• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Sinnoh Adventures

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
As Paeon fixed his back, he turned to Shen. "Yeah... though I didn't expect him here... You see, I helped raised Nosepass from an Egg." Paeon smiled as he began to reminisce on his time with Nosepass.

Back when he was younger, to get Paeon used to others, he was sent to live with his cousin and Uncle for a summer. During that summer, Paeon and Roark found an egg abandoned on Iron Island. Paeon helped to take care of the egg and was the first thing Nosepass saw when he hatched... making Nosepass believe Paeon was his daddy.

As such, Paeon made sure to visit every summer. He believed Nosepass would like it better with other Steel and Rock type Pokemon then being with a random/dangerous mishmash of Pokemon at his house.

When Paeon finished his story, he stopped and smiled. "Hey... can we visit Iron Island after your Gym Battle Shen? I'm hoping to see Mister Riley again. He was always nice when he had to babysit me and Roark."

However... Paeon, Shen and Neptune turned to Byron freaking out. "Umm... Uncle? What's wrong?" Byron turned to Paeon nervously. "Well... I forgot someone was... visiting..." Paeon raised an eyebrow. "Who???"

Suddenly the doors were kicked open with a certain voice. "EVERYONE! COOLNESS HAS ARRIVED!" Paeon stopped and rubbed his eyes in annoyance... "Great... Candice..."

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Before he could respond to the question he was asked, a certain ice gym leader burst through the door. Shen looked to her and offered a sly smile as he closed his eye.

"Oh there's Candice, you missed the pyromaster himself."

Knowing very well that she chose to be up in the icy mountains because he was a cold person, it was a rare sight to ever see here near a beach or anywhere warm at all, he could assume she had an aversion to heat, fitting as it was for her Pokemon.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Candice walked into the gym and smirked when she saw Paeon. "Hey PK! Come on, don't be so cold." She kept walking towards Paeon as his eye began to twitch. "Jeez, why can't a runt like you be as cool as me? I mean, people call me cold-hearted but..." Paeon had enough. Paeon walked over to Candice and...

*SCRUNCH* *SCRUNCH*

Paeon began to grinded his fists into the side of Candice's head. "OWW! STOPPP!!! PKKKKKKK!!!!!" Paeon had an angry/annoyed look. "I've dealt with your stupid puns and rude behavior for YEARS!!! THIS IS PAYBACK!!!"

When Paeon was done, Candice was holding her head in pain while Paeon sighed. "There... we're even now." Candice just shot Paeon a glare.

"Are you done with your family reunion?" Shen asked tapping his foot on the ground. "This is a gym right? Where we battle? That's what we've come to do."

Sableye jumped off of His shoulder and began scratching at the air, laighing manically as hen pointed to Byron.

"Then I challenge you to a battle!"

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Byron stared at the boy before laughing. "Alright, we'll have a 3 on 3 battle! Let's go!"

As the gang headed to the arena, Byron took one side while Shen took the other. In the crowd were Paeon, Neptune, and Candice. Also, hidden in the shadows was a certain pyromaster.

Byron let out a mighty laugh before slamming his shovel down. "Let's go!"

Gym Leader Byron would like to battle.

Team:
Bronzor: Flash Cannon, Extrasensory, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis. LEVITATE.
Steelix: Gyro Ball, Ice Fang, Dragonbreath, Sandstorm. STURDY.
Bastiodon: Flash Cannon, Ancient Power, Metal Burst, Iron Defense. STURDY. Sitrus Berry

Accept? [Y/N]

In the crowd, before the fight was going to begin, Candice was approached, by a guy with a familiar patch of red and black hair. The teen looked to her and gestured to himself.

"I am pyromaster Leon, you are Candice. I challenge you to a gym battle, if I may."

The fans around him squealed that he was attempting another battle right after his last one, without Pokemon center treatment either.

Shen went to his side of the Gym, and assessed his team. He knew he couldn't choose Spiritomb, so that left him 3 other options. He quickly picked his team and got on his feet. He held a Pokeball out and unleashed his first Pokemon. A haunter was sent out and spoke in broken baby talk.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
As Haunter was sent out, Byron sent out Bronzor. It was a risky play, but if a status element occurred, he'd be in the clear with Extrasensory.

