• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Rangers: Dawn of Civilisation

Bio: Bags
Name: Katie Venvy
Appearance: Katie has short black hair and wears it in a ponytail. She also wears the normal Pokémon ranger outfit but is brand new to the squad. She had dark purple eyes and also wears a white scarve around her neck.
Personality: She is very cheerful, caring, sassy, childish, protective of Pokémon.
Skills: Acrobatics, very fit, seems to be able to calm others.
Backstory: Katie originally grew up in the Unova region. Her father was a fisherman and brought her on many trips while her mom was a clothing designer for Elesa the gym leader. Katie spent most of her time with her dad traveling through the ocean. They were given a chance to move to a brand new region that was very peaceful at the moment due to the amount of people living there. They accepted the offer and packed for the trip. Katie had been training to be a ranger for a few years but hasn't been accepted till now. She told them that it was too late and that she was moving. Lucky for her, they assigned her to the new region they were moving to.

Pokémon bio:
Nickname: Lust
Species: Liepard
Personality: Protective of Katie, sassy, very neat, picky, loveable, adorable, loves to catch fish.
Appearance: She is your everyday Liepard but except she wears a matching white scarf around her neck.
Skills: Stealthy, quick, can persuade people by looking adorable, swiping items from others, can jump high.
Backstory: as a Purrloin she was very lonely and was abandoned by her old trainer. She had lived in a small cardboard box for a few months in one of the towns. But oneday Purrloin went hunting by the docks where she fell into the ocean. She didn't know how to swim and was going to drown, but a young girl dived down and swooped her up. As they rose to the surface the girl was helped up by her dad. She looking about 10 years old at the time. They brought Purrloin home and called her Lust. She was fed, groomed, and cared for. She even played with the family Pokémon which was a small Tepig. They would bring her on fishing trips and taught her how to catch them with her claws. The girl, named Katie, and Lust had a new bond that grew over the years.

Well I suppose that I'm the only Pokémon here then haha... I kinda wonder how things will go since Pokémon are technically able to be captured via stylers and such...

(If you want to capture my Ditto character with a good reason, well the only rule I would have is to obtain permission from me.)

Last edited:
Bio: bags
Name: Jess jones
Appearance: long dark Purple hair with only black clothes this clothes include hoodie, tea shirt, jeans and shoes
Personality: smart, caring,depressed
Skills: can unlock any door with time, sword fighting,marksmanship
Backstory: Was once a Pokemon trainer child amazement but now she is depressed and just sits in her room locking everyone out except Jenny and Ella

Partner Pokemon:
Nickname: Jenny (the big one) and Ella (the baby one)
Species: kangaskan
Personality: (jack)Always happy, cares about jess (Steven) stays in jacks pouch most of the time
Appearance: Steven where's a green wristband (reason will be reviled in Rp )
Skills: jack can fight like a grown kangaskan from inside the pouch
Backstory: Was found in the in the woods abandoned and left for dead when jess found them and adopted them and took care of them until the incident ( will,also be revealed in Rp)

Last edited:
Ok, Pokemon Rangers are literally my favorite game and I would love to join this, it's so well put together!
Bio: (Bags)
Name: Alex Techten (Male)
Appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, standard ranger outfit.
Personality: Likes to do things alone, strategist
Skills: Being sneaky and able to make great plans in short periods of time
Backstory: Alex has always wanted to be a ranger, now his chance has finally come to show his skill, he is only a ranger-in-training for the moment but he hopes one day he will make his father, a retired but great ranger, proud.

Partner Pokemon: Murkrow
Nickname: (None)
Species: Murkrow
Personality: Like to play tricks on people
Appearance: Small rose buried under tight wing that he can pull out at any time.
Skills: Flying, bringing worry to people it wishes
Backstory: Murkrow was abandoned as a baby when it was seperated from his flock when he got stuck in a thorn bush, which is how he got his rose which he brings out when feeling anger or hatred as he feels towards his missing flock, but usually stays calm and polite.

