• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon ReBurst: Kanto's Soul

"And I thought that fusion took a toll on me!" Kitri remarked, "You ok, Shaun of the dead?"

Truth be told, David's sudden reversion back to his human form had been quite a shock to her. Mere moments before, David had been confidently floating around, having lost the need for his wheelchair thanks to his burst heart's inhabitant, and to see him as he was now, coughing and sweating and barely able to keep upright, even with the support of his wheelchair... He wasn't going to be like this every time he transformed, was he?

Kathleen felt bad. Transform for her had not taken any energy at all! "Maybe it has somthing to do about how different the personalities were?" She guessed as Kathleen glanced over to Kitri who still had her sugary treat in front of her. "You shouldn't be having junk food to sustain energy" Kathleen said in a tomboy-ish voice.

"I doubt it," he replied in a snarky tone and composed himself with yet another contralto inhale. "Before I say this, I don't want a pity party, okay? I was born with a calcium deficiency, so my body's constantly burning itself out. I gotta wear these stupid patches and use a wheelchair and a whole bunch of other shit to conserve energy. Being a Burst Warrior's been my dream since I was a little kid, though, and my instructor loves a charity case."
He tapped his fingers across the tabletop, looking reluctant to say much more but determined to say just enough that the other two wouldn't ask too many questions.
"I have, what, eight years left? No better time to follow my dreams than the present."

"Ah, yeah, I know your type," Kitri replied, "I can bet anything that your instructor's gonna sell your story to the papers, and then they'll be a whole bunch o'them stupid 'inspirational' memes on Pokebook, with your face on 'em, is that it?"

The girl put rather extreme emphasis on the word, 'inspirational', sticking her tongue out as her jaw hung open, "It's what they did to my brother, anyway. He was born without legs, and when the local media got hold of the fact that he was gonna be a fire burst warrior, they were on him like a purrloin to a bag of catnip."

He pulled his lips back in an acerbic smile, thin and cold enough to kill. He raised his head, resting it on his fist.
"Funny," he said, though he didn't seem amused, "I haven't seen any paparazzi. They must have missed the memo."
He yawned, not bothering to cover his mouth as he did.
"Not everyone," David replied in response to Kathleen's question, slightly perturbed that she didn't have this knowledge on her on accord. "People need to go through rigorous training so that they're in tip-top shape. Otherwise, they die." There was a surprising apathy in the way he spoke these words. "A Burst Warrior is what the media call the ones who don't."

"Didn't they tell you that when you started your training?" Kitri added, licking the sugar off her lips, "Fusion isn't some pokemon gijinka fantasy that anyone can have at. You need to be fully physically, and mentally prepared to share your body, your mind, and your powers with a pokemon."

"My instructors were especially tough on me," Kitri complained, "You see, all of the burst warriors in my family have a history of not getting along with their partners at first. The Vasquez curse, they call it. But fortunately, some of them have become especially close, and can disappear within the burst heart for hours at a time, just to talk to the pokemon inside."

David hummed in agreement, an almost sympathetic warmth flashing past his dead eyes.
"I'm sure you and your Honchkrow'll get along eventually," he assured flexing his fingers absentmindedly. "It's pure luck that me and Spiritomb are compatible. Everyone was kind of worried that he'd rampage the second he took on a physical form."

"You looked happed like you both wamted to stay in that form" Kathleen noted thinking. 'It they went though training, then why did i get one for coming hear fresh from the farm?' She thought as she felt a burst of energy and her heard a voice in her head. 'I think your mom choose it' A tomboy-ish girls voice replied. Kathleen was to worried to be suprized.

"Say, why don't we give going inside the burst hearts a try?" Kitri suggested, eager to avoid discussing her shortcomings any further, "You all know how to go inside your burst hearts, and interact with your pokemon outside of fusion, right?"

"Sure..." Kathleen said, "I dont like i idea of having to go into a burst heart!" Though kathleen is cool with anything going inside a burst heart was not a pleasant idea for her. 'I agree' The tomboy-ish voice said in her head. "My partner even agrees" Kathleen said defiantly.

Kitri tipped her hat in an almost mocking fashion at the girl, "It's important to develop a healthy relationship with the pokemon inside of our burst hearts, and since they cannot interact with us unless we either fuse, or go inside of our burst hearts, then this is way we have to do it," she said matter-of-factly. This was kids' stuff, in regards to burst warrior training, and it seemed rather odd that she had to explain it to the new burst warrior, "Besides, it's totally safe if you know how!"

"I guess that would be the best course of action, right?" he agreed, casting a sidelong glance to the furiously spinning vortex he had placidly removed from his pocket, resting it in the palm of his hand. He had lost hope for the clueless Leafeon Burst whom seemed to be communicating with her Pokémon through unconventional means. He unturned the Heart so that the Spiritomb's incandescent face was adjacent to the sky. "I hadn't expected all this to progress so... quickly."

"You don't have a problem with that, do you?" Kitri asked the boy, shortly before shoving the last bite of her doughnut in her mouth, "The sooner we master the uses of our burst hearts, the sooner we'll be able to utilize them effectively in battle. And the last thing I'm gonna need when I'm challenging a gym leader will be my partner acting up again!"

Gripping her burst heart tightly, Kitri shut her eyes, and focused on the pokemon inside. "See ya when I'm done in here, I guess."

Within about a minute, she was reduced to a speck of purple light, which then disappeared inside the gem. All that was left of the girl was the silver chain, and the hexagonal gem which now held both her and her honchkrow.

Last edited:
David's mouth formed into a thin line as he examined his Burst Heart and the Pokémon it held for the umpteenth time. He was adamantly unfazed by the disappearance of his second companion, having seen the task being preformed in front of his very eyes and various occasions. However, the thought of somehow transporting into his own himself seemed rather absurd.
He clasped his hands around the crystal nonetheless and tightly shut his eyes, focusing his attention and remaining energy on the feeling of its edges digging into his palms. Likewise to the previous, it was a minute before he shrank into a luminescent bead of lilac and descended into the purple crystal's grasp.

Kathleen watched the two disappear in armament. "Wow i never going to do that!" She exclaimed before walking away. 'Hell to that' She though as she felt the leafeon agree to her. Kathleen headed to hotel a little farther away as the sun was displaying signs of setting. She headed inside to order a room, trying to ignore the guilt of leaving the pain alone.

(She went fuck that and left XD)