• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Ourepheon Region Crisis

"Your... gonna sell me?" Frankie didn't like the idea, what if she did loose. "I'm putting all my trust in you." he gruffly stated, words that he never thought he'd direct at a Nova member. He put on the robe before fixing Riolu's so it covered the small pokemon's face." And right after that you'll take me to see the Gym leader?" he asked.

Mik grinned and give him a thumbs up "Aye!" She then tied there hands with the ropes, it was loose but looked tight, she lead them by tugging there ropes to the deep tunnels of the 'Underworld'. The place got darker and darker and the lights that was supposed to guide them were dark red making there journey through the tunnel a very 'Scarlet Experience'.

They arrived in front of a heavy metal door guarded by a machine and a punk looking guy. The guy gave her a glare as he looked at the boy and the Pokémon. She glared back at him and made a gesture to the boys. The guy understood and opened the door, as they entered, the guy took the boys to the backstage as Mik dive in the crowd to find a seat.

Frankie gulped as he walked occasionally looking down at Riolu to make sure he was alright. At Mik's 'coded' conversation with the guard he shivered, he didn't like not knowing what they were saying. Suddenly he was switched off to the guard, his eyes grew wide and he silently pleaded for Mik to take them back but it was too late. Backstage, they weren't the only people that were being sold, he would've felt bad if he didn't know they were novas. Still a part of him knew, these kids weren't novas... they were slaves.

"Alright next up is Frankie! Oh cute name~" the auctioneer purred as they push the curtain revealing the boy. "Finally..." Mik mumble as she shifted in her seat, she's been bored at hearing multiple numbers from different voices and seeing bawling children got taken away. It was a sight she was used to, since she experienced it herself at a very young age.

Currently the bid was at 25,000 pokedollars. "30,000 pokedollars!" A man at the back shouted "Alright, going once! Going twice-"

Mik cut her off "40,000 pokedollars!"

"40,000 pokedollars! Going once! Going twice! And~ sold! You can come up here and claim your prize, you with the hood up!" Mik stood up and remove her hood. She grinned when the people gasp, she was known by the 'Underworld' to be a notorious scummer, and thief. She guided Frankie back to her seat already reserved for the boy. "Next will be your Riolu." She informed as she took a seat. She glance behind her to see a bunch of hunters "But we'll have a bit of a competition."

Last edited:
The scrafty fell with you guys and is looking up at the opening kinda worried. It eats the Oran berry and tries to jump up to the opening but only makes it half way before falling back down on the ground. It dusts itself off sadly and keeps looking up at the opening.

-----------------------------------------

Luka finishes up his shopping and turns around but doesn't see his scrafty.

"Buddy? Buddy! Where'd you go??"

He begins to get worried.

Last edited:
Frankie growled at the auctioneer but restrained himself. He let out a sigh of relief when Mik won him, did she really have that much money? He blinked at the girl before set his eyes forward, "You better get him." he growled at Mik briefly and tensed. He knew the Novas were corrupt but never imagined all this. It angered him in a way he had never felt before, especially seeing Riolu up there.
Riolu stayed calm, he sensed Mik and Frankie and just stared at them with faithful eyes.

"I will but I'll bet that he'll have a bit more of an expensive prize. Unlike you, your so cheap." She said smirking but her eyes were on the hunters behind them. 'Damn it, this guys been hunting a Lucario for months. I bet they're dancing in joy when they saw the Riolu.' She sigh and turn her attention on stage. "Alright everyone! Today we will have a special Pokémon edition! You hunters out are you ready to waste your money!?" Many on the back cheered. "This auctioneer is obviously a newbie." Mik commented.

"Our first Pokémon will be... A Chansey!" The hunters on the back 'booed' "Now! Now! We all know that we always save the best for last!" The auctioneer said, a man snorted near the front "Yeah like that kid with a cute name~" many people laughed.

"What does the black sheep saw in that kid anyway?"

"Probably desperate for a boyfriend."

"Idiot we all know that she hates boys. She'll probably make him her punching bag."

"But why such a weak kid? Is she becoming weak herself?'

The gossiping woman in there front giggled. Mik rolled her eyes "There all bark but no bite." She mumbled as she focused on the stage. The Chansey was sold with only 80 pokedollar. Two more its Riolu who will be on stage.

"Next up is a young Riolu!" Mik grin as she could literally feel the predatory eyes of the hunters settled at the Pokémon.

"90 pokedollar!"

"90 pokedollars, anyone else-"

"10,000 pokedollars!"

"20,000 pokedollars!"

