• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Rise of Aether

Four kids start their Pokémon adventure, and it starts out fine...until they find out the mysteries of Solgaleo's and Lunala's disappearance. Will they find out the mystery, all the while becoming the greatest trainers in Alola? Or will their Pokémon fall at the defeat of a mysterious organization?

RULES:
-Please please PLEASE, DON'T be edgy. Remember kids, only YOU can prevent edgy characters in role play!
-Being the weirdo I am, I SUPPORT SHIPS. It doesn't even have to be WITH me.
-Say a SINGLE move that can break through Protect and I will charge up my kicking foot!
-These trainers are about the equal as the gifted trainer in Sun/Moon. Meaning they CAN access Z-Moves...but not until they're halfway through.
-I control the NPCs.
To let me know you've read the rules, say DOOPLISS.

CHARACTER SHEET:
Name: Jay
Appearance: Alola Flames straight-rim baseball hat, black t-shirt, red shorts and sneakers.
Personality: Likes manipulating music...that's what he calls it at least. He also likes tacos.
Extra: None
----------------------
Jay woke up. He groaned and went downstairs. "Mom, what's for breakfast?" He asked. But there was a note instead.
Hey Jay! I have work to attend to...check your email!
"So...no eggs today?" Asked Jay as he walked up to his room and turned on his computer. And then checked his email.
PROFESSOR KUKUI
Subject: News!
Dear Jay! You have been chosen to become a Pokémon Trainer! The day after the day I send this email, come to Iki Town and receive your first Pokémon!
Jay's eyes widened. He? A Pokèmon Trainer? Too much responsibility! "Alright then. So be it. I'm going to become a Pokémon Trainer!"

DOOPLISS
CHARACTER SHEET:
Name: Alani
Appearance: Short brown hair, tan skin, gray eyes, wears a blue surfing Pikachu tank top, white shorts, and sneakers
Personality: Cheerful, hyperactive, mishevious, clumsy, and can get distracted pretty easily.
Extra: Alani also carries a dark blue skateboard around with her.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Alani’s alarm went off early and she groaned. “ Five more minutes…” Just as she was about to go back to sleep she felt someone climb up onto her bed.“ Big sis, big sis.” It was Alani’s little sister Leia. “ Wake up, wake up.”

“ What is it…? I’m trying to get some more sleep here…”

“ You’re gonna go to Iki Town and become a Pokemon trainer.”

Once Alani heard that, she jumped out of her bed and ran out in the living room to confront her mom. “ Mom! Is it true? Please tell me it is!”

Her mom was making breakfast but she turned around and smiled at her daughter. “ Yes, dear, it’s true. Congratulations!”

“ALRIGHT!"

Last edited:
Name: Vee
Appearance: Rather short, pretty scrawny, mousy-brown hair that reaches her shoulders, one brown eye & one blue eye. Gotta be noticeable. Wears a white tee with an olive green bomber jacket and casual black jeans, also... sneakers? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Personality: Awkward, horrifyingly clumsy, tends to laugh at her own failure. Tends to make jokes.
Extra: Already has a fewwww Pokemon (literally three) because she's thirteen :w:
--

It was pretty early for Vee to be awake, considering she usually slept like a Noctowl in the morning. She had her Dartrix at her side, squawking feebly, and her main companion, Kaiju, a Gabite, shuffling silently and huffing occasionally. Kaiju (which meant 'Giant Monster' and was very appropriate for the Pokemon beside the short girl) was a rather irritable creature, and he hated most anything, maybe other than Vee. They had a strong bond, see. But she was wandering around Iki town, her latest update in homes, kind of just enjoying the brisk morning air. Her hair was up in a messily done ponytail, and Dartrix occasionally squawked in delight and swiped at it with his beak. Her newest Pokemon, which she caught a week ago, was nestled in a Pokeball tucked safely in a small black bag slung over one shoulder.

