• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Past - A Medieval Fantasy Pokémon RP

Favourite RPG Class?

• Thief / Rogue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mage

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Paladin

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Warrior

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Ranger / Archer

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Cleric

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi! Welcome to the Pokémon Past OOC, sign-up and discussion thread. You will be travelling around the kingdoms of the Mavowter, fighting Pokémon and their trainers. You can be lots of things: a merchant, a mage, a ranger, a guard for a king, a bard, a thief, a sailor or even a peasant farmer.

Rules
1. Nothing non medieval. That means no guns, no cybernetic enhancements, no genetic enhancement, no cars.
2. Pokémon replace all creatures, be they mythical or not. Even if this is fantasy, you are not allowed to fight a kelpie until a kelpie Pokémon exists. And you are not allowed to ride a horse, ride a Rapidash or Mudsdale.
3. Keep cursing to a minimum.
4. Romance is allowed but absolutely NOTHING PHYSICAL. Just try keep it to a minimum.
5. No one liners. Minimum three lines per post.
6. No legendaries or mythical Pokémon.
7. No Mega-Evolution or Z-Moves.
8. Put "Huzzah!" in the extra details area of your form so I know you read the rules. Must have exclaimation mark.
9. Weapons are allowed, but try not use them for combat. If you are gonna do some combat, message me first and I'll put a violence warning, but not until I agree.
10. No Mary Sue roles, e.g. King, Famous Hero, Queen, Ancient Wizard who knows the secrets of the universe.

The Map
I am currently make a map of the Mavowter region and it will be posted here when ready.

The region is a group of islands with one large island in the north (To be more precise, North East North.), which is split into pieces by rivers. To the west, there are 2 main islands. One of these is a desert island, with an oasis and a sea of quicksand (with a sandstone island (containing a dungeon) at the centre), while the other is a mountain that has came out of the sea, reaching so high it has snow all year round. To the east, there is not many island, but there is one in the South East. This island is oriental and is in two parts. One is covered in cities and the other is unable to be built upon by law. Each of these has a lake, which has a unique breed of Magikarp. The city island has a black Magikarp (said to be a representation of all the corruption to the natural land caused by the cities) while the island left to nature has a white Magikarp (said to a represtation of all things pure and untouched). In the South, the second largest island has a lake in a ring, which acts as a moat for the city inside.

The Mavowter region is split between several kingdoms. The largest of these is the Calosian. They are a regal empire, now expanding to further parts of the word. They are known for their heavy cavalry. On the most northernly large fragment of the largest island are the Breenton, a nation that are experts in archery and sailing. They are famed for their colonies such as Nimbasa Colony, a colony they founded in the west (In an area called New Breenton). One the Magikarp Islands, live the Koipurotekuta. Most live honourable lives, apart from the ninja and ronin, who are seen as rogues and criminals. One the mountain island live the Ghehan, a steppe tribe who have many skilled Rapidash Archers. Back to the largest island, you can find the Svorik. The Svorick are feared through the world for being merciless raiders and beserkers. Most people just avoid them. In the desert island live the Amilukes, famed for building large palaces and inventing mathematics. On the Southern island are the Munazels, a nation that fought off invasion from a huge empire just over 1,000 years ago.

The map will be done before the RP thread is made, so you will be able to see where you are and stuff.
Nation list: Calosian (French), Breeton (English, Welsh), Svorick (Vikings/Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish), Munazel (German), Koopurotekuta (Japanese), Ghehan (Mongolian) and Amilukes (Arabian/Seljuk/Byzantine, mainly the first two)

Pokémon: Do's and Don't's
As this is medieval, no Pokéballs, no potions, no repels. Tame Pokémon instead of capturing them. Feed them berries instead of using potions (or herbal remedies, sorcery and the like) or scare them off with a stick. I don't care, just don't use anything modern day. So yeah.

Dungeons
So, you find an ancient crypt. You return to find a seer looking for you. He tells you that until you defeat the spirits inside they will give you eternal nightmares. So you go back and fight your way through with your Pokémon and beat the boss, a Gengar. And then you get some sweet loot and leave.
That is how dungeons will work, except you can enter them whenever you want. Note than the Pokémon you would find in that area will be in there e.g. In a crypt there will be Crobats. You will encounter a lot of ghost and dark type Pokémon in them, along with rock and ground, with the occasional poison. Except that would be boring. So we have theme dungeons: places with around 2 - 3 types. For example: A forest would have grass for plants, bug for bugs (if that needed explain, I worry about you) and flying for birds. An arctic sea would have water and ice types etc.

