• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: Rainbow Ties Discussion

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
Well since he specializes in dragon type and Mimi has a dragon type of her own, what if her Dragonite and one of his Pokemon challenged each other. I was planning it so that Mimi would stay at the Hano Grand Resort, so maybe it would make more since if they bump into each other there or if their Pokemon bump into each other without their trainers and cause a stir

You mean their dragon types not getting along? That might be an interesting idea, just means Arthur will have to keep the mask on for a bit more and I don't plan for him to completely reveal his face in the hotel. Most likely he'd make a strict note that he doesn't want to be disturbed without warning, this way no one comes in and accidentally sees his face.

I'm not really in this, but good idea. I've been waiting on everyone else to post before me. But no rush or anything about posting. Take your time, I just hope the RP doesn't die out very quickly.

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
I think the whole Dragonite and his Pokemon not getting along fiasco is the most sensible. But since he's keeping his mask on, would he recognize Mimi while she's oblivious? I mean that sounds the most logical in my opinion

I'm sure he would but for her sake, he wouldn't say very much. I'd say maybe Haxorus could be the one to get in to an argument/fight with Dragonite.

If you like, maybe Mimi could see Arthur behind the mask after accidentally intruding or something yet she makes sure not to tell anyone. Or would she be too excited and really want to tell people?

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
I mean maybe she runs into his room forgetting to knock in order to apologize to him for Dragonite's behavior. She wouldn't tell anybody since she understands the purpose of the whole mask.

Question: Are the characters aware of what each crystal petal represents? Like, would David know he has the Crystal of Determination specifically?

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
It should be unknown to them as to what each of their crystal represented. They should figure it out when they're confronted by our beloved evil organization :3

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
That's a great idea! Let's do that since I was confused as to how to get the RP going. But in order to draw the others in why dont we make it The Dragon Knight vs Hype Queen Mimi? It would be a battle against too well known people and so the press would broadcast it and the others would hear about it, leading up to them all reuniting

Maybe, but Arthur may have to go somewhere to hide and secretly change from his Dragon Knight persona. Maybe he can give off the excuse that he was late and missed the battle afterwards?

I'm new to the site but I'm not new to rping! (Honestly didn't even know this site had rp boards??) This looks fun so I figure I'd try to apply~

Name: Harper Bauer
Crystal Petal: Green Crystal of Peace

Personality: As a kid, Harper was an anxious mess and easy to agitate. With age, Harper eased into the personification of sleepy vibes. She is easy to approach and talk to, always one to mediate in a tense situation between friends and Pokemon. While she looks like she could fall asleep on her feet, Harper is fairly alert and attentive, observation on most occasions. She can be a patient force of empathy and has a habit of taking in Pokemon that are often difficult, abused or misunderstood. As a take away, she can be overly bullheaded and stubborn. Harper has a hard time recognizing her own limits and, as a result, often under sleeps. She loves caring for her dad's massive garden whenever she visits, leading to her choice of nicknames.

Appearance: Harper stands at 5'5, an androgynous, angular face with grey eyes. The dark bags under her eyes and slouched posture lends to her seeming perpetually tired. Harper has medium length, brown hair that is a tangled mess on the best of days. She pins the mess back with at least four multi-colored hair clips at any given moment. She wears a faded, patchy green parka with a matted, fuzzy hood-- though on the islands she tends to tie her jacket around her waist. Harper sticks to cool colors, wearing an over-sized tank top with floral pattern. She has grey jean shorts with black tights underneath, and electric green high tops. Her crystal dangles from her left ear, amidst a few other stud piercings on both ears. An orange backpack is slung over her shoulder-- definitely carries care products for her Pokemon (combs, treats, first aid) as well as various seeds and berries in approximate containers.

Team:
Typhlosion (male) - Basil
Gengar (male) - Onion
Riolu (female) - Hyssop
Sneasel (male) - Aster
Ivysaur (male) - Chickpea
Gabite (female) - Flax

Backstory: Harper comes from a broken home. Between her divorced parents, she has traveled across many regions throughout her youth until her mother finally remarried and settled down in frigid Snowpoint City, Sinnoh. Her distanced father was the one to first send Cyndaquil, a friend and comfort during the massive adjustments. While the company helped, Harper was wildly ill adjusted and prone to spontaneous adventures in the nearby wilds of Snowpoint without her family's knowledge. The frequent trips to the woods and Temple were the first places she'd find abandoned and mistreated Pokemon. Harper would visit her biological father in Goldenrod City on occasion, until he moved to the outskirts of Olivine City where she took on a fondness for gardening.

Harper was 7 when her step father took her family on a lengthy vacation to Alola where she would met her fateful friends. The trip was not nearly long enough, leaving her missing her friends dearly. The experience shifted her perspective to take a more empathetic role in herself as well as others. Afterwards, with her friends in mind, Harper started to take in the Pokemon she'd find around her city to give them the patience and love they deserve.

Lemme know if I need to adjust anything!

