeon which Zeke seemed to be amazed by. "Wow, a trio huh? Well after I finish up here I am gonna go with a guy I met outside to go looking for some teammates of my own. If you want you can come along, I am open to traveling with others~" Zeke said with a warm grin, then his eyes seemed to turn to the Leafeon began to....talk?

Needless to say Zeke was a bit stunned. "Y-you uh...you have a talking Leafeon?" Zeke asked, as he seemed to discover the most incredible thing he had ever seen.

Lightning of course, while she could understand the sentiment behind the action, was not the most social of Pokemon so even another of her kind rubbing up on her in a show of affection had been enough to get a light blush across her cheeks as she seemed unsure of how else to react to this situation.

~Professor Rowan...~

Professor Rowan eventually finished registering Zeke so that he may challenge the gym leaders, and potentially the league should he prove himself before eight gym leaders. Rowan turned to Zeke, "There we go. Now your all set" Rowan said.

Rowan's eyes fell on Adolphin, "Thankyou for being patient... WHat say you, how may I help you this morning?" Professor Rowan asked.

~Dolan Larch...~

"Good luck! Yeah totally! Sounds cool!" Dolan said to Victoria.

Dolan saw Adolphin bow, which motivated Dolan to awkwardly bow. Shinx(Aloi) looked at the other two shinx, then at the two pokemon Adolphin let loose. Aloi began to change once more now becoming a yellow vulpix with ditto's normal face. "Dittoooo!(Hello!) Aloi cheered.

"Nice! Here's my other pokemon" Dolan said before grabbing a small pokeball on his belt. after grabbing it, the pokeball expanded, and he sent out Gitchi, his porygon-2. "PORYGON TWOOOOOO!(Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be here!)"

"T-talking pokémon? You heard it too? I heard it for real though?! So neat..." Dolan said looking at Zeke. Dolan would have gave a bigger reaction, but he was so excited about his upcoming adventure.

While Zeke waited for an answer as it pertained to the mystery talking Leafeon, he turned to the Professor as it seemed he handled the League arrangements and had gotten himself signed up. Naturally Zeke became overjroyed as he jumped in the air and pumped in fist in the air which Lightning had only wished she had not seen as he let out a "whoop" just to add to his perhaps overzealous enthusiasm about being an official League challenger.

"Thanks Professor you are the best!" Zeke said as now he had all he needed, Lightning had been by his side and with his Pokedex & Pokeballs in hand, and his registration made official Zeke could take his first proper steps to claiming the Sinnoh crown; course this had not been an easy thing to achieve, and he was sure the road would only get harder with each step but that only had raised Zeke's competitive drive all the more.

Victoria tipped her fedora at Dolan. "Well, toodles! And safe travels to you!" She said as she began to walk away and wave bye at the photographer. From there she began to make her way out of Sandgem Town and into Route 202, with Piplup being comfy in her arm.

As they traversed through the route, the two looked around the scenery, finding it very pleasant. For Victoria, it's her first route in Sinnoh, and for Piplup, it's its first route in general. "Isn't it lovely, Piplup?" The Kalosian trainer asked the water-type.

"Pi Piplup~!" Piplup replied as it looked around. The outside world looks much different that the outside of the lab.

About halfway through the route, Victoria came to a stop after seeing something jump out of a nearby bush and onto the main pathway. A wild Shinx. She gasps and softly exclaims, "A Shinx!" She then pulled out her Pokédex and scanned it.

"Shinx, the flash Pokémon. The extension and contraction of its muscles generates electricity. It glows when in trouble."

The wild electric-type let out an adorable yawn before proceeding to lick one of its front paws.

Victoria put the device away and recalled Zeke, the boy who nearly bumped into her at the lab, had a Shinx of his own. Over the years of her travels, she has only had a handful of encounters with Shinx and its evolutionary line, mainly due to them not being common to come across in the regions she's been to. But even then, those limited encounters were enough to urge Victoria to catch one of her own someday, and today is that day.

A smirk grew on Victoria's face. "Yes, perfect! I've yearned for a moment like this to occur," she said and took a step forward, making the Shinx's ear to flicker and have it turn to her, "I've wanted to catch a Shinx of my own for the longest. And what better occasion to do so than as my first capture in Sinnoh!" She then looked down at her partner. "Piplup, this is our first battle together, and I'm counting on you. Now, Piplup, go!" She called out as she gently tossed her partner out from her arms.

