• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Monotype Championship~

Which region should this Roleplay take place in

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

• Hoenn

• Sinnoh

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Unova

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Kalos

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Alola

• Total voters
Author's Note~
Hey! My name is Auro45 and I am the creator of this RP. I am new to Pokecharms and I think this RP might have been done before, but I just wanted to start my own roleplay. This is a going to be a tournament of trainers who specialize with a certain type of pokemon. There will be a total of 17 spots available (One for each type, excluding the one I am going to pick). You may be able to choose another type team if you like, but only if not enough people join (Which will probably happen from what I've seen) I am not exactly sure how this competition will happen. Feel free to tell me ideas of improvement to make this Roleplay better.

Rules (Must Read)

• Follow the roleplay guidelines please.
  • One type only, not more than one. An example is a Electric team of Jolteon(Electric), Vikavolt(Bug/Electric), and Luxray(Electric).
  • No megas please, Even if you are allowed to use one, It wouldn't be fair for everyone else who can't use one
  • I am not allowing shiny pokemon unless you explain why they are and "Just because he found it" is not a valid reason
  • No Fakemon allowed in this Roleplay, sorry or mixes of Pokemon or Pokefusions.
  • No using more than one of a pokemon (For example, don't use 6 Charizards and call it a Fire Team)
  • We will be using 6 Pokemon, no more and no less
  • No Legendary Pokemon and/or Ultra Beasts
  • Pseudo Legendary Pokemon are allowed, but please don't have a full team of them (For example, A team of Dragons with Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydregion, Goodra, and Kommo-o)
  • Be Nice to one another, don't make fun of people when they lose, it's rude
  • No Mini-Modding. I have seen many people get in trouble for that. If someone is disobeying the rules, just report it.
  • If you need to talk to me one-on-one, just send me a private message. I will try to get back to you as fast as I can
  • In the roleplay, please no one liners. I at least want a decent paragraph (3 sentences minimum)
  • I will not start the roleplay until at least 7 people have joined.
  • If you have read the rules, Put "Neptune" in the "Other" Part of your character bio
Types

Normal-

Fire- @Hotshot14380

Fighting-

Water- @Auro45 (Me)

Flying-

Grass-

Poison-

Electric- @Daffodile Daily

Ground-

Psychic- @MarauderLocke

Rock-

Ice-

Bug-

Dragon-

Ghost-

Dark- @Ry_Burst

Steel-

Fairy-

Trainer Bio~

Name:

Trainer Class: (Not Necessary)

Physical Appearance:

Clothing:

Accessories:

Personality:

Goal(s):

Region of Origin:

Type: (What is your character's specialty type?)

Backstory: (Not necessary, but I would prefer if you did one. It doesn't have to be that long)

Other:

Pokemon Bio~

Nickname: (Not Necessary)

Species:

Typing:

Physical Appearance:

Nature:

Personality:

Ability:

Moveset:

Item:

My Character~

Name:Carrie Walton

Trainer Class:Vaporeon User/Ace Trainer

Physical Appearance:

Carrie is rather short for her age, being around 154cm or 5’1. She is also on the chubby side, weighing in at about 65kg or 145 pounds. Despite her weight, she doesn’t let her stop her. Her legs are actually quite muscular for her weight due to her love of swimming. Carrie herself has fair white skin with a bit of a tan tint to it. Her eyes are large, and are a deep chocolate brown. She has some freckles surrounding her nose. Her hair is also a deep chocolate brown and is slightly wavy that gets waiver when wet. Her hair is generally worn loose unless she is in a battle or swimming, then she puts it in a ponytail.

Clothing:

When it comes to style, Carrie cares more about comfortability rather than style, but her clothes are somewhat stylish. Carrie wears a simple white tank top with a lacy bottom. Over her tank top she wears a light blue cardigan. Underneath that she wears light blue jean shorts with beige flipflops.

Accessories:

Carrie has a white shoulder bag with a raindrop symbol on the front of it. Inside are various pokeballs, including her teams, and other important stuff like money and swimming goggles.

