• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! Team Haisha! (Discussion)

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
realistically you need to be very careful when lifting an unconscious person. You always wanna be aware of where their head and arms are. Hence the reason why Saba folded El Libre's arms on on his stomach ,and placed his head on Saba's shoulder. Don't want him getting any neck damage on the way up the stairs.
I'll bear that in mind and let Saba lead the way with the lifting.
I never actually made great detail of the house itself. I did desccribe what parts of the house are what ,but as far as windows are concerned. If you guys wanna describe a window in the house somewhere or in your room or something go ahead. As for the revert time part I'm okay with that. I am curious in how the stone thrown at a window would work. A loud noise like that would gain attention from the others. I'll accept the idea just fine ,but I don't think it would go unnoticed.
Tux's intention was to break in, whether it was stealthily or not. She would realise that going through a window was the only option. She's naturally fast and can slip through rooms without being noticed, being a pokemon heavily adapted for the night, so the noise would probably attract people to the window, but as a good hider, she could last long hiding in one spot without being noticed, using the broken window as a distraction so that she could get to another room.

I had imagined the house to have a least a good bunch of windows. Whilst we have a number of dark type and ghost type pokemon who would do better without sunlight, for the majority having sunlight go through the windows each day would be important, would it not? And having something which could be opened and closed to allow air through would help the building? Otherwise it would probably be pretty stuffy in the house! I'm thinking Tux enters through a higher up window, she's quite acrobatic so she'd be able to jump up or climb well, like real cats do.

If you want I've described Faust's room as having a window, and they're still in bed since I thought it'd probably be redundant if they woke up to help carry. Idk if having Tux break in with a person right there is what you want, but it is an option!

Yeah that could work! Can Shedinja hear well normally? Tux getting caught be Faust could work because she couldn't see him coming expecting a more corporeal pokemon if you know what i'm saying. He could easily creep up behind her and catch her out, Tux thinking the room was empty but it was not. How's that sound?

Yeah that could work! Can Shedinja hear well normally? Tux getting caught be Faust could work because she couldn't see him coming expecting a more corporeal pokemon if you know what i'm saying. He could easily creep up behind her and catch her out, Tux thinking the room was empty but it was not. How's that sound?
That's cool with me! Shedinja is a bug type and I already mentioned they don't have as well-developed smell as the mammal-like Pokemon, so I think they wouldn't be able to hear sound very well either, hence why they slept through the whole racket. They would wake up if someone came in the room, though.

I like to believe the house has a mix of both areas without windows and with areas to have the best of both worlds. If you wanna sit in the living room ,but don't want the light glaring in your eyeballs? cool. Just sit on the other side of the room. Its darker over there. Don't want the sunrise to burn your retinas as you sleep peacefully? Cool! Just don't have a window in your room ,or have your bed facing away from the window. Its your choice to have windows in your room or not. alternatively curtains can be a thing so you can have best of both world.

There should be a few windows on the ground floor ,and obviously there are no purpose in having a window in the basement. Maybe one window in the basement for kicks and giggles. (you just see dirt) cause its a basement. and I don't think its built on a cliffs edge.

alternatively Lucia could open the window? If she has her heart set on breaking it I won't stop her of course.

Helios.

I like to believe the house has a mix of both areas without windows and with areas to have the best of both worlds. If you wanna sit in the living room ,but don't want the light glaring in your eyeballs? cool. Just sit on the other side of the room. Its darker over there. Don't want the sunrise to burn your retinas as you sleep peacefully? Cool! Just don't have a window in your room ,or have your bed facing away from the window. Its your choice to have windows in your room or not. alternatively curtains can be a thing so you can have best of both world.

There should be a few windows on the ground floor ,and obviously there are no purpose in having a window in the basement. Maybe one window in the basement for kicks and giggles. (you just see dirt) cause its a basement. and I don't think its built on a cliffs edge.

alternatively Lucia could open the window? If she has her heart set on breaking it I won't stop her of course.
That could be good for cave Pokémon who aren't very sociable!

I've already had her throw the rock towards the window in the rp. Should I edit that post or should I say that her rock toss failed and then she somehow works out she can just open it? What would she use to open it? She's not that strong to lift it open?

That could be good for cave Pokémon who aren't very sociable!

The basement is also like a training area as well as a place for storage.. possibly even a hang out area for cave dwellers?

I've already had her throw the rock towards the window in the rp. Should I edit that post or should I say that her rock toss failed and then she somehow works out she can just open it? What would she use to open it? She's not that strong to lift it open
Nah its fine. Just another broken window in the guild hall.

Helios.

ah... I need to read better as I must have overlooked that part.
I didn't write directly what floor she was climbing up to. I intended it to be towards the window where Faust's room specifically is, at the back.

NotaViollinist has written posts confirming this window should be where Faust's room is.

I do remember seeing Faust make the post about the window in 'their' room. I assumed you might have forgotten all rooms were upstairs ,but my suspicion was wrong.

I do have one last question, should Saba or anyone else have been able to hear the sound. I would assume yes since he is upstairs ,but I anted to get confirmation before Saba walks in confused wondering why he heard a loud noise.

Helios.

I do have one last question, should Saba or anyone else have been able to hear the sound. I would assume yes since he is upstairs ,but I anted to get confirmation before Saba walks in confused wondering why he heard a loud noise.
I think that should be up to each person as to whether or not their character would be able to hear it. Different Pokémon can hear better than others. For instance, Loudred have fairly large ears, whereas there are some pokemon like Nidoran who have small ears, heck some Pokémon are stated to have barely any kind of ear for hearing. Definitely those who were in Faust's room could hear it and just outside of that but beyond that it would sound like some faint smashing sound, like someone broke a vase in someone's room.

I think that should be up to each person as to whether or not their character would be able to hear it. Different Pokémon can hear better than others. For instance, Loudred have fairly large ears, whereas there are some pokemon like Nidoran who have small ears, heck some Pokémon are stated to have barely any kind of ear for hearing. Definitely those who were in Faust's room could hear it and just outside of that but beyond that it would sound like some faint smashing sound, like someone broke a vase in someone's room.
Dude have you seen Nidoran their ear-to-body ratio is huuuuge! XD

Helios.

...How does one make a clay golem capable of hearing?
Exactly. Golurk are very robotic. My best guess is that they are like inanimate objects though the ground typing and the fact Golurk are used to creating tremors could be an indication that it uses vibrations to pick up things. Just a guess though. It could have ear canals in its body though.

...How does one make a clay golem capable of hearing?
Exactly. Golurk are very robotic. My best guess is that they are like inanimate objects though the ground typing and the fact Golurk are used to creating tremors could be an indication that it uses vibrations to pick up things. Just a guess though. It could have ear canals in its body though.

use magic? give it airpod pros? wish upon a falling star that your golem gains hearing? pokémon logic I guess. alternatively plot is a pretty powerful force to reckon with.

Helios.

@RisingGarchomps, I hope this doesn't sound like i'm rushing you. Take your time of course. I was curious though if you were going to have Lucia come out of hiding or if they stop someone in the room.
I was waiting for a response from you, to be honest.

Faust twitched at the scream and quickly sent out a Will-o-Wisp to illuminate the room. "We know you're there," they said into the empty air. "You picked the wrong house to break into." When no one came out, they sighed. "Listen, we have a big day tomorrow. If you come out now, we'll let you go, right?" They glanced over to Saba for backup.

See, here Faust is waiting for a response from Saba. Tux is right behind the cupboard and she's waiting for an opportunity for the two of them to walk away or be distracted talking.

I assumed that. My bad. I didn't post because I was trying to avoid making an overly small post. I'll try make a post in. Hopefully one not too short.

Oh crap.

My notifications have died again.

I got notifs from this thread, but this time I thought the RP thread died.

Oh boy.

Sorry lol, hope I didn’t miss anything too big XD

No worries. Your here now and that's what matters.

Helios.

I'm trying to speed it up with Tux's capture. Hopefully the others will catch on to where she is. We can probably do your timeskip after that.

Mhm ,and in the timeskip Saba will give out the badges and grab two missions that came with the mail.

Edit: would it be okay if Saba saw Lucia? If that's okay with you I can edit my post. If not then that's fine too.

Last edited:

Helios.

Mhm ,and in the timeskip Saba will give out the badges and grab two missions that came with the mail.

Edit: would it be okay if Saba saw Lucia? If that's okay with you I can edit my post. If not then that's fine too.
I intended for this dilemma to go fast, so sure. I was hoping one of you would anyway.

Species: Doduo
Name: Joe & Moe
Defining features: One of the heads (Moe) is blind. He lost his eyes in an electrical accident
Personality: They like to ease people's pain, both mental and physical. Moe, even though he doesn't have eyes, likes to massage other Pokemon as he has a knack for finding knots in sore muscles. Moe is also very goof at giving advice and has a calming voice. Joe is more of the tough type, he sticks up for Moe and makes sure he doesn't have anything wrong with him. Together they are perfect for rescuing other Pokemon.
Three defining Skills: Mental fortitude, team work, speed
Personality flaw(s): They are antisocial, and since Moe can't see he can be shy.
Defining skill flaw(s): As Moe can't see, he relies on Joe to know where he is.
Why did you really join?: To help save those in need, and to show people that even those with disabilities can help.
Moveset: Acupressure, Roost, Peck, Double Hit, Safeguard, Protect, Quick Attack, Agility
Backstory: Joe and Moe were raised in a Pokemon Lab on Poketopia Island. They were bred specifically to help arriving trainers carry their bags and other object (like a concierge). One fateful day, a power plant local to the Lab exploded sending a powerful surge through the Island. This caused Moe to lose both of his eyes and they both suffered minor burns. The burns healed, but Moe's vision was lost forever. They hid on a boat that eventually led them to Team Haisha.

Last edited:
Species: Doduo
Name: Joe & Moe
Defining features: One of the heads (Moe) is blind. He lost his eyes in an electrical accident
Personality: They like to ease people's pain, both mental and physical. Moe, even though he doesn't have eyes, likes to massage other Pokemon as he has a knack for finding knots in sore muscles. Moe is also very goof at giving advice and has a calming voice. Joe is more of the tough type, he sticks up for Moe and makes sure he doesn't have anything wrong with him. Together they are perfect for rescuing other Pokemon.
Three defining Skills: Mental fortitude, team work, speed
Personality flaw(s): They are antisocial, and since Moe can't see he can be shy.
Defining skill flaw(s): As Moe can't see, he relies on Joe to know where he is.
Why did you really join?: To help save those in need, and to show people that even those with disabilities can help.
Moveset: Acupressure, Roost, Peck, Double Hit, Safeguard, Protect, Quick Attack, Agility
Backstory: Joe and Moe were raised in a Pokemon Lab on Poketopia Island. They were bred specifically to help arriving trainers carry their bags and other object (like a concierge). One fateful day, a power plant local to the Lab exploded sending a powerful surge through the Island. This caused Moe to lose both of his eyes and they both suffered minor burns. The burns healed, but Moe's vision was lost forever. They hid on a boat that eventually led them to Team Haisha.

Thanks for being patient with me. Glad to have you. Take your time making your first post however can you make a post whenever convenient? again take your time of course. I bring this up because were about to make the time skip soon. (he can meet the others at the guild's house)

Heres a list of the updated teams.

One team could end up going to the nearby forest to deal with some mankey ,and their leader a primape named Crush. A brute of a pokémon. These guys would be likely harassing travellers and other mon unfortunate enough to cross their path.

Clad, Louis, Kuze, Faust, Elliot, Lucia ,and Joe/Moe

The others could be in the city facing alolan meowth ,and their leader alolan Persian named Roxie. A greedy pokemon. These guys would be likely forcing shop owners to pay protection fees.

Saba, Ayla, Fang, Yamato,Sheepish, Daemon ,and Tony.

For future missions because the numbers of people we have im going to split the team in three groups. I'm going to stop accepting new members for now ,and make this RP private. I'f people start dropping the RP I will allow more members ,and switch it back to open.

Edit: @Pineco 1790 The snack Saba was planning on getting is a quarts stone. I'm not sure what that would smell like or if Moe or Joe would smell it? SInce its a jewel ,and not actual food. Saba is a sableye and they like to eat jewels cause they are weird. You can still ask for food if you want.

Last edited:

Helios.