"Piplup!" The water-type let out a battle ready cry as he leaped into battle. He landed in front of Shinx, looking prepped up.

Last edited:
~Reginald "Best Boi" Valerias...~

"Muuun...?
"Haaauuunt"

Reginald smiled looking at his pokémon and smiled, but after his phone rang, his smile faded away. Reginald got a text message, a family member texted suggesting they may need Regie's help. "It would appear I better be on my way... Auf wiedersehen!" Regie said.

"Off... weedle zen?" Dolan commented in confusion.

Reggie chuckled and waved before making his leave. He looked at the docks with his pokémon by his side. "Guess we can adventure next year..." Regie said.

@Merciless Medic gave me permission

~Dolan Larch...~

After showing off his pokémon to the other he sent his porygon-2 back to its pokéball and waved at the others still at the pokélab. "Hope to see you guys again in the future" Dolan said as he left for good this time. Dolan had wondered where Victoria left and how far she was. Only one way he's find out. Dolan made his way to route 202. Snapping photos along the way as his norm.

Low and behold, Victoria was trying to catch a shinx. This was a perfect opportunity for Dolan to start photographing. The battle looked like it was just about to start. Dolan was excited to see this.

@BloodRedRobot you asked one of us to tag you, so here ya go.

Last edited:
Jake and his two Pokemon happened to be just in range to hear the about to ensue Shinx battle.

Jake blinked and turned around, and started to watch curiously, as he looked at the Shinx with a smile.

"Ooh, a Shinx..haven't seen one of those here yet..." He said to Sonny, as he glanced down at him.

Turtwig tilted his head to the side curiously as he watched.

Sonny just seemed to sigh as he did, as he put his paws into his "pockets", and leaned against Jake's leg, eyes half lidded.

"Piplup, use Pound!"

Piplup leaped towards the wild electric-type with one of its flippers swung back, ready to give it a good Pound attack.

However, the Shinx jumped back to dodge the attack and began to run away, trying to escape.

"Piplup! Don't let it get away!" Victoria exclaimed, to which the water-type nodded with a chirp and ran after it. Victoria also ran after the two to ensure not losing them and sticking to her Pokémon.

Piplup chased down the wild Shinx as fast as it could and was catching up to it bit by bit. After a short while, once close enough, Piplup jumped over the electric-type and landed in front of it, causing the Shinx to abruptly stop with widened eyes.

Victoria also came to a stop herself once she caught up to the two. "Good! Now, use Bubble!"

Piplup launched a Bubble attack that landed successfully on its opponent.

Shinx took damage and was pushed back by the attack. Realizing escape was no longer an option, the electric-type retaliated by charging at Piplup with a Spark attack.

Knowing the move would be super-effective against a water-type, Victoria quickly ordered, "Piplup, dodge it!"

Piplup moved to the side to avoid it, just before Shinx could touch him, recognizing the severity of being hit by it would bring based on the tone of his trainer's voice.

"Now! Peck attack!"

With the Shinx surprised that it's attack didn't connect, Piplup leaped towards it once more. This time instead of aiming to hit the wild Pokémon with his flipper, he aimed to hit it with his beak. And sure enough, it landed with Piplup pecking Shinx on its side.

Despite it being a not very effective attack, Shinx still let out a cry of pain and fell to the ground. It then slowly tried to get back up.

"Perfect, Piplup! Now's the time!" Victoria said, recognizing that now was her chance to catch it, "And I know the perfect ball to catch it with." The Kalosian trainer then pulled out a Luxury Ball. She pressed its button to enlarge it. "The perfect one I've reserved for my future Luxray," she said before proceeding to throw the ball at the Shinx.

Shinx looked up to see the ball coming towards it and had its forehead be hit by it. The Luxury Ball opened up, sucked the electric-type inside, and closed before dropping to the ground, beginning to shake.

Click!

Victoria was soon filled with joy. "Yes! We did it!" She said and rushed over to the Luxury Ball to pick it up. She looked at it for a bit before turning to Piplup. "Piplup, this is wonderful! We caught ourselves a Shinx!"

"Piplup~!" Piplup chirped out with joy and proudness before jumping into his trainer's arms to hug her.

Victoria caught the water-type in her arms and hugged him back.

