• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Island Orbs

Masky grunted. The cave was too small for them to fit into. He needed someone smaller. "Drac, come here!"
A woobat fluttered to the cofagrigus. "Yes, what is it?"
"Enter that cave up there." He said. "Try to engage conversation with that rockruff in there, got it?"
Drac nodded. "Yes sir." He fluttered towards the cave.
A watchog noticed the woobat entering the cave of where the absol went. "Wildfire and The Herald Of Destruction are planning to destroy us all! Attack!"
Simultaneous attacks were fired at the woobat. It used air slash to slice them in half. Drac then waited at the cave door, staying out of sight.
Masky was being attacked by many people, however he beat them all with his attacks. The salamence were firing dragonbreaths everywhere, however one of the hit a house, destroying it. People were outraged and attacked them.
"You better leave and never come back!" A donphan yelled.
Masky replied. "Believe me, if we were to leave, the world would be at stake." He hopped on a salamence and headed back deep into forest. "Drac, we will communicate using our telepathy, will that work?"
"Yes, Masky, it will. I'll tell you what they say."

The Tyranitar noticed the tiny spy, and knocked out Drac with Mega Punch. Rockruff then bit it and dragged it out of the tunnels before going back in and destroying the entrance. Now no one could get to them.
(That means they're not supposed to be interacted with from this point forwards until I bring them somewhere they can be HINT HINT.)

Drac got up. He was much more powerful despite his tiny looks. He unleashed a psychic and escaped, pursued by villagers of every type.
"How did it go?" Masky contacted him using telepathy.
"Pretty bad, they dragged me out, and now I'm being pursued. He got hit by a shadow ball, then he returned the attack with air slash. He ended the telepathy and was shooting attacks every which way. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up for. Drac thought. He was exhausted when all of the sudden, poison tail and steamroller mowed the villagers that were attacking him. "Tapeworm! Crystali!"
The scolipede and whirlipede approached the woobat. "Masky said you needed help, why don't we go now?" Tapeworm said.
"Sure." Drac went onto Tapeworm and they bounded off.

Techno left his house and looked at the onslaught that was going on. "What the Distortion World did I just miss?" He went onto the trail when all of the sudden, he was mowed by a whirlipede using steamroller! He spun over and over when the whirlipede jumped up and he fell from under it. "Oww." He whispered.

Last edited:
Sarah and Rust both noticed the carnage that was going on. They were far away now but could still see the battling.
So they both decided to run. "Rust, do you know what is going on back the-" Sarah said, being cut off by Rust. "No, I don't. Random battling sprouting out of nowhere is not always me, okay?" As they were arguing a bit, Sarah noticed a small shadow run... Maybe hover really fast through the woods. "Hey rust, did you see that?" She said, "No, what was it?" Rust replied, "I... Can't explain it too well, maybe a small, floating, dark object. It looked like it was carrying something." She said, trying to recall just what it was. "Well there isn't time to dwell on that, I don't want to get caught up in the battle, I'm still hurt from that dungeon, so let's go to the Pokemon center, Sarah." He said. "Ok, I think there is one up the- oof!" Sarah said, tripping. "I... I think I'm fine... Let's keep going."

Meanwhile, in the woods that Elgyem is sprinting so fast, he didn't notice he was actually hovering.
Not wanting to get attacked in that ruckus, and maybe even lose these important papers...
Wait, as I said that he suddenly stopped, and hid behind a tree... Can he hear me? Well, anyway.
He appears to be taking a break for air, now would be a good time to look at the papers.

Techno got up. He was bruised but he would live. He looked around and saw Pixel, Koffing and Snorlax. "What happened?"
"From what I can gather," Koffing said. "An absol got chased by four salamence into a cave. A woobat entered that cave and it got tossed out. It got pursued and then a scolipede and whirlpede mowed some villagers. They gave the woobat a ride home."
"These kind of rampages make me glad for that pichu. And they caused more destruction than Marill Sue when she finds out if Techno killed Alex." Snorlax remarked.
The scolipede, whirlpede and woobat were far gone. The village was a ruin.
"Now they not only want Wildfire gone, but dead after what happened." Techno muttered.
The three others gestured silent agreement. The quartet saw dozens of villagers pursue after the Wildfire pokemon, including some children.
"Are they nuts? They're gonna get themselves killed!" Techno screamed!
"We should probably check on the village to see if it's all destroyed." Pixel told them.
"Good idea." Techno responded.

"Everyone's fine from what we can gather, including the pokemon that either are recovering or just been hospitalized." Pixel told everyone.
Oh God, please let Alex and Salazar return soon. Techno thought.

Suddenly, Heracross, who owned the Heracross Shop in Sunset Town, came running. "EVERYONE! I HAVE A REPORT! The oceans of the islands' outskirts, near the Grass Continent, suddenly have turned completely BLACK! We don't know what's happening, but me and my brothers are trying to find it out!" He explained.

Techno looked at the herracross. "Yeah, everyone's kinda preoccupied at the moment, Herracross. Thanks for letting us know."
Pixel looked at the villagers that came back from attacking Wildfire. They were all burnt and in a state of shock.
A wigglytuff looked at the villagers. "I'm going to be busy tonight." She said to herself. She and other pokemon were helping the wounded villagers out.
Techno thought about the thing Herracross said. "Wait, black!? Did I here that right?!" Techno said. He saw Alex and Salazar in the distance. "They will have a shock." He muttered.
"Well, this place is trashed worst than the boys bathroom." Snorlax said.
"Enough of your one liners, Snorlax. We better assess the damage to our house." Techno responded. (Koffing and Snorlax live with Techno and Pixel If you didn't know."

"GUYS! We're back!" The two exclaimed in unison. Salazar gave a wink to Alex, and he did to him too. "Guys, I have something really important to tell you. I've regained some of my memories!" Alex said.

Techno looked at the duo. "Alex, that's great to hear but we have some bad news. First, Mrs. Gardevoir has been hospitalized by an organization called Team Wildfire. Other teachers who tried to drive them out got put in the pokemon center as well. Villagers also got hurt by Wildfire when they attacked. There were many salamence, a cofagrigus, a woobat, and a scolipede and whirlpede sighted. This village is a mess. Second, Herracross came with a report that the shores of the grass continent are turning black, and this is no oil spill." Techno explained. "You've missed a lot, Alex and Salazar. We found out that Wildfire was a former rescue team who fights for some sort of cause. I also found out that Rocky works with the Herald Of Destruction, as she blasted a hole through my house!" He pointed to a cave with a massive hole in it. Techno waited for Alex and Salazar's reaction.

Salazar gave a look to Alex, meaning 'Don't talk about it'. Alex nodded. "I've heard about all of that. But, about the black water... When I regained my memories, I found out that I was associated in some sort of way with that black water. I don't know more, but I'm not the cause of this. I wouldn't hurt a fly." Alex said. "What's a 'fly'?" Salazar asked. "Oh.. Well, it's an animal from the human world. They buzz and fly around, hence the name, and they're nice fellows. Sometimes."

Techno slapped his magnets in front of Alex to snap him out of his trance. "Alex! The village is destroyed! Mrs. Gardevoir is in the pokemon center because she got hurt by this team called Wildfire! Do you know what that means? Our home is a dump. Our teacher is unconscious. I think you must be in another world or something. Mr. Gallade is worried sick! Many villagers are hurt. We-we might have to leave." Techno's tone got a lot softer. "We need to help out rebuilding this place. Now do you understand what this means?"

Gallade slowly walked towards the group, head low. "You said it was Team Wildfire that did that to my sister? Where are they." Gallade looked slightly at Salazar, telling him he needed him to follow wherever they went.

Techno sighed. "Gallade, many people have tried to fight them but have ended up like your sister. Attacking them out of blind rage is going to do more harm than good."
Pixel nodded agreement. "If you aren't going to attack, what will you do? They seem intent on staying and won't move an inch. There are many of them, and they destroyed the village just now."
An umbreon went up to them. "You wanna see Wildfire, dude, that's an awful idea but they are in the heart of Shimmering Forest."
Pixel responded to the umbreon. "Thank you, so what will we do?"

Techno followed Gallade, struggling to keep up with his pace. Pixel was behind him, with an escape orb.
"The plan's that if things get out of hand, we use the orb, right?" Pixel asked, partially muffled by the orb.
Techno nodded. "Gallade is most likely going to attack. He won't win but he'll try it anyways. Once that happens, use the escape orb."
Pixel nodded. "Off into Shimmering Forest!"

Shimmering Forest has these pokemon:
Butterfree
Floette
Beedril
Venomoth
Golbat
Phantump
Eevee (rarely)
Seviper
Zangoose
Charjabug
Vivilion
Linoone
Raticate (both alolan and kantonian)
Arbok
Nuzleaf
Dustox (at night)
Beautifly (at day)
Ariados
Pineco
Ledian
and Kirlia

(OOC: Shimmering Forest has 7 floors by the way.)

"I'm following, too. I need some more experience with Mystery Dungeon, and I'm not gonna let Team Wildfire get away with those sort of things!" Alex said, following the group to Shimmering Forest. He entered with Salazar, and saw a Zangoose. "Alrighty! I can handle this." He said, using a Force Palm on the Zangoose. The Zangoose was knocked back and hurt severely, which made Salazar used a Rock Slide on him. "I can see the stairs. Let's go!" Salazar said, pointing at the stairs.

[SHIMMERING FOREST: 2F]

Hiro Followed Secretly, He Muttered As He Went Onto The Second Floor
"Damn, This Place is Weird..." he Saw A Butterfree Try To Sneak Up On Everyone, He Went behind It, And Used Slash On It, Just To Get Its Attention, It Turned Around, And Attacked Hiro.

Anyone who tried to get in Gallade's way was instantly cut down. Gallade was pissed, and wasn't stopping for anybody. But he had gotten the info he needed from Salazar when the others were out of earshot.

Techno was firing off thunderbolts at every which way. Pixel just blocking and hitting with tri attack.
"Guys, we're getting there." Pixel said when they entered the 5th staircase.
"How can stairs even spawn in a forest?" He muttered. Little did the pokemon know that they were being watched.

"Masky, there is ANOTHER group of pokemon coming towards the base. From what I've seen, they are intent on getting revenge for something." A chandellure said via telepathy.
"Thank you, Edison. We will be ready for them. Where are they?" A cofagrigus responded.
"Entering the fifth floor." Edison responded. "They'll be there soon enough."
"How many are there?"
Masky asked. "Ten, Twenty?"
"There are six, and only one is evolved."
Edison answered. "We should have no problem beating these guys, but still be wary."
"Thank you."
Masky ended the telepathy.
An emboar stood behind him. "Did Edison just find more pokemon who are trying make us leave?"
Masky nodded. "I didn't know you could read minds. They're persistent, I'll give them that much."
Nathaniel listened as Masky explained these guys. "Either they're foolish, vengeful or both." Nathaniel said about them. "But if it's a fight they want, it's a fight they get."

