• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PokeMon: RP Edition - Hoenn Version Subsite Launched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wheeee! I checked out the site and love it! Great job, Stel! Can't wait until you add somemore Fun Facts n' stuff ^__^

Btw - the banner rules ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You forgot Raab's Poochyena :p.

And the fact that Wurmple isn't Raab's most recent capture, Corphish is. Either way, still coolies. I really love the portrait pics.

The splash of colour added does it well too. ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yes... Well... I kinda forgot about Corphish until the last minute, so... ^_^;;

I'll have to update that as soon as I get home. ^_^

Edit: Updated. I don't have a pic for teh pooch yet, and i'm too tired to make it. Tomorrow. (nods)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I never knew "Destiny" involved Raab. I'm gonna have to read it one of these days :D

The page just keeps getting better and better. I can't even begin to explain how cool the profiles look. When are we gonna get a Ryna picture? ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
AWESOME!!!
... Dude, stop making me act like a giddy school girl (aka. myself) everytime I see your new stuff. I'm gonna sound like a broken record soon :D

I wanna see what you cook up for me ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Update... At long freakin' last, the long awaited (Yeah, Right) Katie/Tsunami Wallpaper is completed and up. Whee. ^_^.

Now get the actual RP rolling, my friends, lest I shalt unleash a host of raging cows upon your collective posteriors. xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Errr... It's his fault! *Slaps a target sign on Gary's back and runs*

*Suddenly returns* Forgot something. Gimmie that picture! *Bounces off to see it* ^__^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We have a boo-boo! Chapter 15 doesn't fully load. It must've gotten cut off somehow when you were uploading the page.

I've also been wondering something. Can we make a page of the Rising Helix members who've appeared? It'd help me keep track of their traits - looks, Pokemon, etc. - without having to skim back through the story everytime ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sounds good ^^

Looking back through the story two things stood out to me:

(a) Along with his hair, Nick was first described having abnormal looking green eyes. Did I keep up with that?

(b) We ran into a cloacked figure with "piercing blue eyes" at the entrance of Petalburg. Whether its another Rising Helix member or someone totally different has yet to be mentioned. Funny enough, though, those are the exact same words I used to describe Kaji's eyes. Guess "piercing" and "blue" just go together, eh? :p

This is why I gotta read back through the story. Its been going so long that I'm forgetting important plot points. Although, the eyes comment about the cloaked guy and Kaji is featured in the same chapter ^_^;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah... Who IS the blue-eyed menace? Hnnn...

I've put together a sketch of a Rising Helix Alakazam... And I'm trying to figure out a pic of their uniform. I'll try to finish the RH page tomorrow.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Pokes* I'm assuming it's server move related, but the RP site link isn't working for me.

Help? o.o
I kinda need to read back through a few parts before I can make a decent reply ^^;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I haven't put it back up yet.

I'm sure you can understand that it's not exactly on the same priority level as getting the main site up and going and then the forums.

^^

I'll make a note and get it uploaded at the weekend.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Got it in one. :-p

Lol, no seriously - since it's only really used by us 3 and others who pick up on it (I'll have to put a link onto the sidebars on the main page now that the random banner ads have gone), it really wasn't as vital as the rest.

I've added the new subdomain anyway, should have it up tommorow.

^^

Oh, which reminds me - I have to set up a seperate FTP account for it Stel, I'll need a password you want to use for it, so PM it to me.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
UPDATE! O_O

Well, aside from (finally!) finishing that Rising Helix Alakazam picture and uploading it (there's a new link in the Rising Helix page), We have a new section added to the website - Prelude Stories! This features, so far, only Raab's prelude story (Destiny) and Gad's new prelude story (Reminiscence), but, should the mood strike, I'll throw in some more stuffs. ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome updates, Stel. Even if the RP may never move again, its still cool having it all in one place like that - especially since the original forums are long gone ^^

We worked on it for so many years... I doubt there'll ever be another RP quite like it. For something that only reached the second gym, so much happened... So much character development over a few days! XD

RPs are amusing like that...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumping to ask a question...

I was going back over this topic and I think it was agreed on by the majority of people that summing up a dead topic is a good way to officially finish it off. That way people can go on with the same characters in other RPs and not worry about plot holes in the time line.

My question then is, do we want to take some sort of similar action with the Hoenn RP? I mean... it's just sitting there, doing nothing, and chances are it never will do anything ever again. If we actually flashed forward and summed up the events we always planned to have happen, we'd be better off and able to use those characters again the way they were intended to be used. Personally, I liked my character, and I would like to use her again if possible, but right now that's kind of impossible =/

I know the biggest issue with this is the "what if we decided to pick up the topic again in the future?", though chances are it'd just be me and Stel RPing it anyways. In truth, though, as long as what we RP'd still stayed true to our 'flash forwarded' summed up posts, we wouldn't be causing any inconsistencies in the time line. It'd just be like RPing for those characters in the past and fleshing out the details of the events.

Thoughts...? I just don't want my character to die off, and once I have DP in my hands I'll probably be inclined to use a future version of her anyways. Having the chance to explain how she got where she is now would be beneficial...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yah... About time we let this topic have its proper burial. I am at the moment working on a post that sums my experiences up from the point we left off and on. Just to seal the deal on this version of Gad and allow myself to focus more on Teh local Sylvanhart. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'll do the same as soon as you're done, just so I can work off some of your plot points.

Anyways, I'm glad you're on board with the idea. Whether Alex decides to write up a similar post is up to him. If not, we generally have a good idea what Raab's destiny was ;)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just to clean up our stickies a bit, I'm going to unsticky this as the original url has long since died. If it ever goes back up again and you'd like to re-stickify it, feel free to do so, but I think by that point we'd have other options available to us to advertise the page =)

Status
Not open for further replies.