Carrie also wears a silver necklace with a wave charm in the middle of it.

Personality:

Carrie is a very easy going girl, generally just going with the flow. She is also very sweet towards other people, something she was to be at a young age. But when she is in battle, she becomes a whole new person. Carrie become confident and outgoing, something she thought she would never be. She will not be mean or rude to you though unless you hurt her love ones or make fun of her weight, something she is rather sensitive about.

Goal(s): To become the best Water type user in all of Hoenn and the entire world or to become one of the most powerful elite four members in Hoenn, her home region.

Region of Origin:Hoenn

Type: Water

Backstory:

All her life Carrie grew up with the sea. She was from Lilycove City after all. Her first memories of where her grandparents teaching her how to walk by the oceanside.(Her parents died when she was a infant from a horrid accident)For as long as Carrie could remember, she loved the sea, the waves, the sounds, the Wingulls, okay not them but everything else she did. During childhood Carrie loved to swim. She always felt like that was the only thing she was good at. She was often bullied by the other island kids for being a nerd and for being fat. This often made her sad and she would run home crying to her grandparents most days. But that didn’t stop her from doing what she loved to do, and that was swimming

When Carrie was 10, She received her first pokemon. This was Mudkip egg she had gotten from Professor Birch. She nicknamed the small Pokemon Neptune. Though she had her pokemon, she wasn’t really interested in beating the Pokemon gyms like other kids. She just wanted a team full of powerful water types to show off how strong they were. So after she finished her third gym she vowed to herself to become the best water type user in the world.

Other:Neptune~

Her Team~

Pokemon 1

Nickname:Neptune

Species:Swampert

Typing:Water/Ground

Physical Appearance:

Neptune is a normal Swampert in appearance, but he is slightly taller

Nature:Quirky

Personality:

Neptune is a very quiet Pokemon. He loves to observe other Pokemon and his surroundings. But does show his personality He a fun loving Pokemon who is pretty much a gentle giant. He loves to play and joke around with others.

Ability:Torrent

Moveset:

• Earthquake
  • Ice Punch
  • Waterfall
  • Power Up Punch

Item:Expert Belt

Pokemon 2

Nickname: Mira

Species:Vaporeon

Physical Appearance:

Mira is a normal Vaporeon in appearance.

Nature:Modest

Personality:

Out of all of Carrie’s Pokemon, Mira is the sweetest of the bunch, even though Bay and Neptune are sweet also. Mira is very motherly like, caring for other likes her own children, though she is the youngest of them all. Mira can also be very aggressive when someone she loves is threatened or hurt by someone else. Mira is very protective of Carrie and her teammates so others might find her rude, but she means no harm.

Ability:Water Absorb

Moveset:

• Aqua Ring
  • Ice Beam
  • Scald
  • Acid Armor

Item:Leftovers

Pokemon 3

Nickname:Bay

Species:Azumarill

Physical Appearance:

Bay is a normal Azumarill in appearance.

Nature:Jolly

Personality:

Bay is probably one of the happiest pokemon in the world. Generally, Bay is always has grin on her face and is a cheerful as can be. Bay also never really seems to worry in battle, even if she knows she is weak against her opponent. Bay is carefree, optimistic, and friendly to all. But she can be a bit of an airhead at times.

Ability:Huge Power

Moveset:

• Aqua Jet
  • Waterfall
  • Play Rough
  • Knock Off

Item:Choice Band

Pokemon 4

Nickname: Delta

Species:Gyarados

Physical Appearance:

Delta is a normal Gyarados in appearance.

Nature:Adamant

Personality:

Delta, like most Gyarados are aggressive, and Delta is definitely not an exception. Delta is very competitive and loves to battle others. Delta is extremely headstrong and isn't afraid to take on anything or anyone.

Ability:Intimidate

Moveset:

• Crunch
  • Waterfall
  • Dragon Dance
  • Taunt

Item:Lum Berry

Pokemon 5

Nickname: Cascade

Species:Milotic

Physical Appearance:

Cascade is a normal Milotic in appearance.

Nature:Bold

Personality:

Milotic are beautiful Pokemon. They introduced the beauty aspect of Pokemon Contest. But Cacade takes this to a whole new level. Cascade believes she is the most beautiful thing that has ever been on this earth, despite her looking exactly like every other non-shiny Milotic. Cascade is extremely prideful in her looks as well as her abilities in battle. She is extremely confident and isn’t afraid to hide it. Cascade does have a bit of a soft side though for those pokemon who are weak and cannot fend for themselves.

Ability:Marvel Scale

Moveset:

• Scald
  • Ice Beam
  • Haze
  • Recover

Item:Focus Sash

Pokemon 6

Nickname:Bob

Species:Slowbro

Physical Appearance:
Bob is a normal Slowbro in appearance

Nature:Calm

Personality:

Oh boy, where do we begin with Bob. Bob is well, obvious to pretty much everything, like every Slowbro.He doesn’t really display much personality other than the occasional “Slow” when he is in battle, which Carrie interprets as he is ready to battle. But he is super sweet to Carrie, often just following her around when he is out of his pokeball, like a little duckling. He also really enjoys eating food and has an appetite of a full grown Male Snorlax.

Ability:Oblivious

Moveset:

• Scald
  • Calm Mind
  • Psyshock
  • Slack Off

Item:Leftovers

Last edited:
Hiya~
So, this looks like fun! Buuut, I don't have the time to fill out the sheet right this second. However, I'd love to join in on this with a Psychic-Type team! Sooo, I'll try to get it done today, sounds good? /)^u^(\

Alright, alright, ALRIGHT! That took a while, but I'm very happy with the result!
A fair warning though, it's quite a read. /)"^~^ (\

Name: Nora Rodberg
Trainer Class: Ruin Maniac
Type: Psychic-Type

Physical Appearance:
Nora is a strong, rather muscular woman with a good posture and Straight Body Type. Standing roughly 166 cm tall and weighing a little over 65 kg. ( 5’5” and 144 pounds. ) Her muscular physique and overall fitness mainly come from her being an archeologist as well as a ‘professional adventurer’. The secondary title being a self-given one.
Nora’s occupation causes her to be outside in the sun for most of the day, which is keeping her natural, fair white skin in a perpetually tanned state. She has friendly and lively eyes, which have a strong yellowish/golden and russet/coppery tint. In short; Inviting, amber-colored eyes. Nora’s hair is a dusty black and generally worn loose. She prefers to a rather short bobcut, reaching a few inches below the nape of her neck.

Clothing:
Nora has absolutely no sense for fashion and mainly just walks around in her work-attire. Sporting a dark-brown colored tanktop with golden, vertically dotted lines printed on it every few inches. When it gets too cold to walk around in just a tanktop she puts her faded-grey, long-sleeved shirt over the tanktop, but most of the time that shirt is wrapped around her waist with the sleeves tied together. Nora’s pants are nearly the same color as the shirt around her waist, which is indicates that it belongs to the same attire, her working-attire. Her pants have both knee- and shin guards attached to it. These guards are made from foam-padding covered with metallic-black plates, protecting her legs from harm. The protective nature of her attire continues with her boots as well, as she is wearing dark-brown work boots with metal noses.

Accessories:
Along with the shirt around her waist, there’s also some kind of utility belt she uses instead of a backpack. On this belt are four small- to medium-sized bags, containing Pokémon related items such as potions and poffins, but also six slots for her Pokéballs and a metal ring from which hangs an old, dusty, metal lantern.
Around her neck she wears two things, the first being a pair of old and beaten-up dust goggles. The second object being a red scarf with a golden motif depicting a plant’s leafs and branches. Nora uses this scarf along with the goggles to protect her mouth, nose and eyes from the dust that often hangs around her workplace.