This continue on until the bid was as high as 90,000 pokedollars. And all this time Mik stay quiet. The bid get higher and higher until it was 500,000 pokedollars "Alright! Going once! Going twi-"

"1,000,000 along with the remaining Pokémon!" Mik shouted, she relinquished the feeling of the audience shocked expression and the hunters hateful gaze on her back. "SOLD!"

A grunt jogs up to the auctioneer and whispers something in thier ear

"We've got something special folks! One of our esteemed members found this beauty wandering around down here!"

Two grunts drag a Pokémon that mik and Frankie recognize as the scrafty mik gave the Oran berry. It seems sedated or asleep and one of the grunts has a black eye.

"Let's start the bidding at 1000!"

Frankie growled at the comments from the people around him and slouched in his seat. "My name's not cute... and I'm not weak." he huffed bitterly before hearing the man call out Riolu. The auction seemed to go by so fast, yet last so long all at the same time. At hearing Mik's final offer his mouth draped open, she'd really spend that much money? It made sense in a way, all that money for her sister's safety. Riolu practically jumped off the stage and began to run to Mik and Frankie but quickly resumed his act and sluggishly made his way with a depressed, tired expression.
Frankie wrapped his arms around the small pokemon before looking up again to see the Scrafty. It seemed familiar. Suddenly it hit him, it was the Scrafty before- but he was with a AM trainer. His gaze went to Mik wondering if she knew why it was here.

After defeating the Team Nova grunt David just walked past him with his Pidgey on his shoulder hoping he would not end up getting in front of a trainer like the Team Nova grunt he beaten easily with an attack that caught him off guard. "Pidgey, could you check up in the sky if we are close to the city yet?" David said to his Pidgey as it flew from David's shoulder up into the air looking for a city. Maybe at least a tall building could be the least the shiny Pidgey needed to look for. As Pidgey ended up finding the city, it flew down from the sky towards David. The Pidgey pointed in the direction where the city was and that was the way David and his Pidgey walked to get to the city.

Mik blankly stared at the newcomer. It looked like the Pokémon from earlier but in the underworld there is so many people and Pokémon that looked exactly alike. "Lets go." She said as she stood up to leave. She didn't want to bother with some lost or possibly another spy from one of the admins to threw her off the cliff, again. It happens too many times for comfort.

She then lead them to another heavy metal door. There's no one guarding it but it was locked by a scanner. She took out her card and the door opened to reveal a chromed walled hall with multiple doors. She stop at a room number 2001 she unlocked it and enter. The room was spacious and doesn't seem to be used often. "This will be your room from now on. I'm going to go see, the old geezer. Appoint you with a battle, for the time being you can roam around the place just don't get in trouble." She said before taking out two collar with a Decidueye charm on it. "Put this on. Your officially my property until we got out of here. The collar will identify you as one it will help in not getting into too much trouble."

Last edited:
Luka walks down the hallway past mik and Frankie. His eyes are angry. As he sees scrafty up for auction he calls out clearly and loudly

"The scraftys not for sale."

The auction grinds to a halt as there's a few gasps and murmurs. And the grunts open a path that he walks through.

"He's mine. Or do you plan on stealing MY partner?"

The murmurs become worried.

Mik leave the room, leaving Frankie and Riolu. She pass through the auction hall only to hear someone shouted something. She looked back and see a guy looking angry.

He was probably the trainer of the Pokémon on the stage. She heard a few newcomers murmured worried. She roll her eyes. Some of the audience didn't react only continue to bid while some gave Luka an irritated look. Mik stood at the entrance to watch.

"Buddy. Dragon dance."

The scrafty shakes itself out of its sleep and begins to break dance as dragons dance in circles around it and the crowd fully stops.

"High jump kick."

The scrafty jumps high up and lands right next to Luka as he begins to walk away but a much larger and buff grunt tried to stop him.

"Iron head."

The scraftys crest starts to glow white and slams into the grunts gut, sending him flying. The auctioneer speaks up.

"I'm sorry mister Kares! He's new. He doesn't know your face!"

The name Kares sparks some recognition in mik. Bradley Kares is a higher ranking nova scientist. And roumor has it he used his position to get a high ranking position for his nephew.

Frankie growled, "This is stupid, a collar come on." he groaned as he placed it around his neck. He imagined infiltrating the base a lot cooler than this, after placing the collar on Riolu as well he looked around the room. "Maybe we can find some information in here." Frankie shrugged and Riolu immediately began searching the place with him. After a couple minutes went by Frankie huffed "Nothing. Well that was pointless." he puffed out his cheeks before stepping out of the room. He walked around casually with Riolu by his side and peeked into the rooms he passed by to look for anything suspicious.

