• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Vast Riches - [Discussion]

I was thinking maybe the teams meet up so they can discuss where to go to look for treasure or maybe help a bystander or two. Perhaps some people from the team could have heard rumors which is a popular way to learn about potential areas of riches.

Alright, I did some reading, and I have a few questions.

1) Are characters limited to four moves each?

2) Are treasure hunters required to be part of a team, or are they allowed to work freelance/alone within the guild?

3) Would there be any recognized bandit teams, like infamous criminal gangs?

4) If I were to make a character, what kind of occupation would you prefer to see more to counterbalance the others? (I.e. if there are too many treasure hunters, I use a bandit, or if there are too many mercenaries, use a treasure hunter, etc.) This won’t define my character, I just want to know whether or not the character list is skewed.

Alright, I did some reading, and I have a few questions.

1) Are characters limited to four moves each?

2) Are treasure hunters required to be part of a team, or are they allowed to work freelance/alone within the guild?

3) Would there be any recognized bandit teams, like infamous criminal gangs?

4) If I were to make a character, what kind of occupation would you prefer to see more to counterbalance the others? (I.e. if there are too many treasure hunters, I use a bandit, or if there are too many mercenaries, use a treasure hunter, etc.) This won’t define my character, I just want to know whether or not the character list is skewed.

1) Preferably, yes. This is to at least try and balance any strengths and weakness of theirs; Pokemon with four attack moves can only do so much.

2) While I do encourage them to be a part of a team, I have no objections to you working on your own or even starting your very own team.

3) In the future, yes. One main plan I have is a large group of bandits who work for a notoriously powerful bandit who will for now be known as "The Bandit King."

4) It's completely up to you. :)

Nothing interesting's really started, the main thing that's been happening is Team Silver waking up at the Inn, getting breakfast and I plan for them to discuss their ideas on their next Treasure Hunt whether from interesting rumors or go to once popular places with anything valuable inside.

I do have a few arc ideas as well: Hunting for treasure like usual so people get a feeling of the treasure hunting experience.
-Rumors going around that bandits were mining crystals at the crystal forest.
-Stumbling upon a Phantom Crystal and finding where it was used to open the Phantom Vault (Might have it tied in with Adam's mentor).
-Revelation of The Bandit King who plans to raid the Temple of the late Team Diamond.
-And whatever ideas any of you have ♥

And FINALLY put down every possible char being used in the first post of mine.

Well, there hasn't been a lot, yet. Rex's Buizel (Dustin), Cmeriweather's Serperior (Haylee Rose), Red Gallade's Gallade (Adam), and EeviumZ's Riolu (Tiara) are in Loopy Lopunny at a table for four because adventure team.

My Inteleon character (Mib) is in the Loopy Lopunny, waiting for someone to interact with him. He's a merc.

Cmeriweather's Absol (Ezra), a merc, came back from battling a bunch of weak Pokemon Bandits and tried to enter the Loopy Lopunny, but my Piloswine character (Swine) found him and took him to the nurse's office. And my other Salazzle character (Amethyst) followed Ezra from the Bandit Camp she wasn't a part of and is now watching and hiding in the outskirts of the village.

That's a summary.

Alright, that’s works for me. I have the perfect character(s) planned out in my head and I’ll need to expand on them, but it’s late and I’m tired, so I’ll do it tomorrow. But here’a what I have so far.

Treasure hunter: Falinks. Six individual little critters acting as one Pokemon. Essentially one mini-team of treasure hunters, considering that their combined might is still only about that of one powerful Pokemon.

Mercenary: Spinda, and one that has some really good luck when it comes to fighting, despite how amazingly clumsy they are.

Bandit: Honchkrow. Because it’s Honchkrow.

Will fill out character sheets tomorrow.

Hah, no. If anything, she'll use them for her gain and then disappear once she gets too fed up with their rules. She wants to live life carefree, not bound to some arbitrary hierarchy of thievery.

If anyone tries to buy her, she's join for a bit, grow bored and irritated, and leave after doing a few jobs for them. Then she'll sell their secrets in exchange for her people to spare her life.

One of those types, huh? Noted.

I'm worried if I might Mary Sue my idea for The Bandit King; I plan for him to have gotten his title for a reason.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping there will be a few bandit encounters who are loyal to The Bandit King.

Hello! I’m not surprised that I found my way to this rp. There are people here I’ve met, I like this type of Roleplay, and I pretty much only join roleplays that haven’t really started. Anyway, here’s my bio.