Personality:

Nora is very much an open book, once you get to know her it’s remarkably easy to see what she likes and what she dislikes. She’s tends to place honestly above all else and thinks proper communication and trust are the most important aspects to any type of relationship, be it lovers, friends or just co-workers. This isn’t always a good thing though. While it is undoubtedly pleasant to have someone around who places being truthful above all else, it can also become a problem when it’s taken too far. Nora can be brutally honest at times, which has caused some hurt feelings in the past. She doesn’t mean to hurt anyone, however. In fact, she’s probably one of the kinder, more supportive individuals you’ll come across, even if she can be a bit blunt.

Nora is an archeologist and, needless to say, is fascinated with everything ancient. History and exploration are two of her biggest passions, and as such one of the best ways to become friends with her is traveling together, exploring the mysteries of the world around you. There is however one thing she will always put above her other passions, and that is Pokémon, Psychic-Types to be exact. That particular type is just infinitely more fascinating to her than any other type and is the main reason her team consists of nothing but Psychic-Types.

Goal(s):
Nora doesn’t really dream all that big, nor does she desire to become the ‘very best, like no one ever was’ for that matter. No, for Nora it’s about creating a closer bond to her own Pokémon as well as meeting new and interesting people.

Region of Origin:
Sinnoh, Oreburgh City
Backstory:
Nora never really set out to become a Pokémon Trainer in the first place. It wasn’t until she was around the age of eighteen ( 18 ) that a Pokémon, more or less, chose her. She had been working with a small team of archeologists to determine whether or not a rather unusual rock formation found within the Oreburgh Mine was in fact a fossil or just, well, unusual. It turned out to be a fossil, but when it was removed from the rock it caused the mineshaft to cave in, separating Nora from her co-workers. Wandering around in the dark tunnels she eventually heard a sound, almost like a bell.

Thinking it had to be someone that was looking for her she followed after the sound and it guided her through the tunnels until she eventually reached an exit. Walking out into the light of day she looked around, wanting to thank her savior. Realizing there was nobody there she stood around, confused about who or what had guided her, until she heard the same familiar ring. Turning around she found herself eye-to-eye with her savior, a Chimecho. The Pokémon had guided her out of the tunnels and from that day forth they were impossible to separate.

Chimecho was her exploration partner and together they traveled to world, searching for forgotten ruins and mysterious caves. While they did find a lot of noteworthy discoveries, they did find Pokémon who had claimed those ruins as their home. While most of them preferred to stay within the ruins, there were Pokémon who wanted to join Nora on her travels. Which is how she eventually gain a full roster of Pokémon, each and every one of them a close friend to her and each other.

Other:
Neptune
Nickname: Jiku
Species:
Chimecho, the Wind Chime Pokémon
Typing:
Psychic

Physical Appearance:

Standard, no oddities

Nature:
Bold
Personality:

Jiku is pretty much the ‘tour-guide’ for the entire group, including her trainer. She helps Nora get back on track when she gets sidetracked and loses her way, wherever she is. Be it an unexplored cavern or busy city. Jiku has a perfect sense of direction and often acts as Nora’s quote-unquote ‘map’. She does tend to lead the group in the wrong direction when she’s feeling mischievous, however.

Jiku, being the Wind Chime Pokémon, like music quite a lot and often ‘sings’ together with Tienro, Nora’s Bronzong. The harmony between the two isn’t perfect, given that Jiku’s gentle chime is far, far softer than the large bell-like Pokémon’s toll. Despite the lack of harmony between the sounds, Jiku still enjoys the little musical sessions the two have together.

Ability: Levitate
Moveset:

- Heal Bell
- Heal Pulse
- Psywave
- Wish

Item:
Shell Bell

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nickname: Tienro
Species:
Bronzong, the Bronze Bell Pokémon
Typing:
Steel, Psychic

Physical Appearance:

Standard, no oddities

Nature:
Careful
Personality:

Tienro is the largest Pokémon in Nora’s roster, being the Bronze Bell Pokémon. So, being a large, at least somewhat intimidating, Pokémon, you’d expect Tienro to show a little more confidence. Nope! Tienro, despite what appearance might suggest, is rather shy as well as a huge scaredy-cat. Especially when it comes to Poison-Type Pokémon, a typing Tienro is immune to! So, no, Tienro isn’t the smartest tool in the shed.