I've come up with a template for a mission brief about the healing herb mission I invented. Let me know what you think of it and whether or not it could fit into the current RP:

Mission: Retrieve the 'Healing Herb' !
Brief: El Libre the famous wrestler Hawlucha was found paralysed from head to toe. He was carried to a bed where we managed to heal the part that goes down from his head to his upper body. But he can't get out or move, he is still paralysed in the legs. Luckily, he's spoken to us about a special 'healing herb' which was used back in the day to instantly heal wrestlers from their paralysing injuries. The herb is rarely found now but El Libre believes it can be found in a nearby woods or forest. We don't know what it looks like so we're going to have to test each plant we find.

Details of the Mission: Arrive at the nearest woods and continue picking as many plants as you can for samples until you find one which heals wounds. Be careful of the dangerous bug grass and poison type Pokémon. As you get further into the woods, you might find more fairy poison psychic and dark types. Be careful! The further you get in the harder it is to get out of this winding maze. It also appears a small cartel operate in the woods the deeper you go. They appear to be illegally smuggling a certain type of plant out of the woods to their allies across the peninsula. This must be it!

Boss Pokémon: (I've had several ideas for this). The leader of this localised cartel.

One could be an Exeggutor leading a group of Exeggcute who puts Pokemon to sleep using hypnosis. The herb is revealed to be one of the leaves in the Exeggutor's head.

A more interesting idea could be a Shiinotic and a group of Morelul OR it could be a Parasect and a group of Paras. Similar to the Exeggutor idea, these pokemon could be putting other enemy Pokémon to sleep using the powerful toxins within mushrooms on their back and found in the forest. The revelation could be that the 'healing herb' is NOT a leaf or herb but a dangerous mushroom.

Another idea could be a Gloom or Vileplume and a large horde of Oddish who leave dangerous pools of acid for the group to follow.

It could be a Venusaur or Ivysaur. The team have to defeat this gigantic boss before picking the petals out of its back, which together are the herb.

I got most o the time skip post written ,but I wanna get one last detail squared away, @RisingGarchomps, Would you like to skip the Primape mission in the woods for your mission? Since this is the first mission the villain should more than likely be ivysaur. Funny enough maybe the ivysaur only attacks them because he's angry ,and is just in a bad mood. After the fight ends a venasaur reveals himself/herself ,and allows them to take a few petals from the plants there if they promise to be respectful. Thoughts?

The primape mission was just a hastily thought up mission so I have no problems pushing it back some. I may need to put more detail into the Persian mission.

As for the venasaur thing feel free to disregard anything I said about Hawlucha's mission. If venasaur if you want venasuar to be the evil leader that's your call. I'm going to let you decide how this mission goes since its your mission.

My thoughts how the other mission will go. In the alolan persian mission Its not like the leader is going to straight up reveal himself to them so early on. The shopkeepers are gonna be too nervous to speak about the Alolan Persian Gang so they will pretend to not know what that is. They could be persuaded to give clues. Maybe you can eavesdrop on a conversation or hide and try catch some alolan meowths in the act. Persian will likely remain hidden but if they disrupt enough of his activity persian will be forced to confront them.

Thoughts anyone??

Last edited:

Helios.

I got most o the time skip post written ,but I wanna get one last detail squared away, @RisingGarchomps, Would you like to skip the Primape mission in the woods for your mission? Since this is the first mission the villain should more than likely be ivysaur. Funny enough maybe the ivysaur only attacks them because he's angry ,and is just in a bad mood. After the fight ends a venasaur reveals himself/herself ,and allows them to take a few petals from the plants there if they promise to be respectful. Thoughts?

The primape mission was just a hastily thought up mission so I have no problems pushing it back some. I may need to put more detail into the Persian mission.

As for the venasaur thing feel free to disregard anything I said about Hawlucha's mission. If venasaur if you want venasuar to be the evil leader that's your call. I'm going to let you decide how this mission goes since its your mission.

My thoughts how the other mission will go. In the alolan persian mission Its not like the leader is going to straight up reveal himself to them so early on. The shopkeepers are gonna be too nervous to speak about the Alolan Persian Gang so they will pretend to not know what that is. They could be persuaded to give clues. Maybe you can eavesdrop on a conversation or hide and try catch some alolan meowths in the act. Persian will likely remain hidden but if they disrupt enough of his activity persian will be forced to confront them.

Thoughts anyone??
Sounds good, but what in particular draws you to the Venusaur/Ivysaur idea since its at the bottom of the list of ideas I wrote?

The Primeape mission and the Persian mission both involve two stage lines. I thought that it would fit with this 'early game' type stage in the missions to have another two stage line like the Exeggcute line or the Morelul line to fit the difficulty level.

Flavour wise and to make it more interesting, I also thought the Morelul and Paras line could work as their mushrooms are like drugs that they are trafficking and so the team would actually be getting rid of bad pokemon's schemes by beating them. The mushroom could serve as a good twist instead of the 'herb' idea El Libre had. After all, he's probably in his 60s or 70s so has forgotten what it actually is, as old people are often forgetful, or he could just be wrong. Thinking about it, a Parasect would be perfect difficulty wise.

What do you think?

Sounds good, but what in particular draws you to the Venusaur/Ivysaur idea since its at the bottom of the list of ideas I wrote?

I like venasaur. When I played the original pokemon blue game bulbasaur was my first choice. Not lying it really was... Funny enough really all those pokemon could have been the boss. Alternatively they could still see those pokemon on their way to the woods. If you would rather see shiinotic or vileplume lead the group that's still your call. I like venasaur and ivysaur cause what pokemon better to defend plants with petals than pokemon with petals? For that same reason vileplume is an amazing choice. If you want my true answer deep down it was just a random pick.

Flavour wise and to make it more interesting, I also thought the Morelul and Paras line could work as their mushrooms are like drugs that they are trafficking and so the team would actually be getting rid of bad pokemon's schemes by beating them. The mushroom could serve as a good twist instead of the 'herb' idea El Libre had. After all, he's probably in his 60s or 70s so has forgotten what it actually is, as old people are often forgetful, or he could just be wrong. Thinking about it, a Parasect would be perfect difficulty wise.

Okay... I'm convinced. Morelull and a shiinotic is a way better option than ivysaur/venasaur. Great explanation. I like this. Obviously when they reach the jungle they are gonna have to find the heart of the jungle which is where the herbs are right? whatever they are trying to get. The mushrooms. Since they are so valuable Shiinotic will try so safeguard them. Shiinotic might be nice and give them some of the mushrooms after realizing their intentions are good. For RP purposes this will likely be after the fight. Since this is your mission you have the honor of controlling the morelull and shiinotic. Like I've said earlier. This is you can control the antagonists any way you want. This is just me having fun thinking of ideas.

Helios.

I like venasaur. When I played the original pokemon blue game bulbasaur was my first choice. Not lying it really was... Funny enough really all those pokemon could have been the boss. Alternatively they could still see those pokemon on their way to the woods. If you would rather see shiinotic or vileplume lead the group that's still your call. I like venasaur and ivysaur cause what pokemon better to defend plants with petals than pokemon with petals? For that same reason vileplume is an amazing choice. If you want my true answer deep down it was just a random pick.

Okay... I'm convinced. Morelull and a shiinotic is a way better option than ivysaur/venasaur. Great explanation. I like this. Obviously when they reach the jungle they are gonna have to find the heart of the jungle which is where the herbs are right? whatever they are trying to get. The mushrooms. Since they are so valuable Shiinotic will try so safeguard them. Shiinotic might be nice and give them some of the mushrooms after realizing their intentions are good. For RP purposes this will likely be after the fight. Since this is your mission you have the honor of controlling the morelull and shiinotic. Like I've said earlier. This is you can control the antagonists any way you want. This is just me having fun thinking of ideas.
Thanks! I think that with their fairy typing they may have a secret good side and that Haisha may want to make them into useful allies!

Prehaps Bulbasaur could act as servants to the Shiinotic?

I'm looking forward, hopefully, to seeing if other people will make their own missions!

Thanks! I think that with their fairy typing they may have a secret good side and that Haisha may want to make them into useful allies!

Prehaps Bulbasaur could act as servants to the Shiinotic?

I'm looking forward, hopefully, to seeing if other people will make their own missions!
Alright cool! I'll keep this in mind as I write my timeskip post.

I'll go ahead and go ahead and say I'm perfectly fine if anyone else wants to make future missions. If you do decide to make a mission you will control the antagonists. Try to come up with a neat story. You will also need to have a client pokémon that assigned the quest. Aside from that stuff your free to use whatever creativity you like.