• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Nursery

"I'm here cuz my trainer's too little to be a trainer yet," Sparkle added, "But I've gotta get strong for when she is! Ella wants to be the champion some day, and a champion has to have the toughest pokemon in the world!"

"I'm too young. But my trainer's Pokémon are really strong, so I just have to wait until I'm as big as them!" Jay sat down. "I'm not sure how spending the day at a daycare will make anyone stronger though..." he ignored the bout that Sparkle and Bubbles had: the two probably wanted to forget all about it, too. For different reasons each.
(Isn't Ace somewhere completely different than everyone else? I'm not sure how Sparksy got there too)

"With a Pokemon like you, I am sure zat your trainer will be a strong one." Etoile said. Her trainer had travelled through 4 regions, but had taken her Sinnoh starter- who just so happened to be Etoile- to the nursery, so she could kind of cheat and start off with a Prinplup. "Apparently... ze daycare is a reliable zing zat, um... most trainers use. I can't really see what ze appeal is eizer, zo." she paused, an aura of slight solemnity surrounding her. She did miss Angle, but... she was sure she would get picked up, soon enough. "Apparently, zis place is used for breeding!!" laughed the Piplup.

(OOC: That's the problem I'm looking at and I won't be talking to someone forcing a hit on me so I'm kinda forced to give the cold shoulder until then.)

BIC:
Ace climbed onto the stool next to the drawer and placed his plushie on top of the drawer soon after. He went onto the drawer after a minute of struggling to maintain his grip, as he unzipped the storage pouch on the plushie's backside to grab the three objects obtained recently. He placed the card beneath the tiny opening where the bottom rails would meet with the sill. He then placed the plastic knife into the keyhole of the lock while placing the paper clip alongside it. After noticing that the Audino was having a bit of a hard time finding him, he decided to take advantage of the time he had and quickly worked on picking the lock.

"I know!" laughed Etoile, still soft-spoken despite the fact she was so comfortable now. It was a part of her nervous demeanor. "It is rather disgusting... zo, we cannot do anything about it. Luckily, we are too young."

"Yeah," Sparkle scoffed, "Ella says she won't ever breed her pokemon. She just wants to catch us all naturally...Or so she says..."

Sparkle couldn't help but wonder which other pokemon Ella would add to her team, when she was old enough for a journey. More electric types, probably, as Ella loved those. And maybe a Mudsdale, since she'd loved the thought of riding around on one, like a fairytale prince.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I agree with you there, breeding is just gross..." Bubbles decided to actually be part of the conversation instead of just existing nearby. "But it is kind of a fact of life. If it didn't happen, none of us would be here." Even though it was actually important, it was still gross, well at least for Bubbles.

"I suppose not... but I shall not be doing any of it." growled the Piplup, her voice still soft despite the apparent harshness of her words. "Some trainers force Pokemon into it zo... it is quite scary. I do doubt my trainer Angle would do such a zing, however. She iz very nice."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Yeah, it is a choice." Bubbles wanted to stop talking about it before it got even more uncomfortable. "Let's move on.... So, what do you like to eat?" Bubbles asked the both of them, to maybe shift the conversation, all though that wasn't any better because he would have to reveal that he eats bugs, but okay.

Ace continued to work with the lock while hoping that the sun would stay up for at least a dozen more hours. He listened for the first pin aligning while attempting to move the paperclip as steadily as he could to prevent the perfectly placed pin from becoming misaligned.

Meanwhile, the Audino decided to go outside, thinking that Ace could have probably ran off somewhere after assaulting her with a likely powerful move. She clapped her hands to emit a soothing chime to relieve her body of the slight shock it still had after managing to put up with such an explosion, though she didn't mind the faint bruises on her legs and lower chest. She noticed several Pokémon within the distance having a conversation with each other, as she calmly walked up to a Plusle. She knelt to her level in an attempt to not appear threatening to the little mouse Pokémon, as she calmly asked, "I'm a bit sorry to interrupt, but have you seen a little armadillo Pokémon?"

She cleared her throat, as she continued and stated, "His body is mostly gray and he's been avoiding the other Pokémon for some reason, especially me. I need to see the little guy if you know where he is since I need to have a bit of a talk with him."