Ze next day...
Jay woke up happily as his alarm rang. "IT'S SATURDAY!" He sang. He got dressed out of his pajamas, grabbed his iPod and headphones, and burst out his door. "I'm going to Iki Town and...do...what rhymes...with that..." he said to himself. As he arrived, he saw three Pokémon playing with each other. "Yeah! These must be the Pokémon I can choose from!" He said. "And that would be right!" Said a voice. He looked to his left and saw Professor Kukui. "Professor Kukui! It's an honor to meet you!" Said Jay with excitement. "This is Rowlet. A Grass and Flying-Type Pokémon." He pointed to the owl, who tilted his head curiously. "This is Popplio, a Water-Type Pokémon!" He pointed to the seal balancing a bubble on his nose. "And this is Litten!" He pointed to the cat spitting out a fur ball. "A burning Fire-Type Pokémon!" He said. Jay ducked down and looked at Litten as if she were his spirit animal. "Woah...we'll be such great partners!" Jay's eyes sparkled. Litten smiled and meowed. "Imagine! You can evolve into a powerful Incineroar and we'll use Inferno Overdrive together!" He struck a pose similar to the Fire Z-Move. Litten meowed and jumped onto his shoulder. "Unfortunately, it'll have to wait." He said. Jay's surroundings turned black. "I have invited more trainers your age to journey with you! However, you can't choose your Pokémon until they get here." He said. "Aww..." said Jay as Litten hopped off his shoulder and sat down.

The next day...
" I'm so late!" Alani slept through her alarm and was now frantically trying to get ready for her journey to Iki Town. " Do I have everything? I think so!" Her mom just laughed and reassured her that everything was going to be fine. She grabbed her skateboard and was about to head out the door.

" Big sis, can I come?" Leia asked while hugging Alani's leg. " I'll be good...I promise."

Alani smiled ruffling her sister's hair. " You're not quite ready to become a trainer yet, but soon you will. I'll come home with a Pokemon and then you can play with it!" Once she was done talking to Leia, she left and rode to Iki Town on her skateboard. Once she arrived her attention immediately went to the three Pokemon that were playing with each other. " Oh gosh, all of them are so dang cute!"

Just as Alani was about to skate towards them, she fell off her board and landed face first on the ground. " Ow..."

FIVE MINUTES IN AND I'VE ALREADY MET A GIRL! Well...I guess there really is no other way. He walked over to the girl and held out his hand. "Uh...you okay?" He asked.

Alani took the boys hand and muttered a "Thank you." as she got up. She grinned and dusted off any dirt that was on her clothes. " I'm Alani! Who are you? Oh! Is there by any chance that you're getting a Pokemon too?" Her eyes then went towards the direction of the three Pokemon again. She was pretty familiar with them. The grass and flying type Rowlet, the fire type Litten, and the water type Popplio. " I just can't wait to choose!"

Vee made her way silently to the area where newly selected Trainers would choose their Pokemon. She'd always enjoyed watching the ceremony. She saw two people around her age and quietly walked over to them, flashing a small wave and a friendly smile.
"Hi! Are you two new trainers?" she asked curiously, Dartrix hooting excitedly and landing beside the pair, Kaiju slumped beside her. He hated new people, but Vee assumed the new trainers would adore the huge, shark-like Pokemon. She, herself, already couldn't wait for him to evolve into a Garchomp.

" Hello, I'm Alani!" Alani smiled as she greeted the newcomer. " Awesome, you have a Gabite and Datrix!" She moved closer to the Gabite and stood on her tiptoes, examining it. " Wow...I've never seen a Gabite up close and personal before. " You're really cool looking and so is your friend Datrix." She stood back down looking more excited then she did before. She couldn't wait for the ceremony to start. " You think everyone's here yet? I sure hope so, I don't think I can wait much longer!"