With that Zeke grinned to the fellow Shinx Trainer and waved him off. "I hope we meet each other again, and wish you luck on your ventures! If you want to travel with me I am meeting a guy outside to go look for Pokemon to add to the team on the way to the first gym." Zeke said to Adolphian before he dashed off with Lightning as the Luxio sighed but it seemed the pair moved down to where they had left Tony as he seemed to have a sheepish grin on his face.

"A-apologies for keeping you waiting, but got Pokeballs, my Pokedex and am ready to go on the hunt for teammates!" Zeke called out as his partner moved up on his shoulder as Lightning seemed to let out a "Lux" as if in affirmation; though she had maintained her more casual tone.

@The Heart of Frostfire.
@Red Gallade

Last edited:
Tony nearly zoned out enough that he looked as if he was about to fall asleep until he jolted at the sound of Zeke and turned his head to him. "You took your time in there, the old man have something he wanted to say to you?" He asked and raised an eyebrow as he got off where he leaned against and tilted his head to crack his neckbones, he got out his Rotom phone to have a look at the map of Sinnoh. "Let's get a move on, wanna do some teammate finding and training while the sun's still up."

"Hey this is my first time here, I got a little excited and wanted to know what I could. Still my bad..." Zeke said sheepishly which caused Lightning to roll her eyes as it had been in poor manners to keep company waiting. Regardless it seemed Tony came prepared map and all which caused Zeke to grin as Lightning caught that gleam in her trainer's eye which from experience she had known only meant one thing which caused the Luxio to groan.

"All right then let's hit it! The sooner we can find more Pokemon, the better!"

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Adolphian nodded at the professor and pointed at his pokegear, which seemed much more sophisticated than most. "Oh, it's nothing big, sir. I was hoping you'd be able to register my 'dex with Sinnoh's regional one, as currently, I only have that of Stahlblatt. It shouldn't be too big, as while our hardware is generally more advanced, it should be compatible with the rest of the world!" He replied, smiling as he noticed his Leafeon and Shinx interacting with those around them. Meanwhile, Blitz purred happily and seemed to really enjoy the company of the other of her kind, continuing to show affection to Lightning. And of course, Verdant soaked up the attention given to her.
"Yep! I can speak indeed~! Is it not a normal thing here for Pokemon to have mind enhancing cybernetics? It's pretty common in Stahlblatt, as quite a few pokemon, and people, end up getting cybernetics! Whether for fashion, self improvement, or even to save their life, cybernetics are due to be world wide some day!" She giggles, using a vine to gently boop her trainer on the nose, which he replies with a confused look.

Tony also rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets, immediately he started to walk in a certain direction with the same bored look on his face. "If we're gonna be going to start off with our journeys, I'd say maybe... this way, towards Route 203; not only will we find some Pokemon on our way there, but it'll also lead us towards Oreburgh where the first Gym is." He says as he immediately went to walk that way, not even looking back to see if Zeke caught up with him.

After celebrating their latest capture and attainment of a new friend, Victoria looked at the Luxury Ball with a smile. "I hope we get along wonderfully," she to the ball before putting it away. From there, the duo continued making their way to Jubilife City, with the water-type comfortably in his trainer's arms.

A good amount of walking was made on route to their destination. Eventually, the two finally reached the entrance of the city and once crossed, finally witnessed the big city up close. "Here we are, Piplup! Jubilife City!" Victoria said to her partner. Both were amazed at how big it was compared to Sandgem Town. "I must say, I am aware of it being the biggest city in the Sinnoh region, but to see it in person..."

"Piplup~!" Piplup chirped out, as it looked around in amazement.

"So much to see...so much one could do here...but first things first," Victoria began before looking down at the water-type in her arms, "The Pokémon Center! You and Shinx need to rest and recuperate your strength."

"Pip!" Piplup replied with a nod.

After their little conversation, Victoria began to walk over to the city's Pokémon Center.

"Alright Route 203 it is!" Zeke called out with a wide grin as he quickly worked to follow Tony as Lightning who clung to his shoulder seemed to notice that Tony had not been...overly enthusiastic about traveling with them. Seems he had grown annoyed a bit at the extrovert energy that he radiated. On that level she related to him, but the cold shoulder bit he seemed to give rubbed her the wrong way. Perhaps cause it reminded the Electric-Type of herself more than she'd like to admit.

Zeke seemed to not notice, or if he had he had not made any commentary on the matter as his focus was to spot another possible teammate once they'd arrive in Route 203.

