• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Nobility School

"Battle in pairs, huh." Lest said as he looked around. Soon he found another trainer that hadn't found anyone to battle yet. Walking up to him, Lest asked if he wanted to battle with him. The trainer agreed and after getting into position, sent out a Magcargo. "Looks like this person knew a fire type would be good against you huh." Lest said as he looked at Kori. Kori nodded and looked at the opponent. "Lass." Was all she said while getting ready to battle, looking like she was excited. "I know, a good challenge is better for learning. Though it wouldn't hurt to be at the type advantage every once in a while." Lest said while giving a small sigh and looking over. Lest had a smile on his face while starting to get serious. "Okay, let's see what we can do."

Daniel's holocaster rings and he runs out "Sorry, gotta take this" he said as he left

Daniel runs back in "I have to go home for a bit. You can handle this, right?" He said as he let Icarus out of it's ball and returned Grimm " good luck!" He yelled as he climbed on icarus's back and flew off

"Alright, finish up your battles."

Rowland instructed the students. Most of them were already done,

"Who would like to volunteer to explain something to the class?"

Rowland asked hoping a student would answer...

The other trainer and Magcargo started the battle with flame burst. "Counter with Ice beam." Lest said as Kori shot the flame burst with ice beam. The two attacks hit and created a cloud of steam in between the two. "Now while it can't see us, use shadow ball." Kori shot out the shadow ball into the cloud. The Magcargo's cry could be heard shortly afterward. The cloud then cleared up and with the opponent visible, it was clear to see it took the damage. Good, looks like it took the hit and shadow balls side effect as well. Lest thought as he was planning things out. The other trainer then had Magcargo use flamethrower. "Try to dodge it." As Kori dodged, she couldn't get out of the way completely and was slightly hit by the attack. A black aura then surrounded Kori, with the same effect showing up on the Magcargo.

That attack wasn't good, but she still looks okay. It also seems that cursed body has taken effect as well. Lest thought as he watched Kori's ability work. The other trainer saw that Kori was hit and tried using the chance to attack with rock throw. "Kori, counter it with another shadow ball." Lest said as Kori got back up and used it. The attacks collided and another cloud of smoke came up, but something was a bit different this time. Smokescreen huh. This will actually help us though. He thought as he gave the next command. "Kori, use the smoke to get closer." Kori went into the smoke. After showing up on the other side to the surprised opponent, "Now use water pulse." Kori shot out water pulse at the Magcargo landing a direct hit. The opponent took more damage then normal due to the dual type disadvantage and the lowered special defense. The other trainer panicked and tried to have Magcargo use another flamethrower, but it didn't work. "Finish it with another water pulse." Lest said, not missing the chance. Kori threw another water pulse at the Magcargo and knocked it out.

After the battle ended, Lest looked around. It seemed that most everyone else finished up earlier. Looking over, he saw Rowland who seemed to want one of the students to explain something. "I'll try to explain it, if I will be good enough." Lest said as he walked forward.

(Ooc: Sorry if this was long. Just wanted to try it.)

Dusk looked at Summer. She didn't seem as.. Preppy? As yesterday...

"You sure your ok? You look kinda Sad." He said thoughtfully, unaware that she had a sister. His sister was dead so... Yeah.

"Oh, do I? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to look gloomy." Summer sighed. She was happy that she had another person to talk about sisters- as Dusk mentioned that he had one who was evidently a very skilled artist. "Ugh. It's just that Bailey doesn't ever reply to my calls and I've been trying so hard to get her attention. That's why I'm here, trying to get famous so Bailey would be anxious to see me again. You must be so lucky to have a sister who cares for you." Summer said as she removed her hand from her cheek. "Oh well, class will start soon. I've got to lift up my spirits I suppose." She said. Ley nodded her head in agreement.

"Ok." Replied Lest, as he walked up. Even if this is for a demonstration, if it's another battle then it might not be good to have Kori go in. Maybe I should use one of the other two. Lest thought as he got to Rowland while looking towards his belt where two other pokeballs were besides Kori's.

"Yeah.. Well she's not really around anymore." He said reminiscing.
----------------------------------
"Sis?! S-sis are you ok?"
(Dusk)

Siren noises could be heard in the backround.

"Wake up! Please... Don't leave me..."
(Dusk)

"Arceus! She's really pinned."
(PoliceOfficer)

---------------------------------------

Dusk was having a hard time focusing. He had been seeing her a lot more in his dreams. Instead it was His mothers face, His Sisters Face, And now Summers Face. Although this could have been the sleep powder messing with him. 'All becuase of a flimsy styrofoam cup, a couple bad dicesions. She was dead and he was still alive and kicking .' He wrote these down furiously, as he nodded at what Summer said.