Despite his shy and introvert nature, Tienro is very open towards Nora and the rest of her team, especially Jiku. If there’s one thing Tienro thoroughly enjoys, it’s ‘singing’ along with Jiku’s music. Even if the harmony between Jiku’s chiming and Tienro’s toll isn’t ideal, to say the least.

Ability:
Levitate
Moveset:
- Ancient Power
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Secret Power

Item: Assault Vest

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nickname: Ebaster
Species:
Beheeyem, the Cerebral Pokémon
Typing:
Psychic

Physical Appearance:

Standard, no oddities

Nature:
Quiet
Personality:

Ebaster is quiet and reserved most of the time, but also serves as the ‘brains of the operation’ when Nora isn’t in around. He knows his fellow teammates very well, possibly better than Nora, and often helps out with battle tactics. Taking into account both the strengths and shortcomings of each individual teammate, Nora owes at least some of her wins solely to the guidance of Ebaster.

Of all his fellow Pokémon, Ebaster prefers to hang around with Haslett, Nora’s Claydol, as they both prefer their peace and quiet over the loudness of Jiku and Tienro’s musical sessions. That, and Haslett tends to look up to Ebaster for his intelligence and leadership.

Ability:
Analytic
Moveset:

- Charge Beam
- Cosmic Power
- Dark Pulse
- Simple Beam

Item:
Zoom Lens

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nickname: Haslett
Species:
Claydol, the Clay Doll Pokémon
Typing:
Ground, Psychic

Physical Appearance:

Standard, no oddities

Nature:
Relaxed
Personality:

Haslett is, similar to Ebaster, a very intelligent Pokémon, but unlike Ebaster, Haslett is rather lazy. Preferring to let others do the work and only really coming to action when all the other options have failed. When Haslett does come to action however, it’s usually because either Nora or a fellow teammate is in danger. Though it doesn’t always show, Haslett is prepared to take any kind of abuse for the sake of protecting friends.

Haslett prefers to stay around Ebaster, following him around like a duckling follows its mother. If he were female, Haslett would probably be fit for the title ‘fangirl’, but since that isn’t the case, it doesn’t really apply. Though it describes it well, Haslett admires Ebaster for his intelligence and leadership and wants nothing more than to be acknowledged by Ebaster for his own intelligence. Notice me senpai!

Ability:
Levitate
Moveset:

- Cosmic Power
- Double Team
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Item: Bright Powder

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nickname: Gazina
Species:
Xatu, the Mystic Pokémon
Typing:
Psychic, Flying

Physical Appearance:

Standard, no oddities

Nature:
Hasty
Personality:

Gazina is the one who stands first in line when there’s Pokémon battles to be had. She’s fast and very capable of pinpointing weaknesses in her opponents, often making quick work of battles by striking hard and fast. This reckless behavior comes at a price however, as Gazina doesn’t know when to quit, even if she’s clearly outclassed. She’s reckless, self-confident and somewhat arrogant at times, but loyal to a fault.

Gazina is pretty much a confrontation magnet with her self-confidence and competitive nature, which doesn’t always end well. Bruises and ruffled feathers are a common occurrence, which makes her the main concern of the worrywart of the group, Bassett, Nora’s Sigilyph, who is still attempting to convince Gazina to ‘take it down a notch’.

Ability: Magic Bounce
Moveset:
- Air Cutter
- Air Slash
- Baton Pass
- Psych Up

Item: Scope Lens

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nickname: Bassett
Species:
Sigilyph, the Avianoid Pokémon
Typing:
Psychic, Flying

Physical Appearance:

Standard, no oddities

Nature:
Calm
Personality:

Bassett might seem calm and collected on the outside, but I can assure you that’s only a façade. In fact, Bassett is probably the biggest worrywart you’ll ever come across. He’s simply incapable of taking it easy and/or feeling even somewhat relaxed. This compulsive ‘desire’ to protect everyone makes his seem very competitive as he’s one of the first Pokémon of Nora’s team, along with Gazina, to step up to the plate when there’s a battle to be had.

