1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Ruby Help

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by MegaCameruptFTW, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I am currently just before the elite four in pokemon ruby and i need help. I cant beat the elite four because of my team here as follows:

Sceptile lv40
    Rock Smash
    Screech
    Leaf Blade
    Strength

Gardevoir lv41
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Flash
    Thunderbolt

Hariyama lv42
    Rock Tomb
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Bulk up

Swellow lv41
    Aerial Ace
    Steel Wing
    Fly
    Return

Camerupt lv38
    Amnesia
    Rock Slide
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake

Sharpedo lv37
    Ice Beam
    Waterfall
    Crunch
    Surf

where can i level them up quickly? Grinding against Sidney is so boring and i swear i have beaten every trainer and have the exp.share

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong place. In that case do you think you could move it for me?

#1 MegaCameruptFTW, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  2. Your levels are bit low for the Elite four and your moves on your Pokemon aren`t very strong because some have Hms, I would fly to the move deleter, delete some of those HMs, add new moves to replace the old ones, and then level up within victory road so you can get stronger.

3. uh, can you maybe give me some specific examples?

4. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Frankly, your move composition in-game barely even matters. Just level-grind your team some more.

5. okay then. Those players who started with x and y better apreciate that they upgraded the experience share. Guess i will i have to grind against sidney for days on end, why did they design the game like that? That just seems so ridiculous doesnt it?

6. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast

It's a JRPG, grinding is built into the formula - if you don't like it, this is the wrong franchise for you :p

Go beat any trainers you haven't battled yet, fight any recurring events you can. It's not hard to level up, and shouldn't even take that long.

7. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Ignore my post if you've already beaten the Elite 4. However, assuming that you haven't...

I'd pretty much second everything that Rkwingman said here. Head to Victory Road and level up there. You can also take advantage of the Trainer's Eye to see who's ready to battle again.

Your movesets are actually pretty decent for in-game so there's not a whole lot I could suggest there, but it certainly doesn't hurt to get rid of the HMs and replace them with better attacks. Anything you put on would be useful so just cycle through your TM collection and see what each of your Pokemon can learn, then give them moves that will improve your team's overall type coverage. Also keep in mind that Gardevoir can learn Moonblast via the Move Relearner.

Failing all of that, abuse your Mega Stones relentlessly. :up:

8. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

Except their problem was re: Ruby, not OMEGA Ruby, Katie. XD

Either way, the idiot got banned by now, making this rather moot anyway. Lock'd!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.