Sparkle eyed the audino with a little curiosity. She knew that there were pokemon on hand, to aid the human staff of the nursery, though she'd never seen one in the flesh until now. Not that it mattered.

"I saw an aron, when I first came in," she answered, "But he seems to have disappeared. I haven't seen, or heard from him..."

"A-Armadillo?" muttered Étoile, slight confusion in her tone. She furrowed her fictional eyebrows, recalling the Pokémon she had taken not of a while ago. Though she doubted it would be much help. "Um... I have seen him once today... but zat probably doesn't 'elp you at, at all."

Ace turned towards the open door to the outer area and noticed the Audino talking to the other Pokémon. He gulped, thinking that she likely has his location now after talking to the Plusle. He saw the Piplup also talking to the Audino, as he attempted to align the other pins as quickly as he could. However, it wasn't as easy as the movies portrayed it, since he had to rely solely on sound and the pins were significantly smaller than the ones on a typical lock he would pick in about five minutes. He attempted to turn the knife after aligning another pin, though the knife would only turn a fraction of an inch. He slowly turned it back the opposite direction and carefully pushed the paperclip a little more deeper to find the next pin.

In the meantime, the Audino replied to the Plusle and Piplup, "Well, thank you two for helping me out. I suppose he's might not be outside if you both haven't seen him much, so I'll be heading back in to see if he's in there." She made her way back into the building, while wondering if the Aron was still here or if the Plusle's statement of him suddenly disappearing could really be a reality.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Sorry I went for a BIKE RIDE. I died on the inside...)

Bubbles was going to say something about where the Aron is, but it was too late. Being ignored was slightly getting on his nerves, but he calmed himself down. "So, what should we do now, not much to do. We can't battle..." Bubbles hoped he wasn't ignored. He thought that he was nice, and friendly, and then this Plulsie accusing him of getting hurt, was getting all the attention. Oh well, at least... uh... the Piplup likes me a bit. Bubbles could not remember Étoile's name no matter how hard he tried. Étoile was just to complicated for Bubbles to remember.

Étoile turned to the Froakie after hearing him croakily speak. She looked at him, slightly pondering, for a moment. “Well... I am going to look around zis place a bit. I haven’t quite had ze chance yet.” answered the Pipup. Her name was but two syllables- eh-twal- meaning star in French- but not everyone had the best memory. “Would you like to come with me?”

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Sure, I have nothing else to do." Bubbles responded. Bubbles turned Sparkle. "I'm sorry, but what exactly is a Poffin?" Bubbles couldn't eat things like Poffins, so his trainer never fed him things like that, so he didn't know what that was.

Ace turned around again after seeing the Audino coming back in, as he gulped when he heard the Plusle mentioning that she and the other Pokémon were heading back inside. He carefully pulled the paper clip and the knife out of the lock, taking care to be as gentle as possible to avoid moving the pins back from alignment. He also pulled off the plastic card and placed everything back in his plushie. Seeing that it was just a mere three foot drop with the carpeted floor acting as a cushion of some sort, he dropped down with his plushie and swiftly made his way back to the pillow he was at when he was dropped off at the Nursery. He gave his best at feigning interest with the place, as he pretended to play with the nearby toy blocks in hopes of being able to slip past any wandering eyes.

Jay suddenly reinserted himself into the conversation. "Poffins are like cookies! They come in cute colors like pink and blue- or just tan or something. They're really good, and I think they're made of berries..?" Jay stopped talking for a second; not because he just popped in, randomly blurting out an answer, but because he had no idea what he just said. "They're really good. If you can eat them, you'll like them!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhhh... okay, thanks." Bubbles said nothing about not even having teeth, or not even knowing what berries taste like. Minus juice, he could have juice, but he heard that actual whole berries where better than juice. "Sounds good."

Ace noticed the Audino coming inside and approaching him once again, as he gulped and curled in a little ball. He took a deep breath to gather as much energy as he could, as the Audino picked him and the plushie up. She inquired, "So, what seems to be the matter? You don't exactly look too happy here."

The Audino listened in on Ace attempting to utter a comprehensible noise to her, as she asked, "Wait, are you able to talk? I understand if you can't since you do look a bit young here."

Ace nodded in his response, as the Audino stated, "Well, your trainer was kind enough to leave an information card of you and her contact information on the counter before she took off in quite the hurry."

She cleared her throat, as she asked, "So, your name is Ace, you're an Aron and your trainer's name is Aliah correct?"

Ace took another gulp of air after hearing what the Audino stated, as he nodded again. She continued to hold him and his plushie in her arms while affirming from the card, "Well, it appears to be that according to the back side, you clearly have a bad history with several Pokémon Centers and even another Nursery that's about three miles away from here. It says right here that you had been in several fights with another Pokémon and that you almost escaped from the Nursery... Gosh, you sure are a unique kid compared to the others, I'll at least give you that."

Ace made a gesture of a pen and paper using his arms, as the Audino asked, "Wait, do you need a pen and paper or something Ace? I can get you some from the counter right now."

Ace gave a light nod as the Audino walked to her counter, opened the gate and placed Ace on top of the counter next to the stacks of paper. She placed a blank sheet and a pen in front of him after placing the plushie beside him, as she calmly said, "Take your time Ace, no one's in a rush or anything."

Ace attempted to write as fast as he could after noting that snack time was around the corner, as the paper read after he was finished within a good five minutes:

About the fight... it was him that started it, and he can rot like the little useless pawn he is. I can't believe that I almost had to take that brake fluid from that crazy bug! Ugh... anyway, I have a little deal to make with you. I know you probably saw what I was doing over there, so I'll be quick. You keep my secret safe, and I'll be your best kid that you could ever imagine.

The Audino secretly placed her feelers on Ace, as she thought, "Huh, so it appears to be that he hates that pawn Pokémon after all, well that kinda stinks. I kinda liked that kid before he had to move- Oh wait, what's this? Well... should I take this kid's deal or not? He said that he will be a good boy, but I don't know. This looks far too good to be true, and his record says it all. Ugh... but kids could possibly change right? It couldn't possibly hurt to take a deal from a ten month old Pokémon."

"They're my favourite treat in the whole word, except for pokepuffs," Sparkle said happily, "Hm, but I like pokeblocks too...And aprijuice, and pokesticks. They are the BEST! They're from a far-off region, with sunshine and beaches, and two great legendary pokemon..."

And she went off into a long tangent, listing how much she loved each and every treat from around the world. Ella's mummy worked abroad a lot, and she came home with many different delicacies from around the globe. She heard stories about incredible pokemon, and a gym leader who was so tough, that he could have become an elite four member, if he weren't so ill.

name: Whoop

species: Kricketot

defining traits: Whoop cannot speak words, but instead just clicks his little antennae together. How can people understand him? He doesn't know, but they do. Probably something astrological.

Whoop's trainer carried him into the daycare, and checked him in. While his trainer brought him to the place where they drop him off, Whoop's trainer asked "Now, be nice to the others, okay?" of which Whoop's reply was a set of four clicks of three sections. His trainer laughed, and replied "I know, I know. Just joking." before placing him in the play area. Whoop's trainer said goodbye and left, so then Whoop was left to his own devices. He let out a few clicks to announce that a new playmate arrived, and wandered around the room.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Oh lord, I did not get a notification...)
"Cool." Bubbles responded. "I don't know a thing about most of the foods you mentioned, but okay." Bubbles realized that his statement made him look dumb, but then didn't care at all. He really didn't care about food, either, as even though there was lots of stuff he could not eat, he was still able to eat.

Ace sat on the counter with his plushie while staring blankly at the Audino, as if it had been years waiting for her to say something. The Audino emitted a deep sigh and stated, "Let me think this for a little, I'm not too sure yet since your records seem a bit suspicious here."

Ace gave a vague frown towards the Audino while whimpering at an unusually quiet tone at her, as he picked up the voice of a frog-like Pokémon that appeared to not have as much interest as the others for snack time. He attempted to gather as much energy in his right arm as he could in a discreet manner. He glanced down at the newcomer while trying his best to not appear too frightened to strangers, as he thought, "Hmm... so he looks like one of those bug Pokémon or something... And what do those clicks mean? I guess even he has his own way of talking like I do."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well then, let's go inside." Bubbles started walking back into the main building. He was hungry, but he wasn't too hungry, which was good. There wasn't anything he could eat, so he would have to wait until he got home to have food. He didn't like berry juice either. Oh well. I'm glad I ate before this...