Nocturne mimicked Ley playfully in an attempt at humor.

"This may sound cheesy class, but a good bond is key to a strong trainer and Pokemon. I can sense a strong bond between you and your Froslass, Kori, Lest."

Rowland declared,

"Can you share the story with the class of how you and Kori the Froslass met and about your journey together?"...

After returning, Daniel didn't want to go back to the stadium so he landed in front of the dorms, returning Icarus "Why is it so cold in sinnoh.." he said as he kicked snow off his boots and pulling off his Hood. walking in and noticing two trainers down the hall. "Hmm.." he thought to himself as he hid behind a wall, listening to the trainers talk as he ate a snack from his bag

Summer was prep talking to herself when she noticed Dusk suddenly look more than just a small but depressed. "Hey- everything alright? I'm sorry, I how it feels to be away from your sister for so long- I haven't seen Bailey for 13 years. I've talked over the phone with her though." Summer smiled and began to lift her spirits again. She hardly noticed that Dusk was adding things to his lyrics. "Oh yeah, I'm free to practice for that Duet part of your song. I kinda just invited myself, sorry. Hopefully you need that other person because I'm not going to let this drop." She announced, making it clear that this wouldn't be negotiable. Of course, she had to go back into her more snotty mood during the day- because that's how celebrities act right?

"The story of how me and Kori met?" Lest said as he thought back on it. "I don't really think it's much of a story, but I guess I'll tell it."

"I first met Kori when my family went to Snowpoint city for a short vacation when I was smaller and not old enough to start a journey. I had been wandering around just outside of town when I heard a noise coming from behind a bush. Looking over, I had found a snorunt that was injured and was barely able to stand. I rushed over to it and picked it up. It had scratch and claw wounds on it. After seeing this, I rushed it back to the pokemon center in town. After leaving it at the center, I was picked up and taken back to the house for the night. I had learned from my parents that apparently some of the sneasel around the area weren't to friendly to anyone approaching their territory. When I went back the next morning, the snorunt was still asleep but it was getting better. I had decided to stay by it until it recovered. Around noon that day it woke up, confused at where it was. Since it's injuries were still recovering, I had decided to take care of it while we were still in the region. For the next few days, I had gone to see the snorunt and help take care of it. I had even brought it back to where we were staying. When it came time for us to leave, the snorunt had fully recovered. It seems that during those days it had grown attached to me, so when we were leaving the snorunt followed us. It took a little convincing, but my parents allowed me to take her with me. When we had gotten home, it became a more normal everyday. We would play together and for some reason it even joined in when I had to take my various lessens. We got better at battling since my older brother had taken a bulbasaur when he was old enough and my younger brother got a squirtle, so we battled each other on occasion. There's not much else to say after that other then getting a dawn stone one birthday to evolve her."

Lest sighed after telling that story. He didn't really think it was a very interesting thing for others to listen to, and he didn't want to bring up any bad memories for Kori. He felt something cold around his neck and when he looked over, it was Kori with her hands around his neck. She seemed to be in a happy mood.

"I shouldn't eavesdrop.." Daniel thought to himself as he shoved the food in his bag and closed it, putting it on and pulling his Hood up to hide his face. He walked past the two, Nadine on his shoulder and he opened his door before collapsing on his bed and falling asleep

"That's a very, very good story Lest."

Rowland complimented Lest sincerely.

"Lest and Kori have a strong bond, now do you see why it's important in battling to have a strong bond?"

A few students nodded, some others said yes, they seemed to get the general idea,

"Thank you Lest!"

Rowland thanked his student. The bell rang,

"Class dismissed!"

Rowland exclaimed as the students shuffled out of the Battle Stadium,

"Good job Lest and Kori, I'm proud of you two! Lest take Kori to the Pokemon Center, here's a slip from me, your teacher, that explains why you and Kori are late to next class."...

"Okay, thank you." Lest said as he took the note. "Let's go Kori. You may not have taken much damage, but it's still better to get you healed quicker." He said to Kori as they left the stadium and headed towards the pokemon center. Kori still didn't seem to let go of Lest as he walked. "I still think it feels slightly strange that the teachers for our class are around the same age as me, but I guess that just makes things a little more interesting here." Lest said as he walked. Now that I think about it, where did Daniel go? He seemed to have left in the middle of class. Lest thought as he entered the pokemon center.

Rowland and Tove went on to their next class, Pokemon performing. Rowland was very excited, he had never performed with Tove before, and he was looking forward to doing something new with his partner...

Summer was prep talking to herself when she noticed Dusk suddenly look more than just a small but depressed. "Hey- everything alright? I'm sorry, I how it feels to be away from your sister for so long- I haven't seen Bailey for 13 years. I've talked over the phone with her though." Summer smiled and began to lift her spirits again. She hardly noticed that Dusk was adding things to his lyrics. "Oh yeah, I'm free to practice for that Duet part of your song. I kinda just invited myself, sorry. Hopefully you need that other person because I'm not going to let this drop." She announced, making it clear that this wouldn't be negotiable. Of course, she had to go back into her more snotty mood during the day- because that's how celebrities act right?

"Y-yeah! Of course it's still open." He said startled by her sudden aggressiveness. He shook it off.

The teacher told the class to settle down and get to work. It was a sorta work at your own pace class, where you could record, practice or go into the one Studios, that were noise proofed.

"Want to go over there were it's quieter?" He asked cringing at the noise of voice cracks as people warmed up. He still had some of his early covers which where horrible for the most part. But he aknoledged their existence so he could be more humble.

He finished scribbling on the picture of nocturne. He then proceeded to crumple it up and leave it on the desk.

Daniel woke up after an hour "There's still time in the day... I don't really want to teach and I think Rowland can handle it.." he said as he counted the cracks on the wall "want to go wander, Nadine? " He said to the zoroua sleeping on his lap. He left his room with only Grimm's ball with him, leaving the other four in his room and Nadine on his bed

"Aww...that was a good drawing..." Summer complained as she gently took the crumpled peice of paper and put it into her bag. If Dusk didn't want it then she did. The singer then proceeded to where Dusk had suggested they go to practice. Summer had warmed her voice up earlier in the morning, but just in case she hummed up and down a scale or two. The young female stopped her humming and looked at Dusk. "You have the words and stuff right? If not I can help finish them." She offered.

"I was Actaully going to scrap what I had and start over, So if you'd help that'd be great." He said chewing on the end of his glasses. It was a bad habit he had picked up. Normally he wore contacts but he had forgot to put them in this morning and decided to put them on instead. He expirimented with a few keys on the electric piano, that resided in the middle of room. "I mean I've some of my part." He said gears turning in his head.

After wandering for a bit, Daniel decided to sit down outside of a classroom that sounded to have music coming from it. He scrolled blindly through his pokedex as he listened to notes on a keyboard ring out every once in a while

Leaving the pokemon center, Lest and Kori looked at the schedule for the next class. 'Pokemon Evolution study' was written for their next class. "Sorry, but it, might be better if you return to your pokeball for now." Lest said to Kori. Although looking slightly sad, she nodded and was returned.

Arriving at the class, Lest walked in and gave the teacher the note Rowland made before sitting down at a seat by the windows. Since it was still the first few days after classes started, the subject for the day was the most commonly known example of pokemon with different evolutions, Eevee. Giving a slight sigh before looking out the window, Lest hoped the class would end sooner.

"Umm, that chord doesn't sound right. What about this....?" Summer stood on the opposite side of the electric piano and carefully played a chord. The position was weird for her considering her fingers were also slightly touching the sharps, but the sound was still pretty. Summer always loved four stemmed chords rather than the standard three. "I said I would help with lyrics but I legitimately suck at making them up." Summer mentioned as she flushed a small shade of red. Why in the world did she say she could help with lyrics if she can't even rhym correctly? "Oh well. Anything you have so far that you added since yesterday? I can try to build off that." She suggested.

"Yeah. Same goes for me.Thats why I normally just do covers. Until I get a band. Hopefully. I've got a few covers I still want to do, but never really had the time." He said shrugging. He probably sounded so stupid right now changing his mind every five seconds like a 5 year old trying to pick out ice cream flavors.
"What's your favorite kind of music?" He asked out of the blue as he searched his binder for lyrics.

Last edited:
"Shame...I wanted to hear some music " Daniel muttered to himself as he stood up and stretched, having not heard anything but a few chords in the time he was there "I was hoping they'd play something " He talked to himself as he cleaned the dirt off himself and looked inside the window of the door to see who it was that was in there "I've seen them somewhere before.. " he thought as he recognized the two standing around an electric piano

Xavier was angered at the two champions as they ignored his request, which was kind off annoying but he shrugged it off as it only served to make his point.

He began to walk around in search of his next class; Vocals. By the time he arrived everyone was already working. He sighed and grabbed his steel tinted guitar as he walked into one of the sound proof rooms. He sat down on a lone chair and pulled a piece of paper from his bag. He grabbed a pencil and began to write lyrics. After a while he thought that the lyrics were good enough and began to play his guitar while singing.

World's spinn' round
what do I care
World's spinn' round
It's like I'm not even there
World's spinn' round
There's no doubt
World's spinn' round
While I cry out and shout

Oh, why do I even try-y-y
to change the world when I'm just gonna die
Oh and as the days slip by
My pain is only amplified

World's spinn' round
The pain's still here
World's spinn' round
It's like I always hear
World's spinn' round
There's no need to doubt
World's spinn' round
While I cry out and shout

WHY-Y-Y, WHY DO WE EVEN TRY
TO CHANGE THE WORLD WHEN WE'RE JUST GONNA DIE
AND WHEN THE DARKNESS IS NIGH'
What would we do but die?

The darkness, it's closin' in
The darkness, it don't hide its grin
The darkness, says to just give in

But why do we not give in

WHY-Y-Y, WHY DO WE EVEN TRY
TO CHANGE THE WORLD WHEN WE'RE JUST GONNA DIE
AND WHEN THE DARKNESS IS NIGH'

World's spinn' round

The pain's still here
World's spinn' round
It's like I always hear
World's spinn' round
There's no need to doubt
World's spinn' round
While we cry out together and shout

(OOC- yes I wrote that, yes it was grueling to rhyme that much)

Xavier replayed his recording to himself and smiled, for a song he had made in under an hour it was pretty good, just needed more instruments perhaps. He walked out of the room to give the recording to his teacher.

Looking at his notes while the teacher was finishing their explanation, Lest heard the bell ring that signaled the end of class. Now that the class was finished, it was time for a lunch break. There was a cafeteria where students could go to get lunch, but since he had made his lunch already Lest decided to eat outside. Getting up and leaving the room, Lest went outside to find a nice spot.

Looking around, Lest found a spot in the shade under a tree and walked to it. After getting there, he let the three pokemon he had out so that they can eat with him. Kori floated around a bit inspecting the area, shroomish looked around then started staring at a box that Lest had, and the charmeleon stretched since it was finally out. "Okay, it's lunch now so let's eat." Lest said to the three, while taking out the box with the food inside and opening it. All there was were a few simple sandwiches since there wasn't much time to prepare, but they would be enough. "We can each have one, but don't try asking for more right now." He said, warning them. He looked at his pokemon who were eating happily, then turned his attention to the other students who were walking outside.

Dusk was about to say something to Summer as the Bell rang, and he grabbed his Binder, Gesturing for her to follow.

"On the Subject of Sisters... What's your sister like?" He asked unaware of the concequences that might occur from doing this.

Xavier had finished the song he had made and had sent it to his cousin Zephious to test it before the bell rang. He sighed, it was lunch period yet he, the Prince of the Western Isles hadn't made any friends to sit by. He found this weird as anybody back home would swarm over the chance to even have a brief conversation with him. Slightly depressed, he sat outside and released his Kirlia and Honchcrow, grabbed his guitar, and started to play the tune to his new song he had made. He was rather lonely, so he thought the music could keep him company.

Daniel walked to the lunch room, not hungry per se, but to see people. He walked through the rows of tables and the people talking and eating, slightly eaves dropping on each conversation as he passed. He opened the doors to see a boy -presumably around his age- playing on a guitar. He walked over and sat down on a bench nearby, watching a group of Pokemon play as he listened to the guitar

(Is this dead? I honestly hope not. If so, Rip in piece. I'm just gonna do something random so it's not just ooc )
Daniel listened to the guitar, imagining other instruments playing along, composing melodies and rhythms in his head to acompany the acoustic, and gently humming along to the playing,

Xavier got up after playing the tune once more, satisfied that he had tweaked the melody just right. He got up and started the short walk back to the cafeteria, but as he walked back he noticed someone.

"Hey you! What are doing out here, were you listening to me? Wait a second, your that upstart champion that somehow got hired to teach here! I challenge you to a 2v2 Pokémon battle, prove that you deserve both the titles of Champion and Teacher, as well as to get revenge for you listening in on me!"