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
I'm new to the site but I'm not new to rping! (Honestly didn't even know this site had rp boards??) This looks fun so I figure I'd try to apply~

Name: Harper Bauer
Crystal Petal: Green Crystal of Peace

Personality: As a kid, Harper was an anxious mess and easy to agitate. With age, Harper eased into the personification of sleepy vibes. She is easy to approach and talk to, always one to mediate in a tense situation between friends and Pokemon. While she looks like she could fall asleep on her feet, Harper is fairly alert and attentive, observation on most occasions. She can be a patient force of empathy and has a habit of taking in Pokemon that are often difficult, abused or misunderstood. As a take away, she can be overly bullheaded and stubborn. Harper has a hard time recognizing her own limits and, as a result, often under sleeps. She loves caring for her dad's massive garden whenever she visits, leading to her choice of nicknames.

Appearance: Harper stands at 5'5, an androgynous, angular face with grey eyes. The dark bags under her eyes and slouched posture lends to her seeming perpetually tired. Harper has medium length, brown hair that is a tangled mess on the best of days. She pins the mess back with at least four multi-colored hair clips at any given moment. She wears a faded, patchy green parka with a matted, fuzzy hood-- though on the islands she tends to tie her jacket around her waist. Harper sticks to cool colors, wearing an over-sized tank top with floral pattern. She has grey jean shorts with black tights underneath, and electric green high tops. Her crystal dangles from her left ear, amidst a few other stud piercings on both ears. An orange backpack is slung over her shoulder-- definitely carries care products for her Pokemon (combs, treats, first aid) as well as various seeds and berries in approximate containers.

Team:
Typhlosion (male) - Basil
Gengar (male) - Onion
Riolu (female) - Hyssop
Sneasel (male) - Aster
Ivysaur (male) - Chickpea
Gabite (female) - Flax

Backstory: Harper comes from a broken home. Between her divorced parents, she has traveled across many regions throughout her youth until her mother finally remarried and settled down in frigid Snowpoint City, Sinnoh. Her distanced father was the one to first send Cyndaquil, a friend and comfort during the massive adjustments. While the company helped, Harper was wildly ill adjusted and prone to spontaneous adventures in the nearby wilds of Snowpoint without her family's knowledge. The frequent trips to the woods and Temple were the first places she'd find abandoned and mistreated Pokemon. Harper would visit her biological father in Goldenrod City on occasion, until he moved to the outskirts of Olivine City where she took on a fondness for gardening.

Harper was 7 when her step father took her family on a lengthy vacation to Alola where she would met her fateful friends. The trip was not nearly long enough, leaving her missing her friends dearly. The experience shifted her perspective to take a more empathetic role in herself as well as others. Afterwards, with her friends in mind, Harper started to take in the Pokemon she'd find around her city to give them the patience and love they deserve.

Lemme know if I need to adjust anything!
Awwww I love this! Accepted! I hope you join the RP~ If you need any help finding a place to start just tell me and I'll gently alter the RP so you can have an opening to join~

Changed my earlier post because Gigalith probably doesn’t eat either. I think it absorbs sunlight or something.
Also welcome to Pokecharms, Neptune! Great character too.

Oh gosh, thank you guys! I gotta catch up on reading the posts I've missed while writing this out haha. I'll definitely let you know if I need help popping in!

Edit//
It took ages and it ended up really long but I promise not all my replies will be this long haha. Its always the initial post aaaah!

Last edited:
@Crystal1302 He gained a fear of fire types five years after the summer camp. But there's still enough evidence of who he is. I guess I could have his Lycanroc be a Rockruff he had from years back.

Oooh I think either a battle in the beach or maybe at the Battle Dome would be a good way to get everyone together! Just depends on whether you like writing about statiums or outdoors!

I think Dragon Dance, or Dragon Claw could work. Since Outrage is a bit risky Dragon Claw could be useful, however Dragon Dance would boost it's speed and attack, the main things Haxorus is capable of.

Hm...Counter ought to be a good move. Didn't think about that one, personally I'd go with Dragon Dance though. It's your Pokemon anyways : P

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
After Mimi loses to Arthur, should they all just chill at the beach but once the sun starts setting their crystals all start flowing and that's when Cosmos Inc first makes their appearance?

Well Richie and Alex were going to have a battle, but the battle could probably get interrupted. That'd be a good way to start the story though!

Last edited:
Also if it's fine by you tokki I changed Richie's pokemon from Muk to Toxicroak, I happen to like the Croagunk line a bit better, and since Muk hadn't appeared yet, I don't think it should be a big problem.

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
As long as the Pokemon hasn't been mentioned yet then it's fine if you switch your Pokemon, that's what I did with Ampharos since I put Galvantula first then I realized the Pokemon didnt fit the vibe :3

After the battle, The Dragon Knight will need to hide somewhere where no one would look as he changes back to being Arthur.

Think I might have Haxorus know Counter to make things interesting, if he had Dragon Dance, I would've had him use it near the start.

Imma nix my last reply since it didn't add to anyone's post. It was slightly out of character and has been bugging me. So, Harper is still in the inner ring of the crowd. Rest assured, I will not make a habit out of deleting posts!!

Both dragons fought so well!! Good writing, you two!

Since Alex and Richie started the battle without us, should I edit my post so David's asking to battle Harper specifically?
Edited the post to do just that.

Last edited: