• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon OC Story Contest (RE-OPENED TWO WEEKS ONLY)

This contest is officially sponsored by The Inked Hearts!

Hello! As you might have guessed, I am hosting a pokemon OC story contest. The prompt for it, listed below, is what you must write about. There is a prize for this, so if you want to be in with a chance of winning that, read on, and maybe, enter! I am also looking for judges, so do let me know if you would like to be on the judging panel!

Judges (Aside from myself, of course!)

1.) @BeastBoyLucario

2.) @Mr Fishykarp

Here's the prompt: You must write a one-shot about a disabled, or mentally ill pokemon trainer, and their service pokemon. A service pokemon, like a real-life service animal, is meant to help the trainer in some way, with their illness or disability. For example, you could have:

A delibird who keeps his diabetic trainer's medicines chilled, and carries snacks to boost their blood sugar

A mightyena, or other canid pokemon, who acts as a blind trainer's guide pet

A chatot, who helps a trainer with a speech disorder communicate

The closing date for this is the seventh of October. The winner will be decided by myself, and the judges.

Rules:

1.) NO mega pokemon, legendaries, or battle bonds allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule.

2.) Your main character's disability/illness cannot be magically cured at the end. If your character is mentally ill, it's fine if they recover from their illness, but not if the solution is nonsensical and magical.

3.) If you volunteer to be on the judging panel, you cannot enter this contest.

The Grand Prize:

1.) The winner will receive a one-shot, of their choosing, from me.

If you want to enter, reply to this thread, and then tag the judges and me when you release your entry. If you want to be on the judging panel, reply to this thread as well!

Last edited:
Okay, I'll join. I'll probably go with a Multiple Personality Disorder. Oiled it be allowed to involve multiple Pokemon as therapy Pokemon?

I'd like to join, what about a character that was in a house fire and had to have one/several limbs amputated? I'm not sure about what Pokemon to be the service Pokemon, though...I'll think of something. :)

I’m getting close to finishing mine, (A bit too close for the deadline for my sake) and I was wondering. I remember there being a word count minium required, but I can’t find it. What was it again?

Sorry, everyone, but due to unforseen circumstances, (Namely, one of our judges being away for a few weeks ;-;) the judging wil have to wait until he returns (Which should be in roughly two weeks). Therefore, I am extending the deadline of the contest until he returns.

@Sun and Moon if you would stil like to enter, you now have two weeks to do it