• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
"Not just suggesting-" Robin felt a sudden shiver go up his spine, and he looked around the restaurant. Having years of looking back over his shoulder, Robin would always get a feeling when someone was watching him. And yet, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Only a waiter clearing a few tables. Well, sometimes he was wrong. Robin turned back to Gitana, still speaking in a hushed voice.

"I'm not just suggesting. I have a strong feeling about this. When I found this, back in Unova, I did some research. That Jolly Roger there is the mark of the Pirate Captain John James Carson. They would call him John James the Whip, because he would always carry around a whip and use it with incredible skill." Robin said, his face beaming with excitement. "The thing is, though, that he and his crew went missing, along with all their loot. But before they went missing, John James was recorded to have bragged about finding some sort of 'lost paradise'. Now, if you take a look at this map..."
Robin flattened the parchment to take a better look.
"This is clearly before Akala, or maybe even all of Alola, had any touch from the outside world. No towns, no cities, no nothing. And even nowadays, Alola could be called a paradise."
Robin pointed at a line on the map leading from a point on the shore to a part inland. Whoever made this map was quite detailed, drawing a mountain on the northeast side of the island and a bay to the south.
"Now, the trail starts here, close to Heahea City, actually. It then goes up and stops here, on the side of the mountain as it looks. That could be, eh..." Robin thought back, trying to remember what he had seen on an actual map in Alola. "Volcano Park, I think it's called?"

"Wela Volcano Park, I believe," Gitana answered, "One of the trial captains hosts his trial up there, so if there's any lost paradise to be found, he's likely to know something about it. Or at least, give us some more information."

The elite popped one of her puntellitas in her mouth, biting into the batter. "Sounds like an exciting endeavour, all in all."

Daniel continued swimming to his Blastoise."This is truly awful"Daniel said sadly.And as Daniel was talking,his Bag slipped into the Water."NOOOO!"Daniel yelled as he dove into the water to get his bag.Daniel avoided the water type Pokemon and grabbed his Bag.Daniel saw that his Computer and Phone and his Berry pack and other items were drenched."Ohhhhhhh NOOO!!"Daniel shouted.

Daniel Finally saw land.But he had realized he went the wrong way.Daniel took off his hat and totally Destroyed his forehead with it.Then he put it back on.Daniel switched from Fro to Milo and told Milo to Transport him, Because Milo is faster.A little while later Daniel encountered A shiny Gyarados."Oh my God"Daniel muttered.

"Milo,Dragon tail!"Daniel commanded Milo.Milo Leaped up,which sent Daniel in a Backflip.Milo slapped the wild Gyarados in the face with it's tail.Gyarados countered with hyper Beam.Milo Dodged it with it's slim Body."Ok,now Giga impact!"Daniel yelled.Milo charged at Gyarados with all it could Muster.And Gyarados fell it the water,Which was time for escape.But Milo has to recharge it's energy.Daniel waited for 1 minute before escaping.Daniel made it back to the Island in no time.But Daniel's eyes were watery with tears as he went back to the Beach.

"Give us more information?" Robin said jokingly, folding up the map. He raised an eyebrow as he slipped the map back into his bag. "Why, madam, I never said that you would be coming too."
Robin said this, but it was quite clear that the swordsman was joking. Reaper looked at her trainer, then rolled her eyes.
"That is, unless you'd like to come along...?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Gitana purred, "If nothing else, it'd be a more interesting way to spend my vacation. I'm getting pretty bored of all the sun, sea, and sand, and I've only been here two days, plus, rearranging my flight for sooner is going to a royal pain in the ass. So, why nit head out on this adventure?"

Robin smiled.
"Okay then. What say we just head out after we finish eating, eh?" Robin asked, cutting off another piece of Calzone. "It should take about a day to hike there from here, so, actually, it might be good to pack first. If you need to. I'm all set to go, like always."
Robin patted his backpack, then a thought occured to him.
"Except for my sword, that is." He said.

