• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

❤Pokèmon Pets❤

there's so many options as to what a good Pokemon pet would be, hmm...

since I'm only a humble college student in an apartment with no insurance, I think any mischievous pokemon along with fire types are a solid no. or poison types....... more than anything, it's kind of tough to think of a pokemon that'd enjoy a relaxed and indoor life? I can't think of many.

Something small, maybe, and easy to train. a pokemon that likes to cuddle and has generally good behavior...

im thinking a chikorita?

Hmm, probably not an electric type, because I don't want to get zapped...

Absol is a bad idea, because it's said to bring bad luck...

I think Castform would be a good pokemon pet, because it can basically change the weather! If you're hot, Castform can make it snow, and if you're cold, Castform can bring out the sun! Castform would be perfect in my opinion!

I would say Zoroark. Zoroark is a good Pokemon in the game (lol) but we are not talking about that. Zoroark would be a good companion, plus it can basically turn into anything it wants. It can also cast illusions, which is useful too. Finally its a awesome Pokemon.

Well, thinking realistically here, I probably wouldn't have access to starters and taking into account availability in my area, I would probably say Sandshrew. It is hardy, strong and would be a reasonable form of defense in case of wild Pokemon encounters on walks and stuff. I think the kids would like it too.

It could maybe even help with yard work.:D

I'd definitely want something small, seeing as my real life pet is already the tiniest dog I know. Maybe a Water, Grass, or Normal-type. A Vaporeon wouldn't be that bad, and neither would a Turtwig or Meowth. I basically already have a Lillipup, since my dog is a Yorkshire Terrier, but I wouldn't mind another one. :p

I'd definitely want something small, seeing as my real life pet is already the tiniest dog I know. Maybe a Water, Grass, or Normal-type. A Vaporeon wouldn't be that bad, and neither would a Turtwig or Meowth. I basically already have a Lillipup, since my dog is a Yorkshire Terrier, but I wouldn't mind another one. :p
turtwig is awesome!!

Heh. Most people would have thier favourite pokemon as thier pets. Same for me. I would have Iwanko. Just because it looks more of a dog than any other pokemon. Thats my opinion of course.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Very hard to pick! So many lovely choices...

As @Blu Ace said above, I'm sure many people would choose their favourite Pokemon and I'm no different... thankfully for me though my favourites are fairly small. Manectric obviously would be top of the list (okay, maybe it's not that small, but it'd just be like having a big dog!) and Murkrow. Murkrow is just the right size to sit on my shoulder and spy shiny things for me!

If I had to pick a non-favourite, but a Pokemon I'd very much have as a pet, it'd be Vulpix. A very much loved Pokemon, I'd have one on a cushion and brush its fur all day like in that episode where the gang first see one :')

Shedinja. Hopefully somebody I'm not particularly fond of has the misfortune of looking into it's back.

Plus they are nothing but a hollow shell, which I will assume doesn't need food or water. That and it's dead. Easy care :)

Oooh. So hard. I think I would get a flock of Torchic hens, not because they are my favorite Pokemon, but because CHICKENS! They would also lay eggs, maybe, and they would probably be fun to have around if they evolve. Another pick for me would be Furfrou, because I have a poodle irl and they are just the sweetest dogs.

eevee: it's adorable and can evolve into 8 different things
cyndaquil: just cos <.>
skitty: its a stinkin cat for crying out loud!
fennekin: it's an adorable fire fox that can burn things
zorua: it's adorable and i can make bullies think theyre in their worst nightmares >:D
ya its a lot but i couldnt decide XD

Oh geez...I want too many Pokemon as pets.

Shaymin: take a guess
Eevee: Soft, adorable, and can become one of eight eeveelutions to fit my lifestyle and likings
Rockruff: I love dogs
Skitty: I love cats
Mudkip: So I herd u liek Mudkipz
Giratina: who doesn't want a satan Pokemon as a pet?
Umbreon: was my best friend's favourite Pokemon
Aaaaand Zoroark, my spirit Pokemon.

Too many choices

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I could never see my PKMN as a pet, but a family member and best friend.
They're just too intelligent to be what I'd consider to be a pet.

I'd have Scizor as my go-to partner, but I'm also fond of Mawile, Steelix and Skarmory.
Any steel-type would make me happy! Scizor has just been with me the longest though. ♥

I personally agree with the fact that Pokémon are far too intelligent and human-like to actually be considered a pet. Heck, some can even talk of their own accord (not like a parrot)!
Moving back to the topic at hand, there's far too many Pokémon I'd want as a pet. While I'd personally love a Pyroar (specifically female), that's probably not a good idea due to both legal and insurance issues. I doubt owning a fire lion is exactly the best idea if you don't want your house to be burnt down within the hour. But, of course, I would definitely want a Pokémon as a "pet" from the Espurr line. I mean, come on. Telekinetic and a cat? Sign me the heck up. I'd settle for any of the other cats too, however, bar for the Glameow line because they'd probably tear up my house. Espeon wouldn't be so bad either, but I'm pretty sure that it would personally go out of its way to tick me off.

I'd probably have a Spritzee. Why?
Well for starters, it's one of my top 6 favourite Pokémon.
Secondly, it small, so it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to keep. It would probably sit on my shoulder as well, which is adorable. Because of it's size it probably wouldn't require too much food either, so it wouldn't be costly to feed.
Thirdly, it is cute as heck, and oh so fluffy and soft. I mean, who wouldn't want a fluffy little birb as a pet?
Finally, it would probably make my house smell nice with its perfume.