Oh the memories I had with pokemon ranger.I wil never forget the time that one fight I was stuck on.
Bio:Bags
Name:Volt Andrew
Appearance:Brown spiky hair,Red Jacket and White T-shirt,Blue jeans and black sneakers.
Personality:Likes to have fun(During and Off missions),Always thinks about others safety,Has slightly horrible memory.
Skills:Mastery with the bow and sword,resourceful and an excellent tracker.
Backstory: Volt always wanted to make friends and do something he enjoys. When he got the invite to join the rangers,he couldn't have been happier.Making friends and helping others along the way.

Partner Pokemon:Charizard
Nickname:Corono
Species:Charizard
Personality:Serious but likes to joke around from time to time.
Appearance:Red bandana around his neck.
Skills:Flight,Break and move boulders,keeps people warm when its cold.
Backstory:Volt's Childhood friend.He was Charmander and saved by Volt after almost being starve to death.He and Volt were inseparable ever since.

I might sign up, but I came to ask something different: I have started to make maps on MS Paint, and I'm wondering whether or not you want me to make a pixel art map of the region. I will do it anyway, but just wanna ask if you want me to send it to you afterwards so you can use it.

Oh boy... I have a feeling that everyone's going to try and capture me with their stylers when they find out who my Pokémon really is...

Also, does the Ranger Base have any sort of security? And if so, where and what?

Well, so I'm supposing that everyone is probably going to either go to training or missions since most of the Rangers I've noticed are recruits. In that case, I'll maybe have my little Pokémon character either just sneak around, do some mischievous things, and such...

I'll introduce my other Pokémon character with his information below once the time is right.

A small helicopter landed at the ranger base. Alex stepped out, "Audio journal one," he recorded using a special machine his father gave him, "I have arrived at the ranger base and am ready to work." He shut off the machine, "I hope." He went inside the building and looked for a receptionist but was unable to find one. "I guess I just start working?" He went to the job board and looked at the quests. "Hmm, this looks easy enough, calm the Spinarak leader. It's probably just a bigger Spinarak right?" His partner, Murkrow, crowed in agreement. "Well then let's head to the village." He searched for awhile and found a wild Bravairy, captured it, and flew over there. "Well, let's start searching Murkrow."

Two things

First, I wanted us to go to these things as a team, not by ourselves.

Secondly, just making sure, by capture you mean the thing the Rangers do with the stylus, right?

@SMRPG64
1. Yeah, I read that you wanted teams after I posted, anyone can come along my character is new to being a ranger so he himself doesn't know. (But I myself do.)

2. Yes by capture I mean using the styler, I know how rangers work, it's my favorite game(s)

I might have my character stay at the Ranger Base causing some mischief or possibly doing that when the other Rangers are out doing their missions. (He's supposed to be an antagonist here since I felt like my character should be part of the bad guys, because there was so many rangers already.)

I have a qeustion, will there be anything for switching partners like in Shadows of Almia or just one partner? (Just wanting to know)

Two things

First, I wanted us to go to these things as a team, not by ourselves.

Secondly, just making sure, by capture you mean the thing the Rangers do with the stylus, right?
@SMRPG64
1. Yeah, I read that you wanted teams after I posted, anyone can come along my character is new to being a ranger so he himself doesn't know. (But I myself do.)

2. Yes by capture I mean using the styler, I know how rangers work, it's my favorite game(s)
Uh... Uh... I... I was going to come with you...

I was actually about to post, here is what I had done

Richard had followed Alex to the Spiniark Forest, he had been looking through the board of quests, and had decided to do the Spiniark one. He had seen Alex on the Braviary and was travelling on the Helicopter after him wi-

The - is when you cut me off, I was going to continue to say how Ranger Smith flew me there blah blah and then I was going to begin the plot there, and introduce the vilanous team

Sorry not been able to reply.
Wi-Fi has not been the best and my phone keeps crashing whenever I am about to post.
I'll do my best to fix this and try to be as active as possible tho.