Meanwhile, Candice looked at Leon... before sighing. "Sorry, even if I wanted to I can't. Gym Leaders are only allowed to do official Gym Battles in their respective gyms. That's why whenever we leave for personal reasons, there's always a replacement leader as standby."

As the crowd showed disappointment, Candice sighed. "Look, if you want I can give a Gym Battle the next time your in Snowpoint City... but I can't break League rules or else I lose my position as Gym Leader. I'm only here to see my Uncle and then meet up with my girlfriend."

At those words, Paeon remembered. "Oh yeah... why did you and Dawn start dating? I'm not against it... just never expect you two to like each other." Candice gave Paeon, (for the first time ever), a friendly smile. "Well it started back in Giant's Chasm when..." As Paeon listened to his cousins story, Byron smiled at the fact that for the first time in their lives, those two were starting to get along.

The red haired trainer looked away, uninterested now as he left the gym, appearing to have another goal in mind. Much of the crowd left with him. Shen stood by his haunter as he grinned to the steel type gym leader across from him.

"Ha! An psychic type? Didn't you learn from my auntie? Teach him some manners haunter, do your lick!"

Haunter phased right in front of the steel bell Pokemon, taking it's toxic round and running it along it's exterior. Slowly as the saliva seeped in, the bell seemed to wobble in place, the paralysis seeming to work as intended. Afterwards, haunter soared into the air, glowing with energy

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Byron smirked as he waited... and waited... until... "Now! Use Hypnosis!" Bronzor sent a blast of hypnotic waves at a certain direction, which ended in Haunter's path and hitting the ghost head on. "Now! Use Extrasensory!"

As the then asleep Haunter laid, it was picked up and sent across the arena with psychic powers, dealing a decent amount of Super-Effective damage. As Haunter began to wake up, "Use Confuse Ray!" A flying orb circled around Haunter, leaving him confused. Byron smiled at Shen.

"I guess Fantina forgot to mention how Bronzor has taken down many Haunters and Gastlys before."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the stands, Paeon began to actually connect with his cousin. The two were exchanging stories as Neptune walked the match in interest. "Yeah, I actually came here with my main team. Which of course includes my only non-ice type." Paeon thought... until it hit him. "It's Crobat, right?" Candice smiled. "Yeah. You remember... Although... that reminds me. You think Riolu still remembers you?"

Paeon chuckled. "Nah, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't recognize me. Remember, I was scared of everything back then. Now... I'm facing my fears. The real question is if Roark still has Mawile."

Candice chuckled before seeing Neptune look at them with a raised eyebrow. The two cousins looked at each other and back at Neptune before speaking in sync. "What happens on Iron Island stays on Iron Island."

The haunter was shocked by that powerful blow and was now whittling about in confusion. Shen was racing to think of what he should do. Then an idea came to his head.

"Haunter! What's you join this team for, to be he best prankster who ever...died I guess. Prank!"

The haunter went to it's pure instincts. Through the confusion, it's shadowed claws gabbed the hilt of bronzong and hurled it up toward the ceiling with poweful force. The top of bronzong lodging in the ceiling. It seemed to Ring in place like an actual bell, fainted by the looks like it, lodged humiliatingly on the ceiling.

"Was that...shadow claw? Great job haun-"

Right as he said that, haunter bashed it's head a couple of time against a sharp looking Boulder spiking up from the ground.

"....err.....Nevermind."

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
As Bronzor descended from the ceiling, it regained it's bearings before turning to the Haunter. "Now! Flash Cannon!" Bronzor began to charge up a Flash Cannon... until it was unable to move from paralyze.

As it stayed still, Haunter rushed towards it, sending them both crashing towards the wall...

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle!"

Shen sent haunter back. Steel types seem to be all about durability...going to be tough to try and whittle down their defenses. He got another Pokeball out and released the Pokemon inside. Shuppet made herself know, winking and sticking out her tounge to her opponet.

"Shuppet, teach Byron that ghosts still reign supreme!"

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Byron returned his Bronzor as he stared at the Shuppet. "Alright then... Go! Steelix!" As he released his Pokemon, the giant Iron Snake Pokemon appeared across from the Shuppet, towering over it.

On the side, the three were watching when they heard a voice. "Is this a family reunion?" The turned to see Roark standing in the door. Candice and Paeon leapt up from the bleachers and ran towards Roark. Roark sweat-dropped. "Calm down you two..."

