• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: RP Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Ayumu broke out of the thick underbrush and into the clearing, she suddenly realized she had come upon two Pokemon she vaguely knew.

"Ah! Hey, there, Endymion!" She waved her tail in a mock-simian expression. "Ah! And ya got a friend...who's that friend? I don't know this Vulprix. But mah name's Ayumu, and it's nice ta meet ya." As usual, the cat failed to notice that the said "Vulprix" was, in fact, asleep.

The Skitty paused, then looked around. "Mighty nice place ya found, here. I wonder, though, did y'all really go and get melon bread without me? Or...ah! Maybe ya wanted to find a place like this so ya could do some trainin'!" She grinned. "Y'all are so cool...ya got power! All I got is the power to forget stuff and be late."

((Bleeehhhhh...spamy post. The "power to forget stuff and be late" is another Azumanga reference...))

[OOC - *figures she's resisted posting for long enough*]

BIC-

As the spherical emblem of a sun started to descend lazily towards the horizon, Shiden felt his legs turning to lead at the joints. He was ready - and willing - to run forever, until a solution that would end all of these miseries came to him, but the small body he'd been thrown into wasn't so malleable. As the Pikachu's breaths started to come in short, stabbing gasps, he could tell that his pace had decreased to a mere trot, even with tears blurring his sight beyond much perception.

As twilight dawned on the reverent forest Shiden struggled to keep going, reduced to a pathetic limp-like walk through the tight-knit jungle he had immersed himself in. The electric rodent's senses seemed shot, unable to hear any more than a faint buzzing hum low in his black-tipped velvety ears. In reality, the fiercely vegetated forest was alive with bug-type's combined sounds, creaking through the orange-splattered sky; the collage of colors was hidden from view by a heavy canopy of leaves. The aches and stinging of his innumerable injuries had caught up to the limping Shiden, urging him to lay down, to take a rest. If he did, everything would seem better; Kazan might even...

What? Kazan was probably ridding himself of the troublesome memories Shiden had generated in the first place.

"What's a Pii-ka-chu doing way out here? Only buggy-types like places like this, ya' know!"

Shiden wheeled his head around - or rather, tried to. What he did instead was turn his eyes weakly in the direction of the voice, and was greeted by a cheery-faced Venonat. The round, shaggy-furred insect was perched lazily on an overturned tree, propped diagonally by the various other shrubs and tree trunks around it. The Venonat had found a small branch protruding from the dead wood, and used it as a seat. Shiden looked, but could only make out the speaker's blurred purple shape.

"I dunno." Shiden responded, not stopping, but slowed to a near-crawl now.

The Venonat bounded down from the bough, landing clumsily on the leave-carpeted forest floor behind the listless Pikachu. "Well, that'sa funny. Pika's usually like small-like forests, ya know. With less trees. And'a more apples to munch." it persisted, falling into stride alongside the near-blinded Pikachu.

A silent pause, only broken by the pitter-patter of the Venonat's oversized feet on the crumbling dead leaves. Then,

"My name'sa Archie, like Archie, only you say it 'Arkie'. What's yours, weird-little-Pikachu?" the newly dubbed Archie inquired with a twitch of its - her - antenna.

"...I don't remember." Shiden said sincerely, casting away the name kind-hearted Kazan had graced him with. "I guess I don' have one..."

"Tha'sa way too silly! You hafta have'a name! Can't call ya 'Pikachu', ;cause there're lotsa Pikachu, ya' know! I'll call you..." Archie scooped a leaf from the collection of dying brown specimens and let it drift back down as they walked. "Kikai! 'Cause you're'a reaaaally weird n' strange."

Shiden sighed, and kept going; after a minute or two, the Venonat smiled broadly and stopped, leaving the thoughtless Pokémon to pad forwards on his own.

"See ya' later weird-little Kikai!" She sang, turning around and clambering up the nearest tree; she had other things to do, after all.