Jay looked at the Gabite. "Woah...he looks scary!" he said. Then he looked at Dartrix. "That looks like the evolution of that Rowlet!" he noticed. "I wonder what Litten will look like when it evolves...I know what an Incineroar is, but not what it looks like..."

Alani noticed that the Popplio was looking at her with curiosity. She skipped over to it and kneeled down. " Heya! You're super cute." She immediately felt some type of bond towards it. " I wonder...will you be my partner in crime?" Popplio then made a bubble and it popped in her face. " H-Hey!"

Professor Kukui smiled. "Well, since no one seems to be coming, and you seem pretty excited, I'll let you pick your starter." He said. "Yay!" said Jay, as Litten hopped into his arms. "Dude. We are going to be the strongest duo in the WORLD!" He said. "Rawr!" said Litten.

Alani grinned and picked up Popplio hugging it. “ We’re gonna have so much fun together, so let's give it our all!” Popplio clapped its flippers while happily agreeing. “ Pop!”

"What's all this racket?" asked a raspy voice as a chubby man with closed eyes walked onto the scene. "Oh! Two more trainers starting a journey!" he said. "This is Professor Hala...the kahuna of Melemele Island." explained Professor Kukui. "The ka-what?" asked Jay. "The kahuna. The trainer chosen by one of four island guardians." Kukui further explained. "If you wanna beat me, you'll have to beat the island trial first!" he laughed.

Vee smiled warmly, Dartrix squawking excitedly, and Gabite simply huffing in annoyance. He wasn't a patient Pokemon, but Vee loved him. He growled subtly at the younger trainers, but she smacked his chest, shutting him up. Grabbing the Pokemon by his claw-like hand, she led him forward, where the new trainers were standing.

"You may also give your Pokemon a nickname, if you want." said Professor Kukui. Jay looked at Litten's sparkling eyes. "No thanks. I'll stick with Litten." he said as Litten meowed. "So is that our first task? Beat the island trial?" asked Jay. "Well, you certainly can't do it with weak starters. you'll have to make them grow stronger and make them battle. THEN you'll be worthy." laughed Professor Hala. "That won't be a problem!" said Jay. Litten meowed again and hopped onto Jay's head.

Vee poked her head through the crowd, a bright look on her face.
"He could train Litten with me," she offered, rather excitedly. It'd been a while since she'd actually battled someone instead of just a wild Pokemon. It was finally then that Gabite seemed to lighten up, almost glad at the idea of a battle. He chuffed a rather loud "Bite!" that forced some heads to turn at him. A surge of pride went through the teenager. All eyes were on her somewhat powerful Pokemon! Someone murmured something, and Vee tried not to smile too wide. She was beyond proud of Kaiju.
"And I'll use Dartrix, too, to give you an advantage," she added brightly. At the mention of its name, Dartrix soared forward from the sky, landing happily on her shoulder. Kaiju groaned. "Gaaabiiitte..." he grumbled.

(So, just to verify; please don't tell me you're one of the people who gets a Pokemon and wins their very first fight with a more skilled trainer. I was thinking that it would be a very close match, considering the type advantage, but I was thinking Dartrix would still win due to it's higher level. I'm not saying this so I can win or whatever, I just think it would make the most sense? I'm really not trying to be harsh, and I'm sorry if it seems that way, but the people who win their first fight of a level 107 Snorlax with a level 2 Bulbasaur just kind of ruin roleplay like this.)

“ While you guys do training and all that, I’m gonna explore the town. There are these ruins called The Ruins of Conflict that I must absolutely check out!” Yes, Alani could be training with the others but she really wanted to see it. “ I bet I could capture some pretty neat Pokemon on the way too.I'll return here in no time!” She gave a thumbs up.

Popplio jumped out of Alani’s arms and smiled mischievously. “Popplio!”

Alani kneeled down and grinned. “ You know the way to the ruins partner?”

" Pop!" That must of been a yes.

