• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon RP: Entain Adventures Discussion

This discussion board is for talking about this RP. Character bios can will be added shortly for the benefit of any knew RP-ers. I'll also make a plot summary post which I'll try to update every few days.

Character bios at the time of making this:

Name: Nina
Species: Nidorina
Appearance: A cuter, less aggressive looking Nidorina.
Personality: Very loyal to those she knows but also quite Naive. Can also be flirty.
Positive Traits: Loyal and kind. Not at all afraid of danger. Willing to do what others say, but can be headstrong.
Negative Traits: Niave. Has little sense of danger. Gets upset when people assume she's mean based on her species. Poor battler. Fear of spider Pokémon.
Moves: Scratch, Tackle, Tail Whip and Poison Sting
Backstory: When young she was saved from a dungeon by a rescue team where she and other Pokémon were captured by an Ariadose. As a result she thinks very highly of all rescue/expedition teams and now she's older, she wants to join one to help people who were stuck in situations like she was. So far she has been rejected from most teams due to her poor moves and lack of battle experience.

Name: Lucy
Species: Absol
Appearance: A normal Absol,with a red bandanna across it's horn thingy,a blue bandanna across it's neck,and she always has an angry face.
Personality: She's kinda like a goth,saying that plans or wishes are meaningless,and sometimes she can be pretty violent.But she also can be very kind.
Positive Traits: If she is around people she likes,she'll be more cheerful;loves unevolved Pokemon(ex: Pichu,Torchic,Ratatta)
Negative Traits: She hates pink and cuteness,so Blissey is pretty much her worse enemy(you'll see in the backstory);she can quickly hate every Pokemon that is fully evolved(ex: Feraligatr,Dodrio,and Floatzel,except for her relatives and friends)
Moves: Toxic,Hidden Power,Ice Beam and Thunderbolt Ability: Super Luck
Backstory: When she was little,she was really playful,even though she was still pretty goth,unlike now when she rarely is playful.She only played with boys,because she didn't like playing with girly stuff,or dressing up.And one day,she bumped into a Feraligatr,Dodrio,and Floatzel,who weren't really mad but,when they scurried her off they called her Princess.Lucy got really mad,she hated when Pokemon called her that.Naturally,she challenged them to a battle,but they refused.They said that she has to battle their leader first,Blissey.(I know Blissey are really sweet,but now you know why she hates Blissey and fully evolved Pokemon).And Lucy did battle her,but she lost.She was so ashamed of herself,that she didn't make new friends for a long time.She swore that if any fully evolved Pokemon would approach her with anger,or with insults,she would attack them.(except for her relatives and friends)

Name: Eric
Species: Mudbray
Appearance: Eric looks like any other Mudbray, but the front of his mane is spiky.
Personality: Eric is nice and kind to his friends, but has a Lonely nature, and often is the outcast of groups.
Positive Traits: Fast to think, and has logical answers to problems. He works well alone, but even better with friends.
Negative Traits: A bit childish, and can get scared easily.
Moves: Body Slam, Mud Slap, Bulldoze, Double Kick. Abilty: Inner Focus.
Backstory: Eric was once lost in a dungeon, but was rescued by a team of Pokemon. He was grateful after that, and asked to join their team, but they declined. So, he travels to find a team he can join, to help Pokemon in trouble.

Name: flame

Species: fenneking

Appearance: her ears are slightly bigger, she wears a purple scarf with pink lines, theres a small bow on her scarf.

Personality: flame is mischief and cheerful but also tricky, she is very hyperactive and get excited easily.
She likes to play and meet new friends, she talks a lot and act fast so pokemons get annoyed by her.
She can get emotional and distracted easily.

Positive Traits: cheerful, like to help, fast thinking, friendly.

Negative Traits: emotional, annoying, hyperactive, mischief, get distracted easily, talks a lot.

Moves: flame charge, magic coat, psybeam, double team.

Abillity: magician.

Backstory: she lived alone for a lot of years after she was kicked out from her village when she was very young, no one wanted to be with her and some even tried to kill her because she was so annoying.
she decided to explore the world and find new things, she also want to join a guild and help other, maybe to find someone that wont get annoyed by her.

Other: she is using her moves for tricks and fun, she likes sweet and spicy food.
Its hard to catch her off guard.

