• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Ranger, Almia goes old school. Discussion thread.

So, I notice more people are having trouble coming up with stuff.

I'm kind of going against Nukas' plan here, a bit of a sin in collaborative storytelling. I hope this is still constructive enough to work anyway.

That's completely fine with me, mine was just a suggestion, but I think your's works better.
I think you're a trooper, keeping the RP going like this.

I hope others will soon find a good way to weigh in and find stuff to do again as well.

@AceyPie: I'm assuming the license to auto still stands should we need your partners nose or something in the foreseeable future. Given that I kind of wrote that into the plan now... If that's not okay please react here. (If the assumption Zian can track something marked with scent is wrong because of some interesting in character information, do your thing.)

I completely forgot about this... geez

And yes you can still auto Celia and Zian... (who does have good nose like sny other dog) I dunno when I'll have actual free time and not just lunch breaks to get back into this... thanks for reminding me though

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I think you're a trooper, keeping the RP going like this.
I just really like this Rp and I don't like letting things die, but I'm definitely not the only one as Hydra and Kyuu are here too.
The word simple couldn't have been an adjective further from the truth. As she rose to her feet, it wasn't with the casual extending of the knees and back, but instead, she'd extended a single leg, almost as if in a split, with the tip of her toe pointed outwardly. With a slow but graceful withdrawal, her legs reunited as she stood and then peaked atop the tips of her toes. As she lowered herself onto the balls of her feet, what accompanied the motion was bending knees and the deliberate but skillful gyration of her shoulders and waist in sync. Her body was boneless, like a serpent, and in concert with the display of flexibility by her torso her elbows, wrists, and fingers got to work with ephemeral gestures. She twirled on the spot, a steady rotation that matched the spiraling motion of Mysu's tail and the feline pranced about before its human partner. With a dramatic flourishing finish, she struck a pose -a Ranger pose, a Ranger salute. The unique series of actions performed by each ranger upon the acceptance or completion of a mission.
This was beautiful. I wish I had remembered these in my post, but I'll definitely have a response to that

I just really like this Rp and I don't like letting things die, but I'm definitely not the only one as Hydra and Kyuu are here too.

This was beautiful. I wish I had remembered these in my post, but I'll definitely have a response to that
Yea, I've been thinking of the Ranger Pose for a while now xD I just happened to settle on belly dancing since Wynter is from the Desert. It was...surprisingly hard to visualize anything and even harder to describe it lmao.

Lefty was walking along when he bumped into a rock. 'What is this?' he thought, 'bumps in the road? That should be forbidden, bumps. Like they are on message boards. Bumpity bumpy bumps.'

;) Me and DarkHydra reacted a while back, this is a headsup to that.

Hi Keleboom,

Welcome to the RP. There are quite a few players here, but we have recently split into two teams and we are bound to lose a few characters to inactivity sooner or later, so we have room for another face on the team.

There are a few points of note though:

1 This RP takes place in a historic setting, roughly a century and a half before the present day. Your bio is rather short and to the point, so I'm afraid I can't tell whether you picked up on that. Keep that in mind though when playing your background. There is travel between regions by means of sailing ships, steam boats, overland journeys on foot or by Pokémon and in some cases trains, it's just a bit more of a hassle than it would be in a present day setting. Similarly there's no reason a nature reserve/zoo/Pokémon handout center like the Safari Zone could not exist, but it would be cool if you have some sort of an idea of what could be different about it in this era. And the same goes for other details like the rise of crime in Kanto, would those guys really call themselves Team Rocket already?

2 This is not my request, but the site prefers that we write in the third person, as if it's a book. So "Jeffrey is usually pretty good at being nice", rather than "I am ...". I don't expect you to change the post above, but keep this in mind while writing in the RP thread.

That said, I like the power level of your partners. You kept them very reasonable. Do keep in mind that we have a Plusle and Minun in the group already, so you and Nukas, who writes those two, may have to try and not steal each others thunder too much. I also like the skill of being able to hear distressed people well. That's certainly useful and I unless it's slipping my mind right now I don't think we have that one yet. As long as that EXTREMELY easy doesn't turn into a complete across the region superpower. ;)

We left the yearly bootcamp this in game morning. This bootcamp is for the new batch of fresh recruit but also gets visited by a lot of trainees ans rookies from previous years. (Pick whichever flavor you'd like to be.) Right now we're split up and night is falling. Your character can join either group as far as I'm concerned, just try to have some sort of reason for being there. You could run into Lucas a bit earlier this afternoon, he's making drawings of a strange device sitting in a clearing near the road to Bootcamp Island, where we came from. He'll be catching up to the group that's on the main road to Pueltown in the north as the evening falls, another place where it's easy to find a reason to run into people. The other group is on smaller footpaths roughly south of Vientown in the forest (there's a map in the opening post), they might be on the trail of some nefarious activity, so if you can think of a good way to tie into that we can meet you there. I'm willing to let you join as "this guy was there all along", as well. But we're getting to the point where that's no longer truly optimal.

Good posts from the RP thread to read, for catching up on the current storyline might be post 84, posts 89 and 93, posts 109, 114 and 117 and posts 144, 147 and 148. And the very first post of course, and/or the first post of this thread, they contain largely the same stuff. Yes, I realize that's a lot. But I think that together those touch on most of the thing we're doing now.

Welcome to the crew.

