• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Natures

Which Nature Do You Think Is The Best

• Relaxed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardy

• Hasty

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Impish

• Jolly

• Lax

• Lonley

• Mild

• Timid

• Serious

• Sassy

• Modest

• Naive

• Quiet

• Quirky

• Rash

• Naughty

• Gentle

• Docile

• Bold

• Bashful

• Adamant

• Brave

• Calm

• Careful

• Relaxed

• Hardy

• Hasty

• Impish

• Jolly

• Lax

• Lonley

• Mild

• Timid

• Serious

• Sassy

• Modest

• Naive

• Quiet

• Quirky

• Rash

• Naughty

• Gentle

• Docile

• Bold

• Bashful

• Adamant

• Brave

• Calm

• Careful

• Total voters
(lets hope I got them all down)

Anyways, Since the glorious ruby sapphire and emerald came out, the wonderful 'natures' have been introduced and still after many years of knowing about them I dont completely understand what they mean and how they have an impact on specific pokemon,
I also learnt that a pokemons nature can affect the food they like aswell ...

So battle experts of the world tell me which natures do you think are the best or the worst and us why,

Also those competition obsessed people, which is the best and worst natures for competition pokemon and why,

P.S I dont exactly understand what all the natures mean stat wise so I wont answer this question just yet,

..I think anyone who wants to improve on battling can benefit from this topic because I know I certainly will :D

Well, from the research I've done, natures are a matter of perspective. We all know that, somehow, the natures affect the Pokemon's stats. Some Pokemon need certain natures to enhance stats for battling. I don't understand them either. I know very little, but when I learn some stuff, I'll be sure to post it here ;)

From a competitive battling standpoint, there is no real best nature so I didn't vote in the poll at all. Like Kerauno said, some Pokemon need different natures in order to perform the best they can. I can however say that the neutral natures (Bashful, Serious, Docile, Quirky) are probably the worst because they do nothing for the Pokemon. Every other nature has a use for some reason. Back when I first started battling, I used to think that speed lowering and defense, special defense lowering natures were the worst but I found out that was wrong too.

For example, my Bronzong runs a Sassy (special defense up, speed down) nature because I wanted it to have well rounded defenses and I wanted to make Gyro Ball more powerful so I needed a speed lowering nature. Snorlax can also viably use a Brave (attack up, speed down) nature (I think). Even defense lowering natures have their use on Pokemon that are frail anyway and want to run a mixed set while maintaining speed (i.e. a Naive (speed up, special defense down) Salamence).

Basically the trick to picking the best nature for a Pokemon is knowing what stats you want raised/lowered and knowing what role the Pokemon is playing

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a page on serebii about natures. But I memorized it. Here's a list of likes that boost stats
dry-special attack
spicy-attack
sour-defense
bitter-special defense
sweet-speed

Last edited by a moderator: