• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Island Orbs

"Alright." Salazar said. Alex was still curious about why Salazar and Gallade talked to each other so much. He then went out, and walked out of Sunshine Town, to Maki Plains. "I think I'll bunk down here.." He mumbled. "But.. Still, I wonder.. HOW did I turn into a Pokemon in the first place? It's so mysterious.. And why did I lack the ability to control my body when we were in the room with the Orb..? HOLD IT! I JUST REMEMBERED THAT MR. GALLADE TOOK IT! But, that's a Orb! It can't just be taken!"

Gallade swped the Orb over to Salazar as Gardevoir came over. "Future Sight again? I can't stay at the school today, but I can't take him with me, so I can't watch over him..."
"Leave it to me." Chesnaught said, coming over. "I've finished all my work for the day. I can afford to watch over a kid."
"Thanks, Chesnaught." Gallade said. "Come on, Salazar. We've got to talk." Gallade took the Orb back when no one was looking.

A strange shadow dashed towards the camera and stomped on it, destroying it.

"So, we still don't know where the cell is, and we don't know the current location of Team Darkness. But, what is it you want to talk about?" Salazar asked to Gallade, giving the Orb back.

Techno and Pixel were walking home. The duo had found a cave that they fitted with furniture. They were at home, chilling after the clash with rhydon. They got a knock on their makeshift door. Techno sighed. He opened the door and Marill Sue came in. "Excuse me, but do you know where Alex-oh, it's you." Techno looked at her. "What are you doing in my house!?" The magnemite screamed. "I was looking for directions to Alex's house. He was so brave! But I saw this awful house and I knew it was you! I will make you pa-" Techno thunderbolted Marill Sue. "Get lost." Techno said and slammed the door. She was outraged. "That stupid bucket of bolts!" She moved on to a hotel named The Cozy Inn.

Meanwhile a cofagrigus was reading the news. "Finally, a story that isn't drama reguarding Marill Sue." He said. A door knocked. "I'll get it." A galvantula said. It was Marill Sue. "Hello, do you know where Alex lives?" He shook his head. "Thank you anyways." She left. "Someone destroyed the camera! It didn't last an hour!" A rampardos screamed. The cofagrigus put down his paper. "We better see what it is, and besides, Post came with a letter from Nathaniel to look at it. Let's head out later."

The Elgyem is now fully convinced he is invisible, and nobody can see or feel him.
Until he realizes he isn't.
Well, considering the Pichu, drilbur, and Mudkip seem to be invested in an important conversation,
And they haven't noticed Elgyem yet, he might as well... You know... Steal it?
I mean it is his last option, he has nothing else to lose... Other than his dignity.
But hey, they seem really invested in the conversation, they couldn't notice him patting them on the back,
they won't notice him just... Taking some light papers, right? As he thought before, what could go wrong?
He has levitated things before, like books. Which is just a ton of paper. He can do this, it'll be easy... Right?
Ok, just like the books... Careful, you don't want to rip it, just levitate it into your arms. You've almost got it...
There, was that so hard? ...Wait, we didn't plan this through did we? What happens when he notices?
Well, Guess we just gotta skedaddle, ok wave goodbye! Just kidding, run for your life.
Go hide over there, in the forest! Let's hope he doesn't notice until he gets back... Keyword being "Hope".

Alex just sat down, beside the tree, giving a slight interest in the area around him. There were lots of trees, and nature. He began to think why he was turned into a Pokemon in the first place. "Maybe turning into a Pokemon was for the best. I can make lots of friends and stuff, it's fun."

The four pokemon went off to the school where the camera had been destroyed. A cofagrigus picked it up. "It was stomped on." The coffinlike pokemon said. All of the sudden, a shadowy figure jumped from the bush behind them to attack the cofagrigus, However, he knew he was being ambushed. The cofagrigus' limbs turned bright purple and a ghostly wind emerged from them. It sent the figure flying and blew the doors open on the school. More wind flew everywhere but the four pokemon were the only ones unaffected by it. More wind went into the school. He then stopped the ominous wind. "Attack!" He screamed. The klinklang was generating light energy, formed it into a ball and threw it at the figure. Mirror shot! The rampardos materialized fossils and other rocks and flung them at the shadowy pokemon. Ancient power! The galvantula fired a straight volt of electricity that became a web. Electroweb. The web wrapped around the shadowy figure. The four of them went to the hotel. "How dare you mess with the affairs of Team Wildfire! Now state your name, now."