Character Forms
Human

Name: (Surname as well please)
Occupation: (Can be an RPG Class (I recommend it) or some at the time (as long as it fits one of the nations for that time))
Nation From:
Appearance: (Black, grey and brown stuff helps as they would not have sye for the poor at the time. But if you're rich, go all purple if you want)
Personality:
Backstory:
Extra Details:

Pokémon

Pokémon Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

Example/My Character:

Name: Jacob Fentlin
Nation From: Breenton
Appearance: Messy brown hair, grey-blue eyes, brown cloak with hood, black boots, grey trousers, brown tunic
Personality: Vengeful, sarcastic, pessimistic, loyal to his friends, untrustworthy, not modest, very intelligent
Backstory: Jacob's father used to be head of the thieves guild in Breenton. He taught Jacob how to be a criminal from an early age: theft, bribery, the works. Jacob was born to be a bandit, a thief. However, his father was a wanted man; wanted for crime and wanted for power. A member of the guild set up a trap: they were to steal a rare amulet, but the he had told the city guard. He abondoned Jacob's father and Jacob's father was arrested. He was executed. Jacob loved his father, but he had a job; he was now head of the thieves guild, due to nepotism. However, as he was young, he was thrown out by the man who had his father killed. That man became the leader. Jacob swore to reclaim his family's power and avenge his father. That man had stolen everything his family owned, Jacob was determined to steal it all back.
Extra Details: Huzzah!

Pokémon Name: Blunt
Species: Weaville
Appearance: A Weaville without claws
Personality: Paranoid, Untrustworthy, Deceitful, Stealthy
Backstory: Blunt was born with not claes. This made him bad at combat, so he was raised to use his natural pickpocketing abilities. He was given to Jacob when Jacob was seven and he was four so they could become friends at an early age. He was Jacob's first Pokémon and evolved from a Sneasal.

Pokémon name: Whisper
Species: Noibat
Appearance: A Noibat with droopy ears
Personality: Curious, Quiet, Eccentric, Friendly, Helpful, Slightly Annoying
Backstory: Jacob met whisper after being thrown out of the thieves guild. He knew the guards could recognise him so he left the city that night. He went to a hideout his father made to protect the family and found a Noibat nesting in there, alone. It had been left by its mother as it could not make sonic booms very well as it had droopy ears. The mother knew it could not defend itself and left it. Jacob took pity and protected the Noibat. It began helping him in robberies, as it made a good spy.

Final Notes:

We hope to start by 10:00 AM GMT on the 26th December, but only if we get 6+ people. If not, we will start when I realise we get that many. This took a long time to create, so thanks if you read this far and the map will be done soon.

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Name: Takeshi Wu
Nation From: Koopurotekuta, but he has family in Breeton. Now lives in Breeton.
Appearance: Spikey black hair with features from ninjas and Samurais. (I know this may not be historically accurate.) He wears a black ninja suit with a red bandanna tied around his forehead and waist.
Personality: Strong, resolute, Kind, brave
Backstory: His father was a general in the Koopurotekuta army. Takeshi was offered the role but was hunted down by an evil organisation who hated his father. Takeshi fled to Ghehan. The same organisation managed to follow him there. So, Takeshi went all the way to Breeton, where some of his family were, and took refuge there.
Extra Details: Huzzah!

Pokémon Name: Nin
Species: Ninjask
Appearance: Stripped Ninjask
Personality: Fast, annoying
Backstory: As a Nincada, he was given to Takeshi as his first pokemon.

Pokémon Name: Soul
Species: Shedninja
Appearance: Regular Shedninja
Personality: Silent, but deadly
Backstory: A pokemon owned by Takeshi's father, given to him as a present.

Pokémon Name: Fragger
Species: Greninja
Appearance: wears cloth on part of lower body
Personality: Often Silent. Can be harsh at times, but friendly at other times. Varies on typing due to Protean ability
Backstory: A Pokemon originally owned by the organisation hunting Takeshi. As a Froakie, it was experimented on using magic. Takeshi stole it after it bonded with him and the two became best of friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Human

Name: Jay Penn
Nation From: Breeton
Appearance: I will follow up this form with a pic
Personality: Quiet, Brave
Backstory: Unknown
Extra Details: Huzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Pokémon

Pokémon Name: Luke
Species: Lucario
Appearance: Shiny
Personality: Brave
Backstory: Jay got Luke in an egg... That is all that is known (You will find out during the roleplay)

Last edited:
Yama.jpg

( Can we please change it to the 26th of December because my friends aren't on on the 25th and i might be able to persuade them to come. Plus i will not be on on the 25th because, well, its Christmas!)

@AMAZER yeah, I forgot what happened on the 25th, I'll change it to the 26th
Edit: Accepted btw
Edit 2: Could you just put some extra detail in personality of you and your Pokémon? 4 things in each is fine

Name: Jay Penn
Nation From: Breeton
Appearance: I will follow up this form with a pic
Personality: Quiet, Brave, hasty, bold, dark, charming
Backstory: Unknown
Extra Details: Huzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Pokémon

Pokémon Name: Luke
Species: Lucario
Appearance: Shiny
Personality: Brave, hasty, hardy,bold, funny
Backstory: Jay got Luke in an egg... That is all that is known (You will find out during the roleplay)