• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Platinum Chit-Chat + Australian Release Date

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
HTML:
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Linkachu166/Platinumboxart-1.png[/img]
The release has already slipped by for North America, but Pokemon Platinum is here. And apparently, according to online retailers, it'll be out in Australia May 14th, 2009. That's a little more than a week before Europe sees it on May 22nd. Not bad.

I personally haven't played too far into the game yet due to preparatory team building, but the little I have seen is promising. The plot differs from Diamond & Pearl's right from the get-go in subtle, yet notable, ways, and you encounter one of the new characters for the first time early on. The environmental changes are also a nice touch - snow in Twinleaf town was pretty fun to see. But these are just my random thoughts. What are the opinions of the rest of you now playing it?

I wanted to take a poke at the Rotom insert in the Platinum game boxes, too. Each Platinum box (at least inside the NA-releases) contains a small insert that talks about Rotom and its various new forms, as well as explaining how to set up Mystery Gifting in order to later receive the Secret Key over the Nintendo WFC. There's also 1 of 5 secret codes given at the bottom of the page that reveal artwork of Rotom's various forms on the Pokemon Platinum NA sub-site for Rotom. Input all 5 and you can download a special desktop program - but you'll need Adobe Air installed to run it.

So, anyone interested who doesn't already have the 5 codes? Then here you go:
Fan Rotom: 9N4A4F8
Frost Rotom: 6TS8ORF
Heat Rotom: T8A6EH7
Mow Rotom: 7W6O3M5
Wash Rotom: H8S3A5W

And I guess that's all I have to ramble about now. Enjoy your Platinum guys =)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Depends on which you're looking for. The desktop images of the five Rotom forms are standard images, but the Rotom desktop program itself is an application. So... yes and no. XD

Would it be allowed to just post these up for other people? (Seeing as I now have them all - coded one, copied the url and changed the "fan" to heat, frost, etc :p)

Here they are...

I was going to add them as a .zip but then I saw that you can't attach these here :(

If anyone wants the .zip... gimme a shout.

...edit: I see that this forum also doesn't resize screenshot attachments to thumbnails :( Damnit!

Edit this post out if its too big :p

Edit 2: Removed the attachments, if anyone wants them then PM me.