DOOPLISS
Name: Isaac
Appearance:
Personality: Loves music, cooking, and Pokemon
Extra: I already have a Shiny Salazzle, a Dodrio, and a Noivern.
-----------------------------------------------------
Another beautiful day in the bright sun rays of Alola. His best friend and Pokemon, Dodrio, was squawking happily on the porch. "Good morning, Dodrio!" he said jubilantly. The flying-type fluttered its tail feathers valiantly. Isaac went with Dodrio down to Iki Town to see the other kids and which Pokemon they picked. Dodrio saw a girl with a Popplio going into The Ruins of Conflict. Dodrio pecked at Isaac's head until he got his attention. "Ow that hurts! Oh, where's she going?" he inquired.

Isaac followed the girl from a distance where he didn't look like a total creep. "Why is she going in there?" he whispered to his Pokemon. Dodrio responded with trill as if saying 'I don't know what do you want from me?'

(Accepted!)
(Also, don't worry dude, that's exactly what I'm trying to AVOID)

"Alright! A first fight! Let's do this!" he nodded at Litten. Litten also nodded. "Rawr!" it said. "Should we do it here and now? Or on a stadium?" asked Jay.

(It said four, can I still join?)

DOOPLISS

Name: Opal
Appearance: Magenta-and-pink headphones, magenta tank top with a yellow flower design in the left corner, a yellow pleated skirt, magenta leggings, and white combat boots. She always carries a white messenger bag with magenta accents. Her hair is brown and goes down to her chin and she has blue eyes.
Personality: Likes music, incredibly loyal, tends to degrade herself.
Extra: Her family moves a lot. They lived in Johto, then moved to Ula'ula Island, and finally settled down on Melemele Island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opal ran wide-eyed into Iki Town. She saw two Trainers and their Pokemon, looking like they were preparing for a battle, and then almost fell over with relief when she saw Professor Kukui and...OH MY ARCEUS, IS THAT KAHUNA HALA?! she mentally screamed as she sprinted over to where they stood. "Sorry I'm late," she huffed, "I had some...sibling issues." Her little sister had thrown a tantrum when she found out why Opal was leaving. She had thought it "wasn't fair" that Opal got to be a Pokemon Trainer and she didn't. To be fair, though, Maria was only three, and the sisters' parents weren't very good at hiding things from their kids.

(Sure.)
(Accepted by the way.)
(Why is no one getting the Doopliss reference tho)

"No, that's fine! Unfortunately, you'll only have one Pokemon to choose from..." Professor Kukui scratched the back of his head and pointed to the Rowlet that was sitting alone, and tilted its head at Opal.

Opal nodded, then walked over to the owl Pokemon. It looked at her and gave a little hoot, then flapped its wings and flew up. Rowlet landed...right on her head. Opal laughed. "Hey, buddy, looks like we're gonna be partners," she said. Rowlet gave a happy-sounding cry.

Name: Hal
Appearance: A silver t-shirt with blue shorts. He has red hair, unkept.
Personality: Easygoing, but hates to loose. He uses strategy over power.
Extra: He is the Hau of this RP. The rival character. Also, Doopless. Partner Rockruff.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hal walked up to the pokemon professor. "Hey, professor? You wanted to see me?" He asked. Looking around at the new trainers, he saw two begin to battle. "Oh, a battle! Who do youn think will win?"