"Here we are! Floor 7!" Techno looked around at the heart of Shimmering Forest. Inside of it was even more beautiful than he imagined. In the distance, he saw a small cluster of huts ahead of him, which he presumed to be Wildfire. The group moved towards the huts when suddenly,
"Welcome, I have been expecting you." Techno looked up at an emboar. He had a heart pendant on. "Edison noticed you before you came."
"Who are you? And who's Edison?" Pixel asked.
"I am Nathaniel, leader of the former rescue team Team Wildfire." The emboar explained. "And Edison is right here." A chandelure floated towards the group of pokemon.
"You crooks not only hurt Gardevoir, but also destroyed our home and hurt many more. Maybe the Waterburg Schoolboard was right, maybe you should be gone!" Techno looked at him
"It was an accident, and the village being destroyed was just like that." Nathaniel explained. "We are staying here and there is nothing you can do to stop us."
"Over my dead body." Pixel glared at the emboar. "Everywhere you go, you bring destruction to that place. I bet that you caused the water at the grass continent to go black. We will make you leave to save ourselves and others."
"That's what we want to stop." Nathaniel looked at everyone. "The water turning black was not our doing, and the monsters who did that is our enemy. They threaten the very survival of the pokemon race!"
Nathaniel looked at Pixel. "As for you, you have said words easier said than done. Have you been taught not to wander into the heart of a wildfire? Do you want to fight us?"
Techno nodded. "It's what needs to happen. For everyone's safety and well being, you must go."
"Suit yourself." The emboar did a hand motion when all of the sudden many pokemon surrounded Alex and co. "Attack!"
The Wildfire pokemon fired many attacks which Pixel blocked with a protect.
Seeing the exhausted pokemon and their looks of worry and hunger, Nathaniel made a hand signal that made the pokemon cease fire. "We are sorry to the village for the destruction we caused. Masky." The emboar looked at a cofagrigus which nodded in unison. It fired off a ghostly aura that engulfed the village. To Techno's amazement, the structures were regenerating the damage done to them.
"I didn't even know you could even do that." Techno said when the village got repaired.
"Believe me," A cofagrigus said. "That took me years to master."
"Masky, show them The Shadow Force, a greedy team of pokemon that want the Island Orbs for their selfish purposes." Nathaniel ordered.
Masky nodded. As soon as he did, everyone saw a destroyed village, villagers being beaten and taken hostage. They saw a sableye raid a nursery and take the baby pokemon, which were crying. He took the kidnapped kids and put them in a ship to take them away. In the background, sorrow was everywhere.
"Guys, I found new recruits!" The sableye said. Techno was hoping this hell would end. This is what Wildfire were fighting. Much to Techno's and everyone's relief, the vision subsided.
"How do we know that you didn't make it up?" Techno said, feeling shaky and horrified.
"I couldn't imagine that much cruelty, even if I wanted to." Masky responded.
"You better get home now." A serperior, beside Nathaniel looked at the crowd. "I am Rianna, second in command of Wildfire. We have a matter to discuss with that rockruff and his gang of friends. Where will we meet, Nathaniel?" She asked.
"How about noon at the massive rose in the center of the village?" Nathaniel said.
"You meen Virizion's Blessing?" Techno asked. The flower represented when the legendary pokemon Virizion protected the village against evil forces.
"Yes, that sounds good. Now go." Nathaniel told them.
Pixel used the escape orb and warped at the entrance of Shimmering Forest.
"So, how did you guys think about that?" Techno asked them.

Last edited:
"T-That was... not was I was expecting, that's for sure. But, the Shadow Force..."-He striked a look against Salazar and Gallade, knowing that he can not tell anyone of his encounter.- "Th-They look bad, for sure. We may need to find out where their current location is, though."

Gallade wasn't with the group. He had stayed below. Walking up to the Emboar, he punched him. "THAT was for my sister. Now that I've gotten my rage out of the way, I think we should talk. How do you know about the Shadow Force? They're extremely secretive. Any knowledge you have could be essential to our cause."

Nathaniel didn't even flinch. "It's a long story. We will go back to the Wildfire base very soon, okay? In about a day from now."
Techno nodded. "Sounds good to me."
Out of nowhere, the lovestruck water fairy type Marill Sue came over to Nathaniel, attempting to knock him out with aqua tail. Nathaniel took no damage and yawned to taunt her.
"Marill Sue, what the heck are you doing?!" Techno yelled.
"I'm protecting Alex from Team Wildfire. I-"
Nathaniel picked her up. "This is none of your business, if you wanna stay here for very long you must know that this story doesn't revolve around you." He readied a flame charge as he dropped her down, as soon as he did, Marill Sue got hit by a flaming Nathaniel and got sent flying. "Now that waste of time is gone, I need you to do something important. Find that rockruff and tyranitar. We have a proposal to make with them." Nathaniel held up his team badge and disappeared.

"And why should I?" Gallade said, stopping the Emboar again. "Once again, I need information on the Shadow Force. And before you ask, I'm not willing to sell them out to get it. Why do you want them?"

"Gallade is right. What do you know about them?" Salazar asked, looking at Nathaniel with a steely look. He was pretty much cross too, about the town AND Gardevoir. Alex walked over to Marill Sue, and gave her a Tiny Reviver Seed. "Even those who are a bit crazy need to be cured anyway." He mumbled to himself.

