• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Ranger???

Okay so I've been mulling this over. How about a Pokemon Ranger RP. I haven't seen many of these. it'll go like this. You are a fresh Pokemon Ranger recruit. Just graduated the trainers school, and now you're officially a ranger. You get assigned to a base in the Samira region. You are assigned to Lapiz town, a small coastal city, and major port for the Samira Region. There are not Pokemon Trainers in the Samira region, but the citizens are protected by Pokemon Rangers. You must work with your new teammates to stop an oncoming threat. You can have a Patner Pokemon and thta's it. You cannot obtain any more. Also, you just graduated Pokemon Range Academy, so have a weaker partner pokemon. No super strong ones.

Also, a Partner Pokemon is optional, but recommended. You don't have to have one once you begin, and you can befriend one later on in the RP

Character Template
Name:
Apperance
Personality

Partner Pokemon
Name:
Species:

My character
Name: Mikey North
Apperance: Similar to Ben's in Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. but has a white scarf instead and a small pendant around his neck
Personality: Not very high-strung. Has a optimistic attitude, and always loves to have fun.

Partner Pokemon
Name: Sparky
Species: Shinx

The link is https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-rangers.15382/

Last edited:
This crossed my mind previously.

Name: Lilith "Snow" Tempest
Appearance: Snow is pale skinned. Her hair is brown on the left, and the right half is pink. Her eyes basically reflect her hair, her left eye being pink and her right being brown. Her hair goes a bit past the middle of her back, and it slightly covers her right eye.
Personality: Snow is kind and caring, and is always willing to help those in need. Snow is always willing to speak the truth, as long as it's not around those who are panicked, and she isn't afraid to admit her opinion on the odds.

Nickname: None
Species: Absol

Interesting, I have always been a fan of the Pokemon Rangers so might as well join this.

Name:Amber Jackson
Appearance: Amber has tan skin. Amber has long, dark brown hair worn in a super messy bun. Usually a piece of stray hair falls in her face and she usually blows it off but to no effect. She has simple brown eyes with a hint of golden yellow or amber in them. She is also a bit on the short side.
Personality:Amber is a happy-go-lucky girl who is a bit on the nerdy side. Amber loves nothing more than a good book and a cup of coffee with Lady snuggling in her lap. She is a bit shy when you first meet her but she warms up to people over time.

Name:Lady
Species:Skitty

Okay i'll have the RP up soon. You're both good. I'm going to have a team leader. An older guy or girl to lead the team. If any of you are interested in being this guy, or know someone who would be, let me know. If not then i'll fill out a profile for him or her, and be him.

Um... am I late? ^^

Name: Ren Carver
Appearance: He has slightly messy black hair that reaches slightly past his ears, which each have simple, silver hoop earrings. He is, to his dismay, fairly short for his age, with silver-gray eyes. When he's not in uniform, he can usually be seen wearing dark blue, well-worn jeans and a casual, V-neck black shirt. If it's cold out, he wears a gray hoodie. He wears two leather bracelets on his left arm that were given to him by his father for good luck before he left for the Ranger's Academy.
Personality: He is fairly quiet without really meaning to be, but can usually be seen with a friendly look on his face. He can be lazy as well, often having to be reminded to wake up and show up to work or other appointments. He has an easier time making friends with Pokemon than people, which is one of the things that inspired him to pursue a career as a Ranger.

Partner Pokemon
Name: Basil
Species: Minccino

Name: Alison Treasure
Apperance: Blond wavy hair, hazel eyes, blue tank top, red skirt, black knee socks, black boots and a twin necklace
Personality: Nice, fun, Happy

Name: Mary
Species: Plusle

Last edited:
Name: Alison
Apperance: Blond wavy hair, hazel eyes, blue tank top, red skirt, black knee socks, black boots and a twin necklace
Personality: Nice, fun, Happy

Name: Mary
Species: Plusle
It's fine but could I get a last name. I know it sounds like i'm being nitpicky, but i'm planning on setting up the leader as kind of formal, and he calls people by there last names. kind of like a drill sargent. But anyways other than that, you are good to go.

Last edited:
I guess i'll be the leader, but anyone can control him, just try to keep him in character. So anyone can continue on involving him, if i'm not there.

Name: Albert Thompson
Apperance: Wears a crisp olive green ranger uniform. Grey hair and a bushy mustache adorn his wrinkled face. Tall and extremely muscualr. He has he physical shape of a bodybuilder, despite his old age. Wears Black sunglasses when out in the field.
Personality: Very much like a drill Sargent. Very strict and calls people but their last names most of the time. He has a sweet spot for Pecha Berry cake, but other then that he could seem very mean and uptight. He's a good guy, with excellent morals. He works very hard, and wants everyone who works under him to act the same way.

Name: Jasmine
Species: Medicham

Name: Nathan Schouest
Apperance: same uniform as shadows of almia with white hair and green eyes
Personality: quiet, good hearted

Partner Pokémon
Name: Frost
Species: Snover

Fun.
Character Template
Name: Dylan Sage
Appearance: Short black hair swept to the left, black hoodie, navy jeans, grey running shoes
Personality: Extroverted and humorous, kind to people even if he doesn't know them

Partner Pokemon
Name: Elevar
Species: Pidgeotto

Added more information due to pristine detailings and to explain the Ditto's reasoning for not being able to transform into bigger Pokémon.

