• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Rise of Aether

Zorro saw the Gabite and decided to be a complete meanie-head (10/2 for greatest insult). He walked over, used his illusion powers to become a Crabrawler and pinched Gabite's tail. He knew he was going to get into huge trouble for this, but he wanted to mess with the most temperamental creature ever.

Glace saw what he was doing, but didn't bother saving him, as it was his grave he's digging up. Angel didn't notice what was going on, due to watching in wonderment and in slight... Disturbance as to what she just saw. She was obviously not used to seeing someone suck their own blood. She then thought that maybe she should offer at least some sanitation, since the human's mouth is extremely dirty and filled with bacteria, no matter how many times one brushed their teeth throughout the day.

She then decided to reply to everyone about the location of the Pokemon Center, and then to Vee afterwards: "I know where it is. It's in Hau'oli City. I can take you all there. And don't deny my help, lady. You need the sanitation because a human's mouth has tons of bacteria, no matter how many times you shove fluoride into your mouth, which is toothpaste. And my medicine is all herbs. You won't be wasting my supplies, since I'll either buy them or find them from the wild. Plus, my father works for the Silph Co. in Kalos as a branch company, so we have a lot of money."

Vee was a bit puzzled at her worry. Was it completely strange for someone to have a tiny cut, panic, and lick the blood away? She didn't think so... Maybe she took the phrase "Suck it up" too literally?
Now feeling odd and completely out of place, the girl ducked her head in embarrassment.
Gabite was having an even worse time. As soon as the jolt of claws nicked his tail, he roared and immediately swung around, smacking the blur of life away and perhaps to the ground. He growled softly at the Crabrawler.
You'll regret that, kid. he hissed, but all it sounded like to his human companion was "Bite! Gabite, gr."
(There was a roleplay I was in where, amidst the human drama, their Pokemon partners could communicate as Pokemon can, and it was some of the most fun I've had in a while.)
Vee spun around at the sound of Gabite's bellow. Not out of pain, she assumed, but frustration.
"Kaiju!" she yelped, shoving by.
"I'm- so sorry-." she managed to Angel, looking up at her with eyes that really did say "OH-GOD-I'M-SO-SORRY", and at Kaiju with eyes that pretty much read "You're-So-Dead".

Angel then looked at her now disguised Zorro, and then began to giggle. "I'm so sorry. I should've warned you that my Zorro likes to use his illusion powers to scare and prank others. He absolutely loves to prank and scare Pokemon who could seriously hurt him though...." She then glared at the Crabrawler, who then ignored her by staring at the Gabite, almost challenging him.

In a form of chat for vulpines, called gekkering (which sounds a lot like a slightly high tone and ahck-ahck-ahch. Basically chit-chat for foxes), in the Crabrawler form, he said: "Bring it on. I can become your worst nightmare!" With that, Zorro transformed into a Beartic (which is 8'06"), growling menacingly at the Gabite.

Angel sighed, not wanting to have a battle right now. She decided to put him in his Poke Ball, since she's had enough of his antics. She took a ball from her purse and pushed the button, causing a red beam to shoot toward Zorro, encasing him in a red energy, destroying his illusion, and swallowing him back into his confines. She then asked for Glace to go back in her ball before anything bad happens, which she agreed to and was swallowed by her ball.

She sighed and hoped she could stay awake, as her lids began to droop, but she shook her head, trying so hard not to sleep in front of them. She didn't notice Vee's embarrassment, but she did notice the look Vee gave her Gabite and chuckled. She then asked: "What is everyone's names, by the way? I'm Angelia, but you can call me Angel." She then invited for Jay, Vee, and everyone else to join her over to Hau'oli City to go to a PokeCenter.

Alani was having second thoughts one she approached the bridge that lead to The Ruins of Conflict. It seemed old and rickety. Popplio happily went ahead of her and soon she chased after it. “ Whoa! Slow down! This bridge seems like it’s gonna collapse at moment.”

