• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Nuzlocke Generation One

Hello!, I'm new to Pokecharms and I want try roleplaying. So here is my first Roleplay

Story: Kids from Pallet town embark on journey across the Kanto region acquiring badges and defeating Pokémon trainers and eventually become the champion, The one thing is if their Pokémon faints they cant come back.

Rules:
1).No legendaries
2).No Mary Sue's
3).Remember that no nuzlocke is perfect one so that means eventually some Pokémon has to faint.
4).This nuzlocke is based off of FireRed so only Generation 1-3(The story will change a bit so it will make sense)
5).Since everybody can't have the same starter I will put list and you can reserve a starter for yourself
6).FOLLOW POKECHARMS RULES

Nuzlocke rules in case you don't know
If Pokémon faints they are gone forever
Only the first Pokémon you find in each new area can be caught
To make things a little easier you can use potions outside of the Pokémon center
If a Pokémon faints before you get Poke balls it does not count

Format:

Name:

Appearance

Characteristics

Starter Pokémon:

My OC

Name: Alex

Appearance: She has bright blue hair and black eyes. She sports a black t-shirt and usually wears a sweater around her waist, She also wears black jeans and black running shoes. She has a blue bag around her arm, She wears a amulet around her neck that looks like a flower with purple gem in it. she is also light skin

Characteristics A very good tactician, She is quite energetic and sometimes very emotional. She is very dependable person, If you need help from her she will help

Starter: Cyndaquil,

Starters Available:
Squirtle

If there is not starters left or you just don't want one of the starters then you could suggest one but it must be first stage evolution, But please make it Pokémon a professor would give you, Example: I'm pretty sure he professor won't give you a Onix, So like a Eevee or Pikachu

One more thing you will not have your starter Pokémon as soon as it starts.

Heads up If you roleplay as more than one character you can!, Just make a Bio of both of your characters. The max amount to two though!

Last edited:
Name: Noembi (male)

Appearance: Bald, dark skin, very thin, brown eyes and thick brows. He sport brown work boots, light brown khaki cargo shorts, and a black plain t-shirt that reads "92" on the back in white. He also wears a gold chain, but no other jewelry.

Characteristics: Ace is determined to become the best Pokemon trainer there is (not likely ever gonna happen). He is stubborn, but is quick to learn from his mistakes. He is childish and sometimes plays too much.

Starter Pokémon: Bulbasaur

Name: Leo (Male)

Appearance: He has dark brown hair, brown eyes, and a medium-dark skin tone. He often black pants and a blue t shirt under a dark grey jacket. All of his clothing has plenty of pockets of supplies or a back-up potion. He carries a blue backpack with an Aggron print.

Characteristics: Leo is the third of four siblings to go on a journey, so he knows the risks involved. He intends to train as hard as he can to defeat the elite four. Leo would much rather be training than making idle chit chat. However cold he tries to seem, he often grows deeply attached to his Pokémon (even if he tries not to, given that they could disappear at any moment)

Starter Pokémon: Totodile

Last edited:

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
Name: Grace
Appearance: long blond hair, a blue dress, blue pants, blue shoes, green eyes, light skin tone.
Characteristics: loves to talk, very energetic and hyper
Starter Pokemon: Chickorita

Name: Charlie
Appearance: Charlie's eyes are a soft olive color, a smooth shade of yellow with green undertones. He has a relatively small build, with pale skin and freckles dusting across his cheeks. The young boy sports ruffled carrot orange hair, which is shaved on the sides- though the top is grown out to the point where it nearly covers his ears.
Characteristics: Charlie is fairly social, though he tends to be rather amiable. Though not particularly outgoing, Charlie just gets along with everyone making him very likable. He tends to try and avoid conflicts and would much rather take the easy way out- but his laid back attitude doesn't stop the boy form having ambitions- indeed he does want to become the pokemon champion one day.
Starter Pokemon: Mudkip

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Name: Kimi

Appearance: She'll probably wear a dress of black or white a lot of the time. She also wears one of those big hats like Lily in the anime.

Characteristics: Kimi is very cautious, and will make a lot of preparations for any battle. She will keep to herself, as she wants to focus on her strategies.

Starter Pokémon: Treecko
( sorry it's so short I'm really tired )

I decided to make another OC:

Name: Lisa
Appearance: Lisa's eyes are a shiny shade of sapphire, two round and glistening pools of blue. She has a relatively small build, with fair skin and a blushed undertone that always seems to come through. The young girl sports smooth purple hair. It's lilac color shines as it is pulled back into two even pig-tails on the top of her head and tickling her shoulders.
Characteristics: Lisa is a quiet girl, rather shy and timid. She is soft spoken and frail, easily hurt emotionally. She is used to being around her family and other supportive people, leaving for this journey had brought all new things to Lisa, most of which she isn't quite ready for. Still, Lisa is a very sweet girl and once you make her friend you wont regret it.
Starter Pokemon: Charmander

@PhotonIzzy would it be ok if this new character was part of the evil team? Maybe instead of receiving her starter she could steal it :p Or will Team Rocket/misc. teams not be a part of this world?