Name: Angelia "Angel" Shayton
Ethnicity: Kalosian-French
Appearance: She is 5'00" (1.52 m), and weighs 100 lbs. (45.4 kg). With the high heels on, she is 5'03" (1.60 m). Due to her strange metabolism rate changing, she is a little underweight. Has pitch-black, mid-back hair with a white streak she bleached on her bangs. She has pitch-black eyes, and her skin is a little pale. She has dark circles from not sleeping very well. She wears a black, poofy dress, with poofy shoulders and pink frills at the end of the shoulder-length cuffs and the bottom of the dress. Her dress has a bit of a high collar. She wears transparent, pink tights and has a purse with little crystals all over the seams and the ends of the zippers. She took the pink ribbon from her kimono dress when she was younger and wrapped it around her, tying it into a large bow in the back. Her flats are black and look like they hurt a little, but she doesn't show that it hurts her or anything. Her dance clothes are skin tight. For this set, she has a black shirt with black straps going down her arms. She has a pink undershirt that reaches to above her belly button and a pink frilly short skirt. She wears black spandex underneath and she keeps her flats on, and they have tap dancing soles. Her skin has a rare pigment disorder, which causes her cells/proteins/whatever in charge of the color of her skin to die, making her seem paler than what she really is. If her pigments didn't have this disorder, she'll be as dark as the natives from Alola.
Personality: Even though she is 14 years old, her mental age is closer aligned with the people who are in middle schools (10-12 year olds) and sometimes even younger. She is very immature and very naive, but becomes a savage during battle. She is very kind, selfless and caring to all who meet her, which can become quite bad for her when they begin to use her sweetness for their own selfish needs. She is always tired, but tries not to show this, but her body language doesn't agree. She slouches when sitting, and yawns a lot. Those dark circles under her eyes are from a lack of sleep, but there is more to it. She has chronic insomnia, which causes her to hallucinate slightly when awake, have trouble staying awake, be delirious at times throughout the day and not be able to remember what happens sometimes, and her Pokemon have begun training themselves because she always sleeps when she is trying to train them herself. Since her Pokemon are already very able in battle, they can battle when Angel is too busy sleeping standing up. Because of this, she can be quite clumsy.

She has an affinity with Dark- and Fairy-Types, wanting only those types in her team. Because of this, she's really knowledgeable when it comes to these types, but nothing else. Battling is a little difficult for her, but she does choose unorthodox ways to fight and teaches these ways to her Pokemon, so they know how and when to do it. She also loves dancing and has another outfit for such an occasion, even her high heels have metals claps on them to allow her to tap dance. She gives these dance regimens for her Pokemon, and while they battle they dance, and when her and her Pokemon are synced, that means they are proven to be quite dangerous. She has a love for performing, and is definitely not shy on stage, but she does make blunders from time to time. She also used to be a Fairy Tale Girl, and had a kimono outfit that looked like the dresses they wore.
Pokemon So Far: Zorua (Zorro, Male) [Before adventure]
Pokemon's Game Equivalent Level: Zorro: Lv. 10
Extra: Raised on Melemele Island in Alola, but was actually born in Laverre City in Kalos. A Zorua followed them on a plane trip to their home in Alola after he couldn't bear losing his play mate, since he was transformed as a mute boy and playing with Angel. He was then tenderly loved and cared for, helping Angel get over her Fairy Tale Girl phase.
Future Team (this is more for a reference for me): Zoroark (Zorro, Male), Togekiss (Togetoge, Female), Alolan Muk (Morv, Male), Incineroar (Félin, Male), Primarina (Oratora, Female), Mimikyu (Mimi, Female)
DOOPLISS (My favorite game when I was younger :) Oh, how I love Paper Mario ♥ Also, is this good? Or too edgy? Also, what are the rules on the amount of moves one could know? Also, Angel will catch more Fairy- and Dark-Types, just those in the team will be the ones that she will mostly use).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel yawned and got up one morning, hearing that her alarm clock was faintly beeping. She then looked at it and saw it was 10 minutes after the deadline to get a Pokemon. She sighed, knowing she'd have to just try her wit and knowledge of Alola to find a very hard to find starter. Maybe she could find one with a Hidden Ability. She shrugged and went downstairs, gathering her adventuring stuff along the way. She then saw her Zorua, playfully dancing on the table. She giggled and picked him up, nuzzling his snout before setting him on the table again. She sat down, chowing down on some Café au lait (just coffee with milk), an apple, and a tartine (which is just french bread sliced lengthwise with some butter and jam) with strawberry jam. Her Zorua gets his own treat: bunches of Rawst Berries and other such bitter berries.

