• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo Reveals New Mega Pokémon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
mega-steelix.png

A demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire has gone live in Japan and as gamers begin to play through it they have discovered two brand new Mega Pokémon!

Our first Mega Pokémon is a Mega Steelix. The typing of the Pokémon is Steel and Ground and we know it gets the Sand Force ability.

mega-glalie.jpg

Our next Mega Pokémon comes in the form of a Mega Glalie, which is a pure Ice Type and gets the Refrigerate ability.

The demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will be given to US Pokémon fans starting tomorrow through a Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter.

In the UK the demo is being given through the Nintendo Zone in GAME stores, and being sent out to some people who pre-ordered the games through the Nintendo UK Store, Amazon and ShopTo. A number of StreetPass groups also have codes to give away.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
WOAH,MEGA GLALIE THOUGH. I love it~.
As for Mega Steelix, it looks like it could be part fairy.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What I want to know above all else is how one goes about obtaining that Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter. :/

You can find that information on Pokemon.com: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/head-to-hoenn-early-with-the-pokemon-trainer-club/ :)

I'm curious to determine if this news letter will apply to Canada as well. After everything I've seen about the games up until this point I'm dying to get my hands on that demo.

Demo aside, it looks like earlier rumors of a mega evolution for Steelix were true. Mega Steelix looks amazing. I can't wait to try battling with one. ♥

I'm just SO excited for everything revealed here today, though seeing Mega Glalie has to be the absolute best (or at least second to GF finally giving info on the demo). I've wanted to catch a Glalie ever since I was naive enough to think they were going to make R/S/E remakes for Gen V, & now that I'm finally seeing this "jaw dropping" mega form (pun intended), I'm practically speechless :D

Wow, we keep getting new surprises on the Mega Pokemon front. I really like Mega Steelix and I like the idea of those crystals being a throwback to the old Crystal Onix from the Orange Island series. I'm not as fond of Mega Glalie, but I would love it if Ash's Glalie returned to the anime to Mega evolve.

Well Glalie was unexpected (like most other megas XD) and i kinda like it im still freaked out by its old pokedex entries though (now we know he eats 0-0)
And omg Mega Steelix! Love it! wonder how it will looks shiny though, since mine is shiny I hope its color change doesn't ruin it.

Can't wait to use that mega Steelix. But I think there must be mega Froslass, no Glalie. Just my opinion though
Hell, why couldn't they give demo like that in other country...

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Seems like the Mega Steelix is so far locked to Japan. The Mega you get seems to be set by location, so anyone in the UK seems to be stuck with Glalie.

It might be a case where the US gets Steelix as well though, so we'll have to wait and see on that front.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Signed up for Pokemon.com last night, happily awaiting demo. :)
My god the music uwdnbwackjnoavneorj ♥ ♥ ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I have.been warned that I might be killed in a jealous rage if I talk about the demo too much, but I must say this: the music is absolutely amazing. Kalos' instrumentation (with added synths and TRUMPETS) with Hoenn's very solid melodies. And trumpets. Did I mention trumpets?

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
No words can describe my love for Mega Steelix.
No words in any or all languages could come even close.
You would have to physically be in my being to get the smallest
of glimpses that MIGHT lead to the full understanding of my love for it.

...TL;DR: OMFG, so mega happy - I can't even! ♥

Oh man, Mega Steelix looks amaaaaaaazing :D I can't wait to run into one in my demo! I really want to try one out myself some time.

Demo in the US comes in 2 days!!! SO HYPED!!

Mega Gardevoir Mega Gallade
Mega Slowbro Mega Slowking
Mega Glalie Mega Froslass
I think they will not give Frosslass a mega evo. because it is strong enough (Timid, Cursed Body, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Taunt, and Spikes)

Attachments

• behold_oorotto__by_kingofthedededes73-d6dglwf.jpg
    behold_oorotto__by_kingofthedededes73-d6dglwf.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will not give Frosslass a mega evo. because it is strong enough (Timid, Cursed Body, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Taunt, and Spikes)

Lucario, Blaziken, Garchomp, Gyarados, Gengar, and Salamence among others were "strong enough" and yet they got megas. In fact, I don't even know what strong enough even means to you. The strength of the Pokemon really has no bearings on whether they'll get a mega evo or not and with Gallade getting a Mega, I fully expect Froslass to get one too at some point.

Oddest comment I've read since someone said GALLADE was OP.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Adding to what Carmen said, I'm now expecting every fully evolved Pokemon to get a Mega in time. If not in Ge VI then in Gen VII or VIII.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
Those crystals on Mega Steelix... Is that just the animation that they give the megas behind them, or maybe...
Crystal Onix confirmed o_O

Ho
Lucario, Blaziken, Garchomp, Gyarados, Gengar, and Salamence among others were "strong enough" and yet they got megas. In fact, I don't even know what strong enough even means to you. The strength of the Pokemon really has no bearings on whether they'll get a mega evo or not and with Gallade getting a Mega, I fully expect Froslass to get one too at some point.

Oddest comment I've read since someone said GALLADE was OP. [/QUOTE/]
Salamance, Gengar, and Garchomp were op even before getting metas tho! ;) just saying:'|

Mega Sceptile FTW

Isaiah, want to trade fiend codes?

mine is 5069-3982-2250
Spiritomb, Lampent, and Phantump

Last edited by a moderator: