• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Minor League

Today is the day, the day that the graduating class of the Ferebore region gets to set out on their adventures. But one major hurdle stands in their way, the Ferebore Minor League. The Graduating class and any other adults are sent to the 4 corners of the Ferebore region, Starting from Lendinbok village, to Cefofore Town, to Charloc City, to Vinerio City, to Wavento city and finally back to Lendinbok, where the final Tournament will be held. Dom, his partner pokemon Lickitung, and a mysterious egg step out into the world to get ready to embark on a glorious journey!

Dom woke up, energized and ready to go. "Lickitung! Come on out!" He said, throwing the pokeball out. The Lickitung yawned, and it too became energized. The two locked eyes and the butt heads. "Alright Lickitung, todays the day we leave this town!" Dom yelled, throwing on his shirt. "And Hopefully, the island" He said, looking up at the sky from his window. They ran downstairs and out the door, but whats this? An egg was propped up by his mailbox. Along with a note. "Hello, I was passing by and my partner, lucario, felt a strong aura in this house, so young trainer, im entrusting you with this egg." Dom read out loud. "Licki?" Lickitung said, curious of the egg. He reached down and touched the egg, it was warm, but still. "Seems like its still got a while, why dont we bring it with us Lickitung?" He said, picking up the egg. The pokemon seemed overjoyed with the news that it would get a new friend. Dom and Lickitung walked to the town square, where his father, the chief and champion of the region was preparing to give a speech to the participants in the minor league. "People of Ferebore, today you set out on the journey that can give you an opportunity for greatness. This year, 10 participants will be allowed to join the Kalos League, as long as they reach the top 10 in the tournament. Otherwise, the rest of the participants can battle for the Chapion Title of Ferebore, but me and Goodra will not go easy on you!" He laughed. "You may now all hold out your hand, you will receive a badge case for this years league." He said. Dom held his hand out and a minior flew up and handed him one. Soon the sky was full of minior, and everyone had a badge case. "You may now go out on your adventure, I hope you stocked up on pokeballs and potions, because this years cheifs are, Norman of Cefofore town, Cindina of Charloc town, Leava of Vinerio town, and Finally, Crash of Wavento town. Now participants, you are free to go!"

Last edited:
Devon walked up and held out a hand for his badge case. One of the green Miniors flew down and handed him one. "Buwu Bopopo!" His Drifloon, Raymond, was flying around the air in excitement. Devon took the badge case and went off, Raymond following him.

"Hey look, a Drifloon! A Lucario! Even a different color Magikarp! So many pokemon, I cant wait to catch more!" Dom said. Dom, accompanied by lickitung and the egg, ran onto beginners path. "Look! A Pidgey and a Starly! Lickitung use tackle!" Dom said. Lickitung tackled both of the pokemon and they both fainted. "Go, Pokeballs!" Dom said, throwing two at the birds. 1... 2.... 3....... Captured! "Woooow! Two new friends!! Lets catch some more!" Dom said. After a few more captures, and some failed attempts, Dom caught Pidgey, Starly, Fletchling, Paras, and Dunsparce. "Lickitung Look!" Dom whispered. The peaked behind a bush and saw some trainers ganging up on a gastly. "Litleo, use ember! Mudkip! Use water gun! Bellsprout! Use razor leaf!" They were all already heading towards that gastly, but Dom jumped in front, taking the attacks head on. "Its not at all like a good pokemon trainer to gang up on a pokemon! Its an insult to you and your pokemon to think you dont have the strength to catch a pokemon with your own power. Just you watch, Ill show you how its done. Ok Pidgey, come on out!" He said, throwing out the bird pokemon. "You idiot, pidgey is a normal type!" one of the guys yelled. "Just watch, Pidgey use gust!" he said. The Pidgey sent a gust towards gastly and it sent it flying, "Now, go pokeball!" he yelled. 1...2....3..... captured! "And thats, how you catch a pokemon."

Devon began to walk down Beginner's Path. He looked around to see if there were any pokemon to catch. Suddenly, he heard a cutesy cheer behind him. "Oh, a Pachirisu! Ray, Astonish" The balloon creature charged at the squirrel and hit it. Now that it was weakened, he threw a Poke Ball at it and caught it. "Cool..." He also saw Gothita scurry by. When he was about to have Raymond use an attack, the Gothita basically just ran into the Poke Ball. "Well, that was easy..."

He continued to walk, until he saw some yellow fuzz under a tree. "Huh?" The yellow creature turned around and looked at Devon with beady eyes. It was a Joltik. "A-Are you hurt?" The Joltik had scratches and a few bruises all over it. It just made it's typical battle noise, and crawled up on Devon's arm. "Ooh... Uh, this is, interesting, heh-" He was kind of an arachnophobe. Eventually it crawled into his backpack. "Bewewu!" "I guess you wanna come with..." He shrugged, and continued to walk. So far he had 4 pokemon.

Question, by 4 corners do you mean there are only four Gym Leaders? I'm a bit confused on the setup of this//

"Wow Lickitung, 20 pokemon already!" Dom said. Along with Pidgey, Starly, Fletchling, Paras, and Dunsparce, Dom caught Gastly, Eggsecute, Pichu, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Weedle, Caterpie, Grubbin, Shinx, a Red Honedge, Oddish, Vulpix, Shroomish, Venonat, and Koffing. They reached the edge of the forest of transition. "Well Lickitung, its just through here to get to Cefofore." Dom said, looking into the forest. "Ill race you to the end!" Dom said, bolting straight into the forest, followed by lickitung.