Suddenly, just as Alani said that, one of the ropes that was holding the bridge up snapped. She held tightly onto Popplio as she tried to run to the other side before the bridge collapses. “ I TOTALLY JINXED IT! “

"Uh, right." he said as he slowly took the Pikipek with closed cupped hands. As the Pikipek woke up, it started pecking at his hand. OW! he said in his head as he was trying to refrain from being a total wimp. Once he reached the Pokemon Center, he said, "Here! Take it!" he put down the Pikipek, which was fretting in all directions. Nurse Joy took the Pokemon into the back room. Jay panted as he walked to a seat to check his bleeding hand. "God..." he said. That thing'll be fierce in battle, that's for sure... Napalm jumped off his head and took a nap on his lap.

Luckily Alani managed to make it to the other side somehow with only a few cuts and scrapes. She was so glad that Popplio didn’t get hurt during all of this. “ I’m so sorry buddy, I should of stayed with the others!” Popplio was actually laughing and clapping. It enjoyed all the adrenaline that it experienced from this whole event. “ You dare devil you.” Alani couldn’t help but grin at her Pokemon.

“Pop, Popplio!” Poppilo went around in circles, happily using Bubble Beam on it’s trainer, which caused her to fall down on the ground laughing. The both of them were gonna get along just fine. Now how on earth are they supposed to get back to the other side? There must be some kind of path around...right?

(Mei, aren't you like, supposed to be saved by Tapu Koko or something? xD)

Nurse Joy called to him to receive his Pokemon. She said it looked like it had already been healed, and that in order to be healed fully, she needed great protection. Jay thanked her and went outside again. Jay pulled a Poke Ball out of his pocket. He thought for a moment. Then he shook his head. It shouldn't force it to join me. he thought as he ran to the bridge that lay before the ruins. "Hey, I'm comi--" He was interrupted by falling. Luckily, he held onto a cliff and Napalm held onto his leg. But he dropped the Pikipek! It was already headed to the bottom of the waterfall. Napalm couldn't save him, he was a Fire-Type! Think, think... it was still fast asleep, but by the time it would wake up, it'd be a goner!

Hal walked up to the bridge to the ruins of conflict. "Hey, what's up," he started to say as he saw the Pikipeck fall down. "Oh, no!" Rocky, his rockruff, looked down as well. He whimpered as the pokemon fell. Hal turned to Jay. "You got a pokeball? If so, THROW!"

(Oh, I missed that part. Sorry.)
"Sorry!" He said, dropping down reaching out a hand to help him up. Rocky bit down onto his shirt, and started to pull up as well. "This shirt doesn't taste good." The two pulled Jay up onto the cliff.

"Thanks." said Jay. "But if I throw the Pokeball, how do I get it back?" he asked. All of a sudden, a figure swooped down, caught the Pikipek, and brought it back to Jay. The figure hovered in front of him. "So much for great protection..." said Jay.

(You need admin permission for a legend/mythical)
Hal grinned at the sight. "Nice, what luck?" He said. Rocky, who had torn off some clothe while pulling up, spit it out off the cliff. "So, what happened to the bridge?" He asked Jay.

Hal looked from one direction to the other. "Is there another path to there? What is over there anyway?" He asked the other trainer. "Also, the names Hal. What's yours?"

"Oh, I'm Jay." said Jay. "Well, I guess I should just slowly...make my way across..." Jay slowly made his way across the bridge with some planks missing. He put the baby Pikipek on his head for Napalm to protect and held onto the ropes tightly.

(Shoot, true! lol)

Alani noticed Jay and another boy on the other side. " Hey! I'm kinda stuck here!" How was she going to get out of this mess? She examined her surroundings and something caught her eye. There was this Stufful sleeping on a giant rock. " Hmm....?"

(No double...triple posting, please)

Once Jay got across, he took the baby Pikipek off his head carefully. It was sleeping soundly in his hands. Napalm hopped down to his shoulders and looked at the Pikipek as if it was their own child.

