• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! Team Haisha! (Discussion)

Since a couple people have two characters that will likely stick together, maybe groups of 4 and 5 would work better with getting everyone to interact? And if one other person joins we could have them join the group of 4? Also I was thinking about making a villain character if that's cool.

Since a couple people have two characters that will likely stick together, maybe groups of 4 and 5 would work better with getting everyone to interact? And if one other person joins we could have them join the group of 4?
That could work. I still wanna see what the others think of this.

Also I was thinking about making a villain character if that's cool.
Sure. I have no problem with you making a future villain.

If anyone else has future villain ideas, cool! Let me know!

Species: Elgyem | Cerebral Pokémon
Name: Elliot
Defining features: He has a light layering of bandages around the top of his head, both of his arms, chest, and left foot from a fight not so long ago that he does not want to talk about. He is usually seen carrying around a silk satchel that stores his personal belongings and a few other items.
Personality: Elliot is usually quiet, and tries to keep his cool when around others so as to not let his hotheaded behavior get the better of him. He tends to take things too literally, and is not as open as the average Pokémon may be when it comes to communication, tactics, planning, alliance attacks, and whatever else a guild would have in their daily activities. He is not as used to working and talking to others at the moment, due to something in his backstory greatly attributing to that.
Three defining Skills:
- Adept Catcher: Catches thrown items more easily, and can keep, or throw the item back.
- Supporter: More effective with buffing itself and its team with positive stat increases from its moves.
- Observant: Senses hidden treasure, traps, and monster rooms more easily.
Personality flaw(s):
- Reserved: Does not communicate as much, alliance attacks may be ineffective.
- Brooder: Does not let the past go, often looks more at the negative side of things on other Pokémon.
- Skeptical: Untrusting and wary of others, friendships and other positive relations build slower, and fall quicker.
- Literalist: Takes everything with many handfuls of literacy.
- Stubborn: Does not change as easily when attempting to align with other views and ideals.
Defining skill flaw(s):
- Poor Constitution: More susceptible to the risks of trauma, status conditions, and diseases.
- Deserter: More likely to flee and attempt to escape from the dungeon if low on health, or being unable to defeat a Pokémon especially when the rest of the team has fainted.
- Evo-stasis: Unable to evolve due to being exposed to the everstone's wonderous energy for too long.
Why did you really join?: Elliot joined the team because he didn't want to be with the other big teams after being abandoned by his previous team not too long ago. He wanted to join the easiest team he could find since he could not work under the radar, much to his disappointment.
Moveset: Psychic, Psybeam, Recover, Teleport, Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard, Disable.
Backstory: An Elgyem that had a normal, quiet life in his past, Elliot was trained primarily by his father. He mostly did chores around the house and garden, along with other minor tasks until his father wanted him to explore the world for himself. He reluctantly agreed, and had set off to find a rescue team after being unable to go alone into the dungeons after learning the hard way. He eventually found a rescue team to work with, though it seemed as if they had not established their name yet due to time not being as much on their side for the moment. A long discussion, and several missions and requests later, Elliot did not have much to write home about on what would be ultimately known as Team Neolight. However, one day, things did not seem to be the usual oddly enough. It was just the Elgyem with a Buizel and a Zoroark. The Zoroark made an illusion to conceal their getaway from the dungeon with the Buizel, leaving the Elgyem trapped in a dreadful room filled with many other Pokémon. Elliot would attempt to fight off as many of the Pokémon as he could, wondering why his team was not doing anything. After discovering that the realistic-looking figures were just mere dummies the moment a Chandelure attempted to attack it with a Flamethrower, Elliot decided to flee by teleporting away to another section of the floor. He decided to escape from dungeon after finding no signs of his team anywhere throughout the entirety of the floor. Elliot's injuries were hastily treated by a nurse after returning to the town with hidden tears. He promptly abandoned Team Neolight without a word to anyone. To this day, he does not want anything having to do with his former rescue team. And so after a good moment, Elliot discovered Team Haisha upon a brief search when he needed to quickly get back into the workforce.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Do trainers exist in this world, since I was thinking of a reason why Yamato couldn't go to the pokemon centre and one of the reasons I came up with was that him and Fang don't have trainers.