Oh, one more thing: I’ll need to know/when how everyone else is receiving their starters so I can plan how she will steal hers.

Name
: Leah
Appearance: She has shoulder length brown hair, and green eyes. She is about average in height. When not wearing her TR uniform, she would wear something simple enough so as to not draw attention. I can describe it in RP when necessary.
Characteristics: Leah is intuitive and observant, and can handle herself well in even in unfamiliar situations. She isn’t cowardly, but knows when it is time to turn tail and retreat. Empathetic would not be a great way to describe her. While not actively cruel, she is a bit cynical and has a “survival of the fittest” mentality. She was drafted into Team Rocket only this year, but she is doing it as more of a part time thing for extra cash. Her role is simple: carry out small missions, gather intel or valuable items, and then get paid for keeping her mouth shut about the whole thing.

Starter Pokémon: Torchic

Name: Wes
Personality: Wes is typically laid back and easy going, simply laughing at his own misfortunes or insults to him. However, when someone he cares for is troubled or insulted, he will stop at nothing to make things right. He is very intelligent and his greatest asset in battles is his adaptability and creativity to come up with unique techniques.
Appearance: Wes is a bit tall, he is a little on the skinny side but has toned muscle. He may not be the perfect idea of a model guy but is charming in his own way. He has tanned skin and stylishly messy brown hair. While he is not stuck up, his clothes show that he comes from money (all of his clothes are designer brands). He wears an unbuttoned maroon cardigan over a white undershirt, accompanied by black pants, white shoes, and an expensive white gold watch. He has a light gray backpack in which he keeps his trainer ID, Pokédex, pokebox, hammock,pokeballs, potions and berries, a water bottle, andlots of snacks.
Backstory: Wes is the third oldest of four children born to wealthy engineers who work at the Cinnabar Island Laboratory. While he, along with his older siblings, is extremely intelligent and a naturally talented trainer; Wes values making meaningful connections with his Pokémon over just taking the strong ones. He does not seem intelligent at a glance as he can be rather blunt with what he says, and can be considered annoying or clingy. However, both of those traits are rather symptoms of him being extremely caring, wanting to provide for everyone he cares for. He often volunteered to help out the local Gym Leader, Blaine, as he was infatuated with Blaine’s balance of intelligence and close connections with his Pokémon. Wes and Blaine share a father and son type relationship since Wes hung around with Blaine more than his constantly working father, with Blaine constantly critiquing Wes in order to make him both a better trainer and scientist. It is clear Blaine sees potential in Wes, giving him a Growlithe he bred for Wes’s tenth birthday present. When Wes turned thirteenth, Blaine gifted him a boat ticket to Pallet Town, claiming it was the best place to start his journey. Wes’s goal is to prove his worth to his elitist family, and, more importantly, Blaine, by becoming a Pokémon Master and using the fame to found his own Pokémon school.
Starter Pokémon: Growlithe(from Blaine), Squirtle (from professor)

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
i think i made the most russian character on the history on this website...
Name: Peter Hatkovsky

Appearance: Peter has brown hair and blue eyes, accompanied by a Ushanka Hat, yes a Ushanka Hat, covered with soft, grey cloth. Often, he wears a camouflage sweater, with pockets near the waist. Peter stands at a tall stature for his age, and wears grey jeans with black hiking boots.

Characteristic: Peter's thick Russian accent usually clouds up most of his sentences, making it hard to understand him. Lucky for him, he is too shy, so rarely talks to anyone. Peter hates to get in anyone's way, always tries to fit in with a crowd rather to stick out. His chest can often get high blood pressure from being in the spotlight, making him a difficult companion on an adventure.

Starter Pokemon: Seel, M, who is very jolly and bright, making Peter embarrassed frequently.

Has anyone not received their starter in the main RP thread? I’m just waiting for everyone to get theirs to introduce my 2nd character.

Most of the people except Lewish, you, and Barefoot. didn't even get their starters yet so I say us three should just continue on until they come back

Leah is going to steal her starter once the lab is empty, I.e. everyone gets their starter and leaves. (Or I could find some other way to write it) I agree that moving on is a good idea for now.

I was wondering if we could have a friendly/training battle option where we could battle with each other without fear of losing Pokémon

I didn't post Charlie this time around .because everyone is engaged in conversation and I don't want him to rudely butt in just yet. He'll be in my next post for sure.