• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Nursery

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(No one is helping poor Bubbles over here. Someone do something! Or not, no-one can post, that's fine toooooooooo)

Bubbles regained consciousness again, but said nothing. He needed help very quickly. It had been a while since he was hit with the attack. He was getting worse and worse the longer they waited. He kept slipping in and out of consciousness, as his body tried to recover itself. Help...

(I am tired of waiting....)

Last edited:
(for some reason my notif didn't work lol this site hates me)

In a worried motion, the quiet Piplup racked her brains for something, anything, to help out the poor water frog. She was quite intelligent despite her feeble nature, and eventually came to a conclusion; she had to make herself heard. So the Piplup began to screech and screech for attention, standing by the Froakie's side and hoping a staff member would notice her, and come help.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Sorry, I was eating Sushi.)

Bubbles regained consciousness again, and tried to hold on to that Consciousness. His head really hurt, and his vision was blurry. The last bit of electricity faded, and he could move again, yet his body ached, so he did not. He noticed the Piplup from earlier screeching, he couldn't figure out why. He seemed to be stabilizing, and he stopped passing out, but he wasn't clear yet. A quiet "I need help..." was muttered, but nothing else.

"Um, I'm trying to help you..." the Piplup squeaked, continuing to screech between words. "I'm trying to get the staff's attention so they can give you a hand..." Étoile murmured, slightly panicking but mainly keeping her composureZ

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Okay..." Bubbles mumbled. He was still trying to figure out what in the world was going on. His brain wasn't working properly, so he couldn't really remember what happened. In his mind, he just woke up like this. He also didn't know where he was, or what the time was. He was essentially lost. "It hurts... to... move..." Bubbles quietly stated.

"Stay nice and still, I will look after you..." the Piplup murmured, screeching again. She stroked his forehead with her fluffy feathers, hoping to soothe him slightly, and tried to make conversation, despite her shyness. "Um... my name is Étoile. What is your name?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uh... okay..." Bubbles murmured. He then realized he was being asked what his name was. And for the first time in his life, he couldn't quite clearly remember his own name. After a few seconds, he remembered, though. "Uh.... my... name is b-bub...les." He coughed a tiny little cough as his lungs tried to work as normal again. Why... is she trying to converse with me? I-I'm dying here....

She kept rubbing his head, trying to soothe him with the silky softness of her feathers- and, water droplets began to form in her feathers, which she rubbed into the Froakie, screeching for help yet again. "Hopefully, the water will help soothe you. You are a water type, after all..." Étoile murmured, trying to cool him

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(I already know what's going to happen....................................................................................)

The water didn't really do much, and thankfully the electricity had faded, or it would've made it worse. At least she's trying. "uh... t-thanks..." Bubbles was a little uncormfortable, but at least he was alive. He had never felt so much pain, let alone from ONE attack. He thought he was going to win, and then he got absolutely destroyed by one move. How does this e-even happen? I mean this was unfair, and now look what happens....

"Sorry..." croaked the Piplup in a hoarse, quiet voice, her French accent becoming more and more apparent by the second. She halted doing what she was doing, and screeched again. "It... doesn't seem to be working..." murmured the Piplup, her hazel-hued eyes falling solemnly upon the ground. "But, if you ask me, zis is no proof of your power. You were... um... water doesn't do very well against electric. Maybe one day... you will meet a battler more suited to you."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Y-yeah.. I know..." Bubbles kind of didn't wanted to be reminded of the battle, which he could remember more clearly now. He knew he was at a type disadvantage, and he had a strategy to defend himself, but it was utterly useless. Why... have no staff come, yet. I'm like dying here!

(oops I was gone for a bit)
Jay skidded over to Bubbles. "We shouldn't battle here... it hasn't done anyone but Sparkle any good." Even then, she might get in trouble... he looked around for any of the staff members, the daycare ladies, occasional visiting breeders and anyone who decided to spend their time with tiny Pokémon- eventually, he'd decided to run up to any human he saw and yap at them until they followed.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I... think I could tell that..." Bubbles mumbled. Hey, it's that same Fennekin from earlier... Bubbles yawned. He almost died, so he was pretty tired. He shut his eyes. Sleeping would definitely help me...

Ace continued pushed the stool as he hard as he could towards the cabinet, as he placed it against them moments later. He looked around to see if anyone was in the building with him, though it appeared to be that the Pokémon were still outside. He climbed up the stool with some effort involved, while then climbing onto the cabinets right after lightly throwing his plushie on top. A minute elapsed, and he was on top of the cabinets after more effort was put into maintaining a shaky grip. He attempted to open the window to freedom, though it wouldn't budge however. He attempted to move the lock in hopes of getting it to forcibly open from the sudden pressure, though the lock wouldn't give in.