Hal then took his turn to walk over. Rocky jumped onto his back as well as he walked. "Ruins it is then." He said. After making it across, "Do you plan on catching it?" He asked Jay.

Jay looked at Hal. "I'm not gonna force it to battle. Apparently its wing was hurt pretty badly, so it'll be a while until it recovers. Also, to answer your question, probably. It's very fierce, so it'll be good use in battle. I'm still trying to recover from the scratch it gave me..." said Jay. He said probably because he was hiding the fact that he had a very soft spot for this baby Pikipek and Napalm.

(Please don't triple post. You might get this thread deleted.)

Alani kneeled down next to the Stufful and she couldn't believe how cute it was. She thought that Stuffuls were most common in Akala Island? " I have to catch it!"Popplio clapped in agreement. It wanted another member for the team. " Popplio!" The Stufful opened its eyes and yawned. It sensed that someone was watching it. " Stuff?"

"Heya, I'm Alani!" Alani greeted loudly, making the poor Stufful startled.

Jay turned to Alani and made an extremely squinted face. Oh, COME. ON. Two girls have already gotten friends faster than I have! he looked at his sleeping baby Pikipek. And this thing already hates me!

The Stufful started to growl at the tanned girl while it backed away from her. This couldn't be a good sign huh? Alani smiled and reached out her hand towards it. " It's okay...I'm your friend. Popplio is too!" Just as she thought she finally made some progress with the Pokemon it decided to bite her hand. " O-Ouch!"

"Stufful!" Stufful frowned and looked the other way. This was going to be tougher then Alani thought.

Jay walked over to Alani. "Aha. Ahaha. You're obviously faking this. It's a bear, give it some meat, it'll like that." Jay said jokingly, knowing his advice is extremely inaccurate and that she should find another way.

Alani pouted and began to look through her bag. She had a few Masaladas that she could give it. She set them down on the rock and started to wait patiently. Popplio, of course, was laughing at it's trainer's failure. " Why do Pokemon bully me...?" She asked mumbling quietly to herself. " Jay, how many Pokémon have you caught so far?"

Hal scoffed off the meat comment. "That's not true, obviously." He said. Walking up to Alani, "Be yourself. Works every time." He said in a cheerful voice. Rocky slid down Hal's back and barked playfully at Napalm.

Jay looked at his baby Pikipek. "Uh...none..." he replied. "A...chew toy maybe?" he suggested, trying to change the subject. Napalm tilted his head curiously.

Angel guided them to Hau'oli City, and left them to figure out how to deal with the Pikipek, since it is the guy's Pokemon. She actually went to Vee (regardless if she followed or not), and offered to help her with her cut. She would've done the same for the guy, but he left in such a hurry she couldn't help him. She unzipped her sparkly purse and pulled out a weird paste in a baggy. This green paste was made from healing herbs. She held out her hand, silently, asking for Vee's hand.

" Ahaha! We're pretty much in the same boat then!" Alani laughed at Jay and then looked at Hal. " Who are you? I'm sure we haven't met yet." Stufful jumped back on the rock and sniffed the Masaladas. " You think Stufful will take the bait?" The bear Pokémon certainly did take the bait, it was chowing down hard on the treats. " Here's my chance, now to get a Pokeball and-" Wait...she didn't bring any Pokeballs with her...oh no.

Jay looked at Hal. And flashed him a look that said: Dude. Give her one of yours. He's already given Alani enough himself, and didn't want anything else to come out of it.

Alani sighed. Man, she's turning out to be the worst trainer ever. Once Stufful was done eating, it went over Popplio and they started to play together. Maybe there was still a chance? " What kind of trainer forgets Pokeballs?!"

Jay rolled his eyes and put the baby Pikipek on his head again. He pulled out a Poke Ball, spun it around, and offered it to Alani. "Here. Take one of mine. I was gonna save it for the Pikipek, but..."