After they were both done with their breakfast, Angel bid her albino mother goodbye before leaving for her journey. She walked from the Hau'oli Outskirts to Iki Town, all the while trying so hard not to fall asleep, since her breakfast caused her body to become sleepy. Zorua kept good on keeping her awake. When she made it to Iki Town, her suspicions were correct, in that every starter was taken. She saw a man on a Dodrio following a girl with a Popplio to the Ruins of Conflict, a battle happening between a boy with a Litten and a girl with a Dartrix and a.... Gabite? And then a girl with a Rowlet. She then saw Kahuna Hala and Professor Kukui, and she smiled. She was glad to see such varying faces and expressions.

She walked up to Professor Kukui, greeting him and asking in her soft, soprano voice where to find more starters. She knew that there were islands or people she could get the starters from, but she didn't want to just go to a place without knowing if it's actually there. She knew that there was a rocky island with Popplio and its evolutions, a dense forest for the Rowlet and its evolutions, and a plains island or a plains area for the Litten and its evolutions. She just didn't know if they were in a specific island, like Melemele, or if there is just an archipelago off of the four main islands. This is what she asked, explaining that she did know that there were sections cordoned off for such rare species, but not knowing if it was possible to ask or do a favor the people caring for them, or to even find them in the first place.

(Yeah, it's fine)
(You're both accepted)

"Well, I heard Professor Hala has a Vulpix, if that helps!" said Professor Kukui. "Ha! You bet I do, Kukui!" said Professor Hala as he went inside his house and brought out an Alolan Vulpix, its tail wagging because it had been told it was getting a trainer.

Angel looked on at the fluffy white fur of the Alolan Vulpix. It mewed toward Angel, and looked curiously at her Zorua. Zorro then used his illusion powers to turn into a small boy with black hair, pale skin, and red eyes. His tail was quite difficult to conceal, but it managed to become a black and red belt for his dark grey shorts. His shirt was black and he wasn't wearing anything on his feet. He was just a little smaller than Angel.

The now-disguised Zorua walked over to the Vulpix and sniffed her, smiling at her since he liked her scent. The Vulpix thought this behavior was quite strange, but decided to hide her emotions and paw his nose. The boy chuckled and took the Vulpix from Hala and handed Angel the Vulpix. Angel took the Vulpix gingerly and nuzzled her, with Vulpix making these cute cooing noises. Angel though about a name for her, and looked to Zorua inquiringly. Zorua shrugged, since he didn't know what to call her. She then decided on Glace. She suggested it to the Vulpix and she barked happily. The Zorua was so happy, he jumped for joy and ended up breaking his illusion in the process.

Glace hopped out of Angel's hold and walked over to the Zorua, sniffing him. She then got in a playful position and began to run around, with Zorua liking the challenge and running after her, too. He ended up tackling her to the ground, with Angel feeling like she needed to intervene: "Oh, Zorro. Be careful with Glace. She is quite young, and we don't need her to get hurt."

Angel knew that an Alolan Vulpix wasn't the most physically defensive creature on the planet, but she knew that they become quite useful later as a set-up and powerful special sweeper when they evolve. She knew this much about these creatures because Alolan Ninetales was part Fairy-Type. She picked them both up and Zorro climbed up to her shoulder, with Glace being cradled in her arms.

Angel remembered something important and apologized to the Kahuna and said: "Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Angel, and thank you for the Pokemon. I will take care of her dearly. Oh, may I have a Pokedex, Kukui, or do I have to see you in your lab for that? Also, where's Glace's Poké Ball?"

Professor Kukui realized. "Oh, right, their Pokeballs!" he handed Opal, Jay, Alani, and Angel their Poke Balls, and Pokedexes. "Trainers, as you set off on your journey, you will [probably] meet new friends, new enemies [probably], and other journeys throughout this region. May Arceus grant you good times to come!" said Kukui.

