• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! Team Haisha! (Discussion)

Honestly im kinda lost, so i need a brief summary for where i'm up, plus i've been busy with the fam. We in a tough spot so...
Do you mean like where you are in the RP?

Your currently by the front door. You could always say you walked inside ,and talk to someone.

When Lucia ,and Ayla are introduced to the team I'll give everyone some time to finish whatever conversations they are having before skipping to the next morning. Which will be them getting their badges ,and splitting into two groups for their first mission.

I wanna point out no rush of course.

One team could end up going to the nearby forest to deal with some mankey ,and their leader a primape named Crush. A brute of a pokémon. These guys would be likely harassing travellers and other mon unfortunate enough to cross their path.

Clad, Louis, Kuze, Faust, Elliot ,and Lucia.

The others could be in the city facing alolan meowth ,and their leader alolan Persian named Roxie. A greedy pokemon. These guys would be likely forcing shop owners to pay protection fees.

Saba, Ayla, Fang, Yamato,Sheepish ,and Daemon

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
Honestly im kinda lost, so i need a brief summary for where i'm up, plus i've been busy with the fam. We in a tough spot so...
My character, Daemon the Morgrem, went up to your character and asked about Saba the Sableye, waving one of the recruitment posters in their face. He then seemingly barged towards the front to try and talk to Saba.

Meanwhile, in the house, jobs started to be dealt out. However, not everyone has signed their names down.

We are still waiting for 2-4 characters to sign up. My other character, Tux, has not appeared at the house yet and is physically lost herself.

Helios.

Sure! Would it be okay if Saba knew of her arrival or should it be a mystery to him too?
I'm not sure how he would be alerted to her since she's on the edge of the jungle and presumably he doesn't know everyone who's coming, these are all volunteers. She'd probably have to write some sort of letter and hand it to a Pokémon that can fly. Her original plans were to appear on the night everyone else came. Her coming later makes sense as Daemon might not notice her. He might be out on a job or awaken later if she's coming late at night or early in the morning.

Species: Charjabug
Name: Tony
Defining features: Has a blue star on his back as a birthmark.
Personality: A shy, quiet bug who can be scared of large crowds and prefers to be alone in his house. As expected, due to this he doesn't have many friends and the few he does have are just as introverted as he is so they don't meet up much.
Three defining Skills: Suprisingly fast, can generate up to 700W of energy, a bit of a nerd.
Personality flaw(s): Introverted and shy, so he wont hang around teams much.
Defining skill flaw(s): Weak due to low training, will have problems among big crowds.
Why did you really join?: He and his parents decided that he needed to work on his social skills, so after some searching for teams the small team known as Team Haisha seemed like a good place to send Charjabug for a while, to help both his team and himself in terms of social situations.
Moveset: Thunder Wave, Electroweb, Spark, String Shot
Backstory: Tony used to be your average kid who had a few friends and loved to hang out with them, and life was going pretty smoothly. However, once he began getting older his grades we're getting worse, as his parents got more and more strict on him resulting in some parental issues later down the line. To avoid the harsh punishments of his parents he began to study heavily in order to keep his grades well and his parents happy, however as a result he became introverted and rarely hung out with his friends, losing most of them and having to find new, introverted friends so he didn't lack too much social skills. After a while his parents noticed that he was very exhausted every day from all the studying he did and decided to give him a break by letting him go to Team Haisha so he could work on his social skills again and so he could get a bit of a break from his harsh overworking of himself.

- A small note, im not the best with characters so the big backstory was to try and make up for it, hope this is ok to join in with. Also his name is a reference to the latin word of thunder.

- Also, any suggestions on how to join in?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how he would be alerted to her since she's on the edge of the jungle and presumably he doesn't know everyone who's coming, these are all volunteers. She'd probably have to write some sort of letter and hand it to a Pokémon that can fly. Her original plans were to appear on the night everyone else came. Her coming later makes sense as Daemon might not notice her. He might be out on a job or awaken later if she's coming late at night or early in the morning.

So she comes in and just claims a room? I'm a little confused at so what you mean? She can come whichever time you please. If Daemon is already on his mission then its likely the other team is on their mission which means Lucia would have to meet up with them after the time skip. How do you want this to go down?

I'm a simpleton so I get confused pretty easily... I got the attention span of a slowbro...