A careful inspection seconds later revealed a keyhole at the lock's center area, as Ace gave a light groan, grabbed his plushie and climbed back down to the carpeted floor soon after. He thought, "Great, so even this place has windows that need keys? Well... I ain't risking a trip to the lady in the pink hair to break some glass, so I'd better do everything solo and quiet." He scanned the area for any useful items, hoping to snag something that could undo the lock guarding his ticket to liberty.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Ugh..." Bubbles could no longer move the lower half of his body. "Go... get a staff member...... before I die..." Bubbles never felt like this before. "Help..." Bubbles could no longer speak anymore. What in the world. WHY IS NO-ONE GETTING HELP? Bubbles coughed.

(That's a bit dramatic, dont'cha think? All that happened was that your character got paralysed...And please be more patient when it comes to responses. We have things to do other than RP. I have fondant which I have to make by the end of the day, so I'm kinda busy)

Sparkle ran away from the commotion, to sit by herself. All that happened was that she paralysed that froakie, and now, he was acting like he was dying? Why? Paralysis was easily cured, all it needed was the right berry, or in dire situations, a full restore. Plus, now the other pokemon didn't seem to like her very much.

She played by herself in the sandbox for a bit, listlessly toying with a rubber psyduck. Now, she wasn't sure if she liked this nursery...

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Froakie is a water type. You used a move which sends a bolt of electricity at the Opponent, who again, is a water type. It would of hit him somewhere in the upper body which could actually be fatal.)

Paralysis was easily cured, and Bubbles knew that, but that wasn't the problem. He was very weak to all electric attacks, and he was hit by one to the upper body. The electricity could of easily passed through his heart, stopping it, but luckily for Bubbles, it did not. He survived, and he was slowly going back to normal. He could sit up again, and speak normally as his body returned back to normal function. Hey, I'm good now. "Well. Thanks for helping me, I suddenly feel a lot better." He said to everyone around him, but mostly towards the Piplup that had helped him, Étoile.

While the other Pokémon were likely still outside, Ace continued to search the building for any useful items he could use to get through the lock. He checked the floor first, wondering if anyone managed to drop anything that he could possibly use to his advantage. Then he started to look around the tables and drawers after stumbling upon some more toy blocks and other related articles. It seemed as if hours had gone by, but the day wasn't even halfway through yet.

Ace silently stood near a mirror while finding some sort of toy knife beneath it, as an idea swiftly hatched in his head. He recalled a man from a horror movie using a sharp knife, a paper clip and some sort of hard card to forcibly open a door. He placed the harmless, plastic knife in the storage pocket of his plushie after zipping it out and unzipping it back once it was securely inside with his belongings. "Everything's going to plan. I'll slip out of here in no time, and no one's gonna be the wiser," Thought the Aron.

"Ah!!" Etoile hummed, a small smile curving her maw. Her brown eyes slightly sparkled as she looked at the other. "No problem. I... I am glad zat you are okay. What... happened?" she asked. The Plusle might be powerful but it shouldn't really do that much damage. "Maybe we can go see ze... ze Plusle zat... zat you were battling?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Oh, Sparkle just used a little electric type move that causes paralysis." Bubbles stood up. "I think I'm fine now. We could go over to her, but we don't need to." Bubbles wasn't mad or anything like that. It was a battle that he chose to do, so if Sparkle wanted to use a move, that's okay. "Why would we need to anyways?"

"She looks... a bit lonely, zat's all." murmured the fluffy Piplup, her brown eyes hopeful. She decided she would, in fact, approach the Plusle- to introduce herself. She looked down as the little Pokémon was playing in the sandbox. Attempting to again obtain her composure, and not explode with embarrassment. She was becoming slightly more confident, though the progress was minimal. "Um, bonjour..." murmured the Piplup, her eyes fastening to the ground, rather than the Plusle before her. "Um... are you okay? You look... sad."

None of the humans seemed to be staff. Jay sighed, and only a lady with pink hair ever noticed his pleas, and she didn't even understand what he was saying.
It looked like Bubbles had recovered: Etoile had left his side and went on to Sparkle, talking to her. Jay decided that, by now, human assistance wasn't needed. He walked over to Bubbles, deciding to apologize for not being too much of anything.
"I'm glad you're better now- none of the people listened to me, so I couldn't help."