[...]

Shiden wasn't even partially aware of falling down, even less so passing out. But here he was, collapsed on his side in whatever passed for a clearing in this untamed part of the forest, the moon and sun both visible, but the sun quickly succumbing to the silvery-orb's dominance. The Pikachu fought for a sitting postion, but halfway there his claws slipped without purchase in the carpet of leaves. A stick or twig dug insistently into his side, just one more ache that resounded throughout his body, but now all of them were almost on fire.

And he was starving.

A ranging variety of plump berries dangled tauntingly from the midst of bushes all around him, and yet Shiden wasn't ready to take the heads-or-tails risk of one of them being poisonous. He was, after all, in a wild and uninhabited section of a forest. Only the most basic of bug-types even roamed here, nibbling quietly on whatever shrubs or grasses they could find. Even if he was daring enough, the electrical-type doubted his ability to drag himself over to one of them - the slightest shifting sent screams of pain coursing up and down the Pikachu's joints. In exchange for his mindless run, it seemed that stopping had caused all of the pain accumulated during his rush to bombard him now. While he was immobile.

"Come on! I had at least hoped that that stupid, evolving Machoke would be guarding your pathetic excuse for a body! But no! You hafta go n' become the perfect target for kidnapping, dontcha, Pikachu?" a disappointed and begrudging voice cracked through the air, making the fur on Shiden's neck prickle.

Several seconds later, a white-clawed Pokémon padded silently out from the foliage surrounding Shiden, cherry-red eyes flashing in accusation. The Pikachu swallowed nervously.

"Not even that Charmander Soriin was talking about? Nobody!? No wonder Soriin let me come alone! This's the worst job assignment ever..." the figure muttered in a mutinous voice, arms crossed sulkily across her furry chest. "And after beggin' him to let me go - that I was all fully-recovered...deceptive li'l psychic."

The mysterious Sneasel scowled down at the prone Shiden, a foreboding light in her eyes. He had several moments to notice a violent scar etched above one eye before she moved. She stepped closer to the electric-type, and seized a firm hold on his throat. With no effort, the jet-black Pokémon hoisted the Pikachu into the air, amused by the lack of struggle he put forth - the Pokémon could barely raise his arms to pry at her tightening claws.

"Tch...and you're the reason poor Reid has been staring off into nothing, blind as a Zubat? Soriin even said he might be reliving his past - thanks ta' you?" The Sneasel slackened her grip, and Shiden landed with a soft whoomph on the ground.

[OOC - 'cause Jiin is like an armored cockroach. A violent cockroach bent on destruction and violence.]

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Oh, Hello, Ayumu." Endymion smiled warmly at the absent-minded Skitty, bowing his head in greeting. "Actually, the power to forget stuff is quite a power indeed. Some PokéMon are capable of using controlled Amnesia to boost their ability." he blushed a little "And I'm afraid I never heard of melon bread before I met you. But if I knew where one could find some, you'd be the first to know."

He wondered why Amnesia came to mind. Could a Skitty even learn that? Ayumu seemed to be a natural, her mind was THAT scattered. But he wasn't sure.
"So... What brings you here?"

"Amnesia? Wow, that sounds like a powerful attack..." Her eyes looked upward lazily, and her blank smile grew larger (and possibly blanker). "Ah don't really know if Ah could learn it, though. Ah probably'd just forget it."

Ayumu paused for a minute, staring at the clouds, as random thoughts floated by. Suddenly, she realized Endymion had asked her a questin. "Ah! Ah'm here because...well, Ah was lookin' for the rest of y'all, cuz when Ah woke up, Ah was alone. But Ah didnt know where Ah was goin', so Ah just ended up here. And Ah'm sure glad Ah found ya, Endymion, cuz Ah dunno if Ah could handle runnin' into one of those evil guys."

She blinked. "Hey, why are you here? Is this a meetin' point, or somethin'?"