Inside, he noticed the Audio from earlier, and another Pokemon, as well as a bug type Pokemon, but he said nothing.

Whoop saw the little grey thing looking at him, so he cocked his head and clicked in a friendly greeting. He wanted to get up on the desk to his new friend, so he hopped and ran around the desk, clicking excitedly the whole time. Whoop was too focused on Friend Grey Thing to notice Blue Frog Dude behind him.

(OOC: In case if you have autocorrect on, be careful hehe. Spelling is Audino just for convenience.)

BIC:

Ace gulped when he saw the Froakie walking into the building, as he attempted to maintain his composure for as long as he could. Unfortunately, it was broken after a mere second later, as he turned towards the Audino. He saw her holding a syringe of clear liquid, the same medicine that his trainer would use when it came to the time to take it. His body shivered like a mountain about to collapse on itself, as he scooted away from her while grasping the plushie with a firm grip. The Audino calmly said, "Well, she did have to leave the medicine with me since she can't use it if she's gone for the day. Now just hold still, and try to think of something other than what you're seeing right now. It mostly worked for the little Happiny and I'm sure that it can work for you too."

Ace rolled off the counter with his plushie, paper and pen, as he emitted a high cry of disapproval towards the Audino. His right glowed with a bright, whitish light, as he thought, "Okay, I guess quiet time might not be an option anymore. I'm sorry for doing this Aliah, but you know, I don't want you to see me crying in my crib for three hours like last time."

He noticed the Audino opening the gate adjacent to the counter, as she stated, "Come on, the longer you avoid it, the scarier this is gonna be for you. Just come over here like you promised in the letter."

It appeared to be that Ace was far too concerned with the Audino, as he didn't notice the little bug Pokémon running around the desk. He quickly wrote in his response, "But it doesn't apply to those pointy things..."

The Audino picked up the paper as soon as Ace made a break for it, as she skimmed the back side and responded, "Promise or not, there's still no escaping this."

She stood near her desk and asserted, "Now Ace, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. I've managed to chase down a Minun that had the ability turn invisible, so I don't think it would be a problem to catch up to a little guy like you."

Despite the Audino's declaration of authority, Ace continued to refuse her orders, as he zoomed past the Froakie while noticing that the Audino was steadily making his way to him. However, the roaring pace was put to an end when he came at the same corner he was at not too long ago, as he took in a deep breath. The Audino asked, "Ace, I'm sure that you wouldn't want to miss snack time over a little needle right?"

Ace emitted a low grunt towards the Audino, as she attempted to scoop him in her arms. He leaped away in the opposite direction, as his arm pounded the floor, sending a powerful shock wave speeding towards the Audino! She attempted to back away from the wave of forceful energy swiftly homing in on her, but it was already too late by then. A huge explosion of energy echoed across the building, as the Audino was sent flying towards the counter!

She fell onto her back near the counter, as she coughed and grunted, "Dang it Ace... you sure are quite strong for someone your size... but can't you like listen to me or something? I'm just d- doing this for y- you... n- not... m- m- me..." She coughed again after attempting to speak to Ace as calmly as she could, as she attempted to get back on her feet in spite of her legs being numb for a brief moment. Ace quietly let off an almost inaudible sob and ran towards the Plusle while holding onto his plushie as hard as he could after retrieving it.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(ooopppps... Auto correct HATES me. I think Autocorrect wants me to die.)

Bubbles was a little spooked with Ace suddenly running past him, but he said nothing. That was until Ace realized the shockwave. Luckily, it didn't hit him. What in the... He noticed the Audino flying back into the counter, and the little grey pokemon was no-where to be seen. "What the heck?" He muttered, barely audible. "What happened?" He actually spoke this time, walking over to the Audino which happened to be very injured

(Woah.)

The Audino let off a few more quieter coughs before barely managing to get up onto one knee, as she stated, "Well, it seems as if little Ace doesn't want to listen or anything. He's gotta take his medicine because he's got this condition where he can't exactly eat the stuff that his kind normally eats."