(Guys...not every character has to come in at the first second! xD)

Angel smiled and began to watch the fight between the Litten and Dartrix. Zorro was getting way too pumped for the battle and began to dance on his hind legs after jumping off of his trainer's shoulders. Glace looked curiously at Zorro's dancing and jumped out of Angel's arms. She then asked why he was dancing, and he said it was his way of getting rid of excess energy. He then began to dance some more, taking Glace's front legs and doing some kind of botched-up waltz with her. Glace chuckled and rolled her eyes, not knowing if she'll ever get used to his antics.

(I might suggest making a discussion thread, but that's just me.)

Opal smiled as she took her Pokedex and Pokeballs. "Alright, time to go catch some more Pokemon!" she said, then realized that there were other Trainers that she might want to travel with later. "Um...If anyone wants to come with, I'd be okay with that," she added, not wanting to exclude people. Then, she took off running out of the town, excited to find a new partner.

After some searching, Opal saw a rustle in some weeds. "Hey, Sky," she said, referring to her Rowlet. She had tossed some names around in her head and come up with this one. Upon it's suggestion, Sky seemed approving. "Think you can try to ambush whatever's in there?"

"Rowwl," Sky cooed, and flew over somewhat stealthily. She -- the Rotom Dex had identified Sky's gender -- tackled whatever lurked. A tiny spark and a surprised cry emerged, and a small yellow Pokemon jumped out, looking frightened. Feeling immediately bad, Opal called off Sky.

"Hey," she said to the frightened Pichu, "I'm sorry about that. It's my first day being a Pokemon Trainer." Feeling awkward, she reached into her bag and pulled out a Pokebean from the bag that her mother had given her. "Your Pokemon will love these!" her mother had said. Pichu, wary for very obvious reasons, tentatively took the candy and inspected it. Cautiously, it nibbled, then gave a joyful squeak and really dug in. Opal chuckled. "You want another one?" she offered.

"Pichu pi!" Pichu replied. Opal laughed and pulled some more out of her pocket.

"Here you go," she said. Pichu devoured them eagerly.

"I'll come!" said Jay as he ran to Opal, and saw the Pichu nibbling on Poke Beans. He sighed. Man, I never have that much luck with friends. He looked at the Litten behind him. "Maybe I'll give you a name, little guy." He crouched down as Litten also sat down and licked his paw and rubbed it on his ear. "How about...Napalm?" he asked. Litten looked up curiously. "It's short for the weapon I use sometimes when I play my video games." he said. Litten seemed to like the origin, so he nodded. "Alright then, let's find ourselves some buds." he stood up and looked at the Pichu, forever fed by delicious Poke Beans. As Napalm jumped on his head, Jay slouched and made a [anime] bored face. It's almost like Opal was rubbing it in her face with her luck. He looked for other Pokemon, but all he could find were vicious Yungoos. Then he found a Pikipek, lying on the ground. Its wing seemed to be broken. Alright! Let's--wait, do I even know how to attract a Pokemon? Jay groaned as he realized he didn't have anything with him. "How am I gonna remember where this is?" he facepalmed. I can't just chuck a Poke Ball at it and expect us to be friends!

(Just ignore the fact that Vee offered a battle, I didn't mean to be so inactive all throughout the day. Just forget it happened, so sorry about that! :w: )
Vee approached the confused boy with the hint of a chuckle in her voice.
"Here, lemme help you. I'm not that good, but I've been doing it for a year or so, so I have it down."
She shuffled around in her small black backpack before slowly withdrawing a little Poketreat she'd baked; it was small, but it would be more than enough to fulfill the little bird Pokemon. She placed it in Jay's hand.
"Give it this," she said softly, looking at the Pikipek with worry in her eyes. It's wing look pretty badly damaged. She would feed it herself, but it was his to be Pokemon. Quietly, she walked over and scooped the injured bird into her cupped hands. It shrieked with fear, attempting to claw its way out of her hand, and it managed to scratch her, but Vee paid no attention to it. She just murmured reassuringly to the fretful bird until it calmed down. The scratch on her wrist it had made dropped a tiny bead of blood; once, twice. But it didn't hurt that much- of course, she'd have to wash it. Wild Pokemon was one of the leading causes of infections. So she stood with a faintly bleeding wrist and a calmed bird in her hand, walking nearer to Jay, signaling that now would be a very good time to give it the treat.

(No, it's fine! That was my fault how I just ran away like that.)

"A-are you sure?" he asked, after seeing it flip out and could even rip his skin open if it wanted to. Napalm was filled with anxiety. "I-I'm starting to think this isn't a good idea..."

She offered a small, reassuring smile.
"I won't let it scratch you, promise." she offered, shifting her left hand (the one that'd been scratched) behind her back. Seeing it might've made him uneasy. "It's just hurt, so naturally it's scared, but I think I've calmed it down. Just slowly reach out and give it the treat. It'll be fine, I won't let anything happen." she let out a little huff of laughter, he seemed so anxious! She remembered her first catch; an Eevee, and she was so delighted at the miraculous event. It evolved, and she showed it to everyone; her prized Vaporeon that followed her everywhere, and loved her so dearly she could barely handle it. But she'd been a little too show-and-tell oriented with the Pokemon, and something tragic had happened.
Had it really been a month now?
The girl shook her head. Now wasn't the time.
Focus, Vee. Stop being depressed all the time, this is supposed to be a gleeful moment.
And no matter how hard she tried, the hurting in her heart had wilted a bit more just at the thought, and she suppressed the watering of her eyes, but her hands still trembled at the thought.

Jay came to realization. "Aha! But if it's in YOUR hands, it'll think YOU were the one who fed it the treat!" Jay slowly came to realization that it didn't matter. "O-okay..." Jay held out his shaking hand...gently...fed it to the bird, and braced himself for impact, along with Napalm.

Angel saw what had been going on. She walked over to the boy, anxiety in his posture and whether or not he should feed the hurt bird. Angel then chimed in: "The Pikipek would feel better if you fed it. It probably is in too much pain to even think about its stomach, and if a bird can't fly, they can't eat. Feed it, and then it'll feel better," that's when he fed the bird. She didn't know if he even heard her from his remark, but she shrugged and didn't care.

She then looked toward Vee's wrist. She wondered if she should help, seeing that she does have items to use to heal both humans and Pokemon. She asked her: "My name is Angelia, but you can call me Angel. May I help you with your cut? I know it's tiny, but I have medicine to help heal it. Although, something as much as a broken wing will have to be taken care of at a Pokemon Center."

Hal watched as the people ran off. He released his Rockruff to run around. "what's up with them?" He asked his partner and walked over to the people. He saw the Pikipeck. "Hey, is it alright?" He asked the people around him.

Angel nodded toward Hal, but then said: "The Pikipek has a broken wing. It will need to be taken to the Pokemon Center. Since this young boy here," she nods to Jay at this point. "is so willing to help this bird, he'll be taking it in himself. I can help stem the pain, but that won't do the bird much good."

Zorro and Glace looked at the Rockruff curiously, wanting to know if this guy was good at battles.

(Question: What's the max moves can our Pokemon know? 4 or more?)

Vee was quick to shake her head; she didn't want to waste this girl's supplies. Instead she took the tiny cut to her mouth, sucking slightly, until the blood went away (okay, so writing this makes it sound a lot creepier than it really is. Like- heyyyy, I'm a narcissistic vampire!).
"I'm pretty sure there's a PokeCenter nearby," she offered. Gabite was still at her side, and as was Dartrix; Kaiju studying the wounded Pikipek like it was a midday snack. Vee was quick to notice this and slapped his shoulder.