Do trainers exist in this world, since I was thinking of a reason why Yamato couldn't go to the pokemon centre and one of the reasons I came up with was that him and Fang don't have trainers.

Good question. Humans do not exist in the mystery dungeon games. They do ,but they don't. In most games the he protagonist is a human turned pokémon. While they are technically humans they are physically pokémon.

I left that human part out because having some pokémon being former humans would make things complicated. In the games you also fought legendary pokémon ,but I think that's against pokécharms rules. So that won't happen either.

Hows this going down? Are they gonna ask a blissey to visit them and heal the rockruff or will they take the rockruff to blissey?

It doesn't have to be blissey. I'm just using that pokémon as an example. Thoughts?

I guess that would work. Didn't cross my mind. Luckily Saba asked Clad if he could take rockruff upstairs. In Saba's next post he will run into the kitchen and get some oran berries.

I was about to make a post how Louis goes to try and help; maybe he goes to help Saba?

Edit: Was meant to say Saba, forgot Clad was doing something else.

Some funny interactions thats for sure. I guess that's up to the individual RPers on how they will want to respond. I also wonder. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Also because Louis is an informal guy, he'll likely pick up on referring to Saba as "Boss."

Edit: I'll make another post later; give others a chance who haven't posted to respond to the situation.

Last edited:

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
Hopefully, it's not too late for me to join.

Character 1:

Species: Morgrem
Name: Daemon
Defining features: Scar above his right eye, bloody zig-zag cut on his chest.
Personality: He seems friendly on the outside to those who see him and, can come off as shy. Ultimately, he hides his true self from most people...
Three defining Skills: He appears to be good at survival and foraging, he's sneaky as stealthy, at the same time he seems strong enough in his attacks on his own, yet thrives when he is in a group. He's also quite cunning and intelligent.
Personality flaw(s): He is untrustworthy, as he is always planning something in secret. He always ends up betraying those who have strong bonds with him.
Defining skill flaw(s): He's not the strongest in the world and his logic can always be countered if he comes across someone more intelligent than him.
Why did you really join?: Daemon wants to manipulate the group so that they can do what he commands. It's all part of his scheme to take over the world, though he hasn't told anyone apart from a select few about that. He saw the flyers as a new job for himself. He recognised the Sableye on the flyer and so he tells everyone the real reason he was there was because he thought he recognised the Sableye on the flyer. He thought he was another Sableye who normally wears sunglasses and so his cover story is that he 'accidently' joined the group to gain access to 'his friend' but now fights 'for justice'.
Moveset: (I am not sure how many moves I should put on) False Surrender, Fake Out, Fake Tears, Play rough, Foul Play, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Shadow Claw, Thief
Backstory: Daemon originally joined a mafia like organisation of crooks bent on taking over the world for themselves, led by villainous pokemon such as Gengar and Honchkrow as their Kingpins. Daemon, under another name, rose to power as part of a Conclave of Impidimp in the woods who served him loyally and so had great influence within this evil organisation but made himself secretive in what he did and so not many people knew there was even a Morgrem with as much power as he did. He DID have a Sableye friend who wore sunglasses who he uses as a coverstory and does not tell many people about that. A number of years later after rising to the top, the organisation collapsed and left a massive chasm in which only several teams remained. Daemon, as he went by, left his homelands, through the deserts and into the current location of Team Haisha after getting a brilliant ingenious idea when he received a flyer. He hopes to manipulate them one day after rising to the top but first he will have to get into Sableye's good books.

I have a second character i'd like to submit which is less fleshed out but could be linked to Daemon's backstory.

Character 2:

Species: Purrloin
Name: Lucia, codename 'Tux', the two name thing will be explained later.
Defining features: Scars all around her face, a woolly like tuxedo thing on her chest apparently made from Mareep and Wooloo wool.
Personality: She talks even less than Daemon and is far less cocky. She doesn't let her feelings known, instead choosing to make sounds. This makes her difficult to read.
Three defining Skills: Stealth, Speed, Climbing skills.
Personality flaw(s): She's very needy if she's in a group and so does not work well if people are looking after her. Instead, she'll choose to work on her own. She often steals things from people.
Defining skill flaw(s): She doesn't work well in a group and can be uncompromising and hardly speaks what she is intending to do.
Why did you really join?: She's honestly looking for a place to stay and people who will actually be nice to her.
Moveset: Sand attack, fury swipes, night slash, play rough, hone claws, assurance, thief, attract
Backstory: She came from the same crooked army of thieves Daemon came from. It was an organisation designed to rob people of their needs. Her family were all exploited by them. She came to Haisha for a fresh start after they destroyed her home and killed her parents. Luckily, it collapsed. Despite this, she was on her own in the wilderness for several years. She was a member of a town once years ago but she was kicked out when she stole all the food and jewels in the area. She's a known thief but only because she wants more and was deprived as a young cat. Her real name is Lucia but her codename is 'Tux', a name adopted by the organisation when they saw the pattern on her chest. She briefly became a businesswoman for a few months before she accidently scammed her customers. Daemon is someone she knows from her past and for some reason he knows every little detail about her and uses it against her to exploit the young Purrloin.

Hopefully, you allow us to have two characters, as I have an idea for a great dynamic between these two Pokémon. Daemon is intended to not just be a villain but hidden out of sight, whereas Tux will be depicted as something different, appearing like a villain but misinformed and not really one and the lies and deception will be down to Daemon. Daemon isn't intended to be the villain at the start, since we already have a good amount already judging by some of the characters, but someone villainous later on in the RP.

Last edited:
Hopefully, it's not too late for me to join.

Character 1:

Species: Morgrem
Name: Daemon
Defining features: Scar above his right eye, bloody zig-zag cut on his chest.
Personality: He seems friendly on the outside to those who see him and, can come off as shy. Ultimately, he hides his true self from most people...
Three defining Skills: He appears to be good at survival and foraging, he's sneaky as stealthy, at the same time he seems strong enough in his attacks on his own, yet thrives when he is in a group. He's also quite cunning and intelligent.
Personality flaw(s): He is untrustworthy, as he is always planning something in secret. He always ends up betraying those who have strong bonds with him.
Defining skill flaw(s): He's not the strongest in the world and his logic can always be countered if he comes across someone more intelligent than him.
Why did you really join?: Daemon wants to manipulate the group so that they can do what he commands. It's all part of his scheme to take over the world, though he hasn't told anyone apart from a select few about that. He saw the flyers as a new job for himself. He recognised the Sableye on the flyer and so he tells everyone the real reason he was there was because he thought he recognised the Sableye on the flyer. He thought he was another Sableye who normally wears sunglasses and so his cover story is that he 'accidently' joined the group to gain access to 'his friend' but now fights 'for justice'.
Moveset: (I am not sure how many moves I should put on) False Surrender, Fake Out, Fake Tears, Play rough, Foul Play, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, Shadow Claw, Thief
Backstory: Daemon originally joined a mafia like organisation of crooks bent on taking over the world for themselves, led by villainous pokemon such as Gengar and Honchkrow as their Kingpins. Daemon, under another name, rose to power as part of a Conclave of Impidimp in the woods who served him loyally and so had great influence within this evil organisation but made himself secretive in what he did and so not many people knew there was even a Morgrem with as much power as he did. He DID have a Sableye friend who wore sunglasses who he uses as a coverstory and does not tell many people about that. A number of years later after rising to the top, the organisation collapsed and left a massive chasm in which only several teams remained. Daemon, as he went by, left his homelands, through the deserts and into the current location of Team Haisha after getting a brilliant ingenious idea when he received a flyer. He hopes to manipulate them one day after rising to the top but first he will have to get into Sableye's good books.

I have a second character i'd like to submit which is less fleshed out but could be linked to Daemon's backstory.