@Red Gallade

Dolan took plenty of pictures of the battle between Victoria's piplup and the shinx. Dolan couldn't help but grin as he looked at the better photos he took. He then looked at Aloi who was still chipper as ever. Victoria spared no time in heading to Jubilife City. Dolan figured he'd do the same. He headed down route 202 and heading towards Jubilife City. He eventually reached the end of the route and was now standing in Jublife City ready to continue his journey. He began heading into Jubilife City, and thinking about where to go next.

((OOC: Sorry it took me so long to post))

Jake and Sonny had already arrived in Jubilife, and were currently sightseeing.

"Kinda reminds me of home..." the human commented as he looked around, and smiled.

Sonny glanced around, eyes half lidded and paws in his pockets. At least he was consistent.

"We can stay here for a bit...but i really wanna get to Oreburgh, check out that fossil mine." Jake said to the Raboot as he pulled out his Rotom Phone and studied a map.

"I am hungry though..." he thought out loud, looking around for any signs of a restaurant, fast food place, etc.

As Tony made it out of the many buildings of Jubilife city and in to the wilderness that was Route 203, despite how long the journey may seem to get to Oreburgh, he didn't seemed to bothered by it... or he did, but was hard to tell given his dull mood. As he looked around to see anything interesting, he barely found any interesting Pokemon, mostly your everyday Starly or Bidoofs who happily went about their lives, nothing he saw as good additions to his team.

"Maybe I should see about training my Pokemon while I'm here..." Tony muttered to himself as he reached in to his pocket to get out a Poke ball while he looked around for any Pokemon that seemed aggressive enough to attack on sight. He seemed not to go after the Pokemon who minded their own businesses, even if it seemed like it was the easier option.

Sat at the edge of one of streets of Jubilife City, a teenager was checking his Journal. Beside him, a Croagunk stood still staring at nothing in particular. "And… nothing." Jett sighed while dropping the book. "That makes two days of straight boredom." He look at his Pokémon, who seemingly didn’t react to his trainer's words. "Yeah, I'm as stressed over this as you are." He picked up his Journal and started to go through the pages, glancing over his schemes "Too boring, old-fashioned, over used, over elaborated, also boring, this one was good - but there's no shiny Pokémon around and that's about it" Sentenced, closing the journal. "I'm out!"

Croagunk moved his eyes towards his trainer without moving his body an inch. Eventually he reached his trainer and guide his attention towards the Pokémon Contest announcement "Again? No thanks. I already have two of those ribbons. More than I would ever need." Croagunk just slightly shrugged his shoulders in response.

Just when he stood up to go anywhere else, he noticed someone he had never seen before walking across the city. He frowned. "A newcomer?" It wasn’t something really weird, but his state as of now would had made a fight between Metapods something worth of his weight in gold. "I can make it work." He grinned, pulling out a pokeball. He heard Croagunk's croak as he remained still on his place "Yes! I'm excited as you are over this~!" He launched the Pokeball airborne "Murkrow, use Haze!"

Needless to say the track through Route 203 had been a rather quiet one, while Zack wanted to engage in conversation with Tony he seemed to be the more silent type; though if Lightning had a say, the Luxio would've argued instead that he simply tried to not speak to them which she had silently taken offense to. Though Zeke seemed to not register this, in part because he seemed to just take to the sights and was loving being out on the road, though he happened to hear Tony's comment of training which of course had gotten Zeke's natural interest as he quickly moved by him.

"Well if it is training you want, me and Lightning could help. A little battle could help us prepare for the Gym." Zeke said, as he seemed to almost be itching for this. His first ever Pokemon battle, this was gonna be so good! However, as Lightning moved off his shoulder something seemed to get her attention and in turn Zeke's as they turned and a wild Starly seemed to flap by attracted to all the noise.

"Oh hey a Starly!" Zeke said as he quickly pulled out his Pokedex to scan the information as advised by Professor Rowan.

"Starly, the Starling Pokemon. They flock in great numbers. Though small, they flap their wings with great power."

Zeke noted that information, and it seemed he got lucky and caught a stray or maybe this Starly wandered to try and get at some worms in the grass. Whatever the reason had been Zeke quickly set his Pokedex aside and glanced at Tony.