Last edited:
As the Elgyem was hiding behind a tree, he noticed a Riolu to his left.
Wanting to approach he got up, but immediately remembered this Riolu was with the Mudkip.
He sat back down, hoping the Riolu didn't see him, and went to a farther tree, still hiding the papers.
Actually, you should probably look at the papers, theres a chance you might've grabbed a few that didn't belong to the book.
But not now, this scenario is far too stressful to be reading. Just hide, and maybe find some place to rest later.

The Pokemon just leaned, and flashed his face forwards. The pure shock of who he was left them stunned, and he shredded the net. He then proceeded to attack them with blinding speed. The Galvantula was sent out into the middle of the school grounds, where Chesnaught and the student were.
"What the heck?!"

Alex walked towards Sunset Town, taking a deep breath, and trying to remember something. "Nope, nothing's come to me so far.. Unfortunately." He mumbled, taking a bite out of a Oran Berry he had in his Treasure Bag.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, an Illumise is running around, looking for help.
She stumbles into Alex, bumping into him. "Ow! ..Sorry! I'm just in such a hurry... Oh, what am I gonna do... Say, you wouldn't happen to know any explorers would you?" She said, looking very stressed.

"I-It's no problem. But... I don't know what you mean with 'explorers', but, if something's the matter, I can help." Alex said, quickly going back to his senses after bumping into the Illumise.

The shadowy figure had knocked out the rest of the Pokemon, and was creeping along the side of the wall. He ran towards the Chesnaught and knocked him down. Chesnaught yowled in surprise, falling on top of the other two Pokemon. The shout of shock was loud, anyone in the area would have heard it.

"Oh my arceus! Thank you so much! My name is Sarah, by the way. Now what happened was my brother, Rust heard that there was an expensive golden locket in a cave, and we were running pretty low on gold, so he went to get it... It's been 9 hours and he hasn't come back! I went looking for somebody to help but... Nobody is helping... I think the cave is north of here, I can accompany you if you want!" Sarah said, looking much less stressed.

"Wait, what?! What was that?!" Alex shouted, looking and seeing the shadowy figure attack Chestnaught. "Hey, stop it, you--!" He exclaimed.

---

Meanwhile, a Zoroark was watching the shadowy figure from far away. "There he is. We've find out what his plan is, and then knock 'em out for good, together with all his friends." The Zoroark mumbled, slowly turning into a Phanpy using his Illusion powers and strolling through town, casually. He then saw Alex. "Who's that pest?"

The figure saw, from the corner of his eye, the shadowy figures watching. It's them. He then saw Alex. Perfect. The shadow rushed forwards, knocked Alex unconscious, grabbed him and dashed into the forest.
Chesnaught slowly got up. "What the...?" He then saw the tell-tale call sign embedded in the ground. A blue shuriken.
"The Water Blade!"

"W-What.. Everything's.. Going.. Black.." Alex said, slowly fainting. He didn't realize what was happening, but then..

Everything turned black.

He saw a vision.. of a strange figure. It didn't seem to be a Pokemon, but it was something else. The vision ended.

Last edited:
Sarah was just standing there, very confused.
"...What just... Well, guess I could go look for some more help. I don't want to know what's going on over there."
She walked back into town, asking for more help. Luckily, Alex's words encouraged her to not be as stressed.
She soon found an explorer to help her find her brother, and they went into the cave to find her brother.

The quartet got up and snuck up on the figure. Masky fired off a night shade. "We are experienced, do you really think we would go down like magikarp? We are some of the strongest Wildfire has to offer!" The figure was shocked. "And no, we don't have reviver seeds." Masky showed the bag to the figure. "You are formidable, I'll give you that, but I'll also give you something to cry about!" Masky used an all-powerup orb. The four pokemon looked stronger. They simultaneously used shadow ball, assurance, bug buzz and discharge at the figure. It did massive damage and sent it flying. It was very hurt. Masky then shot a bunch of ghostly threads at the figure, controlling its limbs like a marionette. "Now then, who are you?"

"You are the greatest fools I've ever seen." Water Blade said, getting up. He was seemingly completely unfazed by this attack. "I am the Water Blade. Destroyer of all who oppose me." He rushed forwards... and took all his foes out in a single strike. He then carefully picked up the Pichu, and left. He made sure no one had followed him, and disappeared.

Masky got up from fainting. "This situation is quite dire, we'll need all the backup we can get." The cofagrigus said. He used the badge to traverse to the team's base.

Masky got to Nathaniel and explained the situation. "It beat you guys? This is serious. I will need more on Masky's group. I need the following as well as Masky's group, Toxic Dart the toxicroak, Monster the salamence, Twister the mienshao, Candle the lampent, Morel the amoongus, Sly the zoroark, Skipper the archen, Box Turtle the carracosta, Saltie the krookodile, Dandyleo the whimsicott, Tapeworm the scolipede, Crystali the whirlipede, Bubbles the seismitoad, Drill the excadrill and Drac the woobat." The pokemon that he called suddenly appeared. "Good, using full force against that thing won't work well, so use tricks. That's how I beat my first boss, using a totter orb." The emboar said. "I will send Rianna the Serperior, the second in command if things go bad and I might consider going myself. Is that clear?" The pokemon nodded. "Good. Now go!" Masky gathered items like totter orbs, sleep seeds, eyedrop seeds, warp seeds, and poison seeds. (unofficial seeds that poision) Masky then held the team badge. "It's time for that sweet taste of revenge. Wildfire, go!" The badge emitted a light that engulfed the pokemon, then they materialized by the school that they ravaged accidentally. "Water Blade, prepare for the worst beating of your life." The cofagrigus muttered. The group headed towards the forest where they had been beaten. It was time for revenge, shortly. They set up camp in the forest. They were training hard as well. They were prepared for battle, now they were just waiting, waiting for him to get into the open.

"Ow." Rook said, finding a blue piece of skin in his back. "What is this?" Masky looked at it. "It appears to be a bit of Water Blade's skin." Masky said. "We might need this later." He put it in a vial of preservatives. "Where did you get that?" Rook asked? "I don't know, I bought it as a souvenir," Masky said, "but now it has some use." "Who would buy a-" "Guys, I found something!" Dandyleo approached them. He had two documents in his hand. "Let me look at that." The cofagrigus said. The documents read.

Object 34jI9, Security level: Level 1. This object appears to be a 1998 Pikantosh computer. It does one function. To enter in the DNA of a subject and find it's coordinates. It is portable, so we use this to find objects that have breached security. Only staff at a level two level at least may access it.

Object 9fjIt, Security level: Level 3.(The most dangerous) This object is a greninja who goes by the name of Water Blade. Due to its current nature and destructive abilities, It is uncontainable. We have a cell ready, a 3x5x6 meter titanium cage with 30" thick plexiglass for observations. We are also considering the possibility of destroying this object. Its current location is unknown. If anyone sights this, please get footage of this if possible.

"I think that we can potentially find Water Blade, Dandyleo, you are amazing. Change of plan, people." The cofagrigus said. "We are going to breach some security."

Last edited:
Meanwhile, Salazar was having a casual stroll around town. He didn't seem to have many problems. He was eating a Oran Berry, too. He then quickly pulled out a dummy, and decided to use some moves on it. "Training process... Activated!"

A beam of light is seen near the cave, as an Illumise, a Skitty, and a Volbeat is teleported out.
"Thank you!" The Illumise said to the Skitty "No prob." He said back.
The Illumise then turns back to the Volbeat, "Rust, this is the last time I'm letting you go into a dungeon by yourself!" she said, angrily.
"I thought I could take the monsters in there, in fact. They weren't even too tough, Sarah." The Volbeat named Rust said.
"He has a point, Sarah. He is pretty strong. He was able to stay 9 hours in there, and those monsters were pretty tough." Said the Skitty.
"UGH! I just want you to be more careful okay?" Sarah said. "But, thank you for finding the Locket." She said.
"Heh, I told you I could do it," Rust said. Okay, "I gotta go now." Said the Skitty, as they walked away.
The Volbeat and the Illumise walked away too, now that they have gotten the Locket, they can afford a new house!
Look like it's a happy ending...
For them, at least.

