• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Radiation

https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-radiation.18039/ RP

So, I guess I'll get in to the story right away.
The Radi Region's eastern seaboard has been purged by Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, and Omega radiation. These different radiation types give Pokemon different stat raises, but exposing your Pokemon to more than two radiation types makes them so powerful that tamed 3+ radiation Pokemon have to handle the situation. Alpha radiation gives your Pokemon a raised speed stat: +40 speed, and this number is the same for all radiation types. The rare and illustrious Cosmic Radiation (kinda stole the 'cosmic' part from @CosmicDreams name, by the way he might be joining us!) gives your Pokemon a +15% boost in all stats except for HP in which it gives a 20% boost. Beta radiation gives your Pokemon a boosted defense, Delta gives attack, Gamma gives special defense, and Omega gives special attack. Finally, radiation changes your Pokemon's color. Alpha gives your Pokemon a bright blue hue, Beta gives a bright green hue, Delta dark green, Gamma orange, and Omega light red. Anyway, here's the bio in which you will pick your character name, the starter, (any starter up to gen 7, ask me if you want any different ones via PM) what your character dresses like, and any other things I may not have mentioned.
Name:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing:
Identifying Marks:
Musculature:
Personality:
Skills:
Past:
Family:
Love Relationships?:
Pokémon: Species, Nickname, Gender, Ability, Hidden Power, Special Features,
History/Personality, etc.

EDIT 1: You may have as many characters as you want as long as you can keep them all in line and caught up. Don't go over your personal limit!
EDIT 2: You may use mild PG-13 language. Please, no F-Bombing.
EDIT 3: You cannot have more than one Pokemon that has been exposed to Cosmic Radiation.
EDIT 4: Romance is allowed. Try not to go overboard, and please start the thread with an OOC message if it gets romantic. Some people would not like to see your moments.
EDIT 5: Fan-Made Pokemon are allowed as long as you have permits from the original owner of the Pokemon.
EDIT 6: @CosmicDreams told me to tag @Aquaman so there you go
EDIT 7: Team Nucleus is the evil team and 'Nuclear Radiation' turns Pokemon into a "shadow" type Pokemon and they will be uncontrollable.
EDIT 8: Family members are, as would be said in the games, NPCs. Anyone may control their actions/speech, though.
EDIT 9: Pokemon may have as many moves as you want. This is basically an anime but not on TV.

During school, a Team Nucleus attacks the school during graduation (This is confusing me already lol) and only the characters that are posting here - also known as the Chosen - make it out, not hostage to the evil team's bidding. They must save the school - and the entire region - from Team Nucleus and make it out alive.

Last edited:
Name: Delta Greene
Hometown: Memory Village
Height: 5'8"
Weight: around 120-130 lbs, not a heavy person
Hair: dark-ish blond with dark green streaks
Eyes: Dark green
Clothing: Wears a pair of jeans, a black v-neck t-shirt, a green scarf(characters may have clothing upgrades, as mine might), a dark green leather jacket, green cap for the sun, black backpack for storage.
Identifying Marks: He has a birthmark on his neck that looks like a Rayquaza.
Musculature: Not very strong, focuses on Pokemon
Personality: Very warm-hearted, good natured, and funny.
Skills: Tying knots, can understand Pokemon well, battling
Past: Delta was born in the village clinic, and was raised by his father most of his life; his mother would go out to work. He learned Pokemon battling and is one of the best in his village.
Family: Two sisters: Sofia and Tiffanie(exotic spelling!), Dad: Morton, Mom: Steph
Love Relationships?: None so far
Pokémon: Uses a Grovyle that just evolved and nicknamed it Scale. (Moves: Leaf Blade, Mega Drain, Quick Attack, Leer, Absorb, Slash, Pound, Headbutt.)

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Eclipse Nebula
Hometown: Galactius City
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lb
Hair: silver spikey hair
Eyes: Red right and blue left eye
Clothing: silver colored gloves; black vest with white sleeves; black and white striped tie; black dress pants and shoes; black and white striped fedora; sunglasses; black bandana on neck, sometimes on mouth
Identifying Marks: His eyes
Musculature: a bit fit but nothing too much
Personality: TBA
Skills: Strategizing; mathematics; body movement recognition; ability to read unown language
Past: Eclipse's family is middle-class and his parents work on the factory in Galactius City. He goes to the Memory Town Pokémon School since it's the closest town and because Galactius City doesn't have a school. Galactius City is west of most places in Radi Region so the closest place is northeast which is Memory Village.
Family: only child; regular parents
Love Relationships?: N/A
Pokémon: Species, Nickname, Gender, Ability, Hidden Power, Special Features:
Shiny Beldum
Silver
Neutral
Clear Body
HP Water
Will be exposed to cosmic radiation; Eclipse just recently got him; starts with Zen Headbutt and Iron Head instead of take down(lowered power) which is allowed by Worthy
Silver is from the factory in Galactius City that has cosmic radiation

Last edited:
Hey, I am new to Pokecharms and was wondering if maybe I could join?

Name:Cole Davidson

Hometown:Memory Village (I am not sure of these locations, so feel free to correct me)

Height: He is around 5'9 feet or 175 centimeters

Weight: He is 120 pounds or around 54 kilograms

Hair: His hair is a dark chocolate colored brown and is quite messy and shaggy. His hair is not worn long though, and only goes down to his neck.

Eyes:His eyes are deep, chocolate brown with hints of light green in them. They are made larger by his black,thick rimmed glasses.

Clothing:
Cole wears a pure white dress shirt. Over his shirt he wears a olive green sweater or cardigan and sometimes takes it off when he is hot. His pants are dark blue jeans and he wears a brown, woven leather belt around his waist. His shoes are simple, black converse tennis shoes and he also wears plain, white sock underneath them. He is often seen with his yellow shoulder bag similar to the one worn by Brandon in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Identifying Marks: He does have a small mole under his left eye, which he hides with his hand if you point out.

Musculature: While he does have muscules, he isn't by any means "ripped or "jacked". He is is relatively skinny though.

Personality:
Cole is a timid person, hardly ever socializing with people his age. He find it hard because he is a huge dork. Cole is extremely nerdy and rather spend his time reading a book than making actual friends because in his opinion, "Books can't hurt you as much as humans can"But once you get past the shy layer, Cole is actually quite goofy and friendly. He loves to make silly faces and make horrible puns. A lot of people see him as "Feminine" or "Weak" but he is actually quite strong. Well, mentally that is. Cole is intelligent and is not afraid to show it. So if you don't like dorky,goofy, nerds, Cole isn't going to exactly be your best friend.

Skills:
Intelligence: Cole is very intelligent for a kid his age, knowing a lot of about battling and what strategies to use.
Mathematics and Science:While he is good with both history and ELA, Math and Science are his real strong suits. Cole can easily do math most teens his age couldn't, which astounds his parents.
Balance/Agility: Despite him not being physically muscular, Cole is decent at sports involving balance and running. He is quite face and his body quite flexible.

Past:
Cole had a pretty normal childhood in Memory Village. His mother raised him and his adopted sister all by herself. During his childhood, Cole was so timid, he didn't even leave the house unless his mother was went him and the trip wasn't long. Cole has such bad social anxiety that he wouldn't even talk to his other family members like his aunt or uncle. His mother knew he couldn't live his life like this so she told Cole to try and become a Pokemon Trainer. He did, and started to train a Mareep. He grew very attached to the Mareep and over time he became more and more social.
Family:
Janice "Jan" Davidson: Jan is Cole's mother, and she is who Cole is most close with.

Unknown Father:Cole's father left his mother when Cole was only 5 months old. So Cole doesn't know much about him

Caitlyn "Kat" Davidson: Kat is Cole's 8 year old adopted sister. They get along well. That is, until Kat tries to steal Cole's stuff. But he loves his little sister anyway.

Love Relationships?: None, currently at the moment

Pokémon:
Species:Totodile

Nickname: Dash

Ability:Sheer Force

Hidden Power:
Hidden Power Ice

Special Features:
He will eventually be exposed to Cosmic Radiation. His Moves are Hidden Power Ice, Scratch, Bite, and Water Gun (If that's okay, Bite and Water Gun are not starting moves, rather level up moves)

Personality: (I will update this later, I am working on something else currently)

History:
Dash was a Pokemon Egg given to Cole by a neighbor of his. He noticed that the older woman seemed sad and he asked why. The woman said she couldn't raise the egg she had found. Cole felt sympathy for the woman and told her he would take care of the egg, if she took care of his Flaaffy for him. They both agreed and Cole got the egg. When the egg hatched, Cole was shocked to find a small Totodile inside. It was smaller than average but it looked strong. Cole named it Dash cause right after it bursted from it's egg, he dashed around Cole's bedroom rather fast.

