• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Merging Dimensions - Discussion Thread

I'm hoping to start a RP with this storyline:

A girl and a boy hang out with their friends at a birthday party in the normal world. They have fun. The girl, an artist (honestly, I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me online guessed the girl was me), gave the boy a paper with three fake starter Pokemon on it. A Fire-type jerboa-like Pokemon called Emboa (unintentionally overly similar in spelling to Emboar), a Water-type dolphin-like Pokemon called Spraycho (SPRAY-koh), and a Grass-type bunny-like Pokemon called Bunnut. The boy chooses his Pokemon and turns the paper over, where a birthday wish is written, as well as a semi-contract where he must sign his name twice and write on the ghetto Trainer Card which Pokemon he chose as a starter.

However, once he signs that paper, something strange happens. The girl and boy's ears begin to ring loudly, their heads start pounding, and in a bright light, the two disappear before the eyes of the other kids at the birthday party.

They end up in the Pokemon world. And you all are Trainers helping them find their way back home. I don't want too many people in this RP. There should be a good, stable group of about 3-4 people, 5 if I really can't choose.

@SummerShaymin @Gamefreak1996

How about you guys join in?

Name:
Personality:
Pokemon:
Trainer Class:
Trainer ID:

Name: Sylvia
Appearance: Light pink hair in the Pokemon world (was previously brown), blue eyes in both worlds, and has glasses in the real world but lost them in the Pokemon world. She wears the same thing in both worlds: a red tennis T-shirt, plain, dark blue jeans, and a dark purple hood-less jacket. She's average height in both worlds.
Personality: Generally, she can be erratic. Often, she's entertaining, energetic, and bouncy. Sometimes, she's lazy, sometimes, when she's mad, she can be threatening (though she tries not to be too threatening, as she is a pacifist), and overall, she dislikes fighting. She loves hugs, puns, blueberries, and has too many hobbies to count, but despite her complicated nature, she is still fairly predictable... sometimes.
Pokemon: None yet
Trainer Class: Novice
Trainer ID: 201003

Name: Michael "Mike" or "Mareep" Taylor
Appearance: Dark brown hair in the real world, black hair in the Pokemon world, glasses in both worlds, tall stature in both worlds, green eyes in both worlds, and wears a Pokemon Sun and Moon T-shirt, ocean blue jeans, and black and red sneakers.
Personality: He loves Pokemon just as much as Sylvia, is pretty chill, and gets excited over news about what he's passionate about. An artist like Sylvia, he tends to do well with computers as well as paper and pencil, often showing off his love for the Pokemon Zorua. His mascot is a shiny Zorua named Tricky with a had from Hilbert, the Pokemon Black and White male protagonist. He's a pacifist like Sylvia and despite not having her energy, she and him are actually quite similar.
Trainer ID: I forgot, but I have it on his paper, it's just not with me right now... I swear, this is an actual friend of mine, don't judge me.

I'm hoping to start a RP with this storyline:

A girl and a boy hang out with their friends at a birthday party in the normal world. They have fun. The girl, an artist (honestly, I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me online guessed the girl was me), gave the boy a paper with three fake starter Pokemon on it. A Fire-type jerboa-like Pokemon called Emboa (unintentionally overly similar in spelling to Emboar), a Water-type dolphin-like Pokemon called Spraycho (SPRAY-koh), and a Grass-type bunny-like Pokemon called Bunnut. The boy chooses his Pokemon and turns the paper over, where a birthday wish is written, as well as a semi-contract where he must sign his name twice and write on the ghetto Trainer Card which Pokemon he chose as a starter.

However, once he signs that paper, something strange happens. The girl and boy's ears begin to ring loudly, their heads start pounding, and in a bright light, the two disappear before the eyes of the other kids at the birthday party.

They end up in the Pokemon world. And you all are Trainers helping them find their way back home. I don't want too many people in this RP. There should be a good, stable group of about 3-4 people, 5 if I really can't choose.

@SummerShaymin @Gamefreak1996

How about you guys join in?