Byron turned to see his son, niece and nephew. When he did, he saw an image from the past. Shen could only look in confusion as Byron started to cry. "They grow up so fast..."

As the titanic size Pokemon was released from it's Pokeball, it roared with every link of it's body tidying around like a machine. It seemed to be still recovering from the previous fight with ninetails. Perfect.

"Shuppet! Tactic Fantina VII!"

Shuppet winked at the Steelix as a grid expanded throughout the floor. It rose up and connected with the other sections, forming a grided cube shape. It then filled in with the landscape of a graveyard, the grid dissapearing into the trick room. The Shuppet chuckled as it then grew black and started farting throughout, striking Steelix in multiple places, while doing light damage each time due to it's sheer size, she kept up her feint attacks

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Byron sighed. "Kid... you forgot the biggest problem here." Shen looked at Byron confused until he spoke. "Ice Fang." Suddenly Steelix move so fast that Shuppet was caught in it's jaws while icy energy hit it. "Toss it and use Dragon breath then Sandstorm."

Steelix used its new speed and tossed Shuppet across the room before launching a dragon breath. Shen could see that when the Dragon Breath hit, it paralyzed Shuppet as a sandstorm began to form. "You forgot that Steelix is made of metal... a LOT slower than your Shuppet. As such, the effects of trick room benefit me more."

On the bleachers, Neptune was siting beside Paeon, who had Nosepass on his lap. Beside him was Roark who had a Mawile out. Beside him was Candice who had her Crobat flying beside her. Paeon could only cringe. "Sandstorm will whittle down Shuppet, who's paralyzed. Even though the speed half will help Shuppet... Trick Room will end soon. This will be difficult to turn around."

Shuppet twitched and convulsed through the paralysis shen ran through his battle strategies in his head. Trick room had always worked in his favor. That is, until this Steelix proved him wrong. He must have fought Fantina who used it against him. Then an idea came to mind.

"Paralysis...that's it! Shuppet, use curse!"

Shuppet wearily brought out a needle that was under it's horn, and shoved it through it's body. Shuppet then plummeted to the ground, fainting. He recalled it as the curse affected Steelix. Sableye hopped onto the battlefield, giggling and twitching excitedly.

"Morty II!"

Sableye grinned as he rushed Steelix, the trick room shattering behind each of his steps and he delivered a powerful brick break, along with the curse, managing to collapsed the giant steel snake

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
The referee walked over to the Steelix before raising his hand. "Steelix is unable to battle, Sableye is the winner!" Byron looked at Shen and smiled. "Alright... let's do this... Go Bastiodon!"

Upon release, the Shield Pokemon let out a mighty roar. Byron knew that Special Attacks were nothing against Bastiodon as long as Sandstorm was up due to the 50% boost to rock types. However... that Brick Break was dangerous. Bu Byron had a plan... it all depended on if Sableye attacked with Brick Break.

"Bastiodon, on guard! Prepare the S.C!" On the sidelines, Neptune was confused while the three cousins were in looking with serious faces. "Man... Uncle Byron is really using his trump card..." "That's my dad for you..." "Boys, this means that Shen there has is seen as a worthy opponent. The trump card is only 50/50 too... who knows what will happen."

Shen didn't know what Byron meant by SC, but he didn't like the sound of it. It was so tempting to use brick break on the 4x weakness ancient Pokemon. But it seemed...too easy. Shen put a finger on his mouth. Better play it cautiously.

"Sableye, do tactic: Fantina I."

Sableye giggled as he started conjuring up a dark pool of liquid on the ground. In a second, Sableye swan dived inside of it, the pool of liquid dissapearing into a hard to see shadow. Sableye then hopped right out of the shadow, under the Bastidon's belly and landed a brick break on the soft spot.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
As Bastiodon was sent back, Paeon sighed. "Well... this ain't good... Sableye is out."
"Bastiodon held on with STURDY"
As Bastiodon was there in pain, Byron smiled. "Time for the S.C... the Shield Counter. Use Metal Burst!"
For those who don't know, Metal Burst is a move that sends all damage a Pokemon takes in the turn right back at the opponent with a 1.5 multiplier... It is also a steel type move meaning that it gains a 50% increase due to Bastiodon being steel type and same type attack bonus...