Character 2:

Species: Purrloin
Name: Lucia, codename 'Tux', the two name thing will be explained later.
Defining features: Scars all around her face, a woolly like tuxedo thing on her chest apparently made from Mareep and Wooloo wool.
Personality: She talks even less than Daemon and is far less cocky. She doesn't let her feelings known, instead choosing to make sounds. This makes her difficult to read.
Three defining Skills: Stealth, Speed, Climbing skills.
Personality flaw(s): She's very needy if she's in a group and so does not work well if people are looking after her. Instead, she'll choose to work on her own. She often steals things from people.
Defining skill flaw(s): She doesn't work well in a group and can be uncompromising and hardly speaks what she is intending to do.
Why did you really join?: She's honestly looking for a place to stay and people who will actually be nice to her.
Moveset: Sand attack, fury swipes, night slash, play rough, hone claws, assurance, thief, attract
Backstory: She came from the same crooked army of thieves Daemon came from. It was an organisation designed to rob people of their needs. Her family were all exploited by them. She came to Haisha for a fresh start after they destroyed her home and killed her parents. Luckily, it collapsed. Despite this, she was on her own in the wilderness for several years. She was a member of a town once years ago but she was kicked out when she stole all the food and jewels in the area. She's a known thief but only because she wants more and was deprived as a young cat. Her real name is Lucia but her codename is 'Tux', a name adopted by the organisation when they saw the pattern on her chest. She briefly became a businesswoman for a few months before she accidently scammed her customers. Daemon is someone she knows from her past and for some reason he knows every little detail about her and uses it against her to exploit the young Purrloin.

Hopefully, you allow us to have two characters, as I have an idea for a great dynamic between these two Pokémon. Daemon is intended to not just be a villain but hidden out of sight, whereas Tux will be depicted as something different, appearing like a villain but misinformed and not really one and the lies and deception will be down to Daemon. Daemon isn't intended to be the villain at the start, since we already have a good amount already judging by some of the characters, but someone villainous later on in the RP.

I've been debating for a few minutes whether or not I should allow two protagonist guild members, but for now I'll reluctantly allow it. I hope that didn't come out as mean.

I do wanna clear out a little confusion before I accept. (I'll accept afterwards of course)

Obviously Daemon/Lucia arn't villain from the get go ,but Daemon does intend to become one later.

The part I'm confused on. I'm assuming Lucia/Tux intends to become good. Atone for her misdeeds, correct?

And what of Daemon? Does he continue to be evil afterwards?

Helios.

I've been debating for a few minutes whether or not I should allow two protagonist guild members, but for now I'll reluctantly allow it. I hope that didn't come out as mean.

I do wanna clear out a little confusion before I accept. (I'll accept afterwards of course)

Obviously Daemon/Lucia arn't villain from the get go ,but Daemon does intend to become one later.

The part I'm confused on. I'm assuming Lucia/Tux intends to become good. Atone for her misdeeds, correct?

And what of Daemon? Does he continue to be evil afterwards?
The idea with Tux is that if she does bad things, she WILL atone later on when she's been spoken to. Ever since she was young she has had a lack of material things and so feels the need to steal once in a while. She doesn't steal EVERYTHING and it's normally within reason. She could end up as the most loyal and caring member of Haisha but it depends on what sorts of impressions she gets from people around her.

That's where Daemon comes in. Daemon and Tux have a shared history and so could leak either's real intentions out to the rest of the group. Tux's intentions are more sincere. She just wants to survive. Whereas, Daemon wants to survive by exploiting other Pokémon. Daemon has the advantage in the relationship as he was superior to her when they met during their days in their organisation (I forgot to say she once worked for him). In addition, Daemon just comes off as more superior in every way and is very assertive when he talks to her and so stops her from leaking some of his secrets whilst being able to threaten her with her own. I wish for them to be introduced separately, in different teams if that's possible, and then interact with shock later down the line when they find each other.

Daemon will not be abhorrently 'evil' but instead act with negative action. He will seek for approval only to advance his further career. We probably won't see his ascension as 'mob boss' because of the other characters, but also because Tux will be encouraged by other pokemon to speak up more and act more herself.

Haven’t been getting notifications for this thread is there anything I’ve missed?
The RP is up. I even dropped tags. Sorry to hear.

The idea with Tux is that if she does bad things, she WILL atone later on when she's been spoken to. Ever since she was young she has had a lack of material things and so feels the need to steal once in a while. She doesn't steal EVERYTHING and it's normally within reason. She could end up as the most loyal and caring member of Haisha but it depends on what sorts of impressions she gets from people around her.