David and his Pidgey got into the city, he saw a Trainer raging out of a building. David was curious about what happened there. He was not planning to start a fight with the Trainer who caused it, he just wanted to know what was up with the raging man. So he walked into the building looking for someone just because he was curious about what happened to the man and what caused him to get angry. He found a trainer walking down the hall of the building. He asked the man " Excuse me, do you know what happened to the angry trainer out there?" "No kid I'm sorry I can't tell you because I have no idea what happened to the man," The trainer said shaking his head

(@NerdyBox please don't control my character's emotions)

Mik didn't say anything, she leave the place deep in thought. She was back inside the Pokemart she exited the place and strolled down the city street. It was crawling with poor citizens and Nova grunts. She put her hood up when the citizen lessen and the grunts increased in number.

"Ooh!" Frankie looked into a room that was filled with books, assuming it was a library he sneaked in and had Riolu watch the door. As Frankie flipped through books, ripping out pages in journals and maps to shove in his pocket a sudden stirring caused him to freeze. There was a grunt asleep in the corner. Frankie whatched him wake up and stare at the boy, before Frankie had time to dash out the door the grunt had him by the arm. "So... you got an owner." the grunt examined his collar, Frankie closed his eyes as the man's hot breath enveloped his face.
"I'm sorry-" Frankie muttered and attempted to rip his arm away from the grunt, but he was too strong. "I've got an idea. I won't kill you, and you give me that Riolu." the grunt grinned.

(sorry. I have an idea in mind but it's hard to get across without your character already knowing that one fact. Won't happen again.)

Luka walks past Frankie's room and sees him through a window in the door, recognizing him, and stops for a minute.

(Don't worry about just tell me in a conversation or something)

Mik stop in front of a building. There were two grunts guarding it, once they saw Mik they immediately left there post. She then walk up to the building and push the double doors with a creak. "Ah, Mikaela. What brings you here child?" A gruff voice asked from the dark side of the room "I'm here for an appointment..."

Luka walks into the library and looks at the grunt

"What's going on here?"

The grunt stands up and salutes.

"Mister Kares! This uh... person was caught sneaking around with a Riolu!"

Luka turns to Frankie.

"You. Come with me. Grunt. You're dismissed"

"Y-yes!"

Luka turns around and looks back to Frankie. Leading him up to a large-ish bedroom if he follows.

Frankie furrowed his eyebrows, wasn't this kid a part of the the rebellion? Mister? There were guards everywhere though and he knew he couldn't ask questions without them hearing. As he silently followed he thought about Mik, would she be mad? Probably not, besides maybe this guy knew even more about the Gym Leader.

Luka leads him to the large bedroom and offers Frankie a seat.

"Here. Sit down." He says as he climbs on the bed and sits up. "I saw you up in the pokemart with that girl. But now your down here, in the main base, with a Riolu and a... slave... collar... what happened there?"

Frankie sat down and watched Riolu sit on the arm of his chair. He listened to Luka and puffed out his cheeks in thought. He then suddenly furrowed his eyebrows, "Hey you don't have any right to ask questions! 'Mister Kares' who's side are you on?" he growled.

Mik growled as her Rowlet fainted in front of her. She sigh before picking up the defeated Pokémon giving him a revival herb, Rowlet instantly woke up and gobble up the remaining herb sighing in delight at the bitter taste. "Your as strong as ever, old man." She commented looking at the man, who looked like a mad scientist in her opinion. "But I bet my pet can do better." She said arrogantly "Oh, is that so. Is it also the reason why you wasted 140,000,000 pokedollars?" Mik didn't say word, only shrugging "You can say that. The boy got potential. And I'm willing to bet another 1,000,000 Pokedollars that he will win." the man chuckled "Hm~ Then what about your siblings? Aren't hiding that large amount of money just for them? Or is it because you just wanted to gamble it away." Mik snorted "HA! You think I care about those brats. Old man you of all people know that I hated my family more than anything." She stated looking at the man straight in the eye.

But on the inside, Mik felt like she was bathing in lava. She hated saying that. She hated discriminating her siblings. She could gladly stand in court and talk sh*t about her parents but never her siblings.

It's so painful to feel your sins crawling at your back.

Luka raises an eyebrow.

"As I remember it: I saved you from that grunt, you were talking to some woman and if I wanted too I could turn you in and have you and your Riolu separated. I really. Really don't want to do that. So just make my life easier and answer my question?"