Tallen looked at the Charmander for a moment.

"Kazan. . . I. . . You. . . might have noticed, but, I don't have anyone else in this world." Too much emphasis on 'this'? oops. nevermind. keep going. let it all out.

"I. . .I want to come with you." She swallowed. She was proud, it was hard for her to admit she needed anyone. But, she did. She was tired of being lost in the big dark world, the only shining light in all the darkness. . . He burned as bright as she did, to her eyes.

"As far as leaving. . . I can't promise I can stay forever, but. . .I'll always be your friend, no matter where I am. And I'll do my best to always be there for you. I'll stay as long as I can and as long as you need me, right?" She smiled. So much more was on her mind. . .But. . . She stepped forward, trotting up to the charmander, the happy grin still in place. "Not much of an answer, really," She frowned for a moment. "But I promise, I'll stay. We'll do it together, huh?" She looked up at the gold drenched treetops.

"It's getting dark. . . where do you think the others are?" She frowned. "Do you think we should try to find Shiden? He wasn't looking too hot last I'd seen him. . . " She was concerned about the arrogant little pikachu, who was so odd and dead set in his belief he was a human. She knew about humans, missed them? she wouldn't go that far, but he was a link, to her past life. And, there was something about his arrogance that she saw in herself. He shined a different sort of light, a strong light shot through with jagged, spiked lightnings. . .

She was still worried about Shiden. But at least now, she and Kazan were together. Things seemed a little brighter, a little more do-able.

[OOC- Sorry for not posting!!! (this goes for Every Journey too) - I've had the busiest week evar in school and I haven't had the time :-[]

BIC-

How could Tallen be alone? She was the last person Kazan would even consider being without friends - she seemed honorable, friendly, kind... the list could go on forever! But then again, Kazan didn't see himself as a particularly bad person, and here he was - just as lonely as Tallen.

Kazan did feel disappointed from what Tallen said next, but in no way hurt. He hadn't really meant that he wanted Tallen to stick around forever, but merely that she wouldn't abandon him - to just throw away whatever relationship Kazan was trying to build and disappear without a word. He sensed though, that Tallen wasn't the kind of person to do that. He had felt that way about others too, but he hoped that he would be right this time.

Slowly, the Charmander turned around and smiled weakly at Tallen. He merely nodded in reply, but he suspected that it was enough to convey the message.

As Tallen now brought up Shiden however, his smile faded and he looked back into the grass.
"I don't know..." said Kazan slowly, distantly. What do you mean you don't know?! he thought simultaneously, This isn't like you! You may not like Shiden at the moment, but if he needs any help, you should give it to him anyway! Though he hated to admit it, the voice in his head was right. He couldn't just abandon Shiden. Knowing the Pikachu, he was probably running around frantically, not knowing where to go or what to do...

Kazan returned his gaze to the ninetails, reapplying the weary smile.
"Ok..." he said, "let's find him..."

It was only twilight, but in the forest, night had already fallen.

The forest was bright and alive to Tallen's eyes. Things unseen rustled in bushes, flitted over head. The thin trail of Shiden's blood had suddenly grown, and his path might as well have been lit by fire in Tallen's eyes. Once Kazan had told her what direction Shiden had run, it was only a matter of following his trail of distruction through the forest. She didn't doubt Kazan could do it, but he was behind her, watching for anything that might seem unfriendly.

Poor Shiden was probably exhausted and not in his right mind. She didn't know whether or not to talk to Kazan about the possiblilty he might not be quite sane, but, no matter what, they had to find him. She knew he was important, she just didn't understand how.

She had to admit, Kazan was doing a brilliant job keeping up, and hardly seemed tired after a day of. . .

Tallen tumbled into the clearing without any warning. She rolled to a halt and took to her feat, shaking damp plant matter off of her fur.

She stopped. She wasn't alone in the clearing. Shiden! The poor thing was lying on the ground, at the feet of. . .