2 This is not my request, but the site prefers that we write in the third person, as if it's a book. So "Jeffrey is usually pretty good at being nice", rather than "I am ...". I don't expect you to change the post above, but keep this in mind while writing in the RP thread.

This is not my request Paddler, but the site actually asks us to write in the third person past tense. "Jeffrey did a thing" rather than "Jeffrey does a thing". Try not to mess that up.

Okay Paddler, I will. Enough with the rules already.

(I think it's time for me to get out of here for today.)

@KeLeBOOM000:

Please try to read my post welcoming you above and modify your post in the RP section accordingly. This is +- 150 years ago. I have a description of everything from tech level to how Pokémon are handled in the opening post. The SS Anne is not that old (and if this is another ship of the same name please say so), and your character is not on vacation until the modern gangsters have been dealt with in a storyline from the modern time games. Also try to work in a way for you to actually meet us at the current point in our mission. I would really recommend reading some of those posts I named for you. That will give you an idea of where we are and what this RP is about. Also try to bring some flavor into things. It's entirely possible a daycare like facility does exist, but we have no idea what it looks like in the "Almia goes oldschool" age. So please describe details like that. Tell us about the kind old lady who walked for three days to get fresh milk for the lost little Spearow (yes, I'm pretty sure bird Pokémon drink milk, why?) who got hit by one of those fancy coaches with way too much woodwork. It's alright if you don't post right now, you'll still be welcome a week from now if that's what you need to get into the mood.

I know I'm being annoying, but this is collaborative story telling, it needs to work together.

Not to be super rude here, but if you have no idea where Keleboom's character Jeffrey has suddenly appeared from or how to react to his appearance feel free to ignore him for now. This RP was honestly confusing enough, which is probably one of the reasons we stalled and which is why I made my recent post trying to set straight where people and resetting what is going on into a manageable situation.

I have a pm thread running with Keleboom where we're trying to work things out. He's starting to ask questions about what's going on and I hope we can get him up and running in a role in our story that makes sense soon.

EDIT: Of course if you're not confused and do know how to react, feel free to do that as well.

EDIT 2: Okay, I'm done being rude for now, I'm happy again. (Also, this looks a bit like talking to myself now, but there used to be a reply.)

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
So, You've probably not seen this in a different thread, but Keleboom was actually a known sockpuppet and thus they have been removed from the thread, any other thread they've been participating in and the site at large, so - apologies if this created some scrambles in your thread.

No scrambles, just a bunch of wasted effort. My master Yoda act seemed to actually work for getting him interested in the lore of the first 150 posts.

Of course now it makes sense. I wouldn't read up or patiently wait for others to reply before messaging them if I knew the character had about a week to live.

If Keleboom ends up reading this, some unsollicited advice: I'd start by making a very specific apology and dropping on your knees and telling the moderators you'll be good this timy pinky promise pretty please. All over pm of course. Right now you're just collecting more reasons to be banned.

Last edited:
@PeachyPie, @malcolm debourg: We seem to be having a bit of a post storm. If you can find the time it might be fun if you manage to squeeze in a new post before or during the holidays.

I can hardly find the time to check on this, dont count me out though... I hope, I'll start reading through everything I've missed

Yeah, the way Lucas planned it out it looks like 3 players per group, which sounds really good, but it looks like we might be missing a couple? @PeachyPie and @malcolm debourg, are you still around by any chance?
Still here... barely... but still here

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I was seeing if there was someone else still looking to get into the action now that we're having some angry Beedrill for dinner. giving them a few days to react. Apart from Sarah (above this post) @kyuukestu, @DragonFlye and @Nukas have been active relatively recent story-wise.
Does like 2 months ago really count as relatively recently, because I think that was the last time I was on charms. I have plenty of rps I have to reply to, but I will get to this one as soon as possible.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Well, my character actually needed a response from DragonFlye...but if someone tells me what she's supposed to be doing I will get right to that xD
Well if I remember correctly, Wynter went with the team in the North. right now they are currently getting bombarded with evolving Beedrill. The team in the South also met up with the team in the North shortly before this happened. Please forgive me if I'm forgetting anything, but that should be the main stuff.

Last edited:
hey @kyuukestu what's Wynter's status right now? I've read through past posts but my inactivity has left me confused on... everything
She hasn't actually moved since you dashed past her in this post here

Another terribly long run all they way north "Geez Zian cant you slow down bud?" Celia huffed, pretending Zian could understand him or hear him for that matter, Zian on the other hand seems to have bumped into the other group, he sped through Wynter, Jordan and Msyu, who was left quite frightened by the lightning fast Lycanroc running through. Not a moment later Celia arrived, worse for wear which was a first she had never gotten tired following after Zian before... "AH" she bent over and held her knees, gasping for air "Zian's- never run that- fast before..." She stopped between words to take in air... and as Celia hoped Zian came back, knowing his partner wasnt able to keep up, he whimpered sitting down infront of her "Im fine bud... what's gotten you so worked up?" Celia let herself fall to the ground, still trying to recover from that tediously long run, and it looks like Zian was too as he rolled out his tongue and began taking pants "Remind me what this group was doing again...? I forgot..." She chuckled awkwardly

so correct me if I'm wrong but Wynter is currently being assaulted Beedrill just like everyone else... right? I'm thinking maybe Celia from atop the tree rushes down recklessly in an attempt to help her and the others gets stung by one or a dozen maybe beedrill