Devon felt like keeping it slow, so he continued on with his four Pokemon (Drifloon, Joltik, Gothita, and Pachirisu). He saw the Forest of Transition ahead of him as he was walking. "Cerefore is just through here... I think." He muttered to his Pokemon. Just as stepped foot into the woods, a Combee landed on his shoulder. "Ow! Son of a- Oh, a Combee!" He threw a Poke Ball at it, and took it along with him.

"Man ive already caught most of these pokemon." Dom said as he wandered through the forest. He noticed the trainer with a drifloon again. "Hey, you!" he said, but suddenly, he slipped down a slight opening in the forest. Lickitung, still above, ran to the trainer with the drifloon. Dom noticed the area he slipped into. It was a slope heading down into a small pond. With the egg in his arms, he tried to climb out, but it was too slippery. The egg started to move, and slipped from his grasp, heading for the small pond. "No!" Dom said, sliding down after it. There was a small opening, and the sunlight was shining down apon the egg, which floated to the center of the pond.

Devon was walking around the forest, taking his time and exploring the area. Nokia (His Gothita) had found a bunch of Sitrus Berries on a bush, and was chowing down. Mikey (the Pachirisu) was kicking a rock around, which he though was very fun, for some reason.

Devon saw the Lickitung running towards him, and looked up at it. "Uh, hi? You're that other trainer's Pokemon right?" Devon was trying to be friendly, but he also didn't want it to look like he was stealing.

"Egg!" Dom yelled, wading through the pond. As he touched it, it started to glow. He looked up and saw a small pink pokemon. It laughed and disappeared. The egg started to crack, and out came... two pokemon? Two dratini popped out of the egg, one was blue, the other was purple. The blue one had solid blue scales, that were soft, the purple one had Firm Glimmering Scales, that reflected the colors of the pond. Dom looked up and saw lickitung dragging the the drifloon trainer over to the clearing. "Hey, a little help?" he yelled from the pond, both dratini in each arm.

Devon heard the trainer's voice and speedwalked to the clearing. He held his hand out, motioning for him to grab on. After pulling him out, he helped him to his feet and looked him in the eyes. "You ok dude?" He asked, then noticing the Dratini in each arm. Mikey looked at them, with the shine of the scales reflecting on his eyes. Basically he looked like Mr. Krabs whenever he sees money.

"Thanks for the help, you see my egg fell down and, i guess I got a double hatch?" Dom said, confused. Both dratini looked at him. "We need to get to a pokemon center." Dom said, runnning deeper into the forest, Lickitung behind him. He ran all the way through the forest and got all the way to Cefofore Town. The pokemon center was right on the outskirt of town, and Dom ran inside. There was no one inside, except Nurse Jon and his Wigglytuff. "Nurse Jon, my egg hatched and two pokemon came out!" Dom said, showing him both dratini. "Ill go give them a checkup now." he said, bringing them to the back.

Devon just nodded, because he didn't know much about Pokemon breeding. He began to walk back to Cerefore, and Mikey suddenly snapped out of his... Daze? Eventually he got there, and walked into the Pokemon center. He saw the Lickitung trainer talking to the nurse, so he decided to leave, as he didn't want an awkward interaction. Ray soared up and looked across the town. Devon began walking around again, then remembered something. "I should really start training for the chief" He said to himself.

(OOC, you do not know that norman uses electric types, no one does besides the people who have fought him. If you can write a way of you finding out thats ok, but go into it blind) (ALSO, its Cefofore not Cerefore)

Ding-ding-dingdingding!
"Dom, your pokemon checkup is complete!" Nurse Jon said, wheeling the two dratini out. "Can you tell me what happened?" Dom asked. "There seems to have been a strange mutation in the egg, theyre basically identical. They have the same strengths, weaknesses, theyre almost the same besides their color." Nurse jon explained, "Otherwise, everything is ok!" "Phew, i was worried, thanks!" Dom walked out of the pokemon center and walked through the Town. It was a quite small town, with the gym at the center. "hmm who should I use for my first challenge... Lickitung obviously, Ill also bring you two dratini along, hmm ill call the Pink one Dratino! Who else... Since its a normal type battle, ill use Starly and Paras, and who should I use last... Ya know what, pichu ill use you!" Dom said. Dom, Lickitung, Dratino, Dratini, Starly, and Paras walking to the gym. It was pitch black inside. Suddently, the lights flashed on. The bright yellow room pierced Doms eyes. "Welcome Trainer, to the Cefofore Town Gym, i specialize in electric types. Have you brought good enough pokemon?" Norman said, standing front and center. "Electric types?" Dom yelled. "Yup, even though its usually normal, I decided to switch things up this year. Ive already sent 19 trainers packing, so you will be my 20th!" Norman laughed. "This is gonna be tough" Dom thought, "Go Lickitung!" "Hold on!" Norman said. "Hm? What cant we battle already?" Dom sighed. "Cefobot!" Norman yelled. I robot, that looked similar to Norman ran into the room. "It seems like we have a strong trainer on our hands, he has more than 4 pokemon so i want to make it more of a challenge." Norman said. "O.K." Cefobot replied. "Now, its 2 on 2!" Norman said. "Fine by me, Lickilicky, Paras, I choose you!"

Last edited: