• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Rangers

"Well, the four of us are here. I think we're missing a person or two, but they'll catch up, right?" Snow said, putting her hands behind her head, in a relaxed pose. She let out a yawn. "I barely slept on that boat, so I'm looking forward to a nap."

(OOC: There are important parts of information in the middle and end; as it reveals his main skill that he has.)

Daniel looked at Thompson with a worried look, as he quickly ran past him towards the neighboring forest. Fiora quickly followed after him, as she yelled out, "Wait! Don't go without me! You can't be going out alone like that!" Daniel ignored her command, as he quickly waved his scalchop around in a swift motion. He noticed it glowing in a dark bluish hue now, as his body began to experience a surge of adrenaline coursing throughout himself. He quickly ran into the forest, noticing several rangers nearby, as he heard them conversing with each other.

He stopped near a tall, green bush; as he noticed a Furret eating a berry and moving away from the group of rangers. He also noticed one particular ranger that was walking back towards the base. He quickly ran towards the ranger, while Fiora was attempting to catch up with him. He started to feel lightheaded, as his eyes shined in a bluish hue. He saw himself running towards the trainer still, while there was a tree with an unstable branch. The branch shook in violent motions, as it quickly fell upon him! He saw himself lying on the floor; crying from the pain that came from the branch striking his body at full force!

He gasped when his vision returned to reality, as he thought to himself, "Wait- what did I just see?! Did I see myself lying there by a falling branch the size of half my body?! Oh no! I have to do something about this, I can't let this happen to me!" He knew that he had a short window of time to react to the vision; before the vision would become a reality. He glanced at the tree that he saw in his vision, as he noticed a huge branch that violently shook with the slight winds. He quickly shook his scalchop, as a blue blade of energy came out! He swiftly got into a defensive stance, as he swung the scalchop around in a circular motion!

A blue force field appeared around him, as the force field shielded him from the branch's fall! He quickly rolled away from the branch after the force field wore off. He panted from exhaustion while his dizziness started to get worse. He sluggishly got up and looked at the other trainer that also followed the trainer going back to the Ranger Base. He stood near the fallen branch, while he attempted to toughen out his dizziness that was starting to get the better of him.

Snow looked up, upon hearing the cracking sound of a branch. "What the heck was that?" She murmured, following the noise. As she approached the source, she found an Oshawott, standing by a broken tree branch. "Hey there, buddy." Snow greeted the Pokemon with a smile, crouching down so she was eye-level with him. "Something the matter?"

Daniel looked over at Snow, noticing her crouched down to his small height. He attempted to get himself back together, as he saw the world starting to spin before him. His body wobbled along, while his eyes began to glow in a darker shade of blue. He fell over to the ground while his eyes watered up in front of her. He saw himself within a vague sighting, as he noticed a figure that appeared to be much bigger than him. He saw the figure with a cylindrical-like tool, as it contained a small amount of swirling green liquid. There was also something pointy at the end that faintly glimmered at him along the lighting that he could barely perceive in his dizziness. He then saw himself crying after the tool was injected into his right arm.

He did not know if the vision was actually true, or if it was just his own misconception from his panicking outlook he now had. He looked down at his right arm and lower body, as he knew that he had to mask the moderate injuries from Snow's sight before it was too late. He continued to lie on his belly, while Fiora walked up to him; noticing Snow alongside with him. He was silent at Snow while he quietly sniffled at her, as he silently cried in front of her.

Before Snow could say anything else to the Oshawott, Absol nudged her side, upon seeing Fiora. Before she looked up, she reached into a small pouch, and took out an Oran Berry. She wasn't entirely sure what was wrong with the Oshawott, so Snow deduced it would be best to start with something basic. Finally, Snow looked up to the newcomer. "Hello there. I don't suppose this Oshawott would be yours, would it?"

Sparky jumped off of Mikey's shoulder and turned to face the new arrival. "Shinx, Shinx," he said trying to get Mikey's attention. Mikey turned to see Snow, Oshawott, and the Oshawott's trainer. "What's going on?" he asked.

Fiora nodded at Snow, while she cautiously approached towards Daniel. She quietly said to Snow, "Yes, this Oshawott is mine, but umm... you see, he's a bit fussy here. He's kinda a bit stubborn since he doesn't like to wait around here. He just rushed into the forest while I had to catch up to him!" Daniel felt something nudging against his side, as he turned his head and noticed an Absol that was next to him. He still stayed silent, as he could not fluently talk like a normal Pokémon could. He saw Fiora picking him up, as he squirmed from her gentle grip. She cradled him around her arms, as she said to him, "Come on baby, don't be so fussy now! It's just me, I'm not going to do anything to you silly."

He ignored her, while he hid his right arm behind his back; he also placed his scalchop back onto his stomach to mask the injury that was on his lower chest. Sweat started to rush from his face, as he looked over at Snow with worried eyes. He kept his left arm on his scalchop, as he was preparing to do something that would have been considered beyond risky.

Dylan walked over to where the other two Rangers, Nathan, an Oshawott, and it's trainer were conversing. "Hey, what's going on here? Thompson is probably past his boiling point; we need to get the Styler to him."

"Yeah, I'm down," Mikey said, "I think he's already angry at me." Mikey scratched his head and picked up Sparky. The Shinx wiggled in his arms.

Daniel squirmed out of Fiora's arms, as her gentle grip was not enough to keep him held still. He quickly ran into a bush that was next to her, as he thought of the quickest and easiest Pokémon to change to. He knew that he had to throw everyone off; he had to find a way to prevent his presumed vision from happening. His body started to quickly change shape, as he grinned at himself.

After his metamorphosis was finished, he was now a turtle-like Pokémon. He slowly came out of the bush, while his light blue body stood out from the green leaves of the bush. His shell was brown on the back; it was pale yellow in the front, but it was also significantly softer than even a newborn's shell. There was also a thick, white ridge that seperated the two halves of his shell. His tail was long; its end curled inward that represented a squirrel's tail.

He quietly walked over to Fiora, while he still stayed slient; fearing that the others would have known his true identity. He pretended to act like a baby Pokémon; feeling rather anxious around everyone and pretending to have his eyes watered up.

Fiora replied to Mikey in a concerned tone, "I- I don't know... and w- where did my Pokémon go?!" She was oblivious to the fact that Daniel had transformed already, as she looked around; not noticing the Oshawott that was in her arms. Daniel looked over at Mikey, while he giggled from the fact that Fiora couldn't even recognize him anymore. He didn't seem to realize that he had gotten some parts wrong in his transformation; his shell was rather soft to the touch, and his voice was more babyish.

He continued to stay slient while he walked up to Mikey. He glanced over at the Shinx that was with him. He placed his right hand into his mouth to make himself look like a baby in front of him. His body purposely shook to make him appear nervous in front of the others as well.

"I don't know, Sparky help me find the Oshawott." Said Mikey. The Shinx rolled his eyes and jumped down to face Daniel. "Shi, Shinx," Sparky said. Mikey turned to face Sparky, "No, Oshawott." Sparky rolled his eyes and gestured towards Daniel. "Shinx, Shinx." He said angrily towards Mikey.

Ren crouched down and offered a closed hand to the small Pokèmon, frowning. "What's a water-type like you doing in the forest?" Basil jumped from his arm to the ground and sniffed Daniel, not noticing the baby Pokèmon's distress. "This might be a strange question, but is your Oshawott... uh, really an Oshawott?"

Daniel looked over at the other Pokémon that were within close proximity; he was rather nervous at them since he was not used to others being right up at his face. He quickly ran into the bush again; he stayed in the bush, trying to think of another Pokémon to transform into. He took in a deep breath in an attempt to gather in his energy, since he was starting to lack the power needed for transforming. He knew that the Shinx would be a huge problem if he were to fight him, since his type weaknesses changed depending on the Pokémon he was.

He quickly thought of another easy Pokémon to transform into; one that would be immune to the Shinx's type. He snickered to himself soon after, while Fiora searched around her endlessly for him. He took in another deep breath, as he was about to undergo his metamorphosis again.

"Hey where did that pokemon go?" Mikey asked. Shinx looked at Mikey and shook his head. "Shinx, shinx!" He said. "Um we really need to find Oshawott, and return the styler to Thompson. He'll go nuts if we don't soon." Mikey added.

Daniel quickly transformed into another Pokémon, as he was now a small crocodile. His body was mostly light brown; there were some thick, black stripes on his body that represented a pattern. His snout was long; his binocular-like eyes were covered in a black membrane layer. His limbs were mostly flat that contained black claws on each one, as his stubby tail shook along with the slight breeze.

However, he did not realize that his skin was still soft to the touch. He also did not seem to take notice to the fact that the Pokémon he was were only found in desserts; making him appear suspicious around the others. He skulked out of the bush; trying to not draw attention to himself.

He glanced at the Shinx, while he continued to stay silent. Fiora walked up to the bush that he was in earlier, as she searched the entire area around it for him. She looked over at Mikey and said in frustration, "Ack... it's hard finding a Pokémon, especially one that isn't still! I just don't understand what's going on with him..."

Sparky looked at Mikey and rolled his eyes. He snatched Mikey's styler from his waist, with his teeth. He dropped it and pushed a few buttons on it with his paw. "What are you doing?" Mikey asked his partner. Sparky pushed one last button and a light quickly shot out of the styler and scanned the Sandile. "Ditto, the Transform Pokemon." The styler said in a robotic voice. "But isn't that a Sandile?" Mikey asked confused picking up his styler. Sparky rolled his eyes and looked at Fiona, expecting an explanation. "Shi," he said impatiently.

"Ditto is a Pokémon that can become any Pokémon and it can also mimick its moves" Nathan said. "Also it can only learn the move transform so that is how it can change its appearance."

"Then that means that this Sandile is actually a Ditto!" Exclaimed Mikey, just stating the already understood information. Sparky rolled his eyes. "Shinx!" He exclaimed, nodding towards Fiora.

Daniel gulped at the Shinx, realizing that he had caught onto the truth. His body tensed up when he noticed that everyone was starting to see the truth. He looked over at Sparky and said to him in an arrogant tone, "S- Sand! Sandile!" He attempted to deny the truth at him, since he was scared from the fact that every ranger would attempt to catch him.

He swiftly scurried behind Fiora and hid behind her legs; he was scared like the baby croc he was. He raised up his right hand, while he was prepared to defend himself in case if someone were to attempt to attack him.

Fiora looked over at Sparky, while she said, "Yes, I understand you might be a bit upset here since my Pokémon is... well... it's a bit hard to explain..." Daniel sighed in relief when she didn't finish her sentence.

"It's okay, we'll understand no matter what," Mikey said nodding. He bent down to face Daniel, "You're fine, we're Rangers, we won't catch you, and as long as you're with us you're safe."

(OOC: I sense something that is disturbing me at Mach 10.)

BIC:

Daniel smiled at Mikey, since he saw him beginning to understand him. He turned towards Sparky and attempted to apoligize to him, as he said in a hesitant tone, "S- Sa- Sand... Sand..." His body wobbled around from his anxiety that was in abundance; he pinched himself with his left hand in an attempt to prevent himself from sobbing in front of Sparky.

Mikey stood up. "I'm Mikey, Pokemon Ranger." he stuck his hand out for Fiora to shake. Sparky noticed Daniel's stance. "Shinx," he said trying to keep Daniel calm, and reassure him.

Fiora looked over at Mikey, as she replied, "Well... I'm Fiora, and I'm also a Pokémon Ranger... I kinda need quite a bit of work here since my Ditto is just playing so many tricks on me today!" Daniel loosened up his body's tension after he heard Sparky; though he still continued to stay behind Fiora's leg. He quietly rubbed on his right arm to nullify the slight pain that still went on in his body. He was suddenly silent again, as he knew that he had to hide the additional fact that he was injured from earlier today. He lied down next to Fiora's right leg; while he placed his right arm underneath his body to mask the injury.

Dylan rolled his eyes from where he was leaning against a tree. "It's about time! Thompson must have steam shooting out of his ears! We gotta hurry. He wove through the undergrowth, Elevar close behind, while he motioned for everyone to follow.

Fiora replied to Mikey in a phlegmatic tone, "Well, I suppose that we should head back to the Ranger Base then. I just have a bad feeling that the guy over there might be mad at everyone because of what happened earlier..." Daniel hesitantly nodded at her, as he transformed back into his original form. He was now a small, purplish blob; his body was even shorter than Sparky's. He took in a deep breath and started to regain his energy that was his main prerequisite for transforming into other Pokémon. He steadily glided towards Sparky; he had a hard time manuevering around due to the fact that he was not used to being in his original, blobby form.

"Right. I'd like to not get scolded by Thompson on my first day, it'll make for a bad first impression." Snow quipped. "But, seriously, let's head back now." She clicked her tongue, signaling Absol to follow her, and she followed Dylan through the undergrowth.

Ren nodded and smiled. "Ren. Pleasure to meet you," he greeted the girl. Basil jumped onto his leg and crawled into his arms. The boy chuckled and scratched the Minccino's ear a little nervously. When the other Ranger suddenly began to run, he raised his eyebrows in surprise and began to walk a little faster. He hadn't met "Thompson" officially yet, considering he showed up a little late, but he recalled Snow's advice of him. "He can't be all that bad, can he?"

Snow glanced at the boy called Dylan. "Uh, I'm Snow. Pleased to meet you."

Dylan nodded. "Nice name. Anyway, we're almost to the base. Get ready for some fierce Thompson explosions." The two Rangers and their Pokemon made their way to the Base and Dylan offered the Styler to Albert, panting. "We.... Got...... The.... Styler...... Sir.........Phew!"

"Okay recounts, good job completing your first mission. Eat diner and hit the sacks!" Thompson shouted at the Rangers. Jasmine got up and lead them towards a large room. It was smaller tables set up with chairs, and a large circular table in the center. To the left was a hallway leading to the Male sleeping quarters, and one to the right led to the female sleeping quarters. "The bedrooms, will be shared by all of you, boys sharing one room, girls in the other." Thompson said. Then he pointed to a pot on the circular table that was surrounded by bowls, "Eat up."

Mikey walked over and scoped himself a bowl of the grey mush, and one for Sparky.

Dylan studied the grey goop and shrugged. "Eh, I've eaten worse. Seriously. You guys should try deep-fried Panamanian slugs." He poured some of the gruel into a bowl and took a seat next to Mikey. "Hey. I'm Dylan. You are?" He offered his hand as Elevar stealthily stole some goop from Dylan's bowl.