• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Nursery

In this RP, you are a baby pokemon, sent to a nursery during the day, while your trainer is at work or school. Until your trainer comes to pick you up, you are free to do whatever you like; play with your friends, eat snacks given to you by the kindly pokemon breeder who runs the place, or take naps in the beautiful meadows outside.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(As always, fill in the form if you want to join!)

Name:

Species: (You must be the starting form of a pokemon, since you are a baby in this RP. For example, you could be an eevee, but not an umbreon, or any of its other evolutions)

Reason for being at the nursery: (This is why your trainer can't look after you during the day)

(Here's my form)

Name: Sparkle

Species: Plusle (Shiny)

Reason for being at the nursery: A little girl found her abandoned in the street, and begged her parents to keep her. They relented, but since they can't take care of her during the day, and the little girl is at school, they decided to enrol her in the pokemon nursery. Sparkle will be the little girl's starter pokemon when she grows up, and she wants to become strong for when her owner is old enough to take her on a journey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparkle wandered out into the meadow, to look for something to do. Several other pokemon were playing together already, chasing each other through the fields and picking berries.

Her little ears bobbed. Just what could she do to pass the time until Ella and her daddy came to pick her up?

Name: Lyle

Species: Azurill

Reason for being at the nursery: Lyle's human companion Lorelei is in high school and Lorelei's parents have to go to work. So they enrolled Lyle in the nursery.

Lyle happily bounced along. Lorelei had school and Lorelei's parents had to work, but that was okay. This was an opportunity to make new friends. He spotted a Shiny Plusle and went over to her. "Hi." Lyle said shyly.

Sparkle's ears twitched when she heard an azurill's cry behind her. Maybe this pokemon could be her playmate!

"O-oh, hey," she squeaked, hopping on her little cream feet, "I'm Sparkle. What's your name?"

Sparkle giggled, spinning around gracefully on one foot. Suddenly, she knew exactly where she wanted to go first; the playground. There were swings and a slide, and a big merry-go-round, decorated with ponyta-shaped seats.

She motioned for Lyle to follow her. "Let's play!" She giggled, dashing to the merry-go-round.

Name: Ace

Species: Deino

Reason for being at the nursery: Ace was... Blind, And his trainer didnt know what to do truly, so he dropped him off here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah." Lyle said with a grin. He happily bounced after her. Lyle managed to match Sparkle's speed, despite that fact that his actual legs were shorter than hers. He giggled. Lyle stopped giggling for a moment to smile at the Plusle running next to him.

Name: Clay

Species: Phanpy

Reason for being at the nursery: Clay's trainer had two Pokemon but they bullied Clay quite badly and so they drop Clay off at Day care so it can socialize with other Pokemon and the trainer can go on a journey with his other Pokemon.

Clay slowly walked out into the playground and saw plenty other Pokemon playing with each other. Clay was quite afraid to make friends with anyone because of the chance of them bullying him as well. So Clay jump simply sat in the corner and looked down to his feet and tried not to cry.

• Name: Red
  • Species: Pichu
  • Reason for being in the nursery: Red's trainer, Dove, has to go to Middle School while both of her parents have to do their job. Her brother also has to go to High School as well.
  • Note: Red is shy.
  • Male!
The small Pichu walked out into the playground. Fear shot in his eyes-- as he saw a bunch of pokemon. His emerald eyes would slowly water up, trying not to be afraid. He slowly walks away from the other Pokémon. He sat down in a sandbox. He decided to play by himself so he wouldn't be afraid.

Clay realised a Pichu playing in the sandbox by them self. Clay the Phanpy thought maybe he's by himself for the same reason. Clay stood and took a deep breath and hesitantly walks over to the electric type Pokemon. "H-hey, my names Clay...what's yours?" Clay nervously asked the Pichu.

Name: Starkite
Species: Starly
Reason for being at the nursery: He was just hatched from his egg and his trainer don't have a time to take care of him.
Shiny: No

Starkite just entered the Nursery. "Have fun, little guy," The Breeder says. He went outside where the playground is located. There was many pokemon there but the only thing he like in the playground is Sandbox. He saw two other pokemon were there too so he approaches them slowly.

"Hi! I'm Starkite and you?" Starkite asked them both while sitting in the sandbox.

Name: Razi

Species: Riolu

Reason for being at the nursery: His trainer had to go to high school, and his parents have to go to work. His trainer had also wanted to try to get Razi to socialize more with others around his age, as this is majorly damaged due to a traumatic event that occurred in the past.

Razi had entered the Nursery later, after his trainer waved to him. He saw him leave in his car, as he heard from his trainer, "Have fun alright? Try to relax if you can, stay safe." He decided to look around the place, as he saw a Starly that went outside to the playground.

He had a saddened look, as his eyes had already foretold his emotions. His aura had been corrupted by his strong depression he had in his life so far. Black lights faintly glew from his body, as he crossed his arms while he followed the Starly to the playground. He thought to himself as he saw him sitting in a sandbox, "I just wish that I could be home alone... that way I can just cry on my teddy bear all day and let off steam on him. I just can't stop thinking about it, that time keeps haunting me..."

He stood near the sandbox, while his dark black aura faintly emitted from his body in the sunlight. He wasn't bothered to talk yet, as he sat outside the sandbox with his arms still crossed. His aura could be sensed in the area, as he placed his hands over his eyes and sliently cried.

"Hey Starkite, I'm Clay," Clay said nervously, but was slowly growing in confidence. "Do you wanna play with me in the sandbox?"
Clay said Shyly. Clay then noticed a Riolu standing behind the new Starly. "Is that Riolu your friend?" Clay asked because of how curious he was about the fighting type stranger.

"Huh? Where?" Starkite turned to his right and saw a Riolu with strange aura. "No, but I like to be friend with him!" Starkite immediately jump from the sandbox and went near the Riolu. He looked at him curiously. "Hi! I'm Starkite! And yours?" he asked the sad looking Riolu.

Clay walked next to Starkite to talk to the Riolu. "You can play with us if you want," Clay said nervously. Clay got a bit anxious and decided to just jump back in the sandbox and throw around sand. "Take this sand attack!" Clay chuckled to himself.

"Clay, wait!" Starkite begins to jump in the box once again. He make a sand ball and arranged it vertically. He then laid himself at the sands and he was asleep.

Clay thought it was strange that a Pokemon would fall asleep in the sandbox. "Why are you going to sleep during play time?" Clay asked confused as to what Starkite's reason was to go to sleep. He then got an idea and quietly chuckled sinisterly. "Sand attack!" Clay yelled as he threw sand at Starkite.

Razi instantly moved swiftly once he saw it coming, as he thought to himself, "I don't wanna lose it here... I could try to keep my anger bottled in, but he did say it wasn't right, right?"

He didn't want to look angered at the Phanpy who was using sand attack, as he still covered his face with his hands and sat in another position still crying. He might had been the only one who looked sad, as he didn't notice all the other Pokémon playing happily, and one who was asleep.

Last edited:
Starkite's sleep was disturbed when he chocks some sand. He quickly stood up and looked to the right the Riolu is. He saw a tear dropped from his face. Starkite was shocked while he looks at the Riolu. He then approaches the Riolu again and he patted the Riolu's back with a sad face.

"What's wrong?" he asked the Riolu while putting his wing again back to its position.

Having finished playing with the merry-go-round, Sparkle wandered over to the sandbox, to play with some of the other pokemon. A riolu, a pichu, a phanpy and a starly were there chatting, while two zangoose argued over who got to play with the purple star bucket first.

"Hey," she greeted, "I'm Sparkle. It's nice to meet you!"

Clay watched Starkite walk over to the Riolu. Clay then realised a Plusle walk up to him and introduced them self. "My names Clay! Let's play!" Clay joyfully said before jumping around in a circle in the sand pit. It seems that Clay's nervousness was fading away more for each minute. And was getting comfortable with other Pokemon.

Razi looked at the Plusle that greeted everyone, as he replied to her in a saddened tone, "Well... it's uhh nice to meet you too Sparkle, I'm Razi..." He wiped the tears from his eyes, not seeming to realize that he did it in front of everyone.

He didn't notice Starkite that was next to him, as he continued to cry. He looked at the sand pit while his dark black aura could be sensed still. He didn't even have to express his emotions, as his aura had already done the favor for him.

Sparkle's smile faded, and her ears started to droop as she looked at Razi. "Why are you crying?" she asked, "First day? Don't worry, it's my first day too. I wish Ella could look after me during the day, but she has school..."

Clay slowed down after realizing that everyone was attending to the upset Riolu. "I should probably check as well, I don't want to seem mean." Clay walked over to the group of players. "is everything okay?" Clay asked. He knew already he wasn't okay but wanted to see if he could help.

Razi replied to both Sparkle and Clay, "It's not that.. and I'm not sure of I'm even okay here... I can't even think right." He hid his cold, dark secret from everyone, as he tried to not say anything about it. He sat next to Clay while he looked at Sparkle, as his aura started to darken. He knew that they would have found out about his secret, since he couldn't really hide anything due to his aura that he constantly emitted.

"Are you feeling ill? Do you want us to get the carer?" Clay asked concerned to find out if the Riolu is okay. Clay was starting to get nervous about the aura surrounding Riolu because he didn't know what it meant or if it's a bad thing.

The Pichu smiled at Clay. He was too late to reply though. He was nice to me? Wow! He thought, letting out a smile. He ran up to Clay. "Hi! I heard you say your name, but I didn't reply-- I am now gonna reply. I'm Red!" He spoke. His words were a bit quiet.

Name: Flora

Species: Eevee

Reason for being at the nursery: Her trainer wants her to be stronger, but unforunately, his training didn't work, so he decided for a couple days that Flora should train at the nursery. Flora also cannot seem to evolve, and she's not even close to.
BIC:
Flora sighed that her trainer left her here. This lead her to making big trouble over at the nursery, as she only plans to do it. She laughed quietly, while jumping on a very clean mini-trampoline. Flora saw a a berry on the ground, and ate it. It was bitter. Super bitter. "Yuck! This thing is bad!" she yelled. She ran away, and slipped. "Oh great. Everything isn't so good." she scowled

"What? Us? Bad?" Clay asked slightly confused and nervous. Clay starts to panick slightly. "We haven't done anything wrong!" Clay whimpered. Clay was getting a bit stressed because he didn't want to be told off on the first day of day care.

A Pichu then approached him and Clay tried to play it cool. " Hey Red," Clay said kind of quietly. Clay then decided he wanted to distract himself from that thought and ran up to Red and said "Tag, your it," Clay then ran away giggling.

Name: Cosmi
Species: Espurr
Reason for being at the nursery: Her trainer went on holiday but couldn't take Cosmi with her as she didn't have a pokeball and pokemon can't be out of their pokeballs in planes due to safety reasons, this means she stays over night too.

She watched the other pokemon around her but stayed quiet, shy and nervous to approach anyone just yet as she looked at the playing baby pokemon.

(OOC @Prince Noir: Am I allowed to have another character here? If so, I'm going to include an OC sheet along with him.)

Razi sat down next to Starkite while he said to him, "It's not that, it's something else..." He didn't know what else to do, as he saw a Helioptile that came in the area as he looked familiar to him. He sat down, as the Helioptile walked outside and saw him.

He went up to Razi as he said in concern, "Hey, you alright buddy? You look familiar... I think I saw you at your house yesterday."
Razi replied to the Helioptile as he said, "I'm not alright at all, I feel like a broken heart right now." The Helioptile tried to cheer him up, as he used his frills to give him a slight boost of energy. He sat next to him, while he patted him on his back, as he looked at the the Phanpy that tagged a Pichu.

(OOC @Prince Noir: Am I allowed to have another character here? If so, I'm going to include an OC sheet along with him.)

Razi sat down next to Starkite while he said to him, "It's not that, it's something else..." He didn't know what else to do, as he saw a Helioptile that came in the area as he looked familiar to him. He sat down, as the Helioptile walked outside and saw him.

He went up to Razi as he said in concern, "Hey, you alright buddy? You look familiar... I think I saw you at your house yesterday."
Razi replied to the Helioptile as he said, "I'm not alright at all, I feel like a broken heart right now." The Helioptile tried to cheer him up, as he used his frills to give him a slight boost of energy. He sat next to him, while he patted him on his back, as he looked at the the Phanpy that tagged a Pichu.

(Yes, up to two characters are allowed per person)

Sparkle hopped away to an open, grassy patch. She didn't really feel like playing right now, so, she'd focus on her goal; to become the strongest plusle in all the world. Ella was going to be the Kalos league champion when she grew up, and a champion needed a powerful pokemon team!

Sparkle hadn't mastered any of her attacks yet, but she was getting close! She just knew it! In no time at all, she'd learn spark.

She attempted to throw a jolt of electricity at a tree, but only a tiny red spark came out...

(Yes, up to two characters are allowed per person)

Sparkle hopped away to an open, grassy patch. She didn't really feel like playing right now, so, she'd focus on her goal; to become the strongest plusle in all the world. Ella was going to be the Kalos league champion when she grew up, and a champion needed a powerful pokemon team!

Sparkle hadn't mastered any of her attacks yet, but she was getting close! She just knew it! In no time at all, she'd learn spark.

She attempted to throw a jolt of electricity at a tree, but only a tiny red spark came out...
Cosmi looked at the plusle, seeing the small spark made her curious and saw that the plusle was training. While shy she did want to help if she could so started to walk over to her slowly on soft feet, purple fur fluffing a bit at a breeze. "u-um hello ..... do you need some help?"

"I'm trying to learn spark," Sparkle explained, "I think I'm almost there. I actually got a spark out that time."

The plusle got back in position, and prepared to charge up for another try, "Just a few more tries, and I'll get it, for sure!"

"oh cool!" Cosmi sat down to look at the plusle train "do you mind if I watch? I've only ever tried to train on my own so I want to see how others do it as I'm not very good"

"Sure," Sparkle squeaked, "My trainer's gonna be the Kalos champion, so I've got to get strong for when she's old enough to take me on a journey!'

Sparkle stood at the tree, with her legs spread evenly apart. She focused really hard, and let the electrical energy build up in her paws...

Once she thought that she was ready, she tried to throw it at the tree. Once again, only a tiny red spark came out.

"Ok, next time, I'll get it!" She cried.

(OOC: Alright got it. Here's the OC info for my Helioptile.)

Name: Hector

Species: Helioptile

Reason for being at the nursery: His trainer had to go to work, as his parents had passed away not too long ago. He also lived near Razi, as he is best friends with him, though they would have to be a lot older to even stay home alone.

BIC:
Razi got up and noticed Sparkle that was in an open area on a grassy patch. He walked up to her as he saw her training, while the Helioptile walked alongside him and noticed an Espurr that watched her.

Razi looked at Sparkle while he saw a tiny red spark that came out of her paws, as he sat down adjacent to the Espurr on her left side. The Helioptile watched alongside Razi, as he patted his back while his frills dangled around. He was soaking in the sun's energy, as he relaxed next to him and continued to watch Sparkle training.