• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Rangers

"Mikey, and this is Sparky." Mikey said shaking Dylan's hand. Sparky stuck his head in his bowl and ate some. "Shinx," groaned Sparky, who wasn't a fan of Thompson's cooking.

"Deep fried what?" Ren asked in surprise, approaching the table and peering into the pot, wondering if the "soup" was safe. Shrugging, he poured himself a bowl, noting the oatmeal-like consistency. He didn't bother pouring one for his Pokemon, as he knew Basil would only steal from his instead. He sat down across from the others.

Dylan laughed as Sparky grimaced from the food. "Sparky clearly doesn't have a taste for the gruel." He looked over at the boy across from him. "Hey, I haven't met you either! I'm Dylan."

The teen gave a small grin. "Yeah, it's been a busy first day. Ren Carver," he greeted. Ren looked down at the food that Basil was happily licking from his paws. "And I think you'd need an iron stomach to have a taste for it." As he watched, the surface seemed to bubble, and he spooned a bit into his mouth, cringing.

Daniel soon regained the energy to transform into another Pokémon. He knew that he would have to move to the base quickly. Knowing that he didn't have the time to lollygag around; he transformed into a Chimecho and hovered over the ground. He quickly charged straight at the base, as Fiora ran along with him at breakneck speed!

They both got to the Ranger Base seconds later, as she noticed that everyone else was inside already. She quietly walked over to the table and poured herself some of the grayish soup-like substance into a small bowl. She deduced the substance to be like oatmeal, but the grayish coloring questioned her thoughts.

She sat down next to Dylan after grabbing a spoon, as she noticed that he was next to Mikey. She quietly scooped some of the oatmeal-like substance into her mouth; masking her emotions that came from the strange taste. Daniel hovered over her shoulder, while he concealed his repulsive looks that he had towards the grayish, semifluid matter that she ate. He said to her in an attempt to communicate in telepathy, "Umm... I- I don't know if uhh... umm... I want to... uhh... I f- fe- feel s- sic- sick......" His body started to turn pale, as he quietly breathed out at a much quicker rate than usual.

"Yeah, he looks a little pale," Ren noted. He dug through his bag. "I don't have much, so I'll have to stop by a shop tomorrow..." he finally found what he was looking for and pulled out four round berries of varying colors, offering two to Daniel and two to Sparky, who was also looking rather uncomfortable at the food. Elevar and Basil looked content helping themselves to their partners' dishes, so he left them to their gruel.

Sparky sniffed the berries and snatched one up and ate it. "Shinx!" He exclaimed eating the other one. Mikey's stomach growled, and he looked at the grey goop. He closed his eyes and took a spoonful. "Ugh," he said swallowing. "It tastes horrible," he said sticking his tongue out. "Like dirty socks, or maybe." He took another spoonful even bigger. "Maybe rotten cheese." he said swallowing. He took another even bigger scoop. "Maybe old fruit."

Sparky looked at Mikey with a concerned face. Maybe his brain wasn't working right again? Sparky gave Mikey a small shock, and accidentally fried the goop. "Come on Sparky you ruined dinner," Mikey complained, not even noticing the shock. He took a small taste. "It actually tastes better this way."

Daniel looked over at Mikey, noticing that he was also eating the strange, semifluid matter. He said to him in telepathy, "Umm... uhh... I think I'll probably just pass and go to plan B on dinner..." The color patterns on his body were now as pale as the clouds. He hovered over his shoulder while he stared at Sparky that was also with him.

Fiora continued to eat at the strange goop; ignoring the revolting taste that her taste buds tried to overcome. She looked over at Daniel, as she said to him after finishing the goop, "Hey umm... are you okay buddy? You don't look so good, I think maybe I should take you to the nurse or something here."

Daniel replied to her in telepathy, "N- no... it's f- fine... I don't need n- no n- nur- Nurse..."

She said to him in a concerned tone, "What do you mean you don't need no nurse? You look a little more than sick to me. Come on, let's go."

He retorted while his tail shook, "N- no! I'm telling you I'm f- fine! Please don't take me to h- her!"

Mikey finished his bowl and let loose a loud yawn. he smacked his lips. "I'm tired," he said with his eyelids fluttering. He closed his eyes and his head fell onto he table.
Thompson walked by to see the sleeping ranger. he pulled his head up by his ear and shouted, "If you're tired, hit the bunks!" Mikey woke up with a start and scrambled up. He gave a salute. He rushed towards the right hallway. "That's the girls sleeping quarters!" Thompson shouted. Mikey turned and ran towards the left hallway. Sparky rolled his eyes and followed. "Shinx, shinx," he said. Saying goodbye, to the pokemon at the table.

Snow poked at the goop that was dinner with her spoon. Well, it won't kill me. Probably. She contemplated, before finally deciding to take a mouthful of it. Saying it was horrible was the understatement of the century. However, she knew better than vocalize her opinion on the "food." Knowing her luck, Thompson would somehow materialize right behind her as she started to say something. So, without any words, the newbie Ranger quickly shoveled the goop in her mouth, and swallowed. It didn't take her long to finish it. She turned her head and looked down to see Absol hadn't even touched hers. "Not feelin' it, girl?" Snow asked. Absol shook her head. "Alright, let's go hit the hay now, then." She said, standing up and stretching. She made her way to the Girl's room. "Night, guys!"