Hi there!
This seems like a pretty cool thread, and I'd love to join, but I've sort of drifted out of the Pokemon phase as of late. I'm trying to get back in, so if I make some dumb mistake regarding it, please correct me. :>

Name: Aspen Colette
Hometown: Castelia City
Height: 5'3 (Violently Short.)
Weight: 112lbs.
Hair: Sort of a silverish blonde color, Aspen's hair is somewhat odd. Her roots are dark, and the blackish-brown easily spirals and fades into the silver. It just passes from 'short' to 'medium', bunching up in messy waves around her shoulders. It's usually up, though, in some sort of half-attempted ponytail or just left down.
Eyes: Her eyes are a deep chocolate brown, and (in her opinion), the only near 'pretty' thing about her. Matching her dark eyes, her eyebrows and eyelashes are dark, her brows neatly trimmed, although there is some shadow under her eyes. Not bags, but they pose just a hint of grimness onto her face. Dotted around her eyes and cheeks are faint, pale brown freckles that compliment her overall pale complexion.
Clothing: Aspen tends to wear casual things; specifically, a nicely-fitting white tee accompanied with an olive green bomber jacket. She wears raggedly torn black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. The closest thing to jewelry that she wears is a claw or tooth of sorts intertwined with copper wire and connected to a simple copper chain (which she wears as a necklace).
Identifying Marks: None really, except her hair.
Musculature: Despite her scrawny figure, the girl is somewhat muscular. She isn't 'toned' or 'ripped', but her legs host a good amount of muscle. Her arms, though, not so much. Her mindset is a lot more strong than her physical features.
Personality: Aspen is... nowhere near perfect. She is, for a lack of better words, cold. Not physically, but mentally. She's never been the best at 'friends', and prefers to keep to herself. She's 'Left-Brained', almost entirely (the left brain controls the more analytical part of the brain- the right is more emotional). She's efficient and silent, in an almost mysterious way. Not mysterious like the cliche 'School-Shooter kid in a Trenchcoat' way, but in a more silent loner way. She refuses to let her emotions get through, or at least not often. If she is fond of you, or her friend, she will be a bit warmer, but the chances of her making friends alone are already slim. She's the kind of anxious awkward kid that will involuntarily blush (And, when I say blush, I mean her entire face will get red) when she even hears someone else speak her name. Really, though, she is a very caring person, with a bright sense of humor. She just doesn't quite like getting that part out to people.
Skills: Among certain things, Aspen is good at things that suit her personality. Figuring things out, understanding, etc. Because she's not much of a talker, she's good at listening as well. She is very in sync with her Pokemon, and they fight extremely well together.
Past: Aspen lived a complicated life. She used to be very loud, rambunctious... happy, overall. But two years prior, her father (who was already in a difficult spot), became a little bit too prone to alcohol and went the whole 'abusive' route. Since then she'd shut down, mainly in fear of it happening again. She's the kind of person that doesn't want to get hurt again, but would much rather herself be hurt, be it physically or mentally, than a friend. Maybe because she knew the odds of making friends in general were very low. Her mother had died during childbirth with her, with was the reasoning for her father's alcoholism. She always beat herself up over it, mentally yelling at herself that "Other people have it so much worse, stop feeling bad for yourself", and she still does to this day. So, ultimately, she moved out to live with her aunt and few cousins in the city. While she was there, she got accepted into a small private school by the name of Memory Town Pokemon School. And here we are.
Family:
Father: Lance Colette
Mother: Charlotte Colette {Deceased}
Sister: Vee Colette
Aunt: Marianna Etienne
Cousins: Aaron Etienne & Shawn Etienne
Love Relationships?: Hah. N/A.
Aspen's partner is a Gabite, who easily towers over her (and everyone she knows) at a scary 5'9. Gabite is male, and she gave him the name of Kaiju, which means 'giant monster' in Japanese, when he was just a Gible. He possesses the ability Rough Skin, and have a moveset of Dual Chop, Hone Claws, Stone Edge, and Earthquake.
Kaiju is similar to Aspen in many ways, in the roughly silent way, except he is a lot more intimidating and a lot more intense. He's a glarer, and will shoot, without hesitation, deadly stares at just about anyone. And of course it's terrifying due to his appearance.

GAHH. I'm so sorry for the NOVEL of a REPLY. I get carried away. uhgngghh. Sorry again! :w:

Last edited:
Name: Lucas Bruns
Hometown: Cerulean City
Height: 6'3 feet.
Weight: 120 pounds (Not that Heavy)
Hair: Bright Golden blond hair.
Eyes: Aqua Blue Eyes
Clothing: Wears a pair of Blue Shorts, a Blue v-neck t-shirt, Has Black shades on and carries around a small bag around the waist.
Identifying Marks: His birthmark is a waterfall
Musculature: Quite buff, and Skinny.
Personality: Cocky At times, Confident, Intelligent and Quirky
Skills: Controlling Waves.
Past: Lucas was born under acient water controllers, His older cousion Misty became the Cerulean City Gym Leader, Lucas spent two years living in a cave under the water in a ocean between Johto and Kanto.
Family: Mother; Samantha, Father: N/A, Rival (neighbour): Jake. Sisters: Leah, Amy and Kirsty and The Younger cousion of Misty.
Love Relationships?: None.
Pokémon: Uses a Octillary (With Gunk Shot, HydroPump, Icebeam and Psychic

@Cometophobia accepted but please make the Garchomp at least a Gabite as none of us have final evolutions and I do not see it as fair. Also, as a note to everyone, please contact me for a starter other than a gen 1-7 starter Pokemon. I'm letting these two slide, but any more will result in an instant removal from the RP. Thanks!
@Lucas bruns accepted! Enjoy your stay! Also, please do not have Hydro Pump, IceBeam, and Psychic. It's not fair to everyone else. Maybe, water gun, psyshock, and ice shard?
Overall: Both accepted!
EDIT: Please do not have overpowered attacks while I'm sitting here not having even Giga Drain.