Which means one thing...
As shards of metal began to appear and float, they were sent at Sableye with blinding speed and power.
"Sableye is unable to battle, Bastiodon is the winne-!" "Sable..." Sableye seemed to be on it's last legs...

Neptune was in shock as Candice look out. "That leaves Shen with Sableye who is barely standing while Uncle has Bastiodon with 1 hp... wait... 21 hp due to that Sitrus berry it's eating." Roark looked up to see the sandstorm fading. "Well... it now depends on if Sableye has enough strength to finish this."

Last edited by a moderator:

Shen was shocked seeing his impish companion fly across he stron due to the burst of metal. Sableye now shakily standing, it's grin still not fading. Sableye's durability was shocking considering it's small size. It twitched and seemed like it was going to fall over and second, but still was pressing on.

"Sableye! Hang in there..." Shen's eyes darted back and forth. "Take him on with dazzling gleam!"

Without the strength capable enough for physical moves, Sableye's eyes glew as it prepared a special one. Out of it's chest and eyes shot out hundreds of small purple projectiles, shredding at the hull of Bastidon. sableye grinned as it fell flat on it's behind, still awake but not enough strength to do much as stand

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Byron stared at the field as a smile grin appeared on his face. "Congratulations" And with that, Bastiodon fell over. "Bastiodon is unable to battle, Shen and Sableye are the winners."

As Byron walked over to Shen and held out the badge, he sighed. "That was a close match... too close." On the sidelines, Paeon, Candice and Roark all realized what was going to happen. "Oooooooohhh..." "That ain't good..." "Good luck Shen..." Neptune stared at them in confusion as Byron began to talk again.

"Alright... You have some unique Pokemon on you... but that's not enough. You have the moves and strategies... but that's not enough." He then brought Shen to a window and pointed to an island in the distance. "See there? That's Iron Island... the place where my son, niece and nephew learned to train. My old friend is there and will help you out."

He then turned to Shen. "However... you need to pass a test when your first there. You need to catch a new Pokemon to start out... but...
You need to catch one without your Pokemon."

Paeon sighed. "Man... we barely got lucky there. Candice got Zubat, Roark got Mawile, and the one I used is still on that Island... but we could barely get them. I was even lucky to get him..." He then turned to Shen. "But... When you find that Pokemon... you find one with a connection. Then... the two of you work harder then you ever could."

Byron laughed as he looked Shen in the eye. "After you get your Pokemon... you face my old friend in a battle. When you win, your true training begins... Are you ready?"

(I'm SOOOOO sorry I've been gone. I had exams, story writing and other miscellaneous junk that got in the way. Again... sorry.)

"Not enough?" He scoffed, faking offense, taking on a British accent. "You mock me my dear sir, you have come to assume I am without power on my own."

He didn't appeal to the idea of bowing to the defeated gym leader's wishes. But he was intrigued on this mysterious person that Byron lead on about, one that could pose a challenge to face. What better place to judge the merits of his power than against such a person?

"I have you know that I was conjering the souls of the dead before I was eight, and evoking spirits to torment classmates at thirteen, I am Fantina's nephew after all. Your son also became a gym leader, so he's living proof of my words. Whatever challenge you have in mind, it won't be enough for the great Shen, manipulator and overseer to all things ghost!"

Flaring up dramatically with his scarf, and pointing to the island outside of the window, Sableye joined the pose...if only for a moment before falling flat on it's face in exhaustion. Shen looked to his fallen partner, who had luckily fainted only after the battle. He looked back with slightly stunted pride toward the island again

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Paeon decided to walk up to Shen and sighed as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Shen... trust me on this... it's not easy. But... then again..." Paeon turned to give his uncle a glare. "Your not a simple child. But yeah... going to do this training means you have to gain a new teammate without use of other Pokemon. While it seems easy... the Pokemon on Iron Island are... extremely arrogant at times."

Paeon then sighed as he thought back to a to a shadowed out figure shooting out a burst of an attack. "Ugh... I'll have to see him again... Hopefully his ego dropped... big time..." He then turned to Byron as he laughed. "Nope. He's still as egotistical as ever."

"*sigh*... This is going to either be a fun time... or an annoying time."

