• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Great Exploration RP Thread

The hairs along August's spine stood on end, clearly caught off guard by the interruption. Whether or not any of it was true, he couldn't help feeling a little put off by Donovan's words. 'So, Wigglytuff is being hospitable because he just wants us to vote for him?' he thought. He furrowed his brow. 'Unless that other guy is just blowing out hot air. He doesn't seem much better than his opponent in this 'election' of theirs...'

"Well..." Augustus relaxed, nodding along with the information about the request board in hopes of picking a lighter subject. "What you said earlier sounds good, Wigglytuff. But you also mentioned forming a team... Do you mean all of us will be on an an exploration team together?"

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"Well...you don't have to all be on the same team. We're normally used to teams of around 2 to 4 pokemon each so er...you can split into smaller groups." Wigglytuff explained. "Now I need to go to my office to deal with some business. You guys can wait here and discuss what format for the team or teams you'll be having." Wigglytuff marched into his office and shut the door.

A Dugtrio entered the room with a Diglett as they took several prisoners into a room that was next to Wigglytuff's office. There, Cassandra the Sandgast could be seen as the sand prison, with Luxray inside of her. A Lucario stood next to the prison, protecting it too.

Rogg turned around to the others. "Welp. Guess we make our groups now." He said, noticing an extra strong wave from where that Loud-thing went. How do I drag myself into a team with someone without sounding selfish? He thought. "So, uh, how do we do this?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Razor suggested two solutions to their current Dilemma, "One, we can all be on the same team or two, we can draw our names from a hat and that will determine our teams." He then looked outside of the guild hall and saw the request board. It was full of posters with job requests along with how much each client will pay to get their job accomplished. The Bulbasaur went back inside the guild hall and met his fellow new recruits and asked the three of them, "So how do you want to arrange our teams?"

Salsa shrugged “ Maybe we should be smart about this, we should pair the ones who are strong together “ He took a claw and started writing a little diagram “ Since I’m poison and Rogg is rock then we should be able to get along or I pair with Razor, or to be safe I pair with either August or Prince “ Salsa explained as he gobbled on a apple

He smirked “ We could be on the best team ever! “

"Can't we just all be in the same team and get this over with?" Prince asked. "There's four of us isn't there? 'Tuff said we could have up to four in a group but five isn't too much is it? And what will be our name? It has to be something starting with team...team something..."

Meanwhile, a large cult of Murkrows flew into the market stalls outside. They started to creep up on the merchants and those who lived in the guild. They pecked at whatever leftover pieces of food on the ground they could find.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I vote for being on the same team." Rogg said. "Wait." He counted how many 'mons were here, bobbing his head a bit each time. "Aw, dang. One too many." Rogg felt his antenna-thing droop. "I guess we'll do two and three." How the heck do I insert myself!?!?!? He yelled to himself within his mind. "So... haha, who wants to be with who?"

"Well... If Wigglytuff would be willing to break tradition and allow all five of us to be on the same team, that would be our best bet. There isn't much sense in splitting up when we're all kind of in the same boat here. Though..." Augustus peered over at the rest of the gang thoughtfully. "Even if we do end up having to make one group of three and one pair of two, we can all still go exploring together, I'm sure. As far as I know, there isn't a rule stating that we can't. As for a team name... I don't know. Ideas?"

Last edited:
Salsa crossed his arms “ Friends always stick together,if where friends I’m sure Wigglytuff won’t mind just one more team member “ Salsa hurried to Wigglytuff’s office “ Hey Wigglytuff is it okay if we could have a team of five? “

(Either my computer isn't loading messages, or someone's switching posts around. Is anyone else experiencing this?)

Rogg nodded in Salsa's direction, not sure how to go about this. "Uhhh. Whatever team i'm in, I'm voting for Team Team Team." He said, thinking. I'm horrible at the decisions. " Yeah, maybe we should ask that tall one." Rogg asked, forgetting people don't read minds, and most of his dialouge happens in his mind. At the time of him forgetting this, Salsa had already ran to Wigglytuff. Rogg sighed.

(You're definitely not alone... For some reason, new posts will be delayed in showing up until close to an hour or so after they were made. And then they'll randomly appear after everyone else has already added their replies to the message above it, which throws things off.)

Even Augustus couldn't help but smile, just a tad. "Well, a name like that would be straight and to the point, at least," he teased. "I don't really have many ideas of my own... But I guess I can suggest one thing to you guys: just try to come up with some words that you guys really like, or a word that has a really significant meaning to you or something... One of them would undoubtedly make for an okay team name."