Name: Aura
Species:Lucario
Appearance: That of an average Lucario, but taller, standing at 5’01.
Team: None at the moment, will most likely join Silver or Heavy Snow in the near future.
Personality: Usually friendly and social, but can also be distant and quite rarely. He knows how to use his Aura very well, and uses it to his advantage. His is very sympathetic, and can usually understand how other Pokémon are feeling. (Due to his Aura) Likes to joke around, and is usually casual, but he will not hesitate to stand up for himself and others.
Moves: Bone Rush,Extreme Speed,Meteor Mash,Aura Sphere.
Backstory: Nobody really knows his backstory, or why he became a treasure hunter.
Purpose: For Fun, and to make MONEYZ

Last edited:
Applications finished, holding off on the Spinda until another time.

Real quick: Honchkrow are notorious for having a crew of Murkrow at their beck and call. I don't know if you would allow me to NPC that, but if so, then Vander here could have his own official Bandit team called the Honchkrew.

Name: Maz, Cod, Nod, Pod, Zod, and Jod. Collectively known as "Flanks"

Species: Falinks - [TYPE]Fighting[/TYPE]

Gender: Genderless, but they all go by "him" to lessen confusion.

Appearance: A set of six soldiers, like every other Falinks, but their shields are slightly more dinged up from constant conflicts.
250px-870Falinks.png

Personality: Each of the soldiers acts differently than the last.
Maz, the Brass, is a rough-and-tumble head of the bunch. A demanding commander, but a powerful leader.
Cod is Maz's almost-second-in-command. Similar to Maz, but not as rough.
Nod is quiet, usually more aware of his surroundings.
Pod is an aggressive fighter, but is too rambunctious and needs Maz's leadership.
Zod is slightly childish and cowardly, but is able to put up the same fight as the others.
Jod is casual, indifferent, and unattached, but carries out every order with vigor nonetheless.

Team: No current team but themselves

Moves:
No Retreat - [TYPE]Fighting[/TYPE] / Status - Flanks performs a war dance and cry, which prevents them from fleeing combat, but strengthens them slightly in every stat.
Protect - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] / Status - Flanks splits into a defensive rank formation and locks their shields together to form an impenetrable barrier. Often used to defend others as they can cover a broad area with themselves.
Megahorn - [TYPE]Bug[/TYPE] / Physical - Maz's spearhead stretches out as Flanks charges forward with all of its might, slamming forward with tremendous power.
Iron Head - [TYPE]Steel[/TYPE] / Physical - Flanks charges and splits into a V formation, every member slamming into the opponent separately with their armored heads.
Ability: Defiant - If Flanks' stats are reduced in any way, shape, or form, their physical strength will skyrocket in response.

Backstory: Flanks formed from the same mysterious process all other Falinks form from. They banded together with Maz taking the position as Brass, and immediately began training themselves in coordination, power, strategy, and other things in that matter. When they eventually found themselves sufficient enough, Maz decided the best course of action in order to become greater was to go out and fight other Pokemon, so they headed out and decided to become mercenaries, where they could hunt down and defeat outlaws and get paid for it. They grew stronger and more organized with every defeat they suffered, and more confident with every victory.

Eventually, Flanks began to wonder about the various treasure hunters and the guild itself, starting to entertain the thought of exploration rather than just combat. They wondered how many parts of the world they overlooked in their search for bad guys. So, eventually, they joined the treasure hunting craze and became part of the guild, but remained independent as they believed they were already a formulated team of six Pokemon. However, they still worked together with other teams on occasion, and still enjoy tackling down bandits who dare try to steal the riches they gather from their expeditions.

Purpose: Flanks desires to improve themselves through combat, explore the world around them as they had neglected to do previously, serve diligently and return treasure to the guild, and steamroll any criminals in their path.

Name: Vander

Species: Honchkrow - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE]/[TYPE]Flying[/Type]

Appearance: A Honchcrow who's a little larger than usual, at 3'4", and has a much cleaner look to him.
250px-430Honchkrow.png

Personality: Vander is snarky, malicious, and demanding, going out of his way to fight down anyone in order to steal their riches. He has no respect for the right, and believes that the world will never last on peace and order. Thus, the strongest survive, and the richest become richer because they beat the weaker and poorer. Vander cares little for his Murkrow underlings, only demanding that they serve him, or he punishes them severely and without mercy.

Team: Honchkrew

Moves:
Dark Pulse - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] / Special - Vander charges up dark energy and unleashes it in a wave around him at his enemies. May make them flinch.
Night Slash - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] / Physical - Vander strikes at the first opening at his opponents with his claws, with a high likelihood of critical hits.
Nasty Plot - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] / Status - Vander fills his head with bad thoughts and greatly empowers his Special Attack.
Fly - [TYPE]Flying[/TYPE] / Physical - he fli​

Ability: Insomnia - Vander cannot be put to sleep through any method.

Backstory: Vander did not start off on the right foot. Initially stolen away at birth to be made a slave later, Vander's world was only struggle and fighting. He didn't understand that Pokemon could survive if they weren't strong. Thus, he began trying to get stronger than his captors, and he eventually did with the help of an army of Murkrow. Afterwards, however, he took their place and began to do the exact same things his former captors did- everything from enslavement to robbery. He soon learned about the Guild and Treasure Hunters, and, despising them for stealing what riches he could have, as well as being such "goody-two-shoes" and only taking so much, Vander developed a vendetta against any and all treasure hunters. He began having his cronies search out and follow treasure hunters to sites where this treasure was hidden so he could raid them of all of their wealth and ambush the next hunters that came searching for it. Thus, he's become decently well-known as the "Raid Boss", for having taken down multiple teams with his underhanded, cheap, and vengeful tactics.

Purpose: Vander wants everything he can get his wings on. He wants wealth, he wants to defeat treasure hunters and send a message to the guild to stay off his land, and he wants to rule over as much of the world around him as he can, with no desire of mercy.

tem get moneyz for coleg

Last edited:
That'd be for the best, I wanna try and introduce the bandits more after (maybe at the end of) their first treasure hunt.

Name: Cross, The Bandit King
Species: Bisharp
Appearance: Slightly taller than your average Bisharp with a lot of scratches on ever metallic part of his body. He wears a Black fur cloak and wears a strange golden pendant around his neck.
Personality: A perceptive and cruel ruler who commands many of the bandits of the Crooked Mountain with an iron fist. He is mainly seen as calm and serious-leaving no room for jokes and is careful when it comes to the bandits he commands. Despite his "kingship", he is very ambitious and seeks to increase his ever growing wealth so he can use it to create an army strong and vast enough to take over the country. If anyone were to try and betray and/or overthrow him, he wouldn't hesitate to execute them then and there. He also looks down on treasure hunters.
Moves: Throat Chop, Iron Head, Rock Tomb, Thunder Wave
Backstory: (There may be a little more to it, but that'll be discovered within the RP). He was once a Treasure Hunter who couldn't live up to the code thanks to his ambition and greed. When he was exiled, he made his way to the bandit's haven that was the Crooked Mountain and he was immediately given a 'warm welcome' by the other bandits only for them to be killed or crippled. He clawed his way to the highest rank of leadership by killing many of the kingpins there and stealing ever last piece of their wealth until people called him The Bandit King. Some bandits say that despite being a treasure hunter, he was born to be a bandit, a saying he only took so happily.
Purpose: To become the richest man in the world he plans to take over.

Hey, I was wondering if I could join the roleplay? Before I post a bio is there any character that people want specifically or that there are too many of? I am willing to make one that people are looking for if so. I'll be around, so just let me know and I'll post a bio soon.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Name: Serenity
Species: Chingling
Appearance: No different than the average Chingling.
Personality: Serenity is the most excitable and rambunctious young Pokémon you’ll ever meet. She is constantly jumping off walls and always seems to get lost. To make matters worse, she is very naïve and gullible.
Team: Wanting to be in Team Silver
Moves: Wrap, Astonish, Confusion, Disable.
Backstory: Born into a prestigious and wealthy family( they have lots of moneyz) Serenity was entrusted at an early age with a bodyguard who was a Xatu. Ever since, the two have been going on ‘adventures’ of sorts. Serenity has recently wanted to join a team of sorts, and she’s decided on the team that her bodyguard, Quetzal, belongs to.
Purpose?: To just having a smashing time.

Name: Quetzal
Species: Xatu
Appearance: Nothing short of your average Xatu.
Personality: Calm and collected, this Xatu just observes, staring at somewhere very distant for hours on end. He does feel obliged to help Serenity join the team despite her young age. He is very managing and bossy at times, trying to get everyone to act civil and mature.
Team: None
Moves: Calm Mind, Mist, Air Slash, Psychic.
Backstory: He grew up on the quiet side of Ruby Village, having a very average childhood. His father was a well respected figure in his community. He was entrusted with taking care of a Chingling of a very famous family, though the Chingling is always very high energy, creating a strange dynamic between the two.
Purpose?: To live up to his father’s expectations. He may also just want moneyz.

Last edited:
Sounds good, let me know what you think.

Name: Liz
Species: Buizel
Appearance: Just a normal Buizel with a blue bow on her head.
Personality: She is normally relaxed, but cautious when it comes to adventures outside of town or home. She is not shy at all but does not tend to open up to others for no reason. She is also sometimes in a rush and doesn't like to be followed wherever she goes.
Team: N/A
Moves: Aqua Tail, Quick Attack, Agility, Attract
Backstory: Liz came from another town from far away, but just moved to Ruby Village to try to sell her rare items until she runs out and moves on. She is not fond of Guilds due to some of her past that she doesn't talk about, but is still open to talking with everyone. She always seems to be in a rush to go places when she has to be somewhere, maybe because she is too relaxed sometimes.
Purpose?: Escape her past, make a living, protect herself.