Species: Charjabug
Name: Tony
Defining features: Has a blue star on his back as a birthmark.
Personality: A shy, quiet bug who can be scared of large crowds and prefers to be alone in his house. As expected, due to this he doesn't have many friends and the few he does have are just as introverted as he is so they don't meet up much.
Three defining Skills: Suprisingly fast, can generate up to 700W of energy, a bit of a nerd.
Personality flaw(s): Introverted and shy, so he wont hang around teams much.
Defining skill flaw(s): Weak due to low training, will have problems among big crowds.
Why did you really join?: He and his parents decided that he needed to work on his social skills, so after some searching for teams the small team known as Team Haisha seemed like a good place to send Charjabug for a while, to help both his team and himself in terms of social situations.
Moveset: Thunder Wave, Electroweb, Spark, String Shot
Backstory: Tony used to be your average kid who had a few friends and loved to hang out with them, and life was going pretty smoothly. However, once he began getting older his grades we're getting worse, as his parents got more and more strict on him resulting in some parental issues later down the line. To avoid the harsh punishments of his parents he began to study heavily in order to keep his grades well and his parents happy, however as a result he became introverted and rarely hung out with his friends, losing most of them and having to find new, introverted friends so he didn't lack too much social skills. After a while his parents noticed that he was very exhausted every day from all the studying he did and decided to give him a break by letting him go to Team Haisha so he could work on his social skills again and so he could get a bit of a break from his harsh overworking of himself.

- A small note, im not the best with characters so the big backstory was to try and make up for it, hope this is ok to join in with. Also his name is a reference to the latin word of thunder.

- Also, any suggestions on how to join in?
Sure! accepted. Your backstory is fine. and cool name. Its neat seeing Latin used.

Helios.

So she comes in and just claims a room? I'm a little confused at so what you mean? She can come whichever time you please. If Daemon is already on his mission then its likely the other team is on their mission which means Lucia would have to meet up with them after the time skip. How do you want this to go down?

I'm a simpleton so I get confused pretty easily... I got the attention span of a slowbro...
I think I want Lucia ('Tux') to arrive at the Haisha building during the cover of night. Prehaps she tries to enter a different way since the door would be locked presumably and then get accused of trying to break in like a robber. when she goes for the windows. This could be a good way to introduce the character and create tensions for the plot.

It's either that or El Libre the Hawlucha literally carries her in and then El Libre becomes some sort of NPC who interacts with the teams. This could work because then when the team is in trouble, he could step in to help on missions or defend the building at night. I'm considering making him a fully fledged character since I've got his backstory already and he seems to interesting to me. Once he arrives at the house, he could become an NPC and then from there other people could control him. He could be the 'wise' one who informs everyone about what is best and what is not so best to do, as well as being some much needed muscle backbone should the team be in an emergency.

I'm planning on making a time skipping soon. Probably tomorrow.

@BizzleMizzle If your still not sure what kinda post to make you can always have your character show up at the house. I'll wait till you get our character settled into the HQ before time skipping.

Are everyone okay with the time skip?

I think I want Lucia ('Tux') to arrive at the Haisha building during the cover of night. Prehaps she tries to enter a different way since the door would be locked presumably and then get accused of trying to break in like a robber. when she goes for the windows. This could be a good way to introduce the character and create tensions for the plot.

It's either that or El Libre the Hawlucha literally carries her in and then El Libre becomes some sort of NPC who interacts with the teams. This could work because then when the team is in trouble, he could step in to help on missions or defend the building at night. I'm considering making him a fully fledged character since I've got his backstory already and he seems to interesting to me. Once he arrives at the house, he could become an NPC and then from there other people could control him. He could be the 'wise' one who informs everyone about what is best and what is not so best to do, as well as being some much needed muscle backbone should the team be in an emergency.

Since Lucia is planning on arriving at midnight The time skip will be to midnight so she can arrive at the HQ. After that it will be morning ,and the characters will be off on their quests.

Heres the Teams for tomorrow in case you forgotten who's on which team.

One team could end up going to the nearby forest to deal with some mankey ,and their leader a primape named Crush. A brute of a pokémon. These guys would be likely harassing travellers and other mon unfortunate enough to cross their path.

The others could be in the city facing alolan meowth ,and their leader alolan Persian named Roxie. A greedy pokemon. These guys would be likely forcing shop owners to pay protection fees.