"Night!" Dylan called to Snow as he finished up dinner with a wince and followed Mikey to the Boy's cabin. After he washed up, he laid down on the bed and closed his eyes, eager to retreat into the calm of sleep.

Mikey jumped into the nearest bunk. It wasn't the softest bed in the world, but more like the second hardest bed in the world. He took off his scarf, goggles, and vest and but them at a beside dresser. There were bunks, with a dresser, and bedside table by each. one was on the left and one was on the right of each bunk. He laid down at the bottom bunk of the nearest bed. Off towards the side was a bathroom. He quickly fell asleep on the bed, with Sparky on his side.

"Night," Ren called back over his shoulder, and let out a small, involuntary yawn himself and gave Basil a pat on thedge head, to which the Pokèmon purred. "I think we're gonna head that way too. If Thompson's every bit the drill sergeant he seems to be, I bet he'll have us up early." The two dropped their dishes off in the kitchen and headed to the boy's quarters as well, dropping into the first free bed he saw.

Snow sat on one of the beds, before removing her vest, so she could rest more comfortably. She sighed. "Such a simple task. Yet, here I am, already super tired. I guess it'll be even tougher today, huh?" She asked looking to Absol. The Pokemon leaped up on to her trainer's bed, and rested next to her, giving a nod of agreement. "Alright then. 'Night, Absol."

Thompson woke up early the next morning. He took a quick jog, shower, and set out a box of new stylers. He banged on the doors. "Ranger North, Ranger Tempest, Ranger Schoust, Ranger Carver, Ranger Sage, and Ranger Casi. Get up and ro part in here now!" He roared.

Sparky who got surprised by Thompsn's yelling, shocked Mikey waking him up. "Ugh," Mikey mumbled, tossing his gear on and went to the main room.

Dylan woke to a start, banging his head against the top bunk. "Ow." Outside the door he could hear Thompson going mad. Dylan gently woke Elevar, and he changed into his casual garb: a black tee and navy jeans. He burst through the door and snapped to a salute in front of Thompson. "Aye, aye, captain!"

(OOC: Yes, this contains things from the time before; but I was busy writing and adding it on as time flowed rather quickly. The bottom part is what is relevant to the recent posts. The top part is from the post a bit above it.)

BIC:
Fiora dropped her bowl off in the kitchen after she saw the other Ranger dropping their dishes off. She walked over to the right hallway; knowing that it was the way to the Girl's Quarters from what she overheard from Thompson earlier. She saw Daniel following him now as a small, lizard-like Pokémon; noting that he transformed again due to the possibility of not wanting to eat dinner.

As she walked into the Girl's Quarters, she heard Daniel's frills wiggling about; silently gathering energy. She giggled at him, knowing that he was not going to risk eating the food that she ate earlier. She picked him up, while his frills stiffened in response to the sudden grip that he felt on his small body.

She noticed another Ranger that was also in the room, as there was an Absol with her. She saw them on one of the beds, while the Absol rested with her. She got onto a neighboring bed that was left of the bed that the Ranger and her Pokémon were in.

She slept in her bed with Daniel next to her, as she curled herself in with the blanket. The bed wasn't as soft as one would dream to be, but it would do for getting a night's worth of shuteye. She was still asleep; as Daniel was startled from Thompson's yelling!

Last edited:
Thompson's yelling woke up Absol and Snow with a jolt. "Oh, sweet Arceus." She muttered, as she and her Partner climbed off their bed. Snow put on her vest and made sure she had all her possessions. Snow glanced over, and noticed the other Ranger from before on another bed. Knowing she had no time for conversation, Snow proceeded out of the door, and snapped to a salute in front of Thompson.

"I heard that," shouted Thompson.

"Now i want each of you to pick up you're new styler from the box." He said. Without thinking, Mikey rushed forward and grabbed a red styler. "Sweet," he said.

Ren crawled out of bed with soft groan, and threw on his uniform sluggishly. Basil chattered impatiently, no doubt afraid of the older man's short tempers. When he was fully dressed, he crouched and held his arm out for his partner. Basil crawled up the offered appendage and settled himself on Ren's shoulder.

The two entered the main room where Thompson was fuming. A box of Stylers were set out, and Ren glanced at them curiously as Thompson gave the order. He picked one up and turned it over in his hands, marvelling at the technology that was way beyond his Academy-issued one.

Figuring she should go next, Snow stepped up and grabbed a Styler. She set up the device, before displaying it to her Partner Pokemon. Afterwards, Snow and her partner got back to their rigid postures, waiting for whatever Thompson was going to have them do next.

Dylan stepped up after Snow had gone and observed the Stylers. After thinking for a while, he finally selected a black Styler and activated it. He snapped back to a salute, Elevar perched on his other arm.

Fiora woke up to the constant pokes of Daniel's impatience, as she slowly got off of her bed. She made sure she had everything with her before heading out, as she saw Daniel as yet another Pokémon again. She said to him while she walked with him towards the hallway, "Hmm, you just don't stop changing don't you?"

Daniel giggled, as he nodded at her joyfully. He was looking rather energized now; after recharging himself last night with his own trusted method that worked as a substitute for eating. He saw her proceeding towards the Main Room, as he noticed her doing a salute in front of Thompson.

He noticed that his patience was beyond his last nerve, as he stayed slient; not wanting to cause any trouble with him at the moment. He saw a box of stylers that Fiora walked to, as she picked up a yellow styler. It glimmered along with the fluorescent lighting at her. She glanced at the machinery on it that was more advanced than the stylers that were issued at the basic academies.

She went back to her salute towards Thompson after grabbing her styler. Daniel hid behind her leg while he curled into a ball; fearing the possibility that Thompson might berate him for his babish appearance. His eyes appeared to be closed; they gave off the distinct neonate feature that he had as the Pokémon that he was. There were several red spots on his back that were aligned in a pattern; they were warm to the touch, but there was something much hotter hiding underneath them. His snout was rather long, while he had arms that lacked claws; his feet had one small claw each. He stayed slient and nudged against Fiora on her leg, while he continued to stay curled in a ball.

"Okay folks, this isn't your run of the mill styler,"Thompson said, unclipping an olive green Styler from his belt. Thompson explained the styler and it's functions. It wasn't just a styler, but a router for communication, with an earpiece, that came out when you pushed a button. A light, a voice recorder, a camera, a pokedex. It had an extended battery power.
"Wow," breathed Ry looking it over.
"Okay folks now, listen up, over there," he said pointing to a bulletin board. "That is the job board. it's where you get your smaller missions. Bigger missions will be given by me," Thompson said glaring. "Rangers may work together on missions." Thompson added. "Now get to work." And with that he walked away.

Mikey walked over, "Here's one," plucking a paper off the board. "There's a girl, who's grandfather has been missing in the woods for three days now. We got find him." He showed the paper to Dylan.

Last edited:
Snow walked over to the board, after observing her Pink Styler. She didn't get it specifically because she liked the color, but because it matched half of her hair. "Absol, what about this one? Something about a lost Charmander out in the woods?" She asked, looking down to her partner Pokemon.

"Sounds good," Dylan agreed, letting out Elevar. "When do we head out? I'm prepared already." He looked at Snow, who was examining the board and talking to her Absol. "She seems nice," He thought to himself. "I'm gonna go talk to her."
Dylan walked over to Snow and held his hand out. "Dylan Sage. You?" He put on a friendly grin.

Fiora walked up the bulletin board after hearing the other Rangers. She went over to Snow as she said, "Hmm, there's many missions here. So there's one with a lost Charmander in the woods? Umm... this will be interesting since my Ditto can change Pokémon. So I'd probably want to be careful with him because the others might get him mixed up if you know..." Daniel nodded with Fiora after he caught up with her, as he stood by her leg in a hesitant posture.

Ren read the request over Snow's shoulder, eyebrows furrowed in thought. "You two mind if we tag along?" He asked, looking between the two girls with the question in his eyes. Meanwhile, Basil dropped to the ground and greeted the Absol, awed at such a large, unfamiliar Pokemon.

Fiora looked over towards Ren, as she replied to him, "Well, sure... why not? I suppose that it'll be better if a group heads out for the mission. I kinda feel bad for the Charmander that's lost now that I think about it." Daniel nodded at Fiora after hearing her, as he chuckled at her after noticing the name of the Pokémon that was lost from the bulletin board. He quickly transformed into the Pokémon that Fiora mentioned, as he said in a sheepish tone, "Charmander?"

He was wondering if he got the transformation of the Pokémon right; he had an orange, reptilian body now. His underside and his soles were in a light shade of cream; his arms and legs were short with four fingers and three clawed toes each. His blue eyes shined slight confidence at Fiora, as there was a flame at the tip of his tail. The flame burned harmlessly with his now content mood, as it warmed a small volume around him. He quietly walked up to Absol, where he noticed a Minccino that greeted him. He said in a babyish voice to the Absol, "Char... Charmander..."

Mikey exited the Ranger base with the paper in his hand. He checked it real quick. Eh was last seen near the berry patch. "I'll need a ride there," he thought to himself. he looked up to see a Staraptor sitting in a tree. "Perfect," Mikey thought to i himself letting his stlyer fly. It encircled the Staraptor. "Staraptor, I need your help finding an old man who's lost in the woods. Will you help me?" Mikey asked the bird of prey. Staraptor nodded and Mikey and Spark climbed on his back. "Let's go!" Mikey shouted pointing in the direction. Staraptor nodded and the trio hit the skies.

Dylan saw Mikey exit the building and quickly followed. He saw Mikey flying away on a Staraptor and let out Elevar. "Mikey's gonna need a little help, let's follow him." Dylan mounted Elevar and the two soared after Mikey.