Ace went over to the small playpen after seeing various toys in that area. To a typical baby, it was their dream to have the entire area to themselves. To Ace however, it was considered as a small armoury packed with an arsenal of tools to freedom. He silently entered the playpen through the open gate and crawled towards a toy register. Even though the artificial notes were tempting to grab, there was something else that Ace was seeking. After a careful inspection of the register, there appeared to be some sort of rectangular piece hanging out from a slot that read, "Insert card here." He snatched the card and placed it in the storage area of his plushie, as he made his way out of the playpen soon after attempting to search the other toys for a good minute.

He skulked about on the carpet like a sniper sneaking past enemy lines on their last mission. He steadily advanced towards a table after noticing that it had some stacks of paper and other articles that he was yet to find their purpose of. He turned towards the outer area of the building, as he kept his pace after taking note of the Pokémon that were still outside. Everything seemed to be going fine for him, as there seemed to be no human staff in the area ready to stop him from his imminent breakout. He continued to make his way over to the small table while taking a deep breath in hopes that no Pokémon would come in the building. He continued to hold his plushie after getting used to the slight weight difference and kept the race against his true enemy, one that kept ticking the minutes by.

"I'm fine," Sparkle answered, "I'm just...That froakie is really getting on my nerves. I hit him with a thunder wave, and he demands everybody's attention, and acts like I almost killed him. Now everybody thinks I'm some kind of psycho."

"I do not zink you are a psycho. You were just having a bit of fun," murmured the Piplup, waving a feathered flipped to the Plusle in an action of beckoning. She shrunk into herself, as her breath started catching in her throat, getting slightly nervous- as usual. "Um... maybe you and ze Froakie can have a little make-up conversation. You maybe could be friends, no?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Bubbles walked over to Piplup and Plulsie. He heard that the Plulsie didn't like him all because he got hurt. Sheesh. It's not my fault I'm weak to electric type moves. He said nothing, until he heard Piplup's suggestion. "I think that will be good."

"I don't know about that. I feel like if I do, he'll find some other way to make me look bad. I used a non-damaging move, for Arceus sake!" she answered, "And Ella's mummy says I shouldn't associate with pokemon like him."

She got a brazen look in the eye, as she remembered her words. "Don't ever let toxic people back in, because they'll only hurt you again," she continued, "And they won't ever stop."

She glanced up, upon noticing that the froakie in question had come. "I...Guess you heard all of that. Well?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
What's up with her? "I have done nothing to you. Just because you beat me in a battle doesn't mean you look bad." Oh well, no use trying now. Bubbles didn't like how Plulsie disliked him for a bad reason, but he didn't really care too much.

"You made all that fuss about how you were dying, over a thunder-wave," Sparkle said coolly, "A thunder-wave. Everyone else probably thinks I hit you with a giga-impact, or something. They must think I was out to kill you, not beat you in battle, and now I'll never make any friends here!"

She pulled her knees up to her chest. "I'll never be able to come to nursery again."

Etoile looked quite solemnly at the poor Plusle, feeling rater sorry for her. "Um... I zink you are nice! You can be friends.. with me, if you want..." the Piplup murmured quietly. She was looking for friends, just so she could be a little more comfortable in this god-awful place.

Sparkle perked up a little. "Really? You think we could be friends?" she answered.

She then turned to the pichu, who was intruding on the conversation. "Hi," she began, "I'm Sparkle!"

“Ah, oui! Of course. I just... want to feel a bit more comfortable in zis place. I’m... gonna be here for a while.” The soft-spoken Piplup murmured. Her brown eyes still avoiding anyone else’s line of sight.

A Pichu then approached, and Étoile turned to face him. Her feathers puffed up and she hid her face in them, nervously, though she did look rather cute. “Um... salut. I am Étoile.”

Jay walked up to the group: he didn't like to be excluded, and he wanted to greet the newcomer, who seemed to just randomly appear in the nursery. It was a Pichu, with a nasty cut on his ear. Said Pichu had already begun to introduce himself to Etoile and Sparkle, talking about himself. Instead of talking, Jay just sat there awkwardly, listening.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Just saying, you don't need to capitalize the first letter of EVERY word.)

Bubbles said nothing. He didn't care too much that he was being ignored, but he hated that he was being hated for being injured. Yes, it was a non-damaging move, and it didn't permanently damage Bubbles. He just got paralyzed. That's it. He was lucky to live as his entire body could of been paralyzed. He would've choked to death.

Sparkle's eyes lit up. "Yay! My first friend!" she bounced about on her tiny feet.