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well a team name that I thought about giving was team Rivershore I mean, rivers flow into oceans and we all met each other on a shore did we not?" Razor suggested as he waited patiently for Wigglytuff to give an answer for them. He also wondered what names his friends came up with. The Bulbasaur looked around and thought about anyone else watching them.

Last edited:

(It's my posts that are delayed because the moderators have to approve my posts each time. This is because of something I did a few weeks ago)
"That's a good name!" Prince exclaimed.

A Rockruff was talking in the loners corner with other pokemon without teams-a Dunsparce and a Teddiursa. Rockruff wandered over to the group of new recruits, nervously.

"What do...you want?" Prince asked.

"You lot are new right? Do you need another team member to balance everything out? I counted more than four of you when you came in...and it's only 4 pokemon per team at the most."

"You're right. We do need to split into two groups."

Suddenly a Spoink bounced into the room. She did not have the pearl or orb that was normally on her head. She started to collapse in front of the group. A Chansey came to hold her up. Prince gasped and knocked on Wiggltuff's door. Wigglytuff came out.

"What's happened here?" Wigglytuff asked. Then he saw the Spoink on the floor. "Oh my! That Spoink is ill. What happened to her?"

"She appears to be in a state...i'm not sure she will recover." The Chansey said to Wigglytuff.

A Grumpig marched in. "I'm that Spoink's uncle. I think you'll find she hasn't got her orb. Spoinks need their orbs they lose their psychic energy. And with Spoinks, that means they become incredibly weak. If we don't find her orb, she will die. Girl, how did you lose your orb?"

"They took it...they stole it..." The Spoink said, weakly.

"Who?" Wigglytuff asked

"Murkrows...they were saying that they thought it to be expensive and that they could sell it..."

"Who were they taking it to?"

"They said it was the King...the King of Thieves..."

"The King of Thieves? We've encountered him many times! He's known for stealing many pokemon's expensive items! He normally kills the pokemon he has stolen from. Looks like he's got his goons this time. This is terrible!" Wiggltuff shouted.

"I saw the Murkrow...fly off in the direction of the desert."

"So he's lurking in the Great Desert? Finally we have a location. We didn't know where the Murkrows were coming from until now. We need a team to go into the Great Desert to find him and retrieve that orb before Spoink dies. But we haven't got any teams available. They're all lost in the dungeons on other missions!" Wigglytuff exclaimed.

"What about us?" Prince asked.

"But you guys haven't completed the training...FINE!!!" Wigglytuff roared. He paced back and forwards. "You can do this for your training mission. But all of you must go together for this first mission. If you split up, it may be too dangerous."

Rogg's eye-hole opened wide. "Right now?" He asked. That spoink seemed really sick, so he guesses they'll have to go right away. "Where..... is it? The desert?" Rogg was tired. "Well, i guess rock belong in the desert. I dunno though." He said, nervously. King of Theives? Uhg, this is alot to take in.

Salsa was nervous about this, but he knew he could do this! “ Come on guys we need save that spoink, what if it was us? “

Salsa put his hands out “ Team Rivershore? “

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Razor extended his vine to put it as if it were a hand. "Team Rivershore is good for now, we can change it later." He felt obligated to help this Spoink due to the fact that he couldn't just leave the Spoink to die.

Augustus couldn't help but sigh. This was a large task for a group of ragtags that had only been recognized as an exploration team for a few minutes. But he supposed that they couldn't let the unfortunate Spoink and her uncle down, either, and that helping them was now the team's responsibility. If she died now, it would undoubtedly haunt August for the rest of his life. He looked at his partners.

"Team... Rivershore," he conceded, adding his paw to the circle of hands.

"Team!" Rogg yelled, mind going blank for a second. "Uh, Rivershore!" he concluded, and wondered when they will be setting off. Looking back at the spoink, he saw that they were very pale. Aw geez. Hope we get going soon.

Em raced down to the shore, her black eyes shimmering like stars in the night.
“It’s so nice all the time!” She squeaked as she set herself down at the edge of the water. Sparks flew from her cheeks.

Luke the Chimchar woke up as he heard the Loudred shout. He walked into the room, only to see his friend Spoink, without her pearl, collapsed on the ground.

He watched as the team assembled, then went up to Wigglytuff and Grumpig. "What's wrong with Spoink?" he asked them. He was eager to help her in any way possible. He had never let a friend down before, and he certainly didn't want to let Spoink down.

Em heard a shout from the Guild. She blinked, then slowly started to where the shout had come from. Nervously sparks flickered from her cheeks and disappeared to the ground.