Shen looked back and forth between Byron and Paeon, now that itching curious it's festered up even more.

"I can't help but ask, who is this guy we are meeting anyway? Must be some weird old hermit if he lives on a secluded island like that."

Shen was outwardly courageous of the fact that he could catch a Pokemon without a Pokemon aiding him, but inwardly he was a bit hesitant. He used ghost types to get out of most scraps, but without them he wasn't sure what he could do.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Paeon smiled as his cousins walked over with Neptune. "You're going to meet Mr. Riley Degaro. He's the caretaker of Iron Island and actually was the one to teach us." Paeon then scratched the back of his head. "Actually, Mr. Riley's like an uncle to me because he used to train back with my mom Lithia."

However, his happy mood sunk a bit. "But... Mr. Riley is not... him... He's actually the Pokemon I caught when I worked on the Island... He did help grow out of my shell for Pokemon mainly... but he's such an egotistic Pokemon..."

Candice turned to Shen and smiled. "By the way, if your worrying about your Ghost Type team... don't. I don't use Crobat for my Gym Team... but that doesn't mean she's one main partners. And if your wondering why I know... I went through the same phase. One type won't cut it always. So go out there and have fun!" However, while Candice was talking to Shen, she was slapping his back in playful but still aggressive manner.

Shen glared at her, an odd aura about him as his now Feirce eyes focused right on her as his scarf began to vibrate ghastly like she had just insulted his honored ancestors. He pointed his index finger right up on her face, touching her cheek.

"My family line going down from generations have used ghosts to conquer nations and uproot imperial kingdoms, soley ghost types. You don't know what your talking about at all. Now don't scold someone on something there entire family lines proves you wrong about."

Shen felt passionatly about his family's roots, even though his expression of such seemed a bit heavy. Fantina told him growing up that the spirits would guide him and protect him, and always put his faith in them at a young age. He couldn't help but lashed out against the gym leader for talking down to him.

He then lightened up slightly, a smile growing on his face. "I have a burn heal if you want one."

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Paeon sighed as he stepped between the two. "Alright... break it up! Roark, you bring Candice, Neptune and Uncle Byron to the dock... I'll handle this." As the others left, there were only Paeon and Shen.

"Shen..." Paeon turned to him with a sad smile. "I get it. Your proud of your family roots. To be honest, I'm proud being my mothers child... but when it comes to roots... I can't say that. You already know the story... but my true family roots are evil and twisted. To be honest... I may have gone down the same road if not for my family."

Paeon then smiled at Shen. "I'm sorry if this sounds rude... but don't worry. I know your still one of the best Ghost Type trainers I've ever seen. But hey, that doesn't mean you can't write your own path. You forgot...
Your Shen. Nephew of Gym Leader Fantina and rookie Ghost Type trainer. You're going to be the man who not only brings and end to Spiritomb's wrath and anger, but you'll do it in style."

Paeon put his fist out for a fist-bump. "So... ready to prove that you can do this test blindfolded with your arms tied behind your back?"

At the mention of Spiritomb's name he gave a nervous, not so calm laugh. He almost forgot about the rampaging host he had yet to tame, but was in his possession. But the words Pk said resonated through him. He quickly got his composure back and fixed his scarf back.

"...yeah...yeah! Why of course! I'm Shen, ultimate ghost type evoker! I can beat the challenge of a gym leader who's head is as hard as the element he specializes in."

Shen took the fist bump extended by Paeon and gave one of his signature smirks toward the trainer in front of him.

"Always have been ready. Are you? Or are you going to chicken out?" He teased

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Paeon just laughed. "No way. I'm done with that." With that, the two head to the docks where everyone else is on board a ship. Byron then stepped up to Shen. "Alright, so with this ship we'll be at Iron Island within a half an hour." As the two stepped on board, the anrchor raised and the ship began to travel at decently fast speeds.

Meanwhile on Iron Island...

"Stupid Lucario guy... Why do I have to take this stupid test?!? I just want my poison types back..." As the mystery person began walking, a different shadowed figure looked up to reveal it's eyes.

Back on the ship...

Time had passed as everyone sat down when... "We're here!!!" ...Byron called out to everyone. When everyone walked down the island path, they reached a house. Suddenly, a Lucario jumped out and landed in from of them. "Lucario! Where did yo- Oh! Byron!" Out came a man who had (insert Riley from Pokemon games design).

"Ah Byron, I didn't expect to see you. Who are... wait... are these Candice, Roark and PK?" Paeon just chuckled. "I prefer Paeon now." Riley then smiled before tossing Paeon a Premier Ball. "You know where he'd be." Paeon just sighed and nodded before walking into the cave.

After Paeon left, Byron went and explained the situation to Riley. "Alright... Shen was it? What you'll need to do is leave your Pokemon in my house and then head into the cave with 10 Pokeballs of your choice. Note that you will have to be creative. If you run out of Pokeballs, you have to either find one within the cave or come back to the house to get 5 more. Alright?"

Shen eyed the odd blue coat wearing man. He twitched at the thought of leaving his ghost types. He rarley trusted anyone, let alone a mad he had just met. So he crossed his arms and arched an eyebrow at the him.

"Catching a Pokemon without use of one is one thing, but leaving them to a complete stranger, a hermit on this secluded rock. Name one reason I should trust someone like you."

He squinted when he heard his name and grew more distrusting toward him, looking to Pk for support on this issue, but realized he had already made his way inside. So he turned back to Riley, staring daggers

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
As Paeon continued into the cave he headed down to the lower floors when he heard the sound of an explosion. "...Great... he's fighting something..." Paeon then ran towards the sounds while rocks fell and blocked off the way.

Back with Shen...

Riley chuckled. "Your a ghost type trainer right? Well then, I think you can release your Pokemon without worry. I mainly said that you had to keep your Pokemon at my house because someone else is taking the test."

Byron looked confused. "Really?" Riley smiled. "Yeah, she's in the caves now. But don't worry. Anyways..." Riley pulled out a case with multiple types of Pokeballs. "Pick whichever ones you'd like to use."

Back with Paeon...

"AHHH!!!!" Paeon stopped and sighed. "Great... some else is taking the challenge." As Paeon walked around the corner he bumped into something before said thing turned around. "...Hey buddy..."

"...Magmortar!!!" Paeon saw a Magmortar in front of him. "Man, you evolved to your final stage? Sorry I left after you evolved from Magby." Magmortar just slapped his arm on Paeon's back, sending him into the other figure. "Sorr- ... Are. You. Kidding. Me?!?!?!?"

Paeon just turned to the Magmortar, returned him, then turned to the person in front of him.

Shen shurgged at Riley's words and continued inside. The dark cave before him was echoing with sounds of rubble moving, and sratching. Debuts in the cave shuffled lightly, and pebbles falling from the ceiling was common. The entire save felt alive, even the rocks. On closer inspection they were geodude and traveler hordes sleeping and moving in their sleep.

Shen didn't know where to start, so he moved toward the only structure nearby: a stairwell. He went down the stairs and to the level below. There were rocks hills and stalagmites lining the floors. It was a maze of stone...no wonder Byron and Roark liked it here. Then something caught his eye, a crack in a nearby rock wall. He peered inside, making out the form of some sort of building. It was too small a hole and too dimmly lit to tell what it was.

"Huh...I wonder..."

He was caught off by the loud sound of burrowing. It from under the ground came a large asteelix, rotating it's body like a drill. It roared out a mechanical yawn as it emerged...just then Shen got an an idea.

"Hey, big guy!"

The Steelix turned to face the boy who called him.

"You don't look so tough!"

The Steelix seemed to get angry and roared his drill like head with a groan of frustration.

"Oh yeah? Wanna prove it? Break down that a wall over there!"

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Paeon just glared at the girl who was currently on the ground. "Ugh, who the hell are you anyways?!? Don't you know who I am!? I'm Kiyoko Epatoivo! Inspiring trainer of the Fuchsia City Gym!" Paeon just sighed before turning look the girl in the eye.

"...And I'm Paeon Kanetsu. Rookie Pokemon Caretaker and Failed Experiment... But you know that second one." Kiyoko's eyes widen as she stares at Paeon in fear. "S-s-s-s-so y-your going t-t-to get r-revenge??"

Paeon just stands there, before sitting down across from her. "Nah. I want to talk. I want to know what was going through your head that day... and I want to know what my twin sister has been up to."

Kiyoko just stared as the two sat in silence. "...Fine..."