However, unlike Gazina, who’s just overly competitive, Bassett doesn’t have any desire to fight and only wants to be send out first so he can attempt to end the battle before the others have to put themselves in danger. Though, Bassett often fails in this regard as he isn’t as strong an attacker as Gazina is.

Ability: Tinted Lens
Moveset:

- Icy Wind
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psywave

Item: Focus Sash

Can I Join?

Trainer Card for quick reference:
https://pokecharms.com/trainer-cards/lexi-smith.376275/

Name: Lexi Smith
Trainer Class: Triathlete(specialized electric)

Physical Appearance: She has blonde hair tied up in a ponytail. Average height and very fit from regular training. Blue eyes.
Clothing: She always wears a black and yellow track suit.
Accessories: A simple, black drawstring backpack.
Personality: Very lifestyle driven, obsessed with electric type Pokémon. A little socially awkward.
Goal(s): To be a Master Electric Type Trainer
Region of Origin: Nimbasa City, Unova

Type: Electric

Backstory: Lexi comes from a family of Triathletes and has been hanging around powerful electric types at the cycling track since she was in diapers. She did well in her races growing up and as she kept an intense training regimen, her beloved electric pokémon grew strong with her. Eventually building a full party of six, Lexi hoped that soon she would be competing in a Monotype Championship.

Other: Neptune

Pokémon Bio~

Nickname: Switch
Species: Luxray
Typing: Electric
Physical Appearance: Noticeably larger than most other Luxray at a solid 5' and weighing 100lbs.
Nature: Rash
Personality: Considers himself a team captain. Like his trainer he is very lifestyle oriented, always ready to train.

Ability: Rivalry
Moves: Discharge, Fire Fang, Electric Terrain, Night Slash
Item: Lum Berry

Nickname: Rocket
Species: Emolga
Physical Appearance: An averaged sized Emolga
Nature: Hasty
Personality: A tag-a-long, always at Switch's shoulder ready to help. Extremely hyper.

Ability: Static
Moves: Acrobatics, Volt Switch, Thunder, Iron Tail
Item: None

Nickname: Volta
Species: Electivire
Physical Appearance: Slightly more slender than the average Electivire.
Nature: Bashful
Personality: Very shy and dependent on her teammates. She becomes more lively if she gets the opportunity to dance.

Ability: Motor Drive
Moves: Volt Switch, Thunder, Ice Punch, Rain Dance
Item: Damp Rock

Nickname: Sassy
Species: Lanturn
Typing: Electric - Water
Physical Appearance: Full grown, just under 50 lbs.
Nature: Sassy
Personality: It's no shocker, she's sassy. Passionate about her team and wants nothing to do with any other pokémon. Loves food.

Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Soak, Stockpile, Spit-up, Swallow
Item: Leftovers

Nickname: Tank
Species: Magnezone
Typing: Electric - Steel
Physical Appearance: Keeps himself extra shiny.
Nature: Quiet
Personality: Quiet and passive but a meticulous neat freak when it comes to personal hygiene.

Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Sunny Day, Tri Attack, Lock-on, Explosion
Item: Eject Button

Nickname: Bonnie
Species: Galvantula
Typing: Electric - Bug
Physical Appearance: Average looking Galvantula
Nature: Mild
Personality: Never overly happy or sad. Always does what she's asked.

Ability: Compound Eyes
Moves: Sticky Web, Gastro Acid, Bug Buzz, Volt Switch
Item: Silver Powder

Last edited:
Hi there, could I take fire plz, I'm doing my card right now, just wanted to make sure fire don't get snagged :p

Name: Zack Hunter

Trainer Class: Ace Trainer

Physical Appearance: He has red-orange hair, light tanned skin, late teenage hieght, skinny but in shape.

Clothing: Always wearing his white sports glasses and gloves, usually wearing a red or orange shirt, and the opposite colored shorts, and always wears his dark red sneakers

Accessories: His white glasses with orange lenses, orange sports gloves, and his small red ruby that dangles in his pocket.