Story summary:
Nina arrived at Donnell City to join a rescue team but an Absol named Lucy scared off the other Pokemon wanting to join in an attempt to help, making them dislike Nina. This in turn causes some conflict between Nina and Lucy. Nina runs off to a park where she meets Eric the Mudbray and Flame the Fennekin. They decide to join a team.

Last edited:
I drew Eric. I just wanted to draw him. Don’t know why.

Attachments

• A05D2F97-DF0E-45A1-9D69-45B4BF70B597.jpeg
    A05D2F97-DF0E-45A1-9D69-45B4BF70B597.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 22
Heya, this looks really fun so I'm gonna make some character and form a team, hope you approve and I can join in.

Team Name: The Pan Brothers (and Pan Sister)

Name: Papapapan

Species: Panpour

Appearance: Just a typical Panpour, although he’s a fan of headwear.

Personality: Very Zen and hippie like. Often is a mediator between his other brother and sister.

Positive traits: Highly personable, his stoic personality is calming to be around, and makes delicious pastries.

Negative traits: Despite being the elder sibling, he is no leader, often can be too calm in the face of serious danger, and cannot make sauces, dressings, or salads to save his life.

Moves:

-Round

-Water Pledge

-Surf

Backstory: The eldest sibling of the Pan Brothers (and Pan sister), he often helped his mothers and father (Simisage, Simisear, and Simipour) at their restaurant and take out shop in Donnel City. He’d run the takeout window mostly and got to meet almost every member of the Donnel City community as well as the various rescue teams. It was seeing those brave teams that he decided he wanted to make his own rescue team with his siblings. He wields the Water Pledge move of the Pan-Wall Family Formation; a legendary secret formation founded by their parents.

Name: Papapan

Species: Pansage

Appearance
: A slightly smaller Pansage with a fondness for scarves.

Personality: A bit of a hothead being the smaller, awkward middle sibling between two boys, slightly tomboyish.

Positive traits: Very determined, able to micromanage a lot of different factors at once, and can make really good sauces, dressings, and salads.

Negative traits: Gets steamed really easily and can overextend herself, especially when the team is referred to simple as the Pan Brothers, can get overwhelmed and anxious if things get too unmanageable, and absolutely unable to make a decent pasta dish or breads.

Moves:

-Round

-Grass Pledge

-Seed Bomb

Backstory:

The middle sibling of the Pan Brothers (and Pan Sister) and the only girl in the team, Papapan often struggled to find what she was suppose to do in her life. Between her parents wanting to be a good chef and her older brother being a good rescue squad mate, she found herself bouncing between lots of roles and never truly being happy in any of them. However she finally found a role she loves in the restaurant, a good routine of making salads, sauces, and dressings: compliments to meals that require lots of simple little steps. In the Pan-Wall Family Formation, she uses Grass Pledge to unite the family’s powers together.

Name: Papan

Species: Pansear

Appearance
: An average looking Pansear who likes to wear glasses and goggles.

Personality: A shy, but kind Pokémon. However under duress can have an explosive temper.

Positive trait: Pleasant to be around, often can find the easiest solution to problems, makes a mean pasta dish and breads.

Negative traits: Can be a bit shy and naïve, when too stressed out he can be quite rude, don’t ever try his pastries.

Moves:

-Flame Charge

-Fire Pledge

-Round

Backstory: The youngest sibling in the Pan Brothers (and Pan Sister), Papan likes to keep to himself most of the time, gathering ingredients with his mother Simisear in the nearby woods. He’s not as use to being part of team with his older brother and sister, but enjoys going on adventures with them. His role in the P-WFF (Pan-Wall Family Formation) is Fire Pledge and although he may be timid, he won’t hesitate to help his family be kept safe.

Like the characters! What kind of role do you want these characters to have in the RP? (Also I'm really sorry to be rude but I see what your doing with the whole Pan naming thing but I'm worried it could get a bit confusing. If it's not too much trouble would you be able to change the names a bit? Wouldn't have to be anything drastic just a little bit more different)

Roles for the team would be as a pre-existing rescue team that's had a few missions under their belt and as shop keepers for the family restaurant in Donnel City. I'll provide a small description of the restaurant later on. As for the naming I can change them (which I can do, but it's not my first choice) or I can make sure that all dialogue and related actions will be in font color for the different species. (Panpour would be blue, Pansage would be green, and Pansear would be red. Actions involving all 3 would be black.)