The Steelix huffed as it shoved it's head into the wall, rotating it wildly. The wall buckled and broke up, a large crevice forming, Steelix breached through the wall and snorted. It turned to Shen with an arrogant glare, Shen feigned suprise.

"Oh my...I didn't think you would do it. I guess you are stronger than I thought, maybe more than most of your kind." He said, putting tha back of his hand dramatically against his forehead. "I've been defeated..."

Steelix screeched triumphantly, digging into another wall, snaking his body inside and tunneling away. Shen then snickered, bringing his hand down. Fool. He walked up to the niw revealed building. It seemed to be an old temple of some sort. Several orbs seemed to decorate the outside. It's language seemed lost to time, very old.

"Now this is getting good."

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo

Paeon just rubbed his fingers in between his eyes. "Let me get his straight... you didn't want to get captured so you betrayed me and acted like an evil person so I wouldn't go after you. Then you were found by the Gym Leader Koga and became the adoptive daughter of him as well as the adoptive sister for Janine. Which you then afterwards became a poison trainer within the gym." Kiyoko just nodded.

"THEN you left for Sinnoh to try and discovered new teammates when you met Shen. You acted like an evil person to Shen so I'd still avoid you. Then you headed to Iron Island where you got wrapped up in Mr. Riley's training before get chased by Magmortar then being found by me. Is that everything?" Kiyoko nodded before...

*BONK!*

"Owww...." Paeon just glared at Kiyoko. "I'll believe you for now... but I don't trust you. And it is very difficult to have me not trust someone." Kiyoko just looked back up at Paeon. "For years I've been afraid of everyone and everything due to being a wreck. I was in pain and without my parents, Roy, Dawn, Shen, Uncle Byron, Mr. Riley, Roark... heck, even Candice. Without them, I don't know where I'd be."

Alina ran through the terrain trying not to look back. The buzzing of Beedril could be heard behind her at Litwick bounced up and down, trying to hang long as long as she could. "Someone help!" She screamed as she tripped to the ground, now surrounded by the bug types

Shen apprehensively walked into the building. The floor was strangly...mettalic somehow. It looked made out of a hard rock but it didn't feel it. The lettering on the wall began to light up the deeper he went in. He didn't know the deeper meaning of the words, or if they were words at all. If he he were to release Sableye he could see through the darkness ahead, but he hinted the rules that Riley had said to obey in this challenge.

Statues began to appear to line the walls the deeper he strode inside. It seemed a lot longer than he had looked on the outside. Grey playing started to replace the rocky walls as it seemed to be more futuristic. Every step he took was shown lighting up on the ground.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Paeon just sighed as he watched Kiyoko fail again to catch a Pokemon. "It's a Zubat... How can you NOT catch a Zubat!?!" Kiyoko turned and glared. "Shut up! I don't want to do this!"

Paeon continued to watch as her sister failed again and again. "Alright... how many Pokemon did you have?" Kiyoko looked down. "...three..." Paeon then walked over and lifted her head to look him in the eye. "And they are?" "...My starter, Ivysaur... and Haunter & Weezing who... were... gifts..."

Paeon groaned. "Great... you act all tough but your a rookie." "Shut up!" As Kiyoko's scream echoed through the cave, a Golbat came flying down to attack Kiyoko when... "...Zen Headbutt." Metagross appeared and sent the Golbat flying.

Paeon the turned to his sister with a stern look. "When we find your Pokemon... I'm going to be training you to get ready to fight Mr. Riley... Because your gonna need to convince me your ready."

Shen entered a large room, much bigger than any of the others that he saw when he he was in. It was open, several statues lining the walls, seeming to be holding swords of some kind. The large statues were also portrayed on a mural in the back, showing them being lead in thousands in a grand army. Leading the army were three figures, a steel one, one covered in crystals, and one made of stone.

Placed near the mural in the back were three empty pedestals, looking similar to the three figures in the mural.

Must have actually have been alive, guess they moved on from this place a long time ago.

There was a doorway in the back, attached to the wall the pedestals were facing. She couldn't help but follow where it lead. He walked inside the old doorway. On the other side seemed to be a massive formation of the massive statues like ones on the mural, all formed up liked soldiers. They all carried what looked like swords and shields, some of them kneeling and others standing.

"What the..."