Personality: Nice and friendly, somewhat shy around new people, a determined trainer, close to his pokemon, brave and ready for anything.

Goal(s): To become as close as possible with his pokemon, and to someday become a champion.

Region of Origin: Kanto

Type: Fire

Backstory: Grown up is Fuchsia City, Zack always wanted to grow up to become a great pokemon trainer, like the ones he saw on TV. He went through all of the regions in a matter of years, and returned to Kanto afterwards, occasionally visiting other regions. He wanted to be a hero, and a trainer close to his pokemon, even today, when he doesn't use all fire types, he trains day and night to get stronger and closer with his pokemon. He never lets his pokemon train alone, climbing trees with them, training in the gym, swimming, and everything his pokemon is expected to do. He even goes as far as to let his pokemon use moves on him to not hold back. He also is a part time singer. :p

Other: Neptune

Pokemon Bio~

Nickname: Torch

Species: Charizard

Typing: Fire - Flying

Physical Appearance: Bigger and more beat up looking with scars, and faded bruises dotted around his body, due to intense battles from it's past.

Nature: Modest

Personality: Very serious and well strategized in battle, very fast and quick to react. Off the field he is really just a big sweetheart towards it's master.

Ability: Blaze

Moveset: Flamethrower, Fire Punch, Air Slash, Dragon Pulse

Item: Charcoal

Nickname: Hotshot

Species: Magmortar

Typing: Fire

Physical Appearance: A bit more intimidating that normal magmortar, being a bigger size, and a very bulky looking pokemon.

Nature: Modest

Personality: A tough nut to crack on field, almost never misses a long distance attack, hence his name, likes to fight with others, but only strong ones, and off the battlefield, he is very protective of his trainer.

Ability: Flame Body

Moveset: Flame Burst, Lava Plume, Thunder Punch, Brick Break

Nickname: Volcanion

Species: Camerupt

Typing: Fire - Ground

Physical Appearance: Longer hair on it's body, more eruptive volcanoes, and wild eyes

Nature: Sassy

Personality: While he seems quite aggressive, Volcanion is actually very patient and plants well timed movements, even for it's low speed.

Ability: Solid Rock

Moveset: Earthquake, Sunny Day, Eruption, Earth Power

Nickname: Boomer

Species: Houndoom

Typing: Fire - Dark

Physical Appearance: No differences from normal looking houndoom

Nature: Lonely

Personality: Boomer often feels alone on the team due to it always hiding in the shadow's while everyone else goes out to play, but sometimes Bulb hangs out with him, making him feel better.

Ability: Early Bird

Moveset: Dark Pulse, Crunch, Solarbeam, Fire Blast

Item: Dread Plate

Nickname: Bulb

Species: Chandelure

Typing: Fire - Ghost

Physical Appearance: The flames in Bulb grow brighter than normal in battle, and tone down in sad moments.

Personality: Likes to be around other Pokemon, which is why it doesn't hang out with Boomer more often. Very cocky in battle, but that is what makes it so good.

Ability: Flash Fire

Moveset: Will o' Wisp, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Overheat

Item: Spell Tag

Nickname: Shellie

Species: Turtonator

Typing: Fire - Dragon

Physical Appearance: While looking like a male, Shellie has female like features, like a designed shield, and even a bow hanging from it's head shield

Nature: Calm

Personality: As it's nature states, Shellie is a very calm Pokemon, which doesn't mean she won't get fired up in a battle!