She attempted to get up and stand upright as best as she could, as she continued, "He's not exactly the best kid since he doesn't really have a great history after what I read on the card his trainer gave to me earlier. Now, if you want to talk to him or something, I wouldn't mind. Just be careful that he can't talk though." She took a few deep breaths and focused the energy from her hands to her legs, as a pink beam of soothing energy was directed to her legs a few seconds later. She gave a sigh of relief, as another deep sigh soon followed when she saw Ace running towards a Plusle.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"That wasn't my intention. I was just walking around and then this happened." Bubbles responded. "At least you didn't die." Bubbles joked. His original goal was to explore with the other Pokemon and now it's just him here. When the heck is snack time, so at least I could like... take a break...

Jay was distracted from following Bubbles inside, noticing a toy ball. He ran over to it and kicked it back into the sand before remembering snack time was soon, and ran on inside, realizing Bubbles was gone. Once inside, he noticed a Pokémon- well, two- a gray one who he noted earlier, but just avoided because it seemed to prefer it's lonesome, but was running over to Sparkle, and a bug-type. There was an Audino too.
Jay frankly had no idea what he just walked in on.

Whoop could tell Grey Friend and Pink Caretaker were upset, but his attention was centered on Grey Friend, so he ran after him. Whoop clicked worriedly, well, worried about Grey Friend's condition.

(Autocorrect can go elsewhere, because the only Audino to Whoop is Pink Caretaker!)
(Autocorrect didn't even try to correct Audino in that sentence. It just corrected elsewhere.)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles was starting to actually get a bit hungry all of sudden. Even though snack time wouldn't fill him up at all, he still decided to ask when snack was. He looked at the Audino. "Hey, when is snack?" He asked.

Sparkle was a little taken aback, partly by the commotion in the nursery, but also by the apparent threat of the aron coming toward her. Nonetheless, she stood her ground, ready to deliver a swift thunderpunch, if needed.

"What's with you?" she said coolly.

"Snack should be in about three minutes. I think a Slurpuff or a Chimecho is going to bring some puffs, blocks and various juices here. They'll all be placed at the small table that even a small Pokémon like the one near the mouse should be able to enjoy at the center area. It's more than big enough to fit plenty of goodies," The Audino replied.

Her tail perked up after realizing what she just stated, as she thought, "Wait a minute... small Pokémon... oh gosh, it's Ace! I gotta get him before he runs off again or something!" She silently made her way to Ace while creating a protective, mystical barrier around herself to prevent any severe complications from arising if she were to be in the way of a powerful move.

Meanwhile, Ace stopped in his tracks the moment when the Plusle asked him a question. He attempted to think of a comprehensible response in a matter of seconds, as he lifted his shaky right arm and pointed towards the Audino responding to the Froakie's earlier question. Ace was readying another move in case if the worst was to happen, as he attempted to get around the Plusle without appearing too threatening to her.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay," Bubbles responded."Do you happen to-" Bubbles was unable to finish his sentence before the Audino ran off to get Ace. "Never mind then." He muttered. I guess I'm not going to have anything to eat then. Oh well. Bubbles then started to look for the table, but not really looking, more like slowly walking over to it.

Name: Nashai

Species: Riolu

Defining Traits: Turquoise flame marking covering arms, and diamond-shaped red markings under eyes, as he wears a red scarf.

The Riolu walked into the daycare, nervous for his first day being here, as he slowly walked in and just looked around. "Well, this is a nice place.. Kinda.." He mumbled to himself, walking outside to a training ground. The Riolu began attacking the air for 5 minutes, until he ran out of breath and collapsed, staring at the clouds silently.

Name: Volt
Species: Shinx
Defoning Traits: He has a dark red bandana with a large lightning bolt symbol on it that is colored honey yellow. The lightning bolt on it is clearly drawn on with marker, and it is make of cotton. His eyes are a burnt orange color. On his tail a grass green ribbon was tied on, with two trailing ends (and its not in a bow).

~~~

Volt frowned as he explored the daycare. He didn’t really want to be there, I mean he wasn’t just a tiny little kid! Okay so he was five, but he should be hanging out with his team and training with his trainer! She huffed as he sat in the sandpit, blowing a small wave of sand outwards.