• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Sinnoh GTS (Discussion).

Should gym leaders be player controlled or npcs?

• Yes, players should control them.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, they should be auto-able.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mystic, how many pokmon are the subordinates allowed to have, if any? Slash how much of an eye do they keep on their pokemon?

And or, how hard would it be for someone who wants to be a subordinate to become one?

Asking because I might have an idea but I can see it not working and or fitting/making sense.

They are required to utilize the Kirlia they are assigned, and must have a team of 3, bare minimum.
These Pokémon should not be your personal ‘civilian team’. This should be an exclusive team for on-the-job.

Alright, nevermind then lol, my idea doesn't work then

Sorry, again- this is my own brainchild. I’ve had this concept for awhile and it ties into my ocs history.

If you like the concept as is, I’m cool with using it. But I won’t be changing their concept to support yours. How would that be fair to me? You wish for a unique, solo villain? Make one.

No reason to seem snippy.

Last edited:
You don't wanna leave players behind, but at the same time... RPs usually die when they are halted too long. We could always give the players some time. When the time is met, the RP continues. If they wanna return to the RP at a later date. I'm confident we can find a way to bring them back into the story. What do you guys think? What seems like a reasonable deadline to you guys? Thoughts?

You don't wanna leave players behind, but at the same time... RPs usually die when they are halted too long. We could always give the players some time. When the time is met, the RP continues. If they wanna return to the RP at a later date. I'm confident we can find a way to bring them back into the story. What do you guys think? What seems like a reasonable deadline to you guys? Thoughts?

Who are you waiting on? @Merciless Medic and I will be joining a bit later.
@Godjacob just recently got back from a brief hiatus.

@ThAtGuY101 @BloodRedRobot @BlueMew392
I believe you’re all still active.

And I’m fairly certain @Red Gallade has just been preoccupied, as I talked to him earlier.

How many am I missing? Lol

On the first post I'm pretty sure I have everyone's bios on a list.

I put @Your-Friday-Filet and @Cupcakeus on the 'inactive' list. If either of you would still like to continue, I'll switch them back to the 'protagonist' list. No problem.

I kinda have a post ready, but I don't know whether to post it now or wait to see if Cupcake would respond to not leave Aria alone.
Friday is here, feel free to post whenever is most convenient for you.

Before I post... I wanna ask... @BloodRedRobot, do you still intend for Jake to take a Sinnoh starter? Assuming nobody else wants them, I'd probably have them written off as if npc trainers were given them, and had their own adventures. Kinda like how when when Ash went to get his very first pokémon theres no confirmation who got the original starters... Didn't Gary get squirtle? I can't remember that far back... I think the other two were given to random unnamed trainers if I remember correctly... I could be wrong though...

Kinda like how when when Ash went to get his very first pokémon theres no confirmation who got the original starters... Didn't Gary get squirtle? I can't remember that far back... I think the other two were given to random unnamed trainers if I remember correctly... I could be wrong though...

It was never shown who Bulbasaur's past owner was, but Bulbasaur's owner abandoned him. Gary got Squirtle, and Damien had Charmander before he was abandoned and Ash took the Pokemon in.

Granted, they could have just been Pokemon these characters got by random chance. There were multiple Bulbasaur shown aboard St. Anne in Battle Aboard the St. Anne, a Bulbasaur was on Scissor Street in Pokemon Fashion Flash, another one appeared in The Breeding Center Secret, another trainer's Bulbasaur appeared in Friends to the End at the closing ceremonies of Indigo Plateau Conference, Assunta had an Ivysaur in Friends to the End against Ritchie in the Indigo Plateau Conference, another Ivysaur appeared in A Chansey Operation in a clinic, Corey's Venusaur nicknamed Bruteroot in Mewtwo Strikes Back and the remake of the movie, and another Venusaur in March of the Exeggutor Squad.

Then there was Ritchie's Zippo, a Charmander that evolved into Charmeleon, multiple Charmander were seen on the St. Anne with those Bulbasaur I mentioned earlier, another one was spotted in HopHopHop Town's Pokemon Center in Hypno's Naptime, another Charmander was on Scissor Street in Pokemon Fashion Flash, and another trainer in the Indigo Plateau Conference closing ceremonies had a Charmander.

Squirtle that Gary got from his "Gramps" was indeed that very Squirtle.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Yes yes, I exist. Now... Let me revamp Adolphian.

Name: Adolphian Richter.

Personality: Adolphian is outwardly dark and talks about 'dark' subjects such as death and the bleakness of the unknown, and while he tries his best to keep an 'emo' appearance, while also being highly intelligent. However, to those he cares about, he's rather protective and kind to, while still maintaining a sharp edge.

Physical Appearance: Adolphian typically is seen wearing a spiked collar and dark grey lab coat with purple shirt underneath a black leather jacket with studs, as well as having a black visor with greenish purple viewing screen. He also carries around a small stun laser blaster on his hip, and carries a laptop bag-like carrier, which seems to hold more space on the inside than what appears on the inside. He also has dark brown hair, pale skin without a tan, and eyes that are a swirl of purple and one of an array of colours, the given colour will change based on mood, such as a dark purple for fear. Finally, he has black leather trousers with a few chains and studs by the waist, as well as grey boots.

Clothing: As above.

Partner Pokémon: Evilane, the Leafeon. Moveset varies depending on scenario, as due to her cybernetics, she is capable of a variety of abilities, but is slightly lower in strength to a regular Leafeon.

Other Pokémon: Flare, the Vulpix, and Blitzkriegler, the Shinx.

Other: Adolphian can talk to Pokémon, much like N! And contrary to natural belief, it's natural, not due to his cybernetics! Though his Cybernetics do allow him to speak in multiple other languages.

Personality: Adolphian is outwardly dark and talks about 'dark' subjects such as death and the bleakness of the unknown, and while he tries his best to keep an 'emo' appearance, while also being highly intelligent. However, to those he cares about, he's rather protective and kind to, while still maintaining a sharp edge.

Physical Appearance: Adolphian typically is seen wearing a spiked collar and dark grey lab coat with purple shirt underneath a black leather jacket with studs, as well as having a black visor with greenish purple viewing screen. He also carries around a small stun laser blaster on his hip, and carries a laptop bag-like carrier, which seems to hold more space on the inside than what appears on the inside. He also has dark brown hair, pale skin without a tan, and eyes that are a swirl of purple and one of an array of colours, the given colour will change based on mood, such as a dark purple for fear. Finally, he has black leather trousers with a few chains and studs by the waist, as well as grey boots.

Partner Pokémon: Evilane, the Leafeon. Moveset varies depending on scenario, as due to her cybernetics, she is capable of a variety of abilities, but is slightly lower in strength to a regular Leafeon.

Other: Adolphian can talk to Pokémon, much like N! And contrary to natural belief, it's natural, not due to his cybernetics! Though his Cybernetics do allow him to speak in multiple other languages.

Is your character blatantly edgy on purpose? XD Because if so, that's great.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Well, mostly. He's pretty much had to put on an edgy persona after he's had a past full of horrible things, including the death of his parents. But he's become so used to it as a protective measure that it comes naturally. Also... Evilane is going to know Hyper Beam, just because I want her to utilize her eye lasers in the form of a massive attack that blinds and tires her for a few minutes.

He'll be a great character foil for Zeke lol

Was he able to talk to pokémon in the previous RP? If so than I obviously must have overlooked it back then... Hmmm... For obvious reasons, I should be more concerned about that gun... Hmmmmmmm.... non-lethal or not, I wonder. Regardless. I'll go ahead and accept. I'm going to assume that gun isn't gonna be zappin' people...

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Well, he was able to talk to Pokémon, but never got a chance to. As for the blaster, yeah, it's not lethal. At the highest setting, most it can do is cause someone to go into shock and pretty much collapse unconscious for a while, but it's mainly used for self defense from Pokémon in the case his Pokémon are either being trained or too injured to defend him. The most common setting is essentially a stun gun, like a low voltage taser. Also, ahh, I see. Fair enough then! Sort of like Gladion and Hau, so to speak.

https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-mary-sue-test.183/

Look, I’m not gonna give my opinion on the above character sheet. I just suggest you look at test quoted in Sems first message, and perhaps you could use said test for your character.
Note: Please don’t use the test he has linked. It’s a general test. The Pokémon test is quoted from someone else further in the post.