"You got it?"
Masky looked at a woobat and a yamask coming back into their camp. They shook their heads. "We asked them to use that computer but the strong preservatives on that skin caused it to spontaneously combust." The woobat said. "In other words, no Water Blade."
Masky sighed. An emboar entered the scene. "I think we take our focus off of Water Blade and on the Island Orbs. He doesn't seem important unless if he interferes again."
Masky nodded. "Yes sir, Nathaniel."
Nathaniel looked at Masky. "Its time to hit the sac, Masky, remember. You have first night shift."
Masky nodded. He watched as everyone else entered the sleeping quarters. He had a feeling that something was going to happen.

MEANWHILE

It was late in the night as the Waterburg Schoolboard had a meeting regarding what had happened to Gardevoir. She was hit with a powerful ominous wind while having little to no strength. She had to rest for a long time. The teachers were paranoid about Wildfire, as they set up camp in Shimmering Forest, which was very close to their schools. They saw the damage done to Gardevoir by their cofagrigus. They needed to drive out Wildfire.
"How many were sighted, Chesnaught?" A simipour asked.
"I remember about four." He replied.
"So who will be on the patrol to drive these ruffians out?" A Donphan asked.
A florges, who seemed to be the head of the schoolboard said. "I have sent Muk, Slyveon, Vikavolt, Marowak and Mawile to drive them out of the Shimmering Forest. If anything goes badly, the schools will be shut down for a while, is that clear?" The principals nodded. "Good, now go out." An alolan muk, slyveon, vikavolt, alolan marowak and mawile had left the door.

Masky was awake, looking around when suddenly they found five figures in the distance. They seemed angry. They approached him and the muk said. "You, take us to your leader now!"
Masky nodded. He went into a tent and out came an emboar wearing a heart pendant.
"What do you want?" He asked.
"We demand that you leave." a vikavolt said. "Or else we drive you out."
"Whoa whoa whoa," The emboar said. "Let me clear things up. First, you can't drive us out with that small of a group. I sent nineteen pokemon here, then I decided to bring everyone else." He took a breath. "Second, why do you want us to leave?"
A slyveon said "We represent the Waterburg Schoolboard, and you are a danger to our kids."
"Third." The emboar said. "We have a rule in our code of conduct saying that we don't hurt kids unless we have to. What made you think that we would hurt the kids?"
"What you've done to our gardevoir!" The mawile screamed. "She won't be teaching for a month at least because of you!" She pointed to Masky.
"It was an accident." The cofagrigus responded.
"Masky, try not to hurt bystanders with ominous wind, and we're sorry that we hurt your gardevoir." He reached into a bag. "Take these reviver seeds to make up for it."
The muk slapped them to the ground. "We don't want your seeds, we want you gone!" They fired off gunk shot, electro ball, fire blast, dazzling gleam and moonblast. Nathaniel brushed off the attacks with his arm. They were stunned.
"I didn't want it to end this way, but it has too. Know that you have brought this upon yourselves. Blast burn!" Nathaniel emitted a red aura from his body, then it became a fiery inferno that ingulfed the pokemon. They all fainted. Their team badges teleported them back to safety.

A florges looked at the pokemon return. "How did it go?"
The marrowak looked at her. "Bad-ly. That em-boar was s-trong. H-he did-n't fe-el a th-ing from o-our com-bined att-acks." He coughed. "H-e then d-efe-ate-d us a-ll wi-th o-ne bl-as-t bu-r-n. Do-n't g-o t-h-er-" He fainted.
The florges gasped. "You know what this means, no school until we understand more about this." The principals nodded.

Techno and Pixel were walking to school. "It's a beautiful day, don't you agree Pixel." Techno asked.
Pixel nodded. "It sure is." He noticed a crowd at the school. "What's going on?"
Techno shrugged. "I don't know, but we better see."