"I'll need to get my pokemon, and the rest of my things before we go, but otherwise, I think I'm all set," she replied, finishing the last of her sopa de ajo, "Wild pokemon on the way up shouldn't be a problem, but other trainers recognising me might. Be prepared to have people stop me and ask for a battle!"

"Yeah, well I'll just say they'll have to go through me first. I need the money." Robin said jokingly. In reality, though, he needed the money. Being a wanderer wasn't exactly a profitable business.
"So, we meet back at the entrance of Heahea city?" Robin asked, taking another bite of his Calzone. He slid the Coca-Cola into his bag, since was wasn't quite hungry right now. "What time would you be ready?"

"I'll need about an hour or so to get my things all together, and change into something more appropriate for trekking up into the mountains, but apart from that, I think I'm all set," she replied, "I'll meet you there, I suppose."

"Sounds like a plan!" Robin said. "I'll see you then."

50 minutes later, Robin was reclining by the entrance to Heahea City. He had managed to get his sword from the hotel room, and was just waiting at the moment. He was looking at a map of Akala, trying to figure out the quickest path to Wela Volcano Park, when Q teleported next to his trainer.
"Lade, lade." The Gallade said, nudging his trainer's foot. Robin looked up at Q, who extended and sheathed his elbow blades. Taking a glance at the time, Robin shrugged.
"Eh. Why not." Robin said, shrugging off his backpack and standing up. Q grinned confidently, taking off the strange DBZ scanner-like device and tossing it aside as well. The Pokemon and trainer stood a few pages apart from each other, and Robin drew his ninjato.
"Ready?" Robin asked, taking a stance. Q took a similar one, extending his elbow blades. The Gallade nodded. "On guard!"

Pokemon and trainer lunged at each other, their blades ringing out. This swordfighting session was quite common between Q and Robin, and sometimes even Sam and Robin. It was a teaching tool for Q, to help his Gallade think more independently in battle. And boy, was it paying off. Q started to drive Robin back with a multitude of slashing attacks, forcing the swordsman to go on the defensive. It was quite clear that both were very skilled.

"My, my, am I interrupting something?"

Gitana was stood, traveller's trunk in hand, having missed the start of the display, with her Magmortar at her side. Her hair had been taken down, and she sported a light blue, sleeveless minidress, with black opague tights underneath, and brown heeled boots. It wasn't the most sensible hiking outfit, but it was the closest to one she had.

Robin and Q had locked blades when Gitana had appeared. Against the superior Gallade's strength, Robin was straining and didn't have time really to respond. Q, to be honestThe swordsman suddenly unlocked his blade and darted by the Gallade as it stumbled forward.
"Alright, that's enough." Robin said. The Gallade looked a little disappointed, then sheathed his elbow blades. Robin sheathed his sword as well, and Q put his device back on. It was a clear piece of green material that covered his left, resembling that of a power scanner from Dragon Ball Z.
"Gitana, this is my Gallade, Q. Q, this is Gitana." Drake said. Q bowed slightly, then went over to inspect the Magmortar. The Gallade couldn't help but to give the Magmortar a cocky smile and swagger a little bit.

"So, you ready to go?" Robin asked, putting his backpack on. He looked quite excited for this treasure hunt.

The elite trainer glanced down haughtily at the creature, as it studied her magmortar. Magmortar himself, meanwhile, huffed at Q's display, crossing his arms.

"Mag, magmortar, (I remember last week, when I met a particularly cocky one of your kind...And I flambeèd him with my flamethrower, so watch your step!)"

Gitana, meanwhile, was eager to get going. "Of course. So, what's our first brilliant plan, in this treasure quest?"

Q's smirk grew at the Magmortar's trash talk, and he eagerly extended and sheathed his elbow blades.
"Lade, lade..." <You seem pretty tough. Wanna go at it?> Q said.

"Our first plan? Follow the map!" Robin said. He noticed Q was starting to get a bit antsy, and returned the Gallade to his Pokeball. Q looked a little disappointed before disappearing into the Pokeball. Robin sighed. Always trying to pick a fight... Taking the pirate's map, he flipped it open and looked at it in comparison with the tourist map of Akala. "Now, the pirate's path went straight from where we are to the side of the volcano, but for us it looks like it would require a bit of bushwhacking. So instead, we should take Route 6 to Royal Avenue, then Route 7 to Wela Volcano park and look around there."
Robin looked up from the map.
"How does that sound to you?" Robin asked.

"Like the most sensible option, if you ask me," she responded, "Avoiding the off-road parts of this journey would save us some time, and the possibility of running into wild pokemon, if nothing else."

She eyed her magmortar with a stony gaze, returning him to his ball. "And somebody gets a little too heated, if he sees a wild pokemon approach me..."

She stuffed the pokeball in a tote bag, stepping ahead. "Let's be off then! A lost paradise awaits!"

He saw The two leave, and Nodded toward his Lurantis. He cleared the Final table for the Night, and He then took a Boat to Akala. He spotted the Two and Dived for some Nearby Bushes. His lurantis Followed. The Lurantis Made the Bushes Shake, and He hushed them. The Bushes Still shook as They Followed the Pair. "Yea, Talk your Mouth's off...Make's My part Easy." he thought, as He continued to Creep through the Bushes. The Lurantis Made the Bushes Shake Wildly Now, and made even more noise then before. The lurantis crawled through the Bushes Faster Than Twain could. It seemed Urged to Battle the Duo. Twain sent out Kro, and Pointed at the Duo. The Honchkrow then Nodded and Flew Above them. "KRRRROOOOO!" the Creature Bellowed, as It headed straight for the two. Meanwhile, Lurantis Jumped from the Bushes to Ambush them, along with the Giant Bird.

I am so bored
Name: Gabrielle
Sexuality: Pansexual
Traits: She is a nervous train-wreck. She twitches a whole lot and has social awkwardness to the ultimate level. She is very close with her Drifloon And mom. She hates battling and sees it as a waste of time and energy.
Hobbies: Gaming, Writing, climbing trees, collecting shells
Pokemon: Drifloon (Cumulus), Beartic (Tip), Liligant (Happy)

Role-play:
Gabe walked down the beach as her Drifloon pointed out different shells to collect. Gabe picked them up slowly and set them in her bag. She had long black hair and mixed skin. She had freckles littering her cheeks and arms. She wore a blue crop top under overalls and no shoes. She spotted a boy on the beach with a Milotic. She awkwardly stood and stared.

Can't believe I'm really this bored. xD
Name: TJ
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Traits: Determined, optimistic, creative, adventurous, and special (A.K.A: odd)
Hobbies: Playing guitar, drawing, gaming, exploring, really interested in history.
Pokèmon: Garchomp, Salamence, Haxorus, Noivern, Dragonair, and Umbreon.

TJ was walking around looking for people to talk to, or battle with. But couldn't find anyone. It felt like everyone had just left, or had something better to do than just hang out. He sent out his Pokèmon to play, and sat next to a tree, with his guitar and drawing book. He opened his bag and pulled out a Pokèmon History book.

Name: Bailey Liam Grant
Sexuality: Bisexual/ Gayromantic
Traits: Shy but a skilled battler
Hobbies: Sketching, Training, Cooking
Pokemon: His Raichu [Kantonian] (Voltage), Lucario (Aura), Lycanroc-Dusk (Barker), Greninja (Sasuke), Sceptile (Blade), and Salamence (Draco)
----------------------------------------------------------

Bailey stepped outside, his black z-ring clamped to his wrist. On his first week back to Alola after months of being away, the trainer headed toward the nearest battlefield where he could train his pokemon for the Alola League. "Alright everyone...you know the drill right?" The pokemon all nodded. "Good."