Last edited:
Yeah! I already posted my bit of story, but I'm not gonna post again until someone else does, because I have this whole story plotted out and I should probably add that to the beginning thread.

Name: Trinity Foster
Hometown: Little-Rock City
Height: 5'5
Weight: 127 pounds
Hair: Smooth and straight, it is almost flawlessly slick despite her restlessness. Trimmed neatly at her waist, her hair falls evenly on either side of her head and his tuck behind her ears, it holds a dark purple color which almost seems black in dim lighting.
Eyes: Despite her dark hair, Trinity's eyes are bright and lively. They hold a rick amber color that fades to an almost gold as it reaches away from the iris.
Clothing: Trinity had never been much for fashion, although her closet consists mostly of tank-tops and jeans she still manages to go mis-coordinated nearly every day.
Identifying Marks: The mark on her lower left hip is shaped slightly to look like a lighting bolt but the edges are blurred
Musculature: Well muscled for a girl her age
Personality: Energetic and Tenacious yet Rash and Hot-headed (MORE IN RP)
Skills: Is fairly strong, and develops deep bonds with her pokemon
Past: Not much out of the ordinary as far as her 'past' goes. She doesn't talk about her mother who passed at a young age, but it never effected her much.
Family: Jared Foster; Father - Kimmi Foster; Older sister - Leanna Foster; Younger sister
Love Relationships: None currently

Pokémon:
Species:
Shiny Dedenne
Nickname: Jazz
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Moves: Charge, Thunder Shock, Tail Whip, Charge, Charm, Parabolic Charge
Jazz is small but confident, he had absolutely no fear and loves a good fight- he is also extremely loyal and is deeply bonded with Trinity

Last edited:
Accepted

I swear I'm not gonna keep letting these custom starters slide. Please contact me via PM to work out having a different starter other than Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, etc. NO OTHER POKEMON UNLESS GIVEN PERMISSION BY ME. Please. Thank you.

Oh, wow, I didn't even consider starters. I've been out of Pokemon for a bit toooo long.
I was thinking maybe a Torchic for Aspen, but I'm not too sure :w:

Gabite is fine, and we can twist the plot so that you encounter a Torchic. I just really don't like people getting different starters behind my back.

@Shadow Lucario while I don't mind you joining please fill out this form for your character.
Name:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing:
Identifying Marks:
Musculature:
Personality:
Skills:
Past:
Family:
Love Relationships?:

As Cod fell asleep, Flares woke up. He burned the door down (like the jerk he is sometimes) and went down the hall, where he started a small adventure for his own. He crept down until he noticed somebody run into a nearby room. Normally his first reaction would be to tell Cod, but he continued slowly. The man came back out, and Flares started growling, which woke up Cod. "FLARES?!?! WHERE DID THE DOOR GO?!?!" Cod yelled.

Still accepting?
Name: Halt Gropius
Hometown: Lentimas City, Unova
Height: 6'0
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Jet black, greased back.
Eyes: Bright blue
Clothing: Black V-neck Shirt under Black jacket w/ silver trim. Black jeans.
Identifying Marks: N/A
Musculature: He is quite fit, but doesn't look it.
Personality: Halt is very honest. He has a few friends, but isn't one to do so easily. He loves his pokemon like a sister.
Skills: Halt can run extremely fast, and has great reaction speed.
Past: Halt was born in Unova, where he was raised an orphan. His family was unknown until he was 9. Halt found out he was a distant relative of N. The thought of royalty struck Halt down, not wanting such power. He ran off to Lentimas City and lived there. He met his partner, Shade the Zorua on the way. He kept his identify a secret, and lived with a nice person. Halt moved away, and started school at (what ever the school's called)
Family: N, a friend in Unova, unknown father and mother.
Love Relationships?: none yet.
Pokémon: Species Zorua
Nickname, Shade
Gender, Female
Ability, illusion
Hidden Power, fire
Special Features, na
History: Found on trip away to Lentimas. Not much else.
Personality: Cute and kind. She fights well, and likes to trick people.
Extra: She can 'speak' through her illusions, creating them in their mind. Also, not many people can get mad at her pranks.