That's where Daemon comes in. Daemon and Tux have a shared history and so could leak either's real intentions out to the rest of the group. Tux's intentions are more sincere. She just wants to survive. Whereas, Daemon wants to survive by exploiting other Pokémon. Daemon has the advantage in the relationship as he was superior to her when they met during their days in their organisation (I forgot to say she once worked for him). In addition, Daemon just comes off as more superior in every way and is very assertive when he talks to her and so stops her from leaking some of his secrets whilst being able to threaten her with her own. I wish for them to be introduced separately, in different teams if that's possible, and then interact with shock later down the line when they find each other.

Daemon will not be abhorrently 'evil' but instead act with negative action. He will seek for approval only to advance his further career. We probably won't see his ascension as 'mob boss' because of the other characters, but also because Tux will be encouraged by other pokemon to speak up more and act more herself.

So they'll act as if they don't know each other? Cool. Daemon could make a neat future antagonist, and Tux will be a Redemption character? Sounds cool.

Both accepted.

Helios.

So they'll act as if they don't know each other? Cool. Daemon could make a neat future antagonist, and Tux will be a Redemption character? Sounds cool.

Both accepted.
Yep, that's what I'm going for, and thank you!

I'm also trying to work out what the best way to introduce my character should be? What teams should Daemon and Tux be involved with?

I must’ve probably missed one post, and then didn’t get any motifs. It’s happened before in other threads.

I’ll get an introduction post up soon, what would the best way to introduce my character?
Yep, that's what I'm going for, and thank you!

I'm also trying to work out what the best way to introduce my character should be? What teams should Daemon and Tux be involved with?

Saba tossed out 100 letters, some were nailed to posts, some were tossed into the wind to blow wherever the wind carries them ,and some were even slid under doorways. Perhaps Saba handed your character a flyer. I'll let you decide how your character discovers Team Haisha.

As for teams If nobody has any partner preferences I'll assign teams tomorrow. For future references these teams are temporary of course as doing such allows the characters to interact with different members. If anyone has any team members they wanna go with feel free to let me know.

@Night's Shadow @Schrift007, I'm assuming the rockruff duo will want to go together?

@RisingGarchomps, I believe you said you wanted Daemon and Tux of seperate teams correct? There will be two teams. One will go on one team and the other will go on the second team. .

Helios.

I've written my first post introducing Daemon, but I haven't introduced Tux yet. I will most likely make a separate post after another person posts introducing her as she will need some explaining herself. I'm aware there is some kind of queue developing outside the house.

Helios.

Before I post i'm curious, are Daemon and Sheepish at the same door ,or is one of them at the back door?
@BegalBitez @RisingGarchomps
I was thinking that Daemon was approaching the door, so not actually physically at the door but queuing up behind the previous person, which should be Sheepish or the last person, right?

Either way, he's gonna wait until there's no one talking to Saba.

EDIT: I've just done Lucia's entry into the RP. She's currently on her way and will appear after Daemon has been accepted into the team.

In my backstory posts, included characters who could be used later on if we do any potential missions with them in. The main two are Daemon's army commander, Galen and the brother of the Scrafty Lucia murdered, Scraggy. No doubt the little Scraggy when he grows up is gonna want revenge and no doubt he's gonna evolve and try and get some authority with the Honchkrow and that ruined city's forces if there are any. Maybe they have an expedition into Saba's land?

Last edited:

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Made my introduction post, sorry it’s not too long or anything. Also I wasn’t sure if anyone was actually stood outside or anything for Kuze to notice, so I kinda just had him knock.

Is Kuze next to the others by the door? Cause Saba is a out to talk to all three of the pokémon at the door at the same time. I was wondering whether or not I should include him.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Oh ok that clears things up, I thought everyone was inside that’s why I just had him go and knock. I’ll go and edit that post a little. But yeah he’d be by everyone else outside.

Who is at the door right now?

Helios.

Made my introduction post, sorry it’s not too long or anything. Also I wasn’t sure if anyone was actually stood outside or anything for Kuze to notice, so I kinda just had him knock.
Is Kuze next to the others by the door? Cause Saba is a out to talk to all three of the pokémon at the door at the same time. I was wondering whether or not I should include him.
Daemon's just arrived. He's right behind Sheepish who appears to be outside where the door is. There's like three people there. Kuze would probably have to wait behind him if i'm right?

I'll put Lucia in the house when most people have been signed up and there isn't a queue.