Saba, Ayla, Fang, Yamato,Sheepish, Daemon ,and Tony.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Doop de doop de doop
My notifs turned to poop
The discussion thread
I thought was dead
But now I’m back on loop

Lol, little of my terrible limerick skills for ya there. I’m also up for a timeskip, sorry if I haven’t been active XD

Helios.

I'm planning on making a time skipping soon. Probably tomorrow.

@BizzleMizzle If your still not sure what kinda post to make you can always have your character show up at the house. I'll wait till you get our character settled into the HQ before time skipping.

Are everyone okay with the time skip?

Since Lucia is planning on arriving at midnight The time skip will be to midnight so she can arrive at the HQ. After that it will be morning ,and the characters will be off on their quests.

Heres the Teams for tomorrow in case you forgotten who's on which team.

Saba, Ayla, Fang, Yamato,Sheepish, Daemon ,and Tony.
What are your thoughts on my other idea of El Libre the Hawlucha not entirely abandoning her and becoming an NPC who guards the house and can be controlled by all?
Doop de doop de doop
My notifs turned to poop
The discussion thread
I thought was dead
But now I’m back on loop

Lol, little of my terrible limerick skills for ya there. I’m also up for a timeskip, sorry if I haven’t been active XD
Coincidently, I haven't been getting notifications on certain threads I've watched, including the first post of another rp.

Saba has. Accepted way too many people in his home to say no to somebody now.

Edit:
Almost forgotten to mention, before they can go on their missions Saba will need to give everyone their badges ,and you know... give the missions out cause they don't know what to do if he doesn't get the missions off the bulletin board right?

Also who wants to defeat the bosses? We got plenty of time to think this through. I believe everyone should be given an opportunity to give the defeating blow to atleast one boss if the RP lives that long.

Last edited:

Helios.

Edit:
Almost forgotten to mention, before they can go on their missions Saba will need to give everyone their badges ,and you know... give the missions out cause they don't know what to do if he doesn't get the missions off the bulletin board right?

Also who wants to defeat the bosses? We got plenty of time to think this through. I believe everyone should be given an opportunity to give the defeating blow to atleast one boss if the RP lives that long.

I think that my characters should take a backseat mainly for the majority of bosses and only provide themselves for support. They’ve had so much airtime and plot stuff already. It’s time for new Pokemon to rise.

As for the plot hole regarding El Libre getting in but not Tux, I think that can be explained by El Libre almost fainting. After near passing out he is critically injured and cannot fight talk or walk. He is paralysed and needs bedding almost immediately. If he has any conscious left he’s forgotten about Tux before the time skip.

Is it okay to have him start off as an NPC who is wounded who Saba and the others could care for?

This prospect does give me an idea. Perhaps a side mission later down the road could be to get special healing herbs for medicines to help him? We could invent an area guarded by hostile Pokemon which has them, even throwing in a boss if we want? As a reward, after
the mission, El Libre could become an NPC character (as stated earlier) who any of you guys could control!

How’s that sound?

Edit:

If Faust ends up defeating a boss it would likely be through damage by Will-o-Wisp or a distant attack like Shadow Sneak. Definitely not something that happens all the time like some of the other powerhouse Pokemon.

As for the plot hole regarding El Libre getting in but not Tux, I think that can be explained by El Libre almost fainting. After near passing out he is critically injured and cannot fight talk or walk. He is paralysed and needs bedding almost immediately. If he has any conscious left he’s forgotten about Tux before the time skip.
Saba would probably freak out if a pokémon broke into the guild ,and throw small objects like an oran berry or a rock ,or anything small he can throw before realizing the pokémon he's throwing stuff at is exhausted and tired already.

Which part of the house is El Libre in? Did he come in through the window?

Is it okay to have him start off as an NPC who is wounded who Saba and the others could care for?

Sure!

This prospect does give me an idea. Perhaps a side mission later down the road could be to get special healing herbs for medicines to help him? We could invent an area guarded by hostile Pokemon which has them, even throwing in a boss if we want? As a reward, after
the mission, El Libre could become an NPC character (as stated earlier) who any of you guys could control!

How’s that sound?

Sounds great! I like it!

If Faust ends up defeating a boss
It'll happen at some point. Could be this boss. Could be the next. Who knows? Would you like to claim your boss?

it would likely be through damage by Will-o-Wisp or a distant attack like Shadow Sneak. Definitely not something that happens all the time like some of the other powerhouse Pokemon.

Shadow sneak is a physical attack. Shadow sneak is basically the same thing as dig except shadow sneak does ghost damage. also your hiding within shadows ,and not dirt. Same concept though. Shedinja actually have pretty decent physical attack so shadow sneak would actually be a really good idea.

Last edited:
Shadow sneak is a physical attack. Shadow sneak is basically the same thing as dig except shadow sneak does ghost damage. also your hiding within shadows ,and not dirt. Same concept though. Shedinja actually have pretty decent physical attack so shadow sneak would actually be a really good idea.
In Mystery Dungeon doesn't Shadow Sneak hit from 2 tiles away? I could be wrong, I haven't played in a while. I get that it's physical, though.

In Mystery Dungeon doesn't Shadow Sneak hit from 2 tiles away? I could be wrong, I haven't played in a while. I get that it's physical, though.
Yes actaully.

When I made that comment I wasn't trying to put down your idea or anything merely pointing out that it wasn't a special attack.

The fact that it strikes an extra tile away makes shadow sneak a great physical attack for pokémon that don't want to stand next to their opponent while attacking. Shadow sneak from an RP perspective can be used all sorts of ways too which is why I taught Saba shadow sneak.

If you like melee physical up close and personal fighting you could use shadow sneak to close the gap between you and a sniper. or maybe you are the ranged fighter ,and you use shadow sneak to land a blow ,and sneak back within the shadows again as you try gain some distance between you and your opponent. Or just use it to sneak away or something.

Helios.

Saba would probably freak out if a pokémon broke into the guild ,and throw small objects like an oran berry or a rock ,or anything small he can throw before realizing the pokémon he's throwing stuff at is exhausted and tired already.

Which part of the house is El Libre in? Did he come in through the window?
El Libre was probably helped to go through the main door before it was shut for the night. He dropped Tux before this, left her behind the hideout to avoid the embarrassment. He has completely forgotten about her and is partially unconscious.

Tux is currently trying to 'break' in, not for malicious reasons or anything. She tried to throw a stone at a window. Waiting for a response as to whether or not the building would be that easy to get in.

Don't get me wrong, but wasn't that Phantom Force? I thought Shadow Sneak had less turns and was a priority move?

El Libre was probably helped to go through the main door before it was shut for the night. He dropped Tux before this, left her behind the hideout to avoid the embarrassment. He has completely forgotten about her and is partially unconscious.

Tux is currently trying to 'break' in, not for malicious reasons or anything. She tried to throw a stone at a window. Waiting for a response as to whether or not the building would be that easy to get in.

Alright cool. I'll think of something to respond to him with.

Don't get me wrong, but wasn't that Phantom Force? I thought Shadow Sneak had less turns and was a priority move?

...Aaaaagghh... Just googled it. It is shadow force. Sadly sableye can't learn that move so the move I thought he had knew wasn't the same... ah well... I still like to think shadow sneak means becoming one with the shadows even if attacks the same turn its used.

Helios.

...Aaaaagghh... Just googled it. It is shadow force. Sadly sableye can't learn that move so the move I thought he had knew wasn't the same... ah well... I still like to think shadow sneak means becoming one with the shadows even if attacks the same turn its used.
Shadow force? Hmmm I see what's going on here. I knew I was also getting mixed up. I've just looked it up. Shadow Force is Giratina's signature move and is 120 base power. Phantom Force, which has a similar name and EXTREMELY similar effects is a 90 base power move! Why are they so similar?

Shadow Sneak in comparison is a 40 base power and does not normally waste up a turn in the games, being +1 priority. Sableye CAN learn this!

EDIT: In addition, Shedinja can learn BOTH Shadow Sneak AND Phantom Force.

Shadow force? Hmmm I see what's going on here. I knew I was also getting mixed up. I've just looked it up. Shadow Force is Giratina's signature move and is 120 base power. Phantom Force, which has a similar name and EXTREMELY similar effects is a 90 base power move! Why are they so similar?

Shadow Sneak in comparison is a 40 base power and does not normally waste up a turn in the games, being +1 priority. Sableye CAN learn this!

EDIT: In addition, Shedinja can learn BOTH Shadow Sneak AND Phantom Force.
Well now I feel even stupider. I spelled shadow force by mistake not aware that shadow force and phantom force are two different moves.

Helios.

Well now I feel even stupider. I spelled shadow force by mistake not aware that shadow force and phantom force are two different moves.
It's okay! I'm in the same position: I learnt something new today! I had no idea Shadow force and Phantom force were actually the names of two separate moves...looks like the last time GF used Shadow Force was in generation 4 when they were trying to make Giratina special. It appears they've forgotten about it.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
This issue is Generic
My notifs were caught by static
Night you have no rythme
Were you having a brain spasm?
Add some colour to your lines
While I go commit some crimes
Where are we at?
My notifs were high on crack

(My shitty lyrics)

Helios.

Species: Rockruff

Name
: Yamato

: The same age as fang, but a couple minutes older

Defining features
(Example; scar or birthmark): He has a scars on both sides of his body that resemble claw marks.

Personality
: Unlike his sister, he is very laid back and he doesn't really take much seriously. He is really open, being a moron most times when first meeting someone. He likes to be a beacon of hope, being optimistic and sometimes lying to himself in the worst situations. Most times he will be laid back, to the point where he barely works hard. But involve his sister and he will go beyond 110%. Luckily he shares the same fighting spirit as his sister. For him, getting stronger is basic training, if he trained like his sister he would be strong enough to take on pokemon leagues above him.

Three defining Skills
:
He was born naturally skilled
He is very strong willed
He is very strategical
One of the rare things he has in common with his sister, is they both have amazing speed. But he takes it a step further with strength

Personality flaw(s)
:
He is a moron
He can often be too laid back
If he makes a mistake he often rains on himself like bricks.
He often bottles everything in, before letting it all out in one massive bulk. Be it hate or grief

Defining skill flaw(s)
:
Because he is naturally skilled he barely trains or works hard
Because he relies on speed and strength, he normally lacks in the defence department.
If you hurt his sister he will target you above all else often going against what everyone says.

Why did you really join?
: He wanted to join a team that would accept both of them, not just him for his skill or just Fang for the amount of work she puts into working hard.

Moveset
: crunch, double team, iron tail, stone edge, rock tomb, quick attack, scary face, endure, counter, rock blast ( the moves in bold he will learn if he evolves, when he does he will lose Iron Tail and rock tomb)

Backstory
: He had a normal family life, a loving family, he had a sibling and they all looked after each other. The weird thing about them? Well Yamato was born naturally skilled, like this kid was a natural often easily picking up new skills. However his sister was not so lucky, she had to work a lot harder just to keep up with him. Their relationship was often black and white, they were either at each other's throats or loving each other. When they came to age, they were allowed to go explore the world. Being new to the whole living on your own, they easily got lost, ran out of food and water and Yamato managed to get badly injured in battle. During this time they came across Haisha, unlike most guilds this place allowed them both to join.

Yeah.

Helios.

Same here. It's hard to describe physically lifting someone.

Are there any windows on the back of the building? I'm trying to get Tux inside of the building during the night skip. I've rewound a bit to just before when El Libre gets lifted upstairs. Is it okay for Tux to throw a stone at and break one of the windows on the back of the building just before you do the skip?

And carrying one man isn't entirely a full group effort, especially with how big the group is already.

We can still assume all who were awake during the moving of El Libre managed to pitch in anyways.

realistically you need to be very careful when lifting an unconscious person. You always wanna be aware of where their head and arms are. Hence the reason why Saba folded El Libre's arms on on his stomach ,and placed his head on Saba's shoulder. Don't want him getting any neck damage on the way up the stairs.

Are there any windows on the back of the building? I'm trying to get Tux inside of the building during the night skip. I've rewound a bit to just before when El Libre gets lifted upstairs. Is it okay for Tux to throw a stone at and break one of the windows on the back of the building just before you do the skip?

I never actually made great detail of the house itself. I did desccribe what parts of the house are what ,but as far as windows are concerned. If you guys wanna describe a window in the house somewhere or in your room or something go ahead. As for the revert time part I'm okay with that. I am curious in how the stone thrown at a window would work. A loud noise like that would gain attention from the others. I'll accept the idea just fine ,but I don't think it would go unnoticed.

If you want I've described Faust's room as having a window, and they're still in bed since I thought it'd probably be redundant if they woke up to help carry. Idk if having Tux break in with a person right there is what you want, but it is an option!