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
This seems like a neat little rp to join while I wait out the time for the others I've joined to start. Before I do anything, I was thinking about being something like an Ex-Rescue Team-turned-Mercenaries, one of then being the move tutor you find in the games. Would that be alright?
(*I should note that the team will be evolved, though I can go a pre-evolved pre-existant team too.)

Last edited:
Hey that's a good idea but would you be able to hold on for a bit? We have one more player who should be starting any time soon ideally which could change things.

DevVoid

Alright, I can do that. I can submit the Bios as a preview, so you can look over them and say if and when I should come into play.

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Zip
Species: Joltik
Appearance: Normal Joltik except with black spots all over their back that are shaped like paint splatters.
Personality: A socially anxious coward. He loves cute things but struggles to show this without feeling embarrassed. He loves making terrible jokes and puns when he decides it would be an opportune moment (Which is usually whenever he wants to)
He is terrified by anything larger than Pokémon like Absol for example. He has a fear of rock Pokémon in general.

Positive Traits: Loves making bad puns and bad jokes, High speed when running should it be on flat terrain, He has low standards for things like art or other Pokemon, always cheering his friends on, unless it's a friendly competition which he will cheer for both sides.
He can easily stay awake no matter how late it is, though this does have a limit. He also loves trying to cheer other Pokémon up, though if it don't work he often cries as well, he hates the sound of crying as it hurts him emotionally.

Negative Traits: Has an intense fear of Rock Pokémon and Pokémon who are simply larger than an Absol. He struggles to talk to strangers as he worries what they will think of him, He also tends to hide his emotions until they are too strong to hold back, to which he will explode in that respective emotion (sadness is the worst case scenario as he can't stop himself from crying very well...Happiness is the main exception to this rule)
He often waits until the last second, especially in battles, which he usually takes a heavy blow to himself before using a move. he is rather clumsy often falling over when he runs or missing his moves altogether because he panics. He often feels useless to everyone, even though he is being useful.

Moves: Spider Web, Thunder Wave, Absorb
Ability: Unnerve

Backstory: Zip the Joltik is actually a Wild Pokémon, much like you'd find in a Dungeon, Except for the fact that He always had a nagging fear of Rock Pokémon, which was often used against him via threats and insults. These threats stuck with him fearing that he could meet one of his old Dungeon-mates somewhere and they would attack him, potentially doing more than knocking him out.
He only fears Pokémon bigger than an Absol because they never seem to look down and notice him and he has nearly been stepped on so many times he has lost count. He decided that maybe he could join an exploration team to protect himself as well as help those who need to be helped or saved like he had when He was trying to reach Donnell City.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Er… I probably got something wrong, or this just looks bad, sorry I had to kill all of your eyes.... And the name for the location or "city" this is in at the moment is probably incorrect... more than likely missing useful information of course! (I am going offline for a bit after this to wait for the insults to come in, see ya then! :D)

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Just saying in case, most of the time flame will not attack directly, she is using her tricks to make the enemy let down his gaurd.

DevVoid

I'd just like to note that I'm stepping out of here. I've joined some other Roleplays, and don't think I'll be able to fit in the time for this one if I did happen to join it in the meantime. Farewell.

Magic Sparkle

My idea were that one of nina's team will fight with one of lucy's team against a pokemon that strong against both of them.

For example, flame and zip will fight against a rock type, since rock is super effective on both, or maybe eric end splice will fight against an ice type.

Thats only my idea, but like i said, elliebeth is the one who choosing the story.

It is probably gonna be a fight between the two teams. I want to try and implement an actual battle system but I want to see what you all think first.

My idea, is that I will use each of your Pokémons base stats from bulbapedia. Each of you can PM me the moves you plan to do. If you want to do something with another Pokémon, eg- a combination of moves, you must both let me know. I'll work out what happend, whether moves hit (I'll use a spinner based on the accuracy) and post it. I hope this way we can emulate real battles. All stats will come from bulbapedia. What do you think?

That could work.It would take a lot of time,but I think it's worth it.But,what happens to the team that will faint?Do they fail or....?
But what about if we use something like this:"Nina uses Dig and Lucy froze the ground so it would be harder for her to come out,and then she climbs into a tree to avoid attacks" How would that work out?

Magic Sparkle

Flame is tricky, very tricky.

So of course she is going to combine Moves, and raise her stats with tricks (like flame charge that raising speed)

Magic Sparkle

Well, flame have 2-3 reviver seeds, she hiding them in her scarf (i should say that the scarf is a purple bandana with pink lines around her neck, i should have say that before).