• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... Strange Mists...

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon kind of story with a bit of a darker and survival based theme to the story. I was hoping that the story would be a private one between myself and another player and that said player would be more 'Advanced' and able to write at least reasonable paragraphs per post with preference to those who could write more.

If multiple people are interested I could be interested in doing multiple stories, and/or maybe group based storyline but I find those often are not as enjoyable and detailed as the private stories so that is my reason for those who are wondering. ... I have an extensive writing background and tend to write about nine to twelve paragraphs per post and focus a lot on the detail and descriptions, less actions.

Storyline Premise...

On an Island in unknown seas, two Pokemon wake up on the beach to find that they are no longer the humans that they remembered and instead have taken on Pokemon forms. In addition, the two of them are now smaller Pokemon (e.g. Fenniken, Eevee, Pikachu) and there is a chill within the air as sunlight from the afternoon skies begins to vanish. To usher in the darkness of night where they are no longer the top of the food chain, and have to learn how to survive and evade larger Pokemon...

I was kind of hoping for a degree of "realism" where the Pokemon would take on characteristics of their "design" animal such as mouse type Pokemon being considered easier prey and etc. I open to direction of story other than these details, and I am also somewhat open to the species of Pokemon but would prefer if there is any romance elements that the two Pokemon are of same species. I have softer spot for felines (e.g. Meowstic) and canines (e.g. Vulpix or Fenniken or Eevee) and otherwise?

Storyline Plotlines...

Once the two former humans are away from the Beach they could discover a Pokemon village of sorts and discover there is a series of strange and unfortunate events which are happening around the island. From Pokemon disappearing, to rumors about stranger and secretive behavior. And the two also have to content with the now natural fears of larger Pokemon and predators as they work to quick discover what happened and how to turn back to normal before some miserable fate befalls either of them on this strange island.

From a creepier shop keeper who talks to himself, to a fanatic apparel shop owner who is obsessed with making everyone in town look their best (and cutest). It could be a mayor who is hiding something, or the strange series of people who are losing memories, and of course the disappearance of children or females from the village as well. ... Kind of a "Horror Meets a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" esque kind of vibe. Who wants to be my Mystery Solving Buddy?!

PG-13 Appropriate Horror Content (before anyone asks :p)

Some calming inspirational music:
mary and the witch's flower theme song - YouTube

If you are interested leave a message or send private message!

Last edited:
While I recognize that I'm a tad bit late to this post, I too would be interested in starting something like this with you. I love the idea of mixing the Mystery Dungeon series with Horror that you're describing!

I've never actually played the Mystery Dungeon series myself, but this seems like an interesting idea. I'm not the best writer by any means but I'd like to give this one a shot.