Ability: Shell Armour

Moveset: Dragon Tail, Protect, Flash Cannon, Shell Trap

Last edited:
Here is my info, and this took a while. Phew.
Name: Grant Price
Trainer Class: Ace Trainer/ Roughneck
Physical Appearance: Grant has pale white skin, with dark hazel eyes. His face is thin abd his hair is cut short and chopy, and is an oily black. He is tall an lanky, standing at about 6'3" but weighing only 153 lbs. He is thin, and when he is bare chested you can see his ribs. He had a very creepy, and eerie look to him.
Clothing: His fashion sense is very mellow. He wears dark colors mostly. He wears a dark grey t-shirt with a tattered black leather jacket over it, that is a few sizes too big. He wears black jeans that are baggy, and beat up, black sneakers.
Accesories: Grant has a dark brown belt around his waist, and he wears a brown leather bag over his shoulder as a way to carry things. He keeps a pair of black aviator sunglasses in his jacket pocket. Along his belt are his Pokemon which are kept all in Dusk Balls.
Personality: He is a very odd fellow, who is a trickster. He often plays cruel and mean pranks, leaving people to belive he is a bit insane. He giggles alot, mainly to himself, and seems to have two personalities. When battling he seems a bit insane, giggling and random times, while outside of battles he is cold, distant, and seems to be constantly planning something. He is practically insane in his own right.
Goal: Become the best. This is code word for he has no plan and only wants to battle.
Region of Origin: Hoenn
Type: Dark
Backstory: Grant's childhood, was very unnerving. He was raised by a rich Hoenn family, who seemed to not care for him. He was switched from nanny to nanny, who all be seemed to be offputed by his odd personality. Yes, he seemed to have this odd mixture of sanity and insanity, at a young age. Nannies described him as devious, evil, selfish, and a few more religious ones called him demon child, and evil. He let none of these phrases bug him, and continued to do what he pleased. On his 10th birthday, happy to be rid of him, gave him a Poocheyena, a great deal of money and supplies, and sent him off. They never saw him again. He spent the next year, training exclusively dark type Pokemon, to better work with the ways he was treated and his personality.
Extra: Neptune

Nickname: Axel
Species: Mightyena
Typing: Dark
Physical Appearance: Axel is lankier than the average Mightyena, and across his left eye is a pale scar, from a fight. On his forehead is a pair of sunglasses that he received as a Poochyena and refuses to remove them. They are the item, Black Glasses.
Personally: Axel is very quick, and heavily relies in his speed. However if given the chance, he will willingly torture his opponents, and try to attack them physically and mentally.
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
Sand Attack
Scary Face
Crunch
Dark Pulse

Held Item: Black Glasses

---

Nickname: Shade
Species: Sableye
Typing: Dark/Ghost
Physical Appearance: An average Sableye.
Personality: Shade is a trickster who loves to pull pranks. She is vain, and likes to treat other trainers and their pokemon, like they are below her.
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset:
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Poison Jab
Toxic
Held Item: N/A

---

Nickname: Sensei
Species: Shiftry
Typing: Grass/Dark
Physical Appearance: Wears a Miracle Seed necklace.
Nature: Naive
Personality: Very gruff, and cold. He acts ignorant and is very disobedient to everyone except Grant. However he demands respect from everyone.
Ability: Early Bird
Moveset:
Nasty Plot
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm
Brutal Swing

Held Item: Miracle Seed

---

Nickname: Betty
Species: Crawdaunt
Typing: Water/Dark
Physical Appearance: Wears a Mystic Water Necklace.
Nature: Adamant
Personality: Quiet, and doesn't show much emotions. Very cold, and off putting.
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Moveset:
Crabhammer
Swords Dance
Crunch
Rock Slide

Held Item: Mysitc Water

---

Nickname: Hades
Species: Houndoom
Typing: Fire/Dark
Physical Appearance: He wears a charcoal pendant.
Personality: Fierce and Loyal. He only listens to Grant.
Ability: Flash Fire
Moveset:
Inferno
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Thunder Fang

Held Item: Charcoal

---

Nickname: Sarge
Species: Bisharp
Typing: Dark/Steel
Physical Appearance: Average Bisharp
Nature: Serious
Personality: Very cool, and collected ,which is unusual for a Pokemon Grant, owns. He acts like acts leader, and is merciless in battle.
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
Iron Head
Night Slash
Brick Break
Swords Dance

• Held Item: N/A

I have been super busy, sorry. All of you are accepted!
Also I will start the roleplay when three other users join~

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation as some of the others above, in that I don't have time to join another rp at the moment. So I'll just post here to show that I'm very interested in the concept and would like to reserve the Poison type of possible.