Sitting up, Daniel looked at the trainer standing above him, studying him, and frowning a bit because he was enjoying the guitar "I don't honestly believe you can beat me with that team you got there, and even if you could, I only have one Pokemon on me" He said as he pulled a pokeball out of his jacket pocket, staring back at the trainer with sleepy eyes and a slight frown "plus I think I've already proven I deserve the champion title, considering I beat my own mother in battle. "

"Excuse me you insolent brat, I don't care if you beat your mother, there is still much that you need to learn such as manners, something that a teacher should know, and also how to keep you pride in check. Do you know who I am? I am Prince Xavier, rightful heir to the throne of the Western Isles! As for the battle, strength does not decide a victory and I'm fine if a one on one, unless you know, your too scared to get destroyed by a Kirlia."

"Brat?" He stands up suddenly pushing Xavier back a bit "You may be a prince back home, but here, you're just another student. Your little Kirlia was probably given to you, and got specially bred to be shiny while denying all the other ralts that weren't perfect enough for your snotty ass " he steps forward, his eyes sharpening focus on Xavier's face "My Pokemon on the other hand Were all raised no matter how imperfect they were. And they were raised so they can be my partners in battle, not some shiny accessory "he releases Grimm from his ball, who stands behind him,eyeing Xavier "I am a Pokemon league champion. A title I rightfully earned, a title that I spent years with my partners training and fighting with them to get where I am. You probably spent all your life in a cushy castle, using bought rare candies to level up that Kirlia "

"Hmph, my point exactly. Put a little bit of resistance in and what do you get? An angry champion that doesn't know how to deal with adversity.

As for Kirlia, first of all, isn't a champion suppose to be considerate of all Pokémon, no matter the circumstance? It seems that you still fail as a champion in this. Second of all, this Kirlia is the child of my parents' Gallade and Gardevoir, so naturally I would have a bond with it. Third of all, you don't know what we have been through, so as a human being it would be polite to ask before making assumptions that are not close to being correct, didn't your mother teach you manners?

As for your clearly misguided views over Kirlia and I, let me explain something. It's not easy being royalty. It's a responsibility that you can't choose for yourself, one that decides your life path without consideration of what you want. You speak of wanting to be a champion, I couldn't be a champion purely because my royalty would hold me back. Do you know what I did everyday with Kirlia? We trained continuously in hopes of competing in the Kanto League for six years and we trained hard! Kirlia here wears a everstone in order to maximize his strength before evolving, I took tutoring from some of the best trainers for five hours everyday, and you know what came from our hard work? Nothing, because we were royalty and we couldn't leave. We were devastated! The only joy we have felt since is when we brought smiles to the common folk everyday when we helped their poor recover and their sick heal. I dare say that after all we have gone through, we at least have become better as a person and Pokémon."

Xavier turned his attention to Kirlia," Our honor is being questioned, if you are ready, I believe it is time."

Kirlia nodded, dropped his everstone, and tapped his dawn stone. Light shined brightly and slowly faded away, showing an elegant Gallade. Now with greater power, he was able to speak telepathically. He coldly spoke," You have questioned my honor and the honor of my trainer, you have acted out of your place and insulted me, a Pokémon, even though Champions are told to respect all. You act out of impulses and insult a student, showing how you are incapable of teaching, no matter how skilled you are. In the end, your impulses and pride are your downfall. Come, and battle us, dare prove our assumptions wrong."

"Fine. We've had our paths. But here they cross, and you wish for a battle to ocurr. I accept " he turns to scizor who returns with a nod "There's no bad Pokemon. Only Bad trainers, kid " he said as he turned and walked back behind scizor "Ready when you are "

Lest looked over after hearing a what sounded like it might be an argument. Kori and Flare, his froslass and charmeleon, were also looking over towards what was happening. It looks like something's happening, but I can't hear everything. Lest thought for a second, then stood up. "Let's get closer and try to see what's going on, but not too close." He said to his pokemon as he started walking towards the people arguing. Kori and Flare nodded and followed along, while shroomish just noticed what was happening and tried to catch up.

After getting closer, he could finally see who was arguing and hear what they were saying. I've never seen that person before, but if I'm hearing this right he seems to be royalty. It also looks like the other one is Daniel. He thought. He then saw the kirlia take off an everstone and evolve with a dawn stone, and Daniel moving to behind his scizor. "It looks like they're going to battle. Let's watch, but stay back so you don't get caught up in the attacks." He said to the three pokemon, warning them. They all nodded and started to step back before getting to a safe distance. Lest looked towards where the two were going to battle, intending to see the outcome of this battle and what comes after.