Ranger:
Name:
Fiora Casi
Skills: She can settle problems with younger Pokémon more easily. She is also more crafty when it comes to items being scarce.
Appearance: She has blond hair; while the top is neatly curled in a bun shape, as her body is skinny. She has green eyes, while she wears a monocle around her left eye. She wears a black turtleneck shirt, gray trousers; as she also has a blue jacket that has lightly blue fluffy patches around her shoulders. She has on dark blue tennis shoes; her socks are white with a black stripe at the soles.
Personality: She is kind, soft-spoken, and very gentle with others, especially with younger Pokémon. She can get carried away with her nice nature, as she does spoil her Pokémon occassionally.
Other: She carries a leather shoulder bag that has the basic items needed. (I.e. Pocket money, some medicinal items, some backup batteries etc.)

Partner Pokémon:
Name: Daniel
Species: Ditto
Skills: See below for more information.
Ability:
Limber (The Pokémon is immune to the effects of paralysis.)
Backstory: He was born in the region of Samira, as he was almost kidnapped by a group of unknown thugs. He quickly transformed into the Oshawott that attempted to attack him; as he quickly fled away disguised as him. The Oshawott taught him his own attacks that he developed over the course of months. He knew that the Ditto was not an ordinary Ditto, since he possessed the same trait that was rare to encounter within Pokémon. The Ditto attempted to transform into the Ryperior that he saw in his vision, but it didn't seem to work. Knowing that it was impossible to transform into the huge Pokémon, he turned towards the Oshawott for help. The Oshawott knew that the Ditto had obtained the same trait that he had himself; he soon parted ways after the Ditto was befriended with a Pokémon Ranger. (I understand if this might be a bit vague, as I was in a bit rush writing the character info sheets.)
Other:
He can be seen primarily as an Oshawott. (Though he will transform from time to time to throw others off if he has to.)
  • As it had been first revealed in the roleplay before mentioning, he has the ability to foresee events that are severe.
  • These events can range from an envionmental hazard, to a fight that he foresees that may result in significant damage if not dealt with.
  • Unfortunately, these visions are not always true when it comes to his thoughts, as it can also be false; especially if the issue in the vision is minor.
  • A short amount of time is presented to him to try to counter against the vision before it turns into reality. (Though there can be no way to counter it if the vision is false.)
  • Counter Example: Daniel sees a hyper beam going towards him in his vision. Daniel uses protect to nullify the damage from the hyper beam that came in his vision.
  • Counter Example #2: Daniel sees his trainer falling from the unstable bridge. Daniel goes to his trainer hurriedly and warns her before she goes onto the bridge.

Last edited:
Added more information due to pristine detailings and to explain the Ditto's reasoning for not being able to transform into bigger Pokémon.

Ranger:
Name:
Fiora
Skills: She can settle problems with younger Pokémon more easily. She is also more crafty when it comes to items being scarce.
Appearance: She has blond hair; while the top is neatly curled in a bun shape, as her body is skinny. She has green eyes, while she wears a monocle around her left eye. She wears a black turtleneck shirt, gray trousers; as she also has a blue jacket that has lightly blue fluffy patches around her shoulders. She has on dark blue tennis shoes; her socks are white with a black stripe at the soles.
Personality: She is kind, soft-spoken, and very gentle with others, especially with younger Pokémon. She can get carried away with her nice nature, as she does spoil her Pokémon occassionally.
Other: She carries a leather shoulder bag that has the basic items needed. (I.e. Pocket money, some medicinal items, some backup batteries etc.)

Partner Pokémon:
Name: Daniel
Species: Ditto
Skills: His skills are mostly unknown, as they will be revealed as the roleplay progresses.
Ability: Limber (The Pokémon is immune to the effects of paralysis.)
Backstory: He was born in the region of Samira, as he was almost kidnapped by a group of unknown thugs. He quickly transformed into the Oshawott that attempted to attack him; as he quickly fled away disguised as him. The Oshawott taught him his own attacks that he developed over the course of months. He knew that the Ditto was not an ordinary Ditto, since he possessed the same trait that was rare to encounter within Pokémon. The Ditto attempted to transform into the Ryperior that he saw in his vision, but it didn't seem to work. Knowing that it was impossible to transform into the huge Pokémon, he turned towards the Oshawott for help. The Oshawott knew that the Ditto had obtained the same trait that he had himself; he soon parted ways after the Ditto was befriended with a Pokémon Ranger.
Other: He can be seen primarily as an Oshawott. (Though he will transform from time to time to throw others off if he has to.)

It's good, but can you add a last name? It's how Thompson adresses people. Other than that, add a last name and you're good to go.

Should I reveal the Ditto's skills here? (It mainly applies when he is an Oshawott; as he does have something that is universally used, while the others require him to be an Oshawott.)

Well alright, also I just posted here and made it look like Fiora was late since the mission had already started haha.

I'll get to inputting his skills in, but be aware that it'll be a bit complex to explain. (I'll either edit it his character sheet on the skills or paste it below.)

Well you could find the other rangers and find out what's going on. That's a possibility, cause I think Thompson is at the point where he is about to break someone's neck.