• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Musicals + Question

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heyhey. I've recently started messing around with the Musicals stuff and I have a question about some info that's on various Pokemon websites. A number of websites say that the audience "may throw items onto the stage that you can keep depending on how well your Pokemon preforms" in the musical.

Now, I've done several performances thus far, and never once has anyone thrown an item onto the stage. Instead what's been happening is that after the show there might be a fan standing around who'll give me a new Prop as a gift. But yeah... that's after the show, and has nothing to do with random items.

Has anyone else gotten into the musicals? If so, any random items thrown onto the stage for you...? :X

Feel free to discuss the musicals in general, too. I personally find them strangely endearing, and they're a good little break from the standard gameplay. ^^

The item on the stage has never happened to me before (Though may I say my Scraggy is quite the elegant gentleman), but I have gotten lots of props from my adoring fans.

My favourite musical has to be Exciting Nimbassa, though I've never one on that one~

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I can't even determine who wins in the musicals. I like entering with Golurk and giving him the top hat or the wig though.

Yoshimitsu said:
I can't even determine who wins in the musicals.
The winner is the one who jumps in the picture, or the last one to get compliments. Anyway, This hasn't happened to me, but somehow I went from hating these, to being obsessed. THey're very fun

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Something tells me the info about items being thrown on stage was either a mistranslation from the original CoroCoro scans, or it didn't make it into the final version of the games. XD

Stam~ Shining Feather said:
Yoshimitsu said:
I can't even determine who wins in the musicals.
The winner is the one who jumps in the picture, or the last one to get compliments.

I was wondering this but couldn't find info to confirm it. Thanks much, Stam!

Also... Top hat + cane + black bowtie + square glasses = awesome. They look great on Dewott. ♥

Fyi - according to my BW guide, the musicals boost the happiness of your Pokemon a bit, so that's a nice plus for entering your Pokemon in 'em. :)

Well, one thing about the musical is I read you can unlock differant songs for the musicals; how? And also, once you do the musical loads of times, I aren't getting any props anymore. None the less, the musicals are fun. :3
EDIT: Normally, Pokemon can hold two items each. If you use Machamp, which has four arms, can it hold four items?

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Alexander Onyx said:
Well, one thing about the musical is I read you can unlock differant songs for the musicals; how?

Once the Global Link is up we should have the option of downloading new songs. As of now Japan has access to one extra, hopefully with many more to come.

A

Anonymous

Personally I like the musical but I noticed something:
That when a Pokemon that naturally carries around a certain object (for example a Timburr log or a Cubone bone) you cant place a hand item ,witch is neato. I say that cause It would be seeing a Conkeldurr carrying a giant concrete column and a football in the same hand. Plus timburr pulls of some pretty damn awesome moves with that log!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
=o

I hadn't even considered how Pokemon that naturally hold an item may act in the musicals. Now I'm really intrigued to see what Marowak would do! XD

What I really want to do, tho, is get the toy cutlass and shield and attach them to one of my Raichu. Too bad there's no Link-style cap. x3

You could use the red cap and pretend it is green. :p

Well, I like Musicals. It helps me with my timing and prediction of movements so I know when to shake my item(s). My Simipour seems to do really well at them, as he has two hands, a waist, and a head, unlike my Crustle.

Ummm... When I last checked the list of Props on Serebii, I'm pretty sure that I saw a Toy Sword...
Other than that, I'll be sure to check out Musicals as soon as I can. They do sound interesting, and since I liked Contests... I wonder, are Musicals somewhat similar to Contests? Could you help me..?

A

Anonymous

Sir Alexander Onyx said:
Well, one thing about the musical is I read you can unlock differant songs for the musicals; how? And also, once you do the musical loads of times, I aren't getting any props anymore. None the less, the musicals are fun. :3
EDIT: Normally, Pokemon can hold two items each. If you use Machamp, which has four arms, can it hold four items? (
I don't know about Machamp but with my Desukan ,I can only use props on his top two hands. Maybe the sames applies for the other 4-armed Pokemon (stares at Machamp and Graveler and Ledian )

Honestly, the only way I win musicals other than Stardom is covering every corner of my Pokemon with ribbons and flowers.

It ruins my dignity. :(

But add a cape and mask to Minun. It works. :)

My samurai otter has a shuriken <333
And a shield <333
And a sword <333
And a cape <333
I'm sorry if you still need any of the Props Linkachu, I'm just so happy now.
Since yesterday I've been playing like mad and I'm now stuck inside Musical Hall. And I just received Toy Sword and Rigid Shield <3333

A

Anonymous

Secad said:
What? There goes the fun I was planning with that Yamask evolution. :p
I know right? That does suck. but even with only two usable arms ,my Cofagrigus is still the deadly maid of death (I have a very demented way of thinking when it comes to dressing up pokemon ;) )

I make a chef out of my Serperior by adding the chef hat, the whisk, the frying pan, and either the bib or apron depending on my mood. I tend to do well in the Sweet Soiree song in that getup. I think my snooty Raja feels emasculated, though. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys... Anyone know why the man in Opelucid will no longer give me new props? He was giving them to me every day at first, but since I beat the main game he won't hand 'em over anymore. >=O

Linkachu said:
Hey guys... Anyone know why the man in Opelucid will no longer give me new props? He was giving them to me every day at first, but since I beat the main game he won't hand 'em over anymore. >=O

I have faced this problem as well. I think he gives you a set of Santa ho ho ho clothes, then he doesn't give you any more. But I have a bigger problem:
After you get loads of props, you don't get any more! Does anyone know why?

Odd, I still get props from him sometimes, and this is postgame. For the record though, I never got accesories from him before I beat N and Ghetsis since I didn't really care for the Musicals at that time.

[me=RX]is also upset that he managed to snag 20 accessories from non-stop musical-ing before his game crashed D':[/me]

I've checked some other sites and 100 is the maximum amount. You get some from special events, like a Cake on your birthday. Bulbapedia and Serebii are the other sites I use. In addition, your card changes color again when you get all the props.

As it turns out, the old man in Opelucid has now stopped giving me free accessories, probably because I have more than enough for the Musical now. If your Pokemon is the most popular of the four, you can get a maximum of Five accessories from your fans, and if you placed badly, you can probably get two or three, based on my experience.

Also Zekrom pulls off the maid look so well its frightening. The apron and doily just fit perfectly on it xD

OK. Im pretty much an expert on Musicals and I've gotten alot of my info mostly from Serebii.net

First of all: The reason why the man in Opelucid City doesnt give you props anymore is because he has given you every prop he can. Its not a glitch of any kind.

Second: The reason why people dont give you props anymore is because they have given you every normal prop you can earn. There are THREE more you can get from a old man on the second floor of the musical building. You have to meet these requirements:
[Keep in mind you dont have to do this in a specific order]

[EDIT]1. Get first place in every the four default Musicals. Then talk to the old man on second floor.
2. Do atleast ONE musical with a friend on infrared OR Wireless. Then talk to the same man.
3. Talk to the old man on the second floor on your Birthday. (This one is pretty easy, just change the date on your DS to your birthday).

And voila. Now that you have every prop you have earned a new star/color for your card.

The 5th Musical is downloadable when the global link website comes up. It is known as "Attract Munna".

Also, the info 'People throw props to your pokemon on the stage.' is probably a mistake. YOUR pokemon throw props to the audience for appeals and a higher rate at winning. Dont worry, you still keep your props.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sparky Kitsune said:
First of all: The reason why the man in Opelucid City doesnt give you props anymore is because he has given you every prop he can. Its not a glitch of any kind.

This is wrong. Serebii is not right on this one and thus has confused many people *fistshakes*. I don't have all of the props I can receive, far from it actually, so yeah.

I think the Santa outfit collection is the correct answer, and not that this fellow simply gives you a new prop each day.

Thank you, Sparky. I wasn't sure on where to get these props from. Now, I just have to get my little sister to Nimbasa already...