"Everyone." Bellossom said. "Due to an unknown and dangerous threat in Shimmering Forest, there will be no school."
"No school?" Techno asked. He went to Alex. "Did you hear that, Alex we're not having school?"

However, Alex wasn't there. Or anywhere in the vicinity, actually. Most of the teachers were standing up with Bellossom for the announcement, but Gallade seemed to be missing. Salazar was nowhere to be found, as well.

"Um Techno, that's not Alex." Pixel said. "That's a female riolu named Alexia."
The riolu saw them and said. "Wow, Marill Sue had been picking on you like a toothpick, huh?"
Techno asked her. "How did you know?"
Alexia said. "I saw her poison you. Don't worry, you have my support."
"Thanks." Techno said. He saw Hiro in the distance. "Hiro, did you hear that there's no school?"

"I don't know." Techno responded.
Bellossom said another announcement. "Everyone, you might have noticed Ms. Gardevoir and Mr. Gallade aren't here. That's because this threat hurt Ms. Gardevoir when she was low on energy. Mr. Gallade has been worried sick and is currently with her in the pokemon center. If you see a cofagrigus, rampardos, galvantula, klinklang or an emboar, call local authorities, as the threat is most likely them. They go by the name of Team Wildfire. Also, do not ever go into the Shimmering Forest, for they might attack you and you'll be hurt."
"This is a lot worse than I thought." Pixel responded. "Should we see her?"
"No." Techno said. "I know the feeling of having a hurt loved one. Mr. Gallade is going to be very anxious if anyone's near her, so we shouldn't see her unless we are invited by Mr. Gallade."
Pixel nodded.
"Hey, Alex is missing." Techno said.
"And Salazar." Pixel replied.
"I think we should look for them and tell them the news, what do you say, Hiro?" Techno asked

Rocky then came over to the group, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. He had a letter with him. "Salazar and Alex are away on a mission of sorts. Alex gave me this to give you guys, so you'd know he's alright."

"Ok." Techno replied. "So what should we do now?"
"What about these Wildfire characters." Pixel asked Techno. "Should we do a bit of research on them?"
"That sounds good." Techno said. "Off to my house we go!" The gang of pokemon were heading to Techno's house.

Rocky followed them. "Hold on. Here's the letter." he said, handing it off to Pixel. "I've got some business to take care of, so I'll see you guys around."
By this time, the crowd had dispersed. This was when Gallade came into the town. He saw Bellossom just getting down. "Hey, Bellossom. Sorry I had to pull one of my disappearing acts again. What happened while I was gone?"

The letter was full on, blowing in the wind. It seemed to have... different handwriting then anyone before in the islands... Most likely being the handwriting which humans have.

Hey, guys. You might not see me for a while, considering I'm with Salazar on a mission. I'll meet up with you guys some other time, but for now, you don't have to be worried. -From Alex

Bellossom looked at the gallade. "Hello, Gallade. You missed quite a bit of stuff. There is no school due to an unidentified threat in Shimmering Forest. The patrol the board sent to drive it out got defeated." She also responded. "Also, the day you came back from that journey, your sister..." She was looking for the right words. "was hurt by that threat when she was low on energy, as a result. She will be unconscious for a while." Bellossom waited for gallade's reaction.

Meanwhile:
"Welcome to my house!" Techno said. "Make yourselves comfy."
Pixel brought a computer. "We are doing some research, right?"
Techno nodded. He went to The Official Encyclopedia Of Rescue Teams. (or TOEORT) "They said they called themselves Wildfire, right?" He asked Pixel.
Pixel nodded and watched as Techno typed it into the search bar. A message came up saying "WARNING. HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL. PLEASE ENTER IN YOUR INFO HERE TO PROCEED."
Techno sighed. "I wasn't surprised." He said. "Pixel can you hack things?"
"Sure I can, master." Pixel responded. His eyes glowed red and the warning disappeared. It displayed this page.

"Team Wildfire is a former perfect rank rescue team that started out with only Nathaniel the tepig and Rianna the snivy. They were famous for destroying The Bittercold. Shortly after they evolved. The team then started to grow and grow. However, younger rescue teams overshadowed Wildfire. Because of this, they sent out this notice. 'We are going to suspend our team permanently. It was fun while the fire raged. -Nathaniel' They then just explored and discovered dungeons for a couple year time frame. However that all changed when-"

"WARNING, HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL. PLEASE-" The box was cut off when Pixel hacked it again.

"-when they found out about the Island Orbs and Shadow Force, who are a group who want to use the orbs for their personal gain. They started the resistance when they found out, composing of many rescue teams who's goal is to end the Shadow Force and their deeds." There was a member list but Techno didn't click it and instead closed the page.

"Wow, so what do you guys think of that?" Techno asked Hiro and Rocky.

"I don't really think it concerns us." Rocky said, shifting his paws nervously. "I mean, there are people that handle this sort of thing right? And if that's true, then Wildfire will take them down for us..."

"WHAT?!" Gallade shouted, grabbing Bellossom by the shoulders. "WHERE IS SHE?!"

Techno shook his head. "I don't think that it is as simple as that, Rocky. I think if they hired other rescue teams to assist them, then this 'Shadow Force' must have a lot in numbers. But still, it involves the Island Orbs, which involves you." Techno responded.

Bellossom was trying to calm Gallade down. "Calm down, she's resting at the pokemon center. She will be fine after a while." Bellossom thought to herself. I hope. "The pokemon center is over by Techno's house and the Cozy inn. Take a right turn and she'll be there, I think." The bellossom said.

Marill Sue was freaking out. "Where's Alex, WHERE'S ALEX?! THAT EVIL TEAM COULD HAVE GOT HIM!" She started sobbing.
"For Arceus' sake, he's on an adventure I heard from Techno." A koffing and a snorlax was near her.
"Wait a second, is Techno your friend?" Marill Sue asked them.
"Yeah he is, why?" The koffing spoke again.
"How dare you-" A shadow ball and sludge wave hit her.
"Social justice warrior divas these days." The snorlax muttered before leaving with the koffing.

"...uh..." Rocky said, nervously shaking his legs. "W-what do you mean this has got to do with me...?"

Gallade dashed off, wanting to get to his sister as soon as possible.

Techno looked at Rocky. "I saw your Island Orb, with the help of Pixel, we determined it was an Island Orb. You left it in the cafeteria. There's no running from me anymore, what is your connection with the Island Orbs?"
Pixel got up and locked and blocked the door. "Don't even think about it."

Meanwhile:
A koffing and a snorlax were walking when a gallade rushed past them. When he was long gone, the koffing asked. "Why was he in such a hurry?"
The snorlax responded. "I don't know, but he's faster than Pichu loosing her temper."
The koffing chuckled. "True enough."

Rocky became extremely serious, a dark shroud passing over his eyes. "...I'm sorry, but for the sake of our group's secrecy I can't tell you that. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this..."
Suddenly, an Absol smashed through the wall. Everyone native to the land recognized her as the Herald of Destruction, a dark figure that always showed up when a great disaster was near. The Absol grabbed Rocky by the neck fruff, and leapt out the way she had come. Another jump and the two were flying high in the sky.

Everywhere in the city, people saw the Herald of Destruction soar high into the air. Panic erupted among the civilians, and many people (including the school board) began making plans to try and stop whatever crisis was coming. However, none of them knew what the Absol's appearance meant...

"Hey, I payed 7000 poke for this house!" Techno screamed at the absol. All of the sudden, a group of salamence were pursuing the absol. "What the heck's going on here?"
"I don't know." Pixel said.

Meanwhile a cofagrigus was watching from a distance. "This is the Herald of Destruction, what is this pokemon up to now? Don't attack and get a look at it."
The salamence nodded. "Yes sir!"

(ooc: I gtg for the rest of the night, please don't start anything major.)

The Absol growled, firing off a Hyper Beam - not to injure the Salamence, but merely to dissuade them from pursuing. The Herald of Destruction dashed into a small cave that the large Salamence couldn't follow her into. She and Rocky vanished.
Inside the cave, however, the two wandered together through the tunnels for hours before eventually coming out at a large tree. The Tyranitar was waiting there.
"Took you two long enough."