"Hey Tony, do you uh mind if you give me a second here. I may not get such a chance like this." Zeke whispered to Tony, as he wanted to not startle the Starly though its gaze and Lightning's had seemed locked; one of curiosity, the other of focus.

" Ok... " 13 year old Ian Araka woke up for the day of journeying. He was about to set out from home to face the Gym Challenge of Sinnoh. He woke up his partners, Flame the Chimchar and Sunny the Shinx. " Let's have a fun time. " He said goodbye to his parents and set out for Oreburgh. His home is in Jubilife City. He hated the popularity of his city because he struggled with social anxiety. He just disliked most people in general. He only spoke to the people he cared for and those worthy for battle. He really had a spot for Pokemon. It started when Team Galactic took his parents. He was sent from foster homes and was never given much love. That was until he met Flame, his Chimchar. They had an emotional bond and, when he was 10, he caught Flame. He also caught Sunny, who he felt bonded to. That time was the reason he felt that way about people and Pokemon. He saw the cruelty of Team Galactic and saw that in everyone and feels the Pokemon's emotions. He got out of his populated hometown and reached Route 203. He saw other people who looked in his age group, catching some Pokemon, but he ignored them. He didn't want to show anyone his anxiety filled self. He was stuck in his train of thought, so he didn't notice when he tripped over a wild Budew. He felt this Pokemon's emotions and it felt lonely and introverted, like himself. He initiated a battle to catch it, and used his strategic mind to his advantage. " Budew is a Grass Poison type Pokemon. Obviously, Flame would incinerate it and Grass resists Electric. Besides, I'm only weakening it so... Sunny, I choose you. " The electric lynx hopped out of it's ball, ready for battle. " Start with Bite, then use a close range Thunder Shock. " The electric Pokemon chomped upon the Grass type and attacked it with a Thunder Shock, paralyzing it. " Hmm, went perfectly as plan. Now the grand finale. " He threw the Pokemon, with a curve to it, and it connected. 1... 2... 3... Clink! He had gotten the Budew. " Yes! " He quickly shut his mouth. He thought he might've yelled that too loud. Hopefully no one noticed him.

After reaching and entering the Pokémon Center, Victoria approached the front counter that Nurse Joy was standing behind and set down Piplup on it.

"Welcome to the Pokémon Center!" The nurse said.

Victoria bowed her head a bit to greet back. "Hello, Nurse Joy! I came in hopes you can heal my Piplup, as well as my newly caught Shinx?" The Kalosian trainer asked as she pulled out Shinx's Luxury Ball, "The two had quite the tussle and are fatigued as a result from it."

"Of course! Just leave it to me," Nurse Joy replied with a friendly smile.

"Great!" Victoria returned Piplup to its Pokéball and handed it and the Luxury Ball to Nurse Joy. She then waited for a bit, and it didn't take long before the nurse returned with the Pokéballs in a tray.

"Thank you for waiting. You'll be happy to hear you're Pokémon are completely fighting fit," Nurse Joy said as she set the tray down.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy!" Victoria said with gratitude and retrieved her Pokéballs from the tray, "And before I forget, could you please assist me in registering for the Sinnoh League?"

"Why, certainly! All I need is your Pokédex to get your registration underway," Nurse Joy said. Victoria handed her Kalos Pokédex to the nurse, and she slid it in a slot in her computer, "Alright, let's see now. Victoria Melis...from Lumiose City..." After a bit if typing, she pulled out the Pokédex and handed it back to Victoria. "Okay! You're now fully registered and ready to go. Good luck on all your battles!"

"Thank you very much!" After retrieving her Pokédex, Victoria bowed her head once again and proceeded to walk towards the exit. However, she stopped in her tracks midway and thinks to herself a bit. "Why do I have a feeling I'm forgetting something really important?" She asked herself. She looked around until her eyes laid on the video phones mounted on the wall of the Center. It took a few seconds before her face was filled with horrid as she remembered. "O-Oh, dear!" She said, "I-I was suppose to call home as soon as I could. Mother's going to kill me for this."

With a gulp, Victoria made her way to one of the video phones and called home. "Maybe she won't be upset that I forgot?" She said to herself as it dialed.

Before she knew it, the image quickly came up. "Where were you!!?" Shouted out a rather angry woman, which was none other than Victoria's mother.

The sudden outburt startled Victoria as she let out a yelp. 'Or....perhaps not,' she corrected herself in her thoughts. "P-Pleased to see you too, mother," she said.