"Haven't you saw Masky's vision for yourself?" Nathaniel asked Gallade. "Anyways, I apologize for what happened to your village and anyone who has been hurt by us directly or indirectly. I do owe you an explanation, which I was planning to do at the Wildfire base."
Nathaniel looked down at the team badge. "I need Rianna, Masky and Rook here right now." He said. A couple seconds later, a serperior, cofagrigus and rampardos of the same names warped by Nathaniel.
"Why do you guys need to be here?" Techno asked the three pokemon.
"You'll see." Masky responded. He looked at Marill Sue. "You better leave."
Marill Sue nodded. "I need to make more Cringical.lys!" She said as she ran home.
"Anyways, it started when we were looking at our request board."
"Request board? From what I've read, you guys don't do requests anymore." Pixel interrogated the emboar.
"We check it once in a while." Nathaniel explained. "Anyways, we looked at a request which had something written on it like 'Help us, I can't explain it right now. I don't have time!' We decided to check it out and the pokemon we brought were Rianna, Masky, Rook and I, which explains them."
Techno nodded. "Go on."
"We arrived at a place which was called Treasure Town, you know, where The Guild was. The place, it was destroyed, villagers crying. The nursery being raided of their kids. Villagers were being beaten and taken hostage. We only rescued a handful of people. The rest taken, but we got one of their members. What you saw was Masky's perspective of this tragedy." Nathaniel looked around.
"We threatened the member, which was a pawniard to get some information about this force."
"How?" Pixel asked.
"By dangling him 50 feet over Sharpedo Lake." Nathaniel responded.
"That sounds kinda brutal." Techno whispered to Pixel.
"We found out about the Shadow Force; who they were, what they wanted to do, and where they are located." He said. "We then handed him over to Quagsire, or the police at our base. We also found out," Nathaniel paused. "They are massive. You know how? Artificially made pokemon and stolen villagers."
"Hey, you mean artificial pokemon?" Techno asked. "I found some at Slate Temple."
"That means we aren't strong enough." Nathaniel looked at Techno. "We need to stop those pokemon, but couldn't. Of course, we knew about this, and made The Restistance. They are a bunch of rescue teams who knew about the Shadow Force and want to stop them."
"Why we need that rockruff and tyranitar is because we need to stop Shadow Force in their tracks, in any way possible. Wildfire intelligence picked up that they were a rescue team before they were thrown out by them." Nathaniel took a breath. "Of course, you guys know them, so you must talk to them about this proposal. We will stay in Shimmering Forest and not bug you guys again until you find them, ok?"

"I assure you..." Rocky said, stepping out of the shadows. "We are in NO WAY connected to the Shadow Force. I speak for Tyran, the Herald of Destruction, myself and anyone in our group."
"Rocky...?!" Gallade was shocked to see him here.
"He sent me to make sure you didn't do anything stupid, Gallade. I'm sorry, but we couldn't be sure. Patch is here, too."
"..." Gallade went completely silent.
"I'm afraid we can't explain right now. But we're fighting for the greater good." Rocky continued, looking at Wildfire. "Do you have any of the Orbs? We need them, and we have someone in our group who's connected to them."

"That's literally what we're doing!" Nathaniel looked at Rocky. "We are making a proposal for you and your team. Did you spy on us or need another spiel? That's the only time I'm glad about someone spying on me."
"We have one, but it is very hard to contain." Rook said for Nathaniel. "The Shadow Force has one as well. I can't tell you about where it is located, unless you share some of your info with us. You should bring Tyran and Herald. Their presence is more than welcome."
"So like I was saying, how did you meet the Shadow Force?" Nathaniel asked the rock-puppy pokemon.

Last edited:
"I'm afraid I can't tell you how I knew you were here or what you were doing. We haven't met them, per say. Well, Patch and Water Blade have. But that's besides the point. If we're really going to be doing this, then I'm going to need the location of your base if you want me to bring the others. The Herald doesn't usually come out of her cave unless she has to, because everyone is scared of her premonitions. On the way here, I actually heard some people saying that her appearance was a prelude to your group destroying the city. And Tyran can just be stubborn."