Their dark red eyes met with a hiss from the Sneasel. She didn't know who it was, but from the look it was giving her, it wasn't friendly. No one grinned like that, unless. . .

Unless they were half crazy. And angry. Very, very angry.

TYPE ADVANTAGE!

I'm always tempted to spell Shiden's name with 2 i's, y'kno? Dax [size=5pt]~la [/size] I'll let you decide if Kazan tumbled into the clearing as well, or if he's still lurking in the brush, watching things develop. . . waiting forthe opportune moment. . .

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Well, It's actually a spot I usually go to when I feel like I have to get my mind off things. Sometimes I need to forget myself too." the Umbreon chuckled softly at the concept. "Akari here just... decided to join me - and I'm glad she did." He gazed at the sleeping Vulpix with a warm expression in his eyes and smiled.

Then something clicked in his mind.

"You said you were alone?" Endymion's eyes widened for a second "I mean, I can imagine Shiden bolted off somewhere again... But where did Tallen and Kazan go off to?"

[OOC - *tired of explaining reason-for-being-offline-for-several-days* My computer's motherboard melted everyone! And now I have this rent-to-own computer, so there~ Now, to the post!]

BIC-

As Shiden stared hollowly at the new arrival to the scene, Jiin's cherry-red eyes narrowed. The weasel-like female gave a low hiss of mixed annoyance and disgust, turning away from the pathetic yellow excuse for a Pokémon and locking her eyes on the Ninetales. Why did it have to seem that every time she fought, it was with a type-disadvantage plaguing her? The Sneasel's longer, red ear flicked backwards in aggression.

"Whatever you're here for, it'd be a better idea to leave." she snarled, unsheathing her long white claws. " Anyways, I'm not...supposed to...provoke fights."

With that, the dark-furred Pokémon wrapped a claw around Shiden and held him up in front of her as a shield; a particularly icy grin spread over her face as the silver moonlight flooded the clearing.

"See, Shiden doesn't mind leaving with me - do you?" she added slyly, eyes dancing mischievously with a knowing light.

"...no..." the Pikachu muttered, void of emotion.

If Tallen would just leave, then nobody would get hurt...Shiden was tired of being to blame for everyone's pain.

As if that settled things, Jiin erupted in hysterical laughter, still maintaining a potentially-strangling hold on the electrical-rodent's neck. The long-clawed Pokémon shrugged in mock-apology, baring one sneering tooth at the nine-tailed fox.

"You see? For all his actions, Shiden's just content with doing whatever makes everyone confused and miserable. Nobody really needs him, per say. Not even Soriin is happy about the arrangement, but this addle-brained mouse's got something he needs." she explained. "You'd be better off forgetting about him and concentrating on worthwhile friendships!"

As though in reply, an abrupt and ear-piercing screech resounded through the star-riddled sky, making Jiin curse under her breath and glance upwards.

"Damn idiot...what if Endymion heard that?" she hissed, edging away from the red-eyed Tallen.

Kazan, who up until now had been observing the scene from the bushes, emerged, his expression of loneliness and sadness completely gone, replaced with anger and determination. He advanced untill he was standing side by side with the Ninetails, and glared angrily at Jiin. Shiden might not be a reliable friend, but he sure didn't deserve to be left with Soriin's lot.

"If you're not supposed to provoke fights - then let Shiden go." growled Kazan, "I don't know what you guys want him for so desperately, but you'd better get used to the idea of doing it without him."

Kazan felt his tail flame grow into a fiery blaze. He didn't really know why though; the Sneasel was right - Shiden wasn't someone he really wanted to save at the moment. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but feel a need to help Shiden. It was as if the idea of someone being in trouble angered him, regardless of who it was.

"And I'm sure Endymion did hear that." he said confidently (though he wasn't sure at all if the Umbreon had heard), "So every second you waste not cooperating is a second for him to get closer... what's it going to be?"

[OOC- Short post... *grunt* and not very good either *double grunt*]

Ayumu paused. "Uh...I dunno. Tallen left while I was still asleep, and Kazan left before that." Suddenly Ayumu remembered something awful. "I had a bad dream! Mommy wanted to put away the kotatsu, but it was so warm! Nooooo!" She shed another tear in memory.

She paused again. "But, yanno, maybe we should look for Tallen 'n Kazan. They could have gotten eaten, or something," the skitty nodded as she mused solemnly.

The Sneasel narrowed its eyes, then turned and ran for the edge of the forest.

Tallen sprang after it. Sneasel were painfully fast, but weighed down by Shiden, it wasn't moving all that fast. Tallen fired a round of embers at its feet, hoping that being offbalanced, with its back to her, the sad attack would slow the Sneasel down enough. She was hoping exactly for what the Snealsel was hoping to avoid- a battle.

"Hey, ugly!" She shouted, insults springing to mind as a devilish grin sprang to Tallen's face. "I bet Endymion could take down your prescious, baby Soriin in one move! If he's so great, where is the pathetic weakling? Hiding while you do the dirty work?!" She remembered the eyes she had seen, in her dream, and the psychic attack that had almost taken her out.

But Soriin, she hoped, was miles away, dealing with an unruly mountain and an even unrulier Gengar. This battle would be between her and this Sneasel.

All this passed through her mind as the embers raced towards the small, dark pokemon.

Teh suspense!

As if she had been ready for this, Jiin wheeled to face Tallen without hesitation, dodging the pursuing embers with relative ease. She hadn't nearly beaten one of Endymion's team members - bastardly cheat - just to get stopped by this curious-tempered Ninetales!

"Watch your mouth, vixen!" the Sneasel snarled warningly, baring one pearly white fang.

Without faltering, Jiin did as she had been ordered to do if a fight broke out, and began to perform a well-known dance. As soon as the Rain Dance started, Shiden's bland weight no longer held her down, but seemed to be nonexistent, and as the sky darkened ominously, the Pikachu was glowing with a vague violet color.

It started to rain, not meekly, but in hammering sheets, but Jiin didn't question the source of the power or volume of this attack - she hefted the electrical-rodent more securely on her shoulder, and launched off into the deep forest. Vines and shrubs were easily avoided, and the Sneasel was unafraid to accept that it was because of her weasel-like build that dodging such obstacles and slipping discreetly through the jungle of trees was such a menial task.

Overhead, Yakiharau cringed against the powerful, flooding rain - Jiin was overdoing it, wasn't she? It took several hearty beats of his leathery wings to escape the worst of the violent rainstorm.

[OOC - Yosh, two terrible posts in one night! *dance of mock-pride*]

The Driving rain came without warning, as the Sneasel dodged her attack.

"Dammit," She muttered. She was getting soaked, and she doubted her fire attacks would be any good in this. "Coward!" she cried to the retreating Snasel, still hoping to get a rise out of her.

But she had more than fire attacks up her sleeve, and she easily picked out the Sneasel through the rain- she radiated a cold, steril, white aura. Shiden glowed as well, but the Sneasel was brighter, and easier to follow. Kazan, she had completely lost in the rain. She hoped he had gotten himself somewhere dry. She hoped he understood, this was a matter of saving Shiden, not abandoning him. She also hoped that Endymion saw the commotion. Backup never hurt. She wanted toprove she could do this on her own, but she knew it wasn't about glory, it was about saving Shiden, whether he liked it or not, because they couldn't let the bad guys win.

Trusting the pounding rain and her own special. . .skills, to cover the noise of her pursuit, Tallen took off after the Sneasel, turning and squirming and flowing through the brush at a pace almost equal to the Weasel pokemon. At the same time, she was running through every move she knew, looking for anything that would be useful in such a situation. And she had quite a few options. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.