"Where....are you now?" Her mother asked, sound angry once again.

"Umm, in....Jubilife City," Victoria replied a bit nervously.

"You were supposed to call us while you were in Sandgem Town!" Her mother responded, "Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for you to call!? Wondering about what could be taking you so long!?"

"I know! I know! I'm very sorry!" Victoria said as she bowed in apology a couple of times, "I know I should've called immediately after departing from the lab, but I became distracted. I'm very sorry, mother."

Her mother sighed a bit and shook her head. "Oh Victoria, what am I going to do with you?" She said before she seized shaking her head, "Next time we set up a date to call, I expect you fulfill it to the letter, young lady. Understand?"

"Yes, mother," Victoria replied.

"Alright. Now then, how is Sinnoh treating you so far?" Her mother asked with a small smile.

Victoria then gained a smile herself. "It's splendid!" She said, "The professor was very kind, and I already have two additions to the family!" She took out her Pokéball and Luxury Ball and let out both Piplup and Shinx. She then picked them up and held them both in her arms. "Mother, I would love to introduce you to Piplup and Shinx," she said before looking down at the Pokémon, "Piplup, Shinx, this is my mother. Say hello."

"Piplup Pip~!" Piplup greeted before Shinx did the same, "Shinx~!"

"Oh, what adorable critters you two are!" Her mother compliment, "It is a pleasure to be acquainted with you both! I trust you two to look after Victoria and keep her out of trouble."

Piplup and Shinx replied with a cry of agreement.

Victoria's mother then looked down as if she noticed something. "Oh, if you want to say hi, then just come up," she said before a Furfrou popped it's head out from the bottom of the screen, letting out a bark, "And don't you worry, I didn't forget you." She then crouched down before coming back up with a Bulbasaur in her arms, it letting out a happy cry as well.

Victoria's smile grew wider at the sight of her two other Pokémon. "Look, you two! It's Furfrou and Bulbasaur! Say hi to them!" She said to Shinx and Piplup.

The two Sinnoh Pokémon greeted themselves to Victoria's old Pokémon, and they greeted back at the newbies.

"Seems they're all getting along already," Victoria's mother said, "Your grandparents have already arrived to pick up Bulbasaur, but he was wanting to say hello to you before he would depart with them."

"Aww~, thank you, Bulbasaur!" Victoria said to the grass-type, "Be sure look after the both of them, okay?"

"Bulbasaur~!" Bulbasaur said with a nod.

"And Furfrou, you do the same with mother and father, okay?"

Furfrou barked with a nod as well before lowering himself out of view.

Victoria's mother then set Bulbasaur down and got back up. "Well, with that all taken care of now, I'm glad to hear you're doing very well so far," she said, "Although, are you traveling alone this time? I don't see anyone seemingly with you."

"No, not this time, so far," Victoria replied, "Though I have met some wonderful people at the professor's lab, I currently don't have any new traveling companions. I don't mind being alone for the time being, but it most certainly is something I'm not accustomed to quite yet."

"I see. Well, knowing you, I doubt you'll be on your travels alone for long," her mother commented, "Hopefully, no boys will travel with you this time."

"P-Pardon?" Victoria uttered out, caught a bit off guard by her mother's last remark.

"You heard what I said. You how I feel about you traveling with a boy!" Her mother said, sounding a bit angry again.

"Mother, why is that always an issue!? What problem is there with me traveling with a boy?" Victoria asked.

"The issue is any boy who whishes to travel with you needs know what not to do when in the company of a lady such as yourself!"

Victoria knew if this were to continue, her mother would go on with her rant. So there was only one thing the trainer could do. "Bye mother, it was a pleasure talking to you," she said as she reached for the button to end the call.

"Now, wait a minute! Don't you dare hang up on your mo--!" Her mother's voice was cut as soon as the call abruptly ended.

Victoria let out a sigh, now kinda glad that was over with. "Why does she always have to overreact like that?" She asked herself.

Still in her arms, Piplup and Shinx were a bit confused by what happened at the end.

The Kalosian trainer shook it off from her mind and looked down at her two Pokémon with a smile. "But now with that over, how about we head off to Oreburgh City for our first gym badge?"

Both Pokémon cried out in agreement.

With that said, Victoria returned both Piplup and Shinx back into their Pokéballs and exited the Pokémon Center, before heading towards the city's exit that lead to Route 203.