Name:
Personality:
Pokemon:
Trainer Class:
Trainer ID:

Name: Sylvia
Appearance: Light pink hair in the Pokemon world (was previously brown), blue eyes in both worlds, and has glasses in the real world but lost them in the Pokemon world. She wears the same thing in both worlds: a red tennis T-shirt, plain, dark blue jeans, and a dark purple hood-less jacket. She's average height in both worlds.
Personality: Generally, she can be erratic. Often, she's entertaining, energetic, and bouncy. Sometimes, she's lazy, sometimes, when she's mad, she can be threatening (though she tries not to be too threatening, as she is a pacifist), and overall, she dislikes fighting. She loves hugs, puns, blueberries, and has too many hobbies to count, but despite her complicated nature, she is still fairly predictable... sometimes.
Trainer ID: 201003

Name: Michael "Mike" or "Mareep" Taylor
Appearance: Dark brown hair in the real world, black hair in the Pokemon world, glasses in both worlds, tall stature in both worlds, green eyes in both worlds, and wears a Pokemon Sun and Moon T-shirt, ocean blue jeans, and black and red sneakers.
Personality: He loves Pokemon just as much as Sylvia, is pretty chill, and gets excited over news about what he's passionate about. An artist like Sylvia, he tends to do well with computers as well as paper and pencil, often showing off his love for the Pokemon Zorua. His mascot is a shiny Zorua named Tricky with a had from Hilbert, the Pokemon Black and White male protagonist. He's a pacifist like Sylvia and despite not having her energy, she and him are actually quite similar.
Trainer ID: I forgot, but I have it on his paper, it's just not with me right now... I swear, this is an actual friend of mine, don't judge me.
I like the premise, but I need some time to think this one over. I already have a lot on this website to handle.

I love the concept of this, though I would like to ask if I could perhaps be just a Pokémon instead of being a trainer. (Though keep in mind that I will be using my fan made Pokémon as my character since I am seeing you use them also; but I will be a trainer and/or not use my fan made Pokémon if I am not allowed to.)

Just know that there will be a lot of information coming by if I am approved to use my fan made Pokémon for the roleplay. c:

I'll be signing up soon once these questions have been answered and I also would like to reserve a slot.

Even though I'm still a little sick, I can still keep with a nice pace and write with pristine details and give posts more life; as seen in my prior experiences in other RPs including my own. I hope that we can make this RP into one that we can surely remember. Savniado out for now. (I was Charlespark previously before hehe.)

Technically you can use the fan Pokemon, but I'm not going to be using my fake Pokemon as actual Pokemon more than they are drawings. However, I welcome the fake Pokemon because I love the ideas people have with them. You can be a Pokemon if you want. However, I'll have to make a separate template for that.

Name:
Species (if it's a fakemon, please describe its appearance and abilities):
Type:
Level:
Wild or Owned:
Moves:
Ability:

Pokemon don't take up any slots. It's Trainers in the group who take up slots. Unless you want a slot as someone's Pokemon, in which case for the time being, you have two inexperienced outsiders from whom to choose. :p

Hmm... I would like to perhaps use my template since I like to describe especially my fan made Pokémon with pristine detail and also since he does have their own moves and such that I made for them. And also, I'm not sure if I should have my character be with a trainer yet since that's mostly resulted in utter chaos from previous RPs... (Coordination is something that I rarely ever see and even then the main problem would be other minor things I'd prefer to not state.)

Also... Yeah, I'm looking at the one that bunnied my Pokémon to absolute death and even trying to steal my works at one point! (Which has made me even more distrustful of others now.........)

*??? gives a little hug while not noticing that his Nurse is patiently waiting for him*

I suppose I'll have my Pokémon go with you, but I'll show you his datasheet first before showing his character bio since I want you to have an idea of who he is.

*??? blushes for a bit before he hears a sassy Glaceon calling him a baby as he prepares to use Tectonial Fragmentation, which is indicated by the counter ticking down unusually quickly starting at 5*

I'll try to get my character form in as soon as possible since I had to go to the doc recently...

Well, so far, the basic plot is that a friend and I are dropped off by my drawing somehow into the Pokemon world. The world is entirely new to us. Knowing Pokemon versus living in the world of Pokemon are two completely different things, so basically, we're asking for the assistance of several Pokemon and a couple of Trainers to help guide us through this unfamiliar world. I don't have the whole thing planned out quite yet, but I do know I want to involve some Legendary Pokemon somehow, and I will need to ask for permission in order to do that. There will be no Legendary Pokemon-catching, but if allowed, we will see some Legendary Pokemon. If not, I don't know what then, because I usually just let the flow take the RP wherever.

Well, there's already one for you since I'm going to be signing up a bit later in the afternoon today. (Since I was busy with more work the day before.)

I might need to include my lovely Changelog since I might need to tweek my cute lil' Fakemon's moves a bit since I can't exactly have him be spamming that one move like he can in my games.