• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Vast Riches - [Discussion]

I'm debating whether or not to join this.

But I would like to point out that every Ditto can't transform their eyes and mouth. All Dittos in anime, movies, cards, stuffed merch, Detective Pikachu, and in some games (notably Pokemon Snap) can't transform their eyes and mouth. Plus, depending on the Will of the Ditto, they have a tougher time retaining their form if they ever feel a high amount of emotion (especially where laughing is concerned).

Rex

Resident Furry
Last edited:

Rex

Resident Furry
Hooooookay, starting from the top...

@EeviumZ: I listed Eve under Team Silver rather than Mercenaries because the intention is for her to join them if memory serves, so it's more useful to list her there, albiet as a later addition, so Team Silver doesn't get overbooked.
@EllieBeth: I noticed you'd expressed interest, but at the time of my post you hadn't confirmed you were adding them to the team. They've been reorganized appropriately.
@Sparkling Emolga: My apologies, I misread your application - I missed the bit where you specified it was a secondary character that was going to be a Treasure Hunter, not Clark. This has also been reorganized.

This leaves Dustin unassigned, and it seems Silver is the only team with an open spot?

Name: Swine
Species: Piloswine - [TYPE]Ice[/TYPE][TYPE]Ground[/TYPE]
Appearance: Just your regular ol' female Piloswine, but with sharper tusks and more hair.
Personality: She is very motherly and will take care of any Pokemon as if they were her children. She is also extremely courageous and brave, standing up to even Fire-Type Pokemon that would dare hurt her "children".
Occupation: Daycare and a Nurse, providing bags of ice for wounds. She is now an Adventurer when her services were needed.
Team: Team Heavy Snow
Moves:
  • Ice Fang - [TYPE]Ice[/TYPE] | Physical | Swine's tusks are coated with ice before she jabs them into the opponent. This has a chance of either freezing the target or flinching the target.
  • Ancient Power - [TYPE]Rock[/TYPE] | Special | Swine summons rocks from the ground and slams them into the target. This has a low chance of strengthening Swine's physical durability, physical strength, elemental fortitude, elemental strength, and raising her speed.
  • Earthquake - [TYPE]Ground[/TYPE] | Physical | Swine slams into the ground and creates a wide shockwave around the area, cracking the ground and sending the earth up at anyone who is close enough to the ground.
  • Double-Edge - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Physical | Swine charges and tackles the target recklessly, dealing recoil damage to herself, as well.
Backstory: She was well taken care of as a Swinub, which led to her dislike of violence. Because of a certain even that had happened to her parents when she was a little older, she realized that violence was the last resort on saving someone's life. She worked hard to help other Pokemon after this incident, even going so far as to tank hits while injured Pokemon escaped or allowing Pokemon to ride on her back whilst she took them away.
Purpose?: Help as many Pokemon as she can.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, Team Heavy Snow has:

-Amaris
-Trick
-Lily
-Charlotte
-Swine

And after looking a bit, I think Team Silver was:

-Adam
-Haylee Rose
-Tiara
-Eve (Eventually, but I'm still counting her for the sake of counting her.)

And the rest are evened out as Mercenaries or Bandits. I think the only character without a team is @Rex 's Dustin.

I'll add in a mercenary and a bandit, since I have the time for such things. Where is the doc's place of work in relation to the inn, or should I just wait until you set the scene later in the post? Or do you want me to do that?

Name: Mib
Species: Inteleon - [TYPE]Water[/TYPE]
Appearance: Your regular ol' Inteleon.
Personality: He is quite the charmer, flirting with females and such. Although, he is more like a James Bond kind of Pokemon, but not to the point where he doesn't fraternize with women too much. He is very kind and gentlemanly, but he does love a good beer drinking game, which he's fairly good at. He will only ever go down in price if the cause is right. Otherwise, he will be stringent on his price if anyone wants to buy him for the extra aid.
Team: N/A; will work for a team if they pay him.
Moves:
  • Snipe Shot - [TYPE]Water[/TYPE] | Special | Mib shoots a stream of water from his fingertips at Mach 3, ignoring any moves or Abilities that draw in this move.
  • Mud Shot - [TYPE]Ground[/TYPE] | Special | Mib shoots a stream of mud from his fingertips after coarsing the Ground-Type energy through his finger. This may also lower the target's Speed.
  • Air Slash - [TYPE]Flying[/TYPE] | Special | Mib slashes the air with his tail, creating a blade of air to head towards his opponent. This has a chance to make the target flinch.
  • Attract - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Status | A little heart leaves Mib's eye as he winks at a female. If the heart hits, the female will become charmed and will talk more than normal. He also uses this to play out his player-like fantasies, but that usually gets interrupted right before he asks to take the female to his room, usually with the prospect of a job or whatnot.
Backstory: After being the crybaby of a Sobble, Mib realized he could use those tears as an advantage. He began crying more to infect people with tears and tell him their secrets as they cry. He would also do this to charm the ladies, but that only worked so well. After he began to utilize his other skills, like fighting and talking, instead of his tears, he evolved into Drizzile. He then began mercenary work, taking odd jobs to hunt people down and get back stolen items. He got so good that he evolved into Inteleon. Now, he is an excellent charmer and sniper, especially with his Ability: Sniper.
Purpose?: To catch criminals and help people with their problems... For a price.

Name: Amethyst
Species: Salazzle - [TYPE]Poison[/TYPE][TYPE]Fire[/TYPE]
Appearance: She is a little taller than the average Salazzle, being 5'03".
Personality: She is very alluring, her pheromone mist exuding out of her body almost constantly when she isn't trying to hide. Of course, she can only express this when she's not angry or sad, and the mist only works on males. She is quite the flirtatious Pokemon, having escaped from jails and prisons many times with her charm and mist, until they started to put the genderless or female security guards to make sure she doesn't escape. No, then she escapes another way: by corroding her cell's bars. She will work her charm anyway she can, flirting with almost anything in range. She can be sweet when she wants to, but only if it will help her gain something. Otherwise, she's rude and indecent, yet proper and graceful.
Team: N/A; Works solo
Moves:
  • Foul Play - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE] | Physical | Amethyst uses the physical power of her opponent against them in any way shape and form that suits her needs.
  • Flamethrower - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE] | Special | Amethyst's symbols glow on her belly and she spews flames from her mouth, burning anything in her wake. She may also coat the fire on her body as protection.
  • Sweet Scent - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE] | Status | Amethyst emits a powerful, sweet scent from her body's glands. This strengthens and pushes her seductive pheromones out further to affect more male noses.
  • Sludge Wave - [TYPE]Poison[/TYPE] | Special | Amethyst's body grows purple as an immense wave of poison leaves the front of her body. She can also make this wave encircle her. It has a chance to Poison any Pokemon, due to her Corrosion ability.
Backstory: As a Salandit, she had always been in a life of crime for as long as she could remember. She was taught from a group of male Salandit that in order to get what she wanted, she had to take and not feel sorry for anyone involved. This took her awhile to get used to this way of life, but her succeeding far more better than her male counterparts allowed her to evolve. Because she doesn't need to blend in to a mob of male Salandit, she evolved and grew stronger and her pheromones became very potent (especially so after she learned Sweet Scent). Now, she has stolen from practically anyone imaginable. She has quite the large bounty on her head, but that's because of her breaking and entering, burglary, robbing, escaping police, assaulting the police and random citizens, and breaking out of prison numerous times.
Purpose?: To steal from anyone, including other bandits.