I'd also like to have a Virizion, but owning one would be pretty unrealistic. I mean, not only is it extremely rare, but it would cost a load to feed.

The Snom Prince

Previously The Exorciser
I think I would have a Delibird since it's pack could be helpful plus I can put my face into it's neck feathers at bedtime it be soooo comfy :)

Probably a whole team of pets if I could, but we're narrowing it down here...Skiddo. It doesn't need to be fed, it's calm, and when it evolves it can be used for transportation. It would also be easy to get because it's a grass type, which are fairly common.

I'd pick a Rockruff. Yeah, it might be no surprise I'm picking my favourite, but, it's stated to be a great choice for beginners. It's a dog, I love them. I'd love to just have a cute little puppy with the power of rocks. I'd hope for it to evolve when I'm about 18-25, and I wouldn't mind which evolution. Midday would be cool, it's more like a wolf, it's fast, it's intimidating and I would think if it was healthy enough, it might let me use itself as a mount. Forget cars when I'm older, just ride a Lycanroc everywhere. Midnight would work, it's even more intimidating due to it being like a werewolf, it has massive furry hair that I'd love to just lie in. Maybe it gives good piggyback rides? Only problem is, I'm allergic to dogs and cats. If I was allergic to a Rockruff, I'd have to pick a Rowlet, I just wouldn't really like it's dandy personality at it's 2nd evolution, Dartrix. Decidueye would be AWESOME to have, I could fly on it, it's intimidating, quite large and very skilled.

qlovers

Previously pæstella
Hmm,
Well, to start off, let me shove away some Dangerous Types. . .
Electric,Because I don't want to get Shocked, of course, thank you very much, and Poison.
Because Poison can Kill you.

Indoor Pets:
Anyways, I'd Probably doubt to have a Noibat, after all, who wouldn't have a Fruit Bat for a Pet? No to mention my Profile,just look at it,this Obviously shows I love Noibat ♥

Spritzee,because it's small and fluffy and it could flutter around.But it would be cruel to keep a Bird in a Cage, so then i'd have to keep it by the Kitchen Counter so it can layer a lovely Aroma to hide and keep away those Smelly Kitchen Odours or a Small Tiny Pillow so she can be snug as a bug ♥

Outdoor/Indoor Pets:

Lillipup, of course! It's so Cute with it's little Apple-red Jellybean Nose.And I could imagine having a cute Corgi as a Pet.Lillipup just looks so cute when I imagine it's real.

Phanpy! I know it's a Baby Elephant but it's not as Big as the Average Baby Elephant you normally see.It's so Cute, Stubby,Chubby and Small ♥ Who wouldn't want Phanpy as a Pet? But, then again, a baby Elephant for a pet seems a bit unrealistic. . .

Honorable Mentions:

Alolan Meowth;
It's a Good Companion and it'll take care of it's self.It's Appearance is Eye-Catching and Divine.I would need to keep of watch of it though.The Neighbors might Complain saying my Alolan Meowth stole their Items.

Espeon;
It'll help me with Homework and,well, of course it's appearance again is Divine and Beautiful.It should also be Treated like Royalty, Of course.Just like Delcatty.I'd Brush it and Groom it and feed it the best of Poffins, and , of course , give it a Crown!

Chatot;
It'll give me Memory's of it's lonely song.Every Tweet will echo in my heart from this Birds Divine Appearance,Personality and Shape.

Delcatty;
Another Divine,Beautiful Pokemon.I will brush it from Day to Night.They're right about saying Pets should be treated like Royalty,Especially this One!

Espurr/Meowstic;

Espurr is literally so Petite and Mignonne in the Anime ♥ Be careful, though , It will devour your soul ♥
Meowstic is :up: I guess.Although it looks familiar to those Yandere-Chan (Oh please,I mean Sailor Outfits) School Girl Dresses. . . Uniforms? It's also Cute and I love it's Shiny Form

Jumpluff;
It'll help grow me Plants, Prepare Morning Tea and It'll be much more easier to Practise Knitting when you have some already!
Furiously rips off the Cotton from Jumpluff

And, Finally, Slurpuff or Exeggcute.
Takes out her Spoon
I'm read to dig in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,
Well, to start off, let me shove away some Dangerous Types. . .
Electric,Because I don't want to get Shocked, of course, thank you very much, and Poison.
Because Poison can Kill you.

Indoor Pets:
Anyways, I'd Probably doubt to have a Noibat, after all, who wouldn't have a Fruit Bat for a Pet? No to mention my Profile,just look at it,this Obviously shows I love Noibat ♥

Spritzee,because it's small and fluffy and it could flutter around.But it would be cruel to keep a Bird in a Cage, so then i'd have to keep it by the Kitchen or a Small Tiny Pillow so she can be snug as a bug ♥

Outdoor/Indoor Pets:

Lillipup, of course! It's so Cute with it's little Apple-red Jellybean Nose.And I could imagine having a cute Corgi as a Pet.Lillipup just looks so cute when I imagine it's real.

Phanpy! I know it's a Baby Elephant but it's not as Big as the Average Baby Elephant you normally see.It's so Cute, Stubby,Chubby and Small ♥ Who wouldn't want Phanpy as a Pet?

About Phanpy....... EARTHQUAKE!!!!! TAKE COVER!!!!!!!*

*Other points I agree. Sorry for the little message, I was so tempted to put that.