Isaac saw the girl across the- broken bridge? He brought out one of his Pokemon to get her back. "Go, Noivern!" Isaac said as the dragon/flying type roared with power. "Okay girl, lets go." he said. Noivern flew as fast as ever. In no time, they were there. "Hi. Ned some help?" Isaac asked as he got off of his Noivern's back.

(Would have responded to the pokeball thing, but real life got in the way)
Hal grinned at the pokeball question. When Jay offered the ball, he put his hand over it and pushed it back to him. He stepped forward and handed Alani a pokeball of his own. "Here, and the name's Hal." He said. "Now catch that Stufful!"

Yes! Jay gladly held his hand back and put his Poke Ball back. "I'll meet you guys at the Ruins." said Jay as he walked through the forest of palm trees when something caught his eye. A small...white and green object. A round, plump object. And it was cracked. It was an egg...but it was extra small. He still felt his baby Pikipek sleeping soundly on his head. Was this his egg? I can't keep it on my head forever... he sighed and carefully picked up the cracked egg. He opened it, and tucked the Pikipek inside. "This is just for the time being, little guy." he whispered as he patted her head and closed the top of the egg, and it magically sealed together. He put the egg in the pocket opposite from his Poke Balls. In the same pocket was his iPod. He pulled it out and played a song he kept for a long time, called "Cliffhanger" it didn't have any lyrics, just pure music for about 4 minutes as he walked to the stairs of the ruins.

Alani took the Pokeball and grinned. She made her way over to the Stufful, kneeling down. “ Hey, you seem to really like my Popplio. You guys can play together all you want if you come with me. I promise it will be fun!” Stufful put it’s paws on her knees and looked her in the eyes. Yes! It’s gonna work! “ Let’s all be friends, okay?”

“Stufful.” The Stufful agreed while pressing the button on the Pokeball to go in. Alani then jumped up and down in joy. She almost wanted to hug someone! “ Hal, I did it!”

Popplio noticed the trainer and his Noivern landing. “ Popplio!” It wandered towards them. “ Pop!”

"Hello. Couldn't help but notice the bridge being destroyed with you on the other side. I can take you back if you'd like." Isaac offered. The Popplio that noticed them land was now playing with Noivern. Noivern was always like a mother figure to the rest of his Pokemon.

Alani shook her head. “ It’s okay, I was planning on going inside the ruins. You can come along if you want, Oh! I’m Alani by the way!” She then headed towards the stairs of the ruins with Popplio happily following her. Jay could be seen up ahead listening to his music, hmm...should Alani scare him or not?

(AGHHH WHY DOES REALITY HATE ME SO MUCH)

Opal smiled at Sky as she picked up her Trainer's newly caught Pichu. Pichu was a male, the Rotom Dex had told her that much, and was very much on the playful side. He made a sound that sounded like laughter and squirmed. Opal didn't notice the sparks gathering near his cheeks until Sky dropped him. Fortunately, the avian Grass type was hovering just over her head, so she was able to catch her sparky friend. "Spark," she said, "How's that sound to you?"

"Chu!" Spark said happily, and skittered up Opal's shoulder. They were travelling to the Ruins of Conflict. Opal had been there before, having lived a few years on the outskirts of Hau'oli City, and wanted to show her Pokemon the site. She saw another person climbing the stairs...he was the boy that got the Litten, if she wasn't mistaken.

"Hey!" she called, waving and quickening her pace. "Weren't you one of the people that just got a Pokemon?"

Jay turned around. "Oh, hey!" he waved back. "Uh, yeah, this is Napalm. I named him after a game weapon. He seemed pretty interested in that, so..." he said. He turned off his music and took the headphones around his neck.

"Well it's nice to meet you both. I'm Isaac." he introduced. "Sure I'd love to explore the ruins. Noivern and I love visiting places like this. We visited the Relic Castle in Unova a few years ago." he informed.