She was a little sympathetic of the pichu, having a similar story as to why she had a chunk missing from her ear. "I got mine in a mightyena attack," she explained, "And then Ella's mummy fought them off with her glameow!"

“All of you have such interesting stories... I am just weak, sadly...” she murmured, her eyes falling upon the ground, she puffed her feathers up more as a sort of barrier between strangers and herself.

"You're not weak!" Sparkle insisted, "You just haven't been through what we have!"

She got to her feet, standing proudly. "Strength isn't a measure how much you can take before you get knocked out. It's a measure of how many times you can get knocked out, and still get back in the ring."

Jay's ears perked up. "You're not weak!" he said, overhearing Etoile. "You're nice, you were able to help out Bubbles, even though we're all so young, and... you're the opposite of weak!" his eyes illuminated. "Just because you don't have fascinating stories to tell, that doesn't mean you're not interesting," he added.

Étoile’s face lit up like a Christmas Tree and in response, her feathers puffed up quite a lot- it was instinctive, since her feathers became more fluffy when she was flattered or embarrassed. Her hazel eyes sparkles softly. “Ah, thanks... m-my trainer sent me here to get stronger, so perhaps... zat’s why I zink I am weak.”

(OOC: Alright, I'm having an NPC character after getting permission to the RP creator. Now, the only condition is that no one else can be controlling her at the same time that I am controlling her right now because that's been creating a lot of chaos from when that happened before.)

BIC:

Ace made his way to the table after managing to take some precious minutes to silence his movement. He placed his plushie next to the table and climbed on the tiny chair to get onto the table. Once he was on the table, he scanned the area in hopes of finding something else other than the papers that could probably bore even a Drowzee to death. He saw something glimmering in the fluorescent light that appeared to be holding the papers together in a neat stack, as he carefully twisted and pulled on it until it came off. A light smile reflected from a nearby mirror, as the object was placed back into his plushie after Ace climbed back down onto the carpeted floor.

An Audino silently watched from the counter after her pencil was placed down, as she thought, "Huh... what's that little armadillo Pokémon doing over there? Usually I'd be seeing all the Pokémon outside like the other ones over there. This is quite strange, I've never seen anyone alone like that. Maybe I should talk to him or something, since he doesn't look too happy or anything really." The Audino opened the swing gate adjacent to the counter's left side, as she approached Ace silently; taking care to not appear too threatening to a little Pokémon like him.

Ace's eyes widened after sensing another presence within the area, as he turned around to find a tall, pink and cream Pokémon approaching him. It looked exactly like the one at the Pokémon Center he was with yesterday with his trainer when he had to go to the dreaded checkup. Ace gulped, as he attempted to back away from the Audino as much as he can, while gathering a significant amount of energy in his right arm after grabbing his plushie with his other arm.

"What's wrong little guy? Are you okay? You don't look too happy here. I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just going to pick you up and see what seems to be bothering you okay?" The Audino said with a motherly tone while attempting to scoop up Ace in her arms.

Ace swiftly moved back in a sudden motion to evade the Audino's arms, as he attempted to make the best intimidating noise he could at her. The Audino gave a light sigh and stated, "Come on, it's okay if you're scared. Like I said, I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just wanting to know what's bothering you so I can help you out."

Ace moved away from the Audino's arms again with an effortless bound, as he emitted another low noise of metallic sounds in hopes of getting the Audino to bug off. It appeared to be that the Audino wasn't affected by something that could barely make even a Butterfree merely flinch for a second. She attempted to grab Ace with a gentle grip, though he leapt away and gathered even more energy into his right arm. His plushie was dropped after throwing it a few feet behind, as his right arm shone a wavering light towards the Audino. He struck the carpeted floor, as most of the force was brought forth by the zooming shock wave from the energy from his arm transferred to the floor. The shock wave blasted the Audino with a vigorous force, as she was sent falling over onto the floor! She attempted to roll over to prevent herself from falling face first, though her body was briefly numb from the impact of the shock wave's violent explosion.

Ace gave a slightly louder groan, as he knew that at least someone from outside could have heard the recent explosion of vigorous energy. Knowing that the Audino might still be on him, he decided to run towards the window and drawer after managing to grab his plushie.

"Ouch... that little guy sure packs a punch for someone his size. Maybe I might need to be a bit more careful around him," The Audino grunted to herself before sluggishly getting on her feet. Even though she knew that he was attempting to avoid her, she didn't exactly know what he really had in mind. She took a few breaths before attempting to search for Ace again.