Frankie rolled his eyes then gritted his teeth in pensive thought, it seemed he had been in a position of inferiority all day. He thought for a moment more, green eyes shifting back and forth before he sighed, "I got caught. It's that simple." he shrugged. "I was in a battle, and a guy knocked me out from behind, then I was bought just like that. I'm just as confused as you are." he lied. Riolu nodded every then and again to confirm Frankie's story he then got up and sat on the floor finding that the arm of the chair was rather uncomfortbale.

"Hmm... well. I'm on... no ones side. I'm on scraftys side."

He ruffles his scraftys crest with a loving look.

"So. Who was that you were talking too? Upstairs? The girl."

Frankie shrugged, "Oh just another grunt around here. She owns be now, you get it. She's the one who... caught me." he said plainly. "So can I go now?" He huffed and stood up from the chair.

Frankie bit his lip, "Yes." is all he said before he gave Riolu a hand and helped the dog-like pokemon up. "My turn, yet? I've got one question" he raised his eyebrows, "Seriously, I don't care what kind of power you have here, I know you've been with the resistance before. What's that about?" he asked as he leaned against the door but didn't open it yet.

Last edited:
Mik exited the building with a badge in her hands. She didn't earned it though. She only borrowed it. "With this I can finally enter the training arena." She mumble as she went back to the Pokemart. 'When the old man accepted the challenge. He wanted Frankie to have two Pokémon.' She wince at the thought 'And it has to be a Gyarados.'

David came out walked through multiple hallways asking questions to each person he came up to. Eventually, he didn't bother to ask any more people in the building and walked out of the building. He decided to go to the Pokemon Center to heal his Pidgey and also ask the Nurse Joy there if there is anything special in the town he is currently in. "Pidgey return for now and get some rest," David said as he returned the shiny Pidgey on his shoulder into its Poke ball. As David walked into the Pokemon center, it's the same as all Nurse Joys say as any trainer walks into the Pokemon center. "Hi, there welcome to the Pokemon center would you like to heal your Pokemon?" Nurse Joy asked as David gave his Poke ball to Nurse Joy to take care of it.

"So you're a bad guy?" Frankie inquired, maybe he wasn't with the resistance. 'I'm on Scrafty's side' the words bounced around in Frankie's mind before he shrugged, he knew Luka wouldn't do anything to him or his pokemon because Luka's bond with Scrafty was just like Frankie's bond to Riolu. Without waiting for an answer, Frankie walked out of the room with his companion by his side.

Mik looked around the whole underworld looking for Frankie when she saw him she handed him the badge "It will give you access to the training arena. I already give you an appointment with the gym leader but he has one condition..." she sigh "He wanted you to catch a Gyarados. The vicious ones." Vicious Gyarados had been reported to be cannibalistic the sector she's been working to with that man, the gym leader, had been ordered to capture and examine the vicious Pokémon. Mik almost drown capturing one. She shuddered at the memory.

After waiting for his Nurse Joy taking care of David's Pidgey, he finally heard the signal of when she was finished taking care of it. "Your Pokemon is fully healed, sir," Nurse Joy said to David as he took up the Poke ball of his Pidgey. "Do you know by any chance where I can train my Pokemon?" David asked Nurse Joy. " There's a training area ahead of the back of this Pokemon center. If you want to train your Pokemon you could go there," Nuse Joy replied. "Well thanks, that's where I will be heading to," David said to Nurse Joy as he waved to her and exit out of the Pokemon center.

Frankie narrowed his eyes on Mik, "Slow down." he put his hands up in a calming gesture. "I can battle him," his eyes sparkled slightly as Riolu took the badge. A gyrados, Frankie stared at the ground in thought he then looked up grinning, "How hard can it be." he shrugged, Riolu didn't look so carefree though. "You know where I can find them?" of course Frankie knew the dangers of these gyrados, but hesitating wasn't gonna get him any closer to the gym leader.

Mik only turn around, hoping for Frankie to get what she meant. She walked to the deepest part of the underworld. There was a huge pool. It looked peaceful until a huge Gyarados fly up into the sky before diving down again. "Before start catching the Gyarados. You need to suit up because your fighting it underwater. Be careful though because it might try to eat you." She warned leaning on the wall.

Frankie followed Mik and looked down at Riolu as the halls got deeper and darker. The pool looked rather cool, Frankie was tempted to walk u to it until a large Gyarados popped out it it causing him to shriek briefly and run behind Riolu. After listened to Mik Frankie took a step back, "Is it too late to change my mind? I'm too young to die." he whimpered.