"Yes, we've made an awful first impression if anything." Nathaniel admitted. "Our base is by Post Town, do you know where it is?"
"Post Town! That's miles from here!" Techno sounded shocked. Post Town was a tourist attraction for the infamous Rainbows Of Hope.
"Not if we use our team badges it won't." Nathaniel responded. "Are you sure you have everyone you want to bring along?"
Techno looked at Alex, Salazar, Hiro and Pixel. "That's everyone I think." He said.

"I've been to Post Town a few times." Rocky said. Turning to Techno, he locked eyes. "I'm sorry for what happened back at town, and I wish I could explain. But not yet. You guys go ahead. I'll gather my teammates and meet you there."

Techno looked at Rocky. "No harm done, Rocky."
Nathaniel looked at Rocky. "You need this, don't lose it, ok?" He handed over a Wildfire team badge.
Rianna gazed at Nathaniel. "I will alert the others to go back to base, will that work?"
Nathaniel nodded. "It will." Right when he finished his sentence, Rianna dashed into the Shimmering Forest at a blinding speed.
Techno was thinking. She's fast! But that doesn't matter right now. We will find out about Wildfire and Rocky's team.

Nathaniel stared in the distance when in the heart of Shimmering Forest, a bright light gleamed. Nathaniel knew that was Wildfire returning to the home base. He held out his own badge when he got engulfed in a light and vanished into thin air. Masky and Rook did the same as he did.
Techno looked around at the village. Everyone was happy and back to normal. He looked at the nursery full of baby pokemon. I hope that they don't come here. He thought.

When Alex and Salazar returned to town, they saw their compatriots waiting for them. Rocky, Tyran and Patch were all waiting for them.
"Melia and Moonshadow are hiding in the tunnels just below us." Rocky explained. "You guys ready to go?"

"I am, I guess." Alex said, pulling out his Treasure Bag. He quickly pulled out some Scarfs. He put one of them on, and gave the others to Salazar, Rocky, Patch and Tyran. "They're useful, according to Heracross. You know, from the Heracross Shop.." Alex said, adjusting the scarf to a right position. "Yep. They are useful. I have a Pecha Scarf, and you have a Mobile Scarf, Alex." Salazar explained.

"Alright, let's go." Rocky said. Melia and Moonshadow leaped out of the ground just as Rocky activated the badge. They were all warped away to the town.

The group arrived right behind Team Wildfire. "So... we're ready to talk." Rocky said.

"Excellent, let us begin." Nathaniel said. "We have 1. should have most very soon." Nathaniel repeated his spiel for those who didn't hear.

"So how many do you have?" Nathaniel asked.

MEANWHILE: An ariados was spying on the pokemons' conversation, trying to leak info for Shadow Force. "I think I know where we will strike next." He muttered. He then went away to a more hidden area, where no one could see him.

Last edited:
(OOC: I am officially reviving this!)

Alex's look had gone from ready to determined. He'd been through too much to stop now, and he knew it. "Let's go. We've got everything, and if we just try, we can do this." He put his bag on his back and glared at them all. "Are you guys sure you're ready? I'm just making sure."

"I guess." Techno responded.
Nathaniel looked at Pixel. "What about you?"
Pixel nodded.
"Delightful." He said. "However, I must warn, there are multiple booby traps. Without further ado, let's go."

The group of pokemon followed the emboar to the point where there was a big spring. Surrounding the water was various shops and facilities. A waterfall poured. "There it is." Nathaniel pointed.
"A waterfall? This is a strange place where an orb would be located."
"It is, which is why no one would expect it." The emboar entered the waterfall. Techno could barely see him etch something into the rock with his huge fingernail. Afterward, it opened.
"Wow." Pixel looked in awe as the door rose.
"Everybody here." The emboar looked at the pokemon in the spring. "Make sure you do not let a single soul past this door. This is highly confidential stuff. Understand?
The pokemon nodded.
"Good." The emboar